[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

16 hours ago, TaxiService said:

If I recall right, MechJeb and RT are fighting with each other over the same KSP's flight controls. Hence they are not compatible with each other.

I think I need to play with MJ and RT to see how it happens. I never use MJ before so I appreciate this if you can give some quick reproduce steps to use MJ interface/trigger the fighting.

Edit: Found how signal delay is ignored on the combination MJ and RT. If a MJ part (pod or box) is attached to the vessel, it acts as an independent command source, completely bypassing the signal delay. If the vessel is without MJ part, signal delay is in effect. I am messing with MJ at this moment to see if more MJ-RT issues can be found.

In RO every command part has MJ on it by default. I tried deactivating it completely in flight (there is a button to shut down MJ on the part in RO, I don't know how that works in stock), but that didn't seem to change anything. And since there is MJ on all parts I get the issue on every vessel, I just didn't really care before landing on the moon. It was pretty much identical in the old 1.2.2 version and the one you provided Wednesday.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Warp11

14 hours ago, sebam1975 said:

Yes, it is shown as in your capture.
Do I have to enable both?
Something strange is that if I start a new game, in the first launch I see the commNet bar and the next one is hidden.
Once again thanks for your help and speed reply

No, RT and CommNet cannot be enabled at same time because of compatibility issue. It is either RT or CommNet at one time. Also, at the beginning of new game, the first step of RT was to disable CommNet. This is why you see CommNet bar in the first launch and then gone in subsequent launches.

Based on what is transcripted so far, I think it may be usability. Can you build and launch a basic rocket with a short-range antenna and batteries? Does it eventually lose connection after some distance from launchpad? 

12 hours ago, Warp11 said:

In RO every command part has MJ on it by default. I tried deactivating it completely in flight (there is a button to shut down MJ on the part in RO, I don't know how that works in stock), but that didn't seem to change anything. And since there is MJ on all parts I get the issue on every vessel, I just didn't really care before landing on the moon. It was pretty much identical in the old 1.2.2 version and the one you provided Wednesday.

Thanks for your help!

Yup, MJ is essentially separate Flight Computer integrated into every command part. MJ only checks with RemoteTech mod on the connection status and that's it.

What do you expect to utilize both MJ and RT? I am trying to see how players may use MJ and RT at the same time.

17 hours ago, TaxiService said:

No, RT and CommNet cannot be enabled at same time because of compatibility issue. It is either RT or CommNet at one time. Also, at the beginning of new game, the first step of RT was to disable CommNet. This is why you see CommNet bar in the first launch and then gone in subsequent launches.

Based on what is transcripted so far, I think it may be usability. Can you build and launch a basic rocket with a short-range antenna and batteries? Does it eventually lose connection after some distance from launchpad?

If the rocket loses connectivity above the launchpad, what is the solution?

49 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Sounds like it's missing an activated omnidirectional antenna.

18 hours ago, TaxiService said:

What do you expect to utilize both MJ and RT? I am trying to see how players may use MJ and RT at the same time.

I use MJ all the time for things such as automated docking, rendezvous and manoeuvres. It's such a time-saver, especially when you've done those things by hand more than enough times to prove your machismo :cool:. I also use it for executing nodes unless there's no connectivity (in which case it's RT). I think it basically works fine with RT, bar the odd immersion problem.

6 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Build a next rocket with (activated) longer-range antenna/bigger battery capacity! ;-) Not all antennas are activated by default and require constant supply of electricity to run.

On 24.2.2018 at 7:41 AM, TaxiService said:

For me it is mainly the information, like dV-stats and similar windows. The other thing I'm using heavily are the stability controls (Smart ASS). I can sort of work without those if I really have to, and use the RT computer and Kerbal Engineer, but right now that means switching installs every time I want to do an unmanned moon landing or anything where the delay really matters and I still want to fly manually.

So I guess if you can get the MJ controls to react to my inputs with the delay that would be perfect, great would be if I could still use the info windows, and a great start would be if deactivating MJ on the craft would make RT behave properly (because I can do that in flight).

I hope this helps you!

Edited by Warp11

I also use MJ mostly for info readouts, dV-stats, orbit info and similar. Also for creating maneuver node for inerplanetary transfer becasue I'm not yet ready to deal with that kind of math. For the actual craft control, I more like to use kOS. Not that is superior to anything else that is available out there, but because it allows me to learn more about all of necessary math behind rocket science at pace that I'm confortable with, to maintain fun part of playing KSP.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just some odd setting in MJ, probably crept in with all my messing around. Resetting MJ to default settings helped. Sorry I bothered you.

