[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

Remote Technologies Group presents...

4AgMqZV.png

RemoteTech - Version 1.9.9

(old forum thread)

Summary

RemoteTech is a modification for Squad's "Kerbal Space Program" (KSP) which overhauls the unmanned space program. It does this by requiring unmanned vessels have a connection to Kerbal Space Center (KSC) to be able to be controlled. This adds a new layer of difficulty that compensates for the lack of live crew members.

What's new in the current version - see Changelog

Thanks to Pirate and Fade

Instruction Manual

An extensive instruction manual is available at http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/ and includes a player guide, gameplay mechanics, detailed part summaries, and tutorials.

Download

The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The part models are not licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.

Download from SpaceDock, GitHub or via CKAN

Source-Code: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech

Pre-release builds - https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

Important: The 'pre-releases' are debug builds of the current development tree. They are not guaranteed to be feature-complete or bug-free. They are intended for those that wish to test out the next version of RemoteTech before it goes on general release and are aware of the risks of doing so.

Bug Reports

To make a Bug Report, please use the Github issue tracker. You can browse the current list of issues to see if your problem has already been reported by somebody else at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues.

Please follow the instructions at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md when reporting your bug. Forum posts are difficult to track, and incomplete reports make it impossible for us to locate the source of the problem.

Credits

RemoteTech is currently maintained by taxiservice.

Previous contributions by: Peppie23, neitsa, d4rksh4de, tomek.piotrowski, Erendrake, Pezmc, Starstrider42, woogoose, JDP, The_Duck, gresrun, Tosh, rkman, NovaSilisko, r4m0n, Alchemist, Kreuzung, Spaceghost, Tomato, BoJaN, Mortaq, Cilph, TaranisElsu, acc, Vrana, MedievalNerd, NathanKell, jdmj, kommit, koritastic, Dail8859, Grays, Jsartisohn, MOARdV, and Reignerok. Thanks!

Edited by tomek.piotrowski

I see this issue for RCS Translation was removed from the 1.7.0 milestone when can we expect this feature to be implemented? It is relatively vital for ease of use with RealFuels/RO. I did check the changelog, but didn't see any mention of RCS , so apologies if this is already resolved

Major appreciation to all those who made this update happen!!! :D 

THANK YOU!

Edited by Svm420

1 minute ago, Svm420 said:

I see this issue for RCS Translation was removed from the 1.7.0 milestone when can we expect this feature to be implemented? It is relatively vital for ease of use with RealFuels/RO.

Hard to say, we're fairly new to the project and we're a bit hesitant to introduce any major changes like this one for now. We're mostly fixing bugs and compatibility issues. Hopefully that will change soon.

1 minute ago, tomek.piotrowski said:

Hard to say, we're fairly new to the project and we're a bit hesitant to introduce any major changes like this one for now. We're mostly fixing bugs and compatibility issues. Hopefully that will change soon.

Quite understandable. Thanks for the reply and again for the update. I look forward to any future progress.

Edited by Svm420

Thanks for the update, love the new config dialog and being able to start a sim in KRASH with antennas deployed. :D

I did find a bug though in the config dialog: the slider for "Multiple Antenna Multiplier" snaps from one end to the other so your only choices are zero or one. I usually go with 0.2 and use the Root model so for now I'll set the multiplier in the config file directly.

Also, the connection indicator and FC button in the upper left corner does not scale properly with the time controls in the flight screen and map screen, here's a screen shot:

screenshot1.png

Edited by WalterB
The problem with the slider is already known

40 minutes ago, WalterB said:

Thanks for the update, love the new config dialog and being able to start a sim in KRASH with antennas deployed. :D

I did find a bug though in the config dialog: the slider for "Multiple Antenna Multiplier" snaps from one end to the other so your only choices are zero or one. I usually go with 0.2 and use the Root model so for now I'll set the multiplier in the config file directly.

Also, the connection indicator and FC button in the upper left corner does not scale properly with the time controls in the flight screen and map screen, here's a screen shot:

screenshot1.png

Thanks, I have added it to our issue tracker: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/618

Your mod is the best thing since sliced bread, and I'm happy it now works with 1.1! Thanks for making it. I do have one question, however... In previous versions when in map view I could click on the dish icon, which would show me view a list of craft, and let me change antenna targets on each of them. This functionality seems to no longer work the same, because clicking on that button does nothing. Am I missing something?

Again, since the other thread has been closed:

I experience an issue with the dish configuration button on the tracking station as well as in map view. I refer to the button for the dish configuration (the green button on the left).texButtonGreen.png

Its documentation says:

This button pulls up a window listing all dishes on the current craft, as well as their targets. Dishes marked in green are activated, those marked in red are deactivated. Clicking on any dish in the list will pull up the target selection window for that dish.

However, this does not happen. All of the other buttons are working. Also configuring the dish while I am flying the vehicle works (but of course this is an awful workaround once you got many satellites).

I tried this with several of the dev versions up to 537, also I uninstalled all other mods, even deleted all of the former RemoteTech folders before installing a newer version. Also tried it with x86 and x64 versions of ksp (1.1.2). Anyone encountering the same issues? There are no debug statements or anything else when pressing the button.

Sweet!
So with the newly added API Methods, and Unity 5, is there any possibility of having target tracking antennas again, like the original RemoteTech had?

I've been playing with the old antennas, and they all work, except for the MacroSr dish just doesnt physically target track anymore...

Let me report a small bug with the flight computer. When executing a short burn, if the attitude deviates from maneuver node, the autopilot will chase the node endlessly, with the engine running, until fuel runs out

Anyone else having a problem where the flight computer causes the probe's attitude to immediately just go out of control? No matter if I have just a little torque, a lot, or in between, the flight computer just immediately starts flinging the probe around everywhere. It seems to over correct for everything. I didn't have this problem back in older versions of the mod

I also have dlrk's problem

6 minutes ago, Thermospore said:

Oh and this is using the 64 bit version, haven't tested it with the 32

Mods are platform agnostic.  They do not have a 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Oh and since it is a new thread...  Long Live RemoteTech!

9 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Your mod is the best thing since sliced bread, and I'm happy it now works with 1.1! Thanks for making it. I do have one question, however... In previous versions when in map view I could click on the dish icon, which would show me view a list of craft, and let me change antenna targets on each of them. This functionality seems to no longer work the same, because clicking on that button does nothing. Am I missing something?

I have added it to our bug tracker: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/622

It is really wonderful to see the RemoteTech development gaining impetus again, super excited. Also, because I'm a bad KSP player, its great to see this get merged into stock finally:

• Merged RemoteTechXF you will find the option to toggle on the Cheat-Tab in the option window

:D