[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

14 hours ago, WalterB said:

I did find a bug though in the config dialog: the slider for "Multiple Antenna Multiplier" snaps from one end to the other so your only choices are zero or one. I usually go with 0.2 and use the Root model so for now I'll set the multiplier in the config file directly.

I also experience this. I have changed the setting in the config file, but when I load the game and check the setting, it is set to 1, and if I verify the config, my manual change of 0.5 is also changed to 1.

I don't know why you have put it in striketrough, is it because you had a workaround? Because the workaround doesn't work for me. Or should I just not ever open the setting screen in game?

EDIT: never mind, already reported here: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/594

Edited by Amedee

16 hours ago, Thermospore said:

Anyone else having a problem where the flight computer causes the probe's attitude to immediately just go out of control? No matter if I have just a little torque, a lot, or in between, the flight computer just immediately starts flinging the probe around everywhere. It seems to over correct for everything. I didn't have this problem back in older versions of the mod

Check you're on the latest version.  I had this problem and was finding the flight computer pretty much unusable, but it turned out I was running an old version.  Downloaded the version linked at the top of this thread and it's all working fine.

Love this mod, awesome work folks

The new Remote Tech appears to have issues with creating new control centers in the config files. Only the default mission control dot appears, whereas I have configured RT to have numerous centers all around Kerbin.

I have tried adjusting both the Default_Settings.cfg and RemoteTech_Settings.cfg.

Here is the code I am using:

Spoiler

RemoteTechSettings
{
	RemoteTechEnabled = True
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 1
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	NoTargetGuid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = False
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = True
	ControlAntennaWithoutConnection = False
	UpgradeableMissionControlAntennas = True
	HideGroundStationsOnDistance = True
	ShowMouseOverInfoGroundStations = True
	AutoInsertKaCAlerts = True
	DistanceToHideGroundStations = 3E+07
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	RemoteStationColorDot = 0.996078,0,0,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = -0.131331503391266
			Longitude = -74.594841003418
			Height = 100
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 0.996078,0,0,1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;9E+11 
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = KSC Northern Control
			Latitude = 19.65
			Longitude = -77.4
			Height = 3200
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					UpgradeableOmni = 1E+06;1E+06;1E+06 
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc490
			Name = KSC NE Island
			Latitude = 5.7
			Longitude = -61.28
			Height = 1320
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc491
			Name = Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = 3.15
			Longitude = -37.35
			Height = 1980
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc492
			Name = Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -2.6
			Longitude = 1.5
			Height = 4400
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc493
			Name = Central Continent
			Latitude = 0.4
			Longitude = 56.2
			Height = 2450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
			Name = Far Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -6.6
			Longitude = 113.6
			Height = 6500
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc495
			Name = Far Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = -5.4
			Longitude = 141.9
			Height = 380
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc496
			Name = Crater Mountain Ridge
			Latitude = 1.19
			Longitude = -175.5
			Height = 5900
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc497
			Name = Desert
			Latitude = 2.25
			Longitude = -131.8
			Height = 3330
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc498
			Name = KSC Mountains
			Latitude = -0.1
			Longitude = -79.72
			Height = 5450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
        }
	}
}

As you can see, the code is identical to the original, with exception adding new stations and the altering of the maximum range (and reducing it for lesser stations).

Edited by Aloriel

In the latest version, the RemoteTech.version file's URL property points to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/master/GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech.version, which is the old file for 1.6.9, and still references a download URL based on kerbalstuff.

So checking for an updated version doesn't work correctly.

Checking: RemoteTech.version
Out of Date: RemoteTech
Installed Version: 1.7.0
Latest Version: 1.6.9
Downloading: [Defunct link removed by a moderator]

Thanks!

Edit: It looks like 1.7.0 comes from the dev branch, and master is still at 1.6.9, so whenever you update the master from dev it should resolve the issue.

And I fixed my broken version comparison that lead me to find this in the first place....

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

25 minutes ago, SteveD80 said:

Not sure if it's an option, but being able to list my satellites as satellites instead of probes would be nice.

Nope... Its not, sorry... Thousands of people have been begging Squad for this feature for several YEARS now, and they STILL ignore us... :(

8 hours ago, fathed said:

In the latest version, the RemoteTech.version file's URL property points to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/master/GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech.version, which is the old file for 1.6.9, and still references a download URL based on kerbalstuff.

So checking for an updated version doesn't work correctly.

Checking: RemoteTech.version
Out of Date: RemoteTech
Installed Version: 1.7.0
Latest Version: 1.6.9
Downloading: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/134/RemoteTech

Thanks!

Edit: It looks like 1.7.0 comes from the dev branch, and master is still at 1.6.9, so whenever you update the master from dev it should resolve the issue.

And I fixed my broken version comparison that lead me to find this in the first place....

I've fixed this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Flight computer is still broken. Can't hold a node without flipping out, chasing the marker, and burning all the fuel. This is a clean 1.1.2 install and I made absolutely sure it was running RT1.7.0. 

Edited by symmeclept

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

Flight computer is still broken. Can't hold a node without flipping out, chasing the marker, and burning all the fuel. This is a clean 1.1.2 install and I made absolutely sure it was running RT1.7.0. 

Can you please upload a craft file to test against?