There is another really weird bug I'm getting since yesterday. I'm not sure if its RT related but that's the only thing I messed around with recently so I'll just ask here.

If I have RT and MJ installed at the same time every time a craft rotation control input is given to the game the three rotation axis get deactivated on all RCS ports (the actuation toggles get turned off). When the control input is released they turn back on immediately. This happens when the inputs are given by me or stock SAS, RT flight computer and MJ inputs work normally. Translation is not affected either.

The strange thing is that it was working fine before I started messing around this week to fix my other problem we discussed above and I can't tell what's changed. I ported the save file from my install without MJ back into the old one and the bug started there as well, even though I did not have trouble before. If I uninstall MJ it goes away, RT version 1.8.6 or 1.8.9.122 don't seem to have an effect.

This is really weird and obviously makes the RCS completely useless. If anyone has an idea what the problem might be or how to fix it I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you!

Edited by Warp11

Hi there!

after installing Remote Tech 1.8.9 via CKAN, i started a new career, build my ship and went to launch, revert the flight to VAB and all parts (like sandbox) will shown in VAB, but i cannot click any other screen (like back or launch).

i uninstalled 1.8.9 and manually installed 1.8.9-3-develop - same effect.

1 hour ago, Kermon said:

Hi there!

after installing Remote Tech 1.8.9 via CKAN, i started a new career, build my ship and went to launch, revert the flight to VAB and all parts (like sandbox) will shown in VAB, but i cannot click any other screen (like back or launch).

i uninstalled 1.8.9 and manually installed 1.8.9-3-develop - same effect.

May I have your output_txt.log from KSP_x64_Data folder of your installation? The issue you describe is known (scenario error spam) and not specific to RT or CommNet Constellation mod (I got few player reports on this too).  It exactly happens when reverting from flight and prevents you from exiting Editor or launching.

Unfortunately, I could not find a workaround to this error, other than trying to clean up the save that causes the error.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, folks so I played with KSP 1.4.1 (Mission Builder) for while. It seems all mods will be loaded into all missions. Dawn of the Space Age mission is already dead on arrival with all antenna parts hidden at the beginning. Or Trouble in the Void mission is made bits longer with no relay commsat.

I think it is going to be pretty fun with communication-related problems arisen in player-created missions. I am going make a new official release for KSP 1.4.0/1.4.1 without any further change soon.

Have fun!

Edited by TaxiService

xzDIaUA.png

RemoteTech 1.8.10 for KSP 1.4.1 released

This release 1.8.10 is standard maintenance, contained few improvements.

What are fixed/changed:

• New cheat for line of sight against planets/moons
  • Delay joystick inputs if signal delay is enabled
  • Stop zero throttle when launching in RO

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Compiled for KSP 1.4.1
* Update ModuleManager to 3.0.5
* Upsize RT App icon dimensions
* Add a new cheat for line of sight [PR #743]
* Delay joystick inputs with signal delay enabled [Issue #742]
* Fix zero-throttle bug in presence of Realism Overhaul mod [Issue #744]

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #742: Joystick can bypass Signal delay [requested by: Domi1993]
* Issue #744: Zero throttle bug when launching a probe rocket (RO mod) [requested by: multiple posters]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #743: Add cheat option to ignore line-of-sight requirements [PR by: pianojosh]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

RemoteTech 1.8.10.1 for KSP 1.4.1 released

This release 1.8.10.1 is a hotfix to the botched fix to the zero-throttle bug (#744), affecting stock KSP.

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Hotfix to the botched fix to the zero-throttle bug (#744), affecting stock KSP

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Hi!

Is anyone else except for me having problems with RCS and the flight computer? Whenever I activate RCS at the same time as I'm storing a command in FC it just goes haywire and thrust in all directions all the time until the monopropellant is empty... If I do it manually I can with ease get the ship pointing to the blue marker spending like 2 % of the tank. With FC the ship wont even move, it just stays in the same position thrusting like crazy

JZd6kmm.png

Thanks for replies :)

Oh yeah @TaxiService I saw that you wanted the bug report on github but I'll start here first cause I'm not sure this is a bug.. It's most likely me doing something wrong as usual. However I did find another thread here

-> https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/94 so it might be something buggy after all? 

