[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

44 minutes ago, Rodger said:

If you have MJ, double check you don't have MJ's autopilot also trying to hold orientation.

No MJ, no CKAN ... I'm trying all sorts of things but I think I'll just play without remotetech for a while until I remember how I solved the problem last time.  But thanks.

Guys, I've two vessel in the geostationry orbit (36.000km) the vessel are very close. I mean the earth is not blocking the signal. So why the both satellite can't connect each other. I've also tried this in low earth orbit with different antennas but still same.

edit: I've solved it thanks

Edited by berkekrkn

On 05/11/2016 at 4:32 AM, Beechnutk Jr. said:

Ok, so do that. Or have new probe cores that are higher up on the tech tree that are able to tell when there is enough power to deploy/retract antennas without player input or something. Like I said, just a suggestion.

Out of scope. Install AmpYear and it can do that anyway.

On 05/12/2016 at 0:09 AM, WildLynx said:

As maintainer stated, there is only enough resources for critical bugfixing.

So all the propositions cannot be implemented right now, but we can store them for future use.

Like:

- Add RT manual to in-game manual, like SCANSat did. This mod is complicated, and online manual is incomplete and outdated. [A lot of work]

- Set a low velocity limit to standard commands, like Hold Surface Retrograde, often used by landers with disastrous consequences - RT computer starts to chase the velocity vector. Like, if tracked vector's scalar value falls under 10 m/s - switch to KILL ROT. [Some work]

- Add a Stop RT computer button: Cancels All commands and resets time delay, respecting the "speed of light" time delay. [Some work]

I learnt all about that with my rover. On landing it did a triple backflip as downward velocity got negative XD

Fortunately it had good rotation control and was on minmus, and  it did land right way up!

On 5/13/2016 at 8:05 PM, Garlik said:

Hi all,

First of, thanks for the current dev(s) and previous one(s) for developting this great mod. Absolute NEED for me (unlike future kind of RT feature that KSP will have).

Next. I've never been able to solve this problem (without 'cheating' my way out of the problem)

The problem: Send a manned mission to drop an unmanned lander with RT with only 1 antenna that needs to be desactivated during re-entry (ie: to land on Eve)

I must temporarly deactivate my antenna (ie: Communotron 88-88) so it does not break and would like to use the flight computer to re-activate it say 5-10minutes later. But I can only ask the computer to add the "Open antenna in 10min" when the antenna is closed, and... if it is closed... I cant ask the computer to add this command...

Is their a known solution for this? Exept adding a second antenna that is turned on while the first is off so I still have signal to tell the first to reopen 10min later

If not, I understant the dev(s) can't add more options now, and gladly offer my small help. I have basic knowledge in C#, Monobehavior and Unity 5. If you show me the way, I could try to dev this (if I end up beeing able to)

Did action groups work with flight computer delay? That probably would be the only way to do this. Don't have time to try it myself and not quite sure how action groups work when detaching parts of a ship.

hey guys,

I'm hitting an issue where some of the Remote Tech parts are no longer "showing up" in game.

I can load existing craft with the  Reflectron DP-10 and I can see the part while in flight, however I can't interact the part (right click) and doesn't seem to work (no craft control when it should). Most significantly, the part does not show up in build mode at all while the Communotron 16 and DTS-M1 do show up.

I've tried a clean reinstall of Remote Tech; no dice.

My sympathy goes out to the good folks trying to keep this mod alive.  It's a great mod but I think it's going to be very high maintenance. Hope the modders here don't get too buried under issues!

I have one of my own that I -think- is remote tech related. Certainly a lot of people have had a similar issue in the past, and last year forum user Fancymouse posted a revised dll that seemed to help, though I hear his dll broke Outer Planets Mod, which I'm unfortunately also using. In any case I can't use the dll to test as I'm using KSP 1.1.2

Anyway, my issue is I have a satellite with m700 scanner that cant transmit its survey data.  It goes through the motions but the data sequence halts at 100% and doesn't terminate.  The portion of my log when this happens is...