5 hours ago, symmeclept said:

Could it be related to this issue https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/607 ?

With old versions of RT there was a "hack" to "add" KerbinSide's Tracking centers work as RemoteTech-Tracking Centers.

(All over around Kerbin, just with a hole at the big ocean.))

Grabbed out an old "how-to" from my archive, added Stations to RemoteTech.cfg as usual and did many times before,

but it dont seems to work anymore. (new RT cfg looks a bit different too, upgradedable tracking center etc.)

Do i configure bad, is it a KerbinSide issue or is it not possible anymore?

Just thinking about...

Edited by Jansn67

2 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Do i configure bad, is it a KerbinSide issue or is it not possible anymore?

It's not KerbinSide. I didn't have it installed when I tested the same mechanic. I think the new RT is still a little rough around the edges. Hopefully the devs can get these older features up and running soon.

6 hours ago, gnivler said:

Can you please upload a craft file to test against?

This is the craft that prompted the post. Prober.craft

Fairly simple, low-tech satellite. Flipped out chasing the node at the end of the burn. May have been a fluke, it hasn't done that again.

2 hours ago, d4rksh4de said:

I don't think so. Haven't seen an immediate flip out. FC seems serviceable in most cases, still over-correcting way too much. Too much like the stock hold-vector function, flimsy and inconsistent. It seems worse if craft torque is under/over-powered, or if unbalanced.

On 5/7/2016 at 11:59 PM, Thermospore said:

Anyone else having a problem where the flight computer causes the probe's attitude to immediately just go out of control? No matter if I have just a little torque, a lot, or in between, the flight computer just immediately starts flinging the probe around everywhere. It seems to over correct for everything. I didn't have this problem back in older versions of the mod

I'm seeing this in a bad way - in Kill Rotation mode, the probe pitches up and down (it seems to be only pitch, not yaw) more and more wildly until it's swinging back and forth through 180 degrees.

I was going to try to reproduce it in new sandbox save in stock with only RT, but then I came up upon a different issue: RT is enable (via the menu at the space center screen), but doesn't seem to be active; the Flight Computer is red/disabled, as though it's expecting a connection, but I can manually control probes...

When using this mod with K-OS, any craft that drops signal to KSP also drops reaction wheel control when running a script.  Is this more of a K-OS issue?  Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Hello, I have big problem, yesterday(still on 1.0.5 KSP) I assembled one Grand Tour ship, but when I broke smth->loaded quicksave it always say no connection to send command on, but the button for connection is green, ship have energy and anntenas are on(omni directional)

There s photos, any idea how to fix that, I really don't want again make so many launches to assemble it there... :D

Spoiler

IHox19W.jpg

B400SI6.jpg

xXbPEbq.jpg

Thanks for any idea or suggestion!

Ave!

Toonu

Edited by Toonu

It's working great! No more direction chasing, and the option to turn RT on/off per save is greatly appreciated!

It seems though that (I'm on 1.1.2/64 bit) than when you leave the Flight Computer window open and then switch to another vessel through the map, the FC window is no longer responsive. I have to close it, and then open it again with the FC button to make it responsive again. Is this a known bug or something new?

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

It's working great! No more direction chasing, and the option to turn RT on/off per save is greatly appreciated!

It seems though that (I'm on 1.1.2/64 bit) than when you leave the Flight Computer window open and then switch to another vessel through the map, the FC window is no longer responsive. I have to close it, and then open it again with the FC button to make it responsive again. Is this a known bug or something new?

Yes, this is a known issue: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/578

1 hour ago, Kondensator said:

@tomek.piotrowski Could you make RemoteTech more compatibile with Kerbalism please? 

41 minutes ago, WildLynx said:

There is an old bug in RT: all the [+] [-] buttons stop working after flight revert.

[Linux Mageia 5 x64]

And also, is it possible to:

- redirect all the non-number buttons pressed while cursor is in edit boxes to their original handlers?

- add option, that causes angle edit boxes to lose focus after [Custom] button pressed?

- add option, that causes time delay edit box to lose focus after [Ok] button pressed?

- add small button, that resets time delay to zero and forces focus out of time delay edit box? (near ok button, or may be move them to next alignment row)?

I'm afraid with the resources we currently have we have to limit ourselves to fixing bugs (the important ones). Of course if you implement it yourself we'll gladly merge your pull requests :)

BTW, if you're a dev and would like to help out don't hesitate to PM me :) 

15 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hello, I have big problem, yesterday(still on 1.0.5 KSP) I assembled one Grand Tour ship, but when I broke smth->loaded quicksave it always say no connection to send command on, but the button for connection is green, ship have energy and anntenas are on(omni directional)

There s photos, any idea how to fix that, I really don't want again make so many launches to assemble it there... :D

Thanks for any idea or suggestion!

Ave!

Toonu

1.6.9 was the last version for 1.0.5 (mostly working). You can get it here. If you are already using it then there's something else wrong and would need to know more to figure it out.

2 hours ago, Varsi said:

1.6.9 was the last version for 1.0.5 (mostly working). You can get it here. If you are already using it then there's something else wrong and would need to know more to figure it out.

Tell me what you need to know @Varsi, I can tell u anything. :D I have latest 1.0.5 version...