Thanks anyways :)

Edited by Schmelge

19 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Hi!

Is anyone else except for me having problems with RCS and the flight computer? Whenever I activate RCS at the same time as I'm storing a command in FC it just goes haywire and thrust in all directions all the time until the monopropellant is empty... If I do it manually I can with ease get the ship pointing to the blue marker spending like 2 % of the tank. With FC the ship wont even move, it just stays in the same position thrusting like crazy

Thanks for replies :)

Oh yeah @TaxiService I saw that you wanted the bug report on github but I'll start here first cause I'm not sure this is a bug.. It's most likely me doing something wrong as usual. However I did find another thread here

-> https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/94 so it might be something buggy after all? 

Thanks anyways :)

Hi Schmelge,

Was your vessel (very) aggressively burning RSC towards the blue marker on the navball? Something like rotation oscillations?

I am seeing this behaviour too but it happens mostly on sub-orbital paths within 70km atmosphere. Flight Computer is possibly overreacting to the variables constantly changed inside atmosphere.

Is yours RT 1.8.9 or 1.8.10 and KSP 1.3.1 or 1.4.x?

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Hi Schmelge,

Was your vessel (very) aggressively burning RSC towards the blue marker on the navball? Something like rotation oscillations?

I am seeing this behaviour too but it happens mostly on sub-orbital paths within 70km atmosphere. Flight Computer is possibly overreacting to the variables constantly changed inside atmosphere.

Is yours RT 1.8.9 or 1.8.10 and KSP 1.3.1 or 1.4.x?

Hey man! Thanks for reply, really appriciated!

1.8.10.1 according to ckan. I'm still in offline mode in steam since last update cause I don't want to break all unupdated mods :P so i'm still on 1.4.0

I did turn on RCS once still inside atmo and it was the same as in space.

It looks and feels like it's going absolute max thrust on the RCS, however, she ship isn't moving at all towards the blue marker on the navball. It's like it's stuck in a mode to keep it perfectly still if you know what I mean?

If I turn off FC and manually use the RCS it works perfect. 

I don't have any reaction wheels yet. Havn't researched that far.

Would you like me to somehow compile a list of all the mods I'm using? Anything I can provide for you?

Edited by Schmelge

@TaxiService hi again,

So I just tried again, this time for the sake of things I researched reactionwheels. So I have both reactionwheel and RCS onboard. I planned a maneuver and it looked good in the FC to be honest, T -13 min to maneuver correction (don't know if it's called this, but when the ship thrust rcs to get to the blue marker) and finally the correction point came, full blow on rcs for about 1 second and the turned off. Nowhere near at all the blue marker. However when the actual burn point came, it did everything at once.

I must do something wrong my self, I'm not sure at all that this is something wrong with the mod.

Here is what I did and what I think is correct, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm very happy to learn.

From launchpad I burned manually up so my apo was 80 km. Quickly out to mapview, added with precise node a circularized orbit. Clicked NODE and execute. I manually held the ship on the blue marker best I could and when the time came, FC made the burn, it wasn't a perfect circle, +3 k on apo and -3k on peri. Still in orbit, Peri was 77 k so it was safe.

I let the sat orbit once, and made a new maneuver node on peri to make orbit 300 k, clicked NODE and execute. I saw the command for correction about 2 min before the command for burn. Oh yeah I activated RCS as well. This time however, it just thrusted a liiiiiitle bit all the time, not like before when it went full thrust. However, I still can't seem to get the FC to make a good correction before it's time to burn.

As I said, I'm very new to KSP and I'm most likely the fault here. But as I understand, when  you make a maneuver point and then you click node, you're not supposed to have to do so much more than that right? FC is supposed to do the correction for you in good time and then the burn? Or do I have to make separate commands for the correction?   

Update

Anyways, I made it to my orbit :) manually correcting to the blue marker, and FC doing the burn. It went well, I made a node on apo. Ship made the burn without changing the apo and more or less perfected peri. However, now... Even though it seems like I have contact with KSC - I cannot make  maneuver nodes anymore. This happened after I released the last stage, now I only have my satellite and no more nodes.. I'm so confused right now :P The little blue ball that show when you want to click for a new node shows, but nothing happens when I click. Not even an error message

QTcQ0Mz.png

Update

Nevermind! Apparently KSP couldn't distinguish between the sat orbit and the debris orbit. after terminating the debris it was possible to add maneuver again.