Spoiler

[LOG 12:44:02.412] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel probeCoreOcto (Farsight II)
[LOG 12:44:22.771] [SCANsat] Unloading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Kerbin
[LOG 12:44:22.772] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Kerbin] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.283] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.382] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For the Mun
[LOG 12:45:08.740] Sending data to vessel comms. 1 devices to choose from. Will try to pick the best one
[LOG 12:45:08.749] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::TransmitData(2p)
[LOG 12:45:08.751] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::Transmit
[ERR 12:45:08.752] [R&D]: No Science Subject found with id survey@Minmus

[LOG 12:45:09.074] RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3111572
[LOG 12:45:09.075] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.401] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.744] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.066] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.380] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.683] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.690] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:10.696] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    ContractConfigurator.Util.Science.GetCelestialBody (.ScienceSubject subject)
    Strategia.ScienceBooster.OnScienceReceived (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    RnDCommsStream.submitStreamData (.ProtoVessel source)
    RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source)
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:11.177] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:11.178] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    Strategia.ScienceBooster.OnScienceReceived (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    RnDCommsStream+<timeoutCoroutine>c__Iterator88.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:18.375] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave

I'm not 100% certain this is a RT issue but it's so similar to what others have encountered I thought I'd try here. 

I know some users had issues when Science Alert was installed, but I'm not using that mod. 

Any guidance on a solution or fix appreciated!

On 5/15/2016 at 11:36 AM, Varsi said:

Did action groups work with flight computer delay? That probably would be the only way to do this. Don't have time to try it myself and not quite sure how action groups work when detaching parts of a ship.

Pretty sure that's the way I've done it before.

2 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Anyway, my issue is I have a satellite with m700 scanner that cant transmit its survey data.  It goes through the motions but the data sequence halts at 100% and doesn't terminate.  The portion of my log when this happens is...

Seems like https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/613

On 5/10/2016 at 4:35 PM, WarrenSchultz said:

So, I was on a hiatus from KSP for a while, but followed along on updates to mods periodically.

I know on previous versions, there was an issue with transmitting science from the MPL, but I thought that was resolved.

Edit: The antenna reports that it is uploading data after the transmission is reported complete, and the MPL reports that it is already transmitting data if I try to send again.

Before I enter in a bug report, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a PEBKAC error/known limitation/etc. :)

This is what the output log is giving me:

ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.Util.Science.GetCelestialBody (.ScienceSubject subject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Strategia.ScienceBooster.OnScienceReceived (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean reverseEngineered) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RnDCommsStream.submitStreamData (.ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

KSP log:

[WRN 10:39:26.441] Updating
[LOG 10:39:26.444] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Research results) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 10:39:26.447] [Research & Development]: +20 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 10:39:26.450] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
[WRN 10:39:26.503] Updating

This *could* be a Strategia bug, as I started collecting science in Kerbin orbit, then moved it to Minmus, and the mix of celestial bodies might be causing that exception in Strategia and breaking RT also... but my coding skills are way too rusty to sort through the code and figure that out.

EXPERIMENT_DATA
					{
						experiment = temperatureScan@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = magScan@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = mysteryGoo@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = mobileMaterialsLab@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = scopeScan@KerbinInSpaceLowGrasslands
						experiment = rpwsScan@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = scopeScan@KerbinInSpaceLowHighlands
						experiment = barometerScan@KerbinInSpaceLow
						experiment = crewReport@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = evaReport@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = temperatureScan@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = barometerScan@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = mysteryGoo@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = mobileMaterialsLab@MinmusInSpaceHigh
						experiment = crewReport@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = mysteryGoo@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = mobileMaterialsLab@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = magScan@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = scopeScan@MinmusInSpaceLowSlopes
						experiment = scopeScan@MinmusInSpaceLowLowlands
						experiment = rpwsScan@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = scopeScan@MinmusInSpaceLowLesserFlats
						experiment = barometerScan@MinmusInSpaceLow
						experiment = temperatureScan@MinmusInSpaceLow
					}

Thoughts? Bug report for RT or Strategia, or just a plain old end-user error?

Edit 2: Removing Strategia has no effect. I disabled RemoteTech, and renamed the RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg to .bak, and I was able to transmit science correctly from the MPL. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Thanks D4rksh4de. :)

Not sure I fully understand what's happening on that bug report, but..

Actually, I was just having a look at my setup after noting that Warren's issue and his mods are similar to mine.  Sure enough, when I remove Contract Configurator and Strategia the scanner functions again, so I think I'll move my issue over there. Thanks for reply!

On 14.5.2016 at 5:01 AM, FancyMouse said:

Seems at least there are active devs around - shall we talk about some small design changes? I have the design change proposal along with the code below, but before that I'd just like to hear if the design change makes sense at the first place.

Basically my complaint is that command stations can't even control itself, which results in a weird situation that any vessel nearby gets instant signal but the command station itself has a delay like hell. It doesn't make sense, at least to me, that a command station can control anything but itself. Command station should have local control of itself.

Code change is simple - VesselExtension.cs just needs this change and it at least worked for me back in 1.0.5 (haven't yet tried in 1.1.* but I don't see why it shouldn't). Forget about the private function name - I suck at coming up with a name. Also, I don't know how efficient is the FindModulesImplementing call, but we probably don't need to worry about perf improvement at this point, and it's not relevant to my design change proposal anyway.

public static class VesselExtension
    {
        private static bool HasNonSignalProcessor(System.Collections.Generic.List<ISignalProcessor> list)
        {
            return !list.Any() || list.First().IsCommandStation;
        }
        public static bool HasLocalControl(this Vessel vessel)
        {
            return vessel.parts.Any(p => p.isControlSource && (p.protoModuleCrew.Any() || HasNonSignalProcessor(p.FindModulesImplementing<ISignalProcessor>())));
        }
    }

Haven't noticed this, but seems like a bug to me. Created an issue: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/633 Thanks!

Edited by d4rksh4de
link to issue

On 5/13/2016 at 7:05 PM, Garlik said:

Hi all,

First of, thanks for the current dev(s) and previous one(s) for developting this great mod. Absolute NEED for me (unlike future kind of RT feature that KSP will have).

Next. I've never been able to solve this problem (without 'cheating' my way out of the problem)

The problem: Send a manned mission to drop an unmanned lander with RT with only 1 antenna that needs to be desactivated during re-entry (ie: to land on Eve)

I must temporarly deactivate my antenna (ie: Communotron 88-88) so it does not break and would like to use the flight computer to re-activate it say 5-10minutes later. But I can only ask the computer to add the "Open antenna in 10min" when the antenna is closed, and... if it is closed... I cant ask the computer to add this command...

Is their a known solution for this? Exept adding a second antenna that is turned on while the first is off so I still have signal to tell the first to reopen 10min later

If not, I understant the dev(s) can't add more options now, and gladly offer my small help. I have basic knowledge in C#, Monobehavior and Unity 5. If you show me the way, I could try to dev this (if I end up beeing able to)

You could use kOS (a different mod) to open the antenna later :)

Is there a way to automate my antennas?  I would like my short range one to be on constantly and upon losing connection have my long range dish kick in.

Based on the post above mine I would guess that the answer is no.

Edited by SteveD80

I was also having the issue where my satellites would spin out of control while using the flight computer like some have reported. I was running the latest release of remotetech (1.7.0). Now I have many other mods installed so I was checking to see if it was an interaction issue with something else. Ferram Aerospace Research is usually one I start with given how much it changes the game. As soon as I removed it the spin issue went away. If anyone is having that spin issue and has FAR install might want to give this a try.

Edited by fuzzylogic101

12 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

Is there a way to automate my antennas?  I would like my short range one to be on constantly and upon losing connection have my long range dish kick in.

Based on the post above mine I would guess that the answer is no.

Probably out of this mods scope too. KoS should be able to do this but would need some understanding on how to do that.

I've been trying out the 64k mod for a harder KSP experience. It's certainly given me that, however I was wondering how to go about adding ground stations. I've gotten used to using them since playing with SETI, but I can't seem to work out how to add them.

I've added the following to my Default_Settings.cfg inside the RemoteTech folder-

GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = -0.131331503391266
			Longitude = -74.594841003418
			Height = 75
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 0.996078,0,0,1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07 
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc482
			Name = Roka Kosmodrone
			Latitude = 41.7593
			Longitude = 91.9
			Height = 295
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc483
			Name = Pleasant Valley
			Latitude = -15.2151
			Longitude = 101.2433
			Height = 2085
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc484
			Name = Iakod
			Latitude = -54.8877
			Longitude = 45.7251
			Height = 840
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc485
			Name = Olemek
			Latitude = -21.1816
			Longitude = -123.5356
			Height = 195
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc486
			Name = Orok Spaceport
			Latitude = 10.4508
			Longitude = -161.5649
			Height = 2600
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc487
			Name = Kermansburg
			Latitude = 21.6431
			Longitude = -110.7422
			Height = 1085
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = King's Island
			Latitude = -0.1.1206
			Longitude = -7.0532
			Height = 150
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

The first 'STATION' is the default one which was there intially, and the others I've copy pasted from some guy on reddit who had made his own set of ground stations (from about a year ago). It seems the ones I've pasted are in a slightly different format with only an 'Omni' entry.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to change to get the around Kerbin?

Thanks

[EDIT]

Sorted the issue! Found somewhere in the patchnotes that the remote tech settings file had been moved to your own save folder (Kerbal Space Prgram/saves/[yousavefile]). Added the station configs from SETI after the first KSC entry, and it seems to have worked! :D

My config now looks like this for anyone interested in replicating-

RemoteTechSettings
{
	RemoteTechEnabled = True
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 6.4
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	NoTargetGuid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = False
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = True
	ControlAntennaWithoutConnection = False
	UpgradeableMissionControlAntennas = True
	HideGroundStationsOnDistance = True
	ShowMouseOverInfoGroundStations = True
	AutoInsertKaCAlerts = True
	DistanceToHideGroundStations = 3E+07
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	RemoteStationColorDot = 0.996078,0,0,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc482
			Name = Kerbal Space Center
			Longitude = -74.76055556
			Height = 200
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = KSC Northern Control
			Latitude = 19.65
			Longitude = -77.4
			Height = 3200
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc490
			Name = KSC NE Island
			Latitude = 5.7
			Longitude = -61.28
			Height = 1320
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc491
			Name = Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = 3.15
			Longitude = -37.35
			Height = 1980
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc492
			Name = Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -2.6
			Longitude = 1.5
			Height = 4400
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc493
			Name = Central Continent
			Latitude = 0.4
			Longitude = 56.2
			Height = 2450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
			Name = Far Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -6.6
			Longitude = 113.6
			Height = 6500
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc495
			Name = Far Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = -5.4
			Longitude = 141.9
			Height = 380
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc496
			Name = Crater Mountain Ridge
			Latitude = 1.19
			Longitude = -175.5
			Height = 5900
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc497
			Name = Desert
			Latitude = 2.25
			Longitude = -131.8
			Height = 3330
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.5
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc498
			Name = KSC Mountains
			Latitude = -0.1
			Longitude = -79.72
			Height = 5450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,0.3
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1000000
					Dish = 0
					CosAngle = 1
					UpgradeableOmni = 
					UpgradeableDish = 
					UpgradeableCosAngle = 
				}
			}
		}
	}
	PreSets
	{
		PRESETS = RemoteTech/Default_Settings/RemoteTechSettings
		PRESETS = 64K/Compatability/RemoteTech_64K/RemoteTechSettings
	}
}

Note the presets bit at the bottom was already in place, presuably added by the 64k mod

Edited by DaJamsta123
Found the solution

If users/players with "KerbinSide" want to upgrade their Stations to Satellite-Uplinks i adapted the old config file.

Just copy and paste content into RemoteTech_Setting.cfg in your (actual) Savegame-Folder. (And make backup before.)

Spoiler

GroundStations
    {
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Longitude = -74.594841003418
            Height = 75
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc501
            Name = Tracking Station 2
            Latitude = 78.608117
            Longitude = 147.491623
            Height = 2817.58
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc502
            Name = Tracking Station 3
            Latitude = 20.45392
            Longitude = -78.093832
            Height = 3684.54
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc503
            Name = Tracking Station 4
            Latitude = 20.986161
            Longitude = -117.304872
            Height = 4204.48
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc504
            Name = Tracking Station 5
            Latitude = 14.733632
            Longitude = -127.017657
            Height = 2999.19
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc505
            Name = Tracking Station 6
            Latitude = 16.043645
            Longitude = -156.864196
            Height = 4704.55
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc506
            Name = Tracking Station 7
            Latitude = 3.329209
            Longitude = -37.145679
            Height = 2230.51
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc507
            Name = KKVLA
            Latitude = 10.3559
            Longitude = 227.3936
            Height = 430
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc508
            Name = Arakebo
            Latitude = 8.2517
            Longitude = 179.4219
            Height = 430
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc509
            Name = Kosmodrome
            Latitude = 0.138
            Longitude = 217.1527
            Height = 430
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc510
            Name = Central lakes
            Latitude = -15.3
            Longitude = 91.3
            Height = 50
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc511
            Name = Great Basin
            Latitude = -6.4
            Longitude = -178.7
            Height = 1500
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc512
            Name = Kraken's Belly
            Latitude = 20.7
            Longitude = -146.4
            Height = 500
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc513
            Name = Great Ez Kape
            Latitude = 21
            Longitude = 145.8
            Height = 150
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc514
            Name = Sea's End
            Latitude = -34.1
            Longitude = 79.8
            Height = 10
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc515
            Name = Toofar Kape
            Latitude = -45.5
            Longitude = 78.9
            Height = 10
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc516
            Name = Sanctuary Mouth
            Latitude = 23.7
            Longitude = -39.9
            Height = 20
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc516
            Name = Sanctuary Mouth
            Latitude = 23.7
            Longitude = -39.9
            Height = 20
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc517
            Name = Hanbert Kape
            Latitude = -22.6
            Longitude = -140.3
            Height = 10
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc517
            Name = Dull Spot
            Latitude = 63.9
            Longitude = -172.4
            Height = 500
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc518
            Name = Ocean Odyssee Platform
            Latitude = 16.3
            Longitude = 174.4
            Height = 50
            Body = 1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 7.5E+07
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
    }

If someone have tips/tricks to personalize/vary the settings please share your edits/optimizations within this thread.

BTW: In my actual longtime-1.12-savegame RT works as it should. No probs so far till now...

Many many thanks for keeping this important mod alive and working.

Edited by Jansn67

Is there a way I can tweak RemoteTech so that the antennae only use electrical charge while they are connected to a target? I know i can just deactivate the ones not in use, but Id like to have all the antennae open all the time... For fashion of course.

I keep getting "Status: slave" message on the flight computer, when i have decoupled a probe from a larger vessel. For example, when trying to set up an omni network of 4 relays all launched as a single vessel, I got this message from 3 of the probes (all but the first one decoupled).

What is the cause? How do I fix it? :)

On 13/05/2016 at 6:05 PM, Garlik said:

Hi all,

Set flight computer delay to 10 minutes or however long you need before reentry is complete. Toggle the comms (or you can also use this approach to toggle other stuff needed during the reentry, such as chutes, retrorockets, airbrakes, legs and so on). Set delay to 0 and now close your panels and other fragile stuff then finally the comms. Et voila. Your comms closes, and will open when your first more-delayed command is executed.

Edited by CorBlimey

4 hours ago, CorBlimey said:

I keep getting "Status: slave" message on the flight computer, when i have decoupled a probe from a larger vessel. For example, when trying to set up an omni network of 4 relays all launched as a single vessel, I got this message from 3 of the probes (all but the first one decoupled).

What is the cause? How do I fix it? :)

Flight Computer. Make sure the window is closed before you want to switch to another scene (go back to KSC or switch to another vessel). I've seen all sorts of weird issues (FC tried to render itself in KSC scene causing NRE floods, slave status after switching to another craft to fly), and all seem just a consequence of FC window at open state during the switch.

EDIT: oops I thought you were talking about some weird issue about 1.1.2, but it is in fact different from what I thought. The stuff you mentioned I remember seeing it in 1.0.5 as well, although not always. I don't know what caused it, but just going back to tracking center and then fly the target vessel should fix it.

Edited by FancyMouse

10 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Flight Computer. Make sure the window is closed before you want to switch to another scene (go back to KSC or switch to another vessel). I've seen all sorts of weird issues (FC tried to render itself in KSC scene causing NRE floods, slave status after switching to another craft to fly), and all seem just a consequence of FC window at open state during the switch.

EDIT: oops I thought you were talking about some weird issue about 1.1.2, but it is in fact different from what I thought. The stuff you mentioned I remember seeing it in 1.0.5 as well, although not always. I don't know what caused it, but just going back to tracking center and then fly the target vessel should fix it.

Hmm - you are right, the flight computer seems to be the cause and ensuring it is closed before changing prevents this error. Thanks!

Edited by CorBlimey