Quite silly tbh.. Why didn't they code so only nodes can be created for the active craft?!? so wierd and stupid

Update

Yeah the only thing I can't get to work is the RCS correction move. The mod is pretty clever cause it won't make the real burn if you're not on the blue marker, it just puffs the engine for less than a second. However on the blue marker, it makes the correct burn. Thats pretty genious tbh. However. Still, with RCS turned on, it's a constant small RCS thrust and when the correction nod comes, a huge thrust for a second and then nothing. So I always have to make a manual correction when I have contact with KSC and the always be in a timewarp otherwise it uses the RCS.

Edited by Schmelge

Hi Schemelge,

Purpose of this maneuver node execution is pretty simple. Upon the clicking of EXEC button, Flight Computer queues two commands of (1) rotating the vessel to the maneuver prograde (blue marker) through torque force (reaction wheels and/or RCS), and (2) firing engine(s) at precalculated time until remaining delta is zero. This (1) command is exactly the correction you made prior to the burning. You don't need to issue separate commands for corrections as Flight Computer will automatically do it.

Unfortunately, the potential torque from RCS is strange/buggy since KSP 1.2 (see link, link) and gives wild random values at one or another time. It gets worse on a light-weighted vessel with big RCS torque. In comparison, reaction wheels have constant torque potential, where we (modders/players) can apply rotations reliably. This is also why we prefer to use reaction wheels (dont draw monopropellant) or place relatively small RCS on a heavy-weighed vessel (not so overwhelming RCS torque).

By the way, Flight Computer can execute a queue of multiple commands, even when connection is down. Have fun with planning on scheduling commands in zero-signal areas!

I am going to try smooth out the RCS calculations inside Flight Computer later but I am not optimized as long as the RCS torque bug is not fixed. 

Edited by TaxiService

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Hi Schemelge,

Purpose of this maneuver node execution is pretty simple. Upon the clicking of EXEC button, Flight Computer queues two commands of (1) rotating the vessel to the maneuver prograde (blue marker) through torque force (reaction wheels and/or RCS), and (2) firing engine(s) at precalculated time until remaining delta is zero. This (1) command is exactly the correction you made prior to the burning. You don't need to issue separate commands for corrections as Flight Computer will automatically do it.

Unfortunately, the potential torque from RCS is strange/buggy since KSP 1.2 (see link, link) and gives wild random values at one or another time. It gets worse on a light-weighted vessel with big RCS torque. In comparison, reaction wheels have constant torque potential, where we (modders/players) can apply rotations reliably. This is also why we prefer to use reaction wheels (dont draw monopropellant) or place relatively small RCS on a heavy-weighed vessel (not so overwhelming RCS torque).

By the way, Flight Computer can execute a queue of multiple commands, even when connection is down. Have fun with planning on scheduling commands in zero-signal areas!

I am going to try smooth out the RCS calculations inside Flight Computer later but I am not optimized as long as the RCS torque bug is not fixed. 

Alright then I have understood FC correctly. I read a couple of threads talking about just this that you mention, an rcs bug. hence why I researched reactionwheels a couple of posts ago, but still the craft acts just the same. Could it be that I have to remove the RCS thrusters entirely from my satellite? Because if I have RCS offline, and the reactionwheel online, it won't move, will not do the maneuver. Can it be so bugged that it's enough that it registers that there are RCS thrusters onboard even though offline that it bugs out and won't do the correction maneuver?

Very appreciated that you take time answering my slightly dumb questions :D

Edited by Schmelge

9 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Alright then I have understood FC correctly. I read a couple of threads talking about just this that you mention, an rcs bug. hence why I researched reactionwheels a couple of posts ago, but still the craft acts just the same. Could it be that I have to remove the RCS thrusters entirely from my satellite? Because if I have RCS offline, and the reactionwheel online, it won't move, will not do the maneuver. Can it be so bugged that it's enough that it registers that there are RCS thrusters onboard even though offline that it bugs out and won't do the correction maneuver?

Very appreciated that you take time answering my slightly dumb questions :D

Definitely not expected behaviour. Please help to give (1) .ckan to install your mods on my side and (2) output_log.txt  in c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, TaxiService said:

I'm not currently playing until the mods I want to use are 1.4.1 ready, but I do have a couple of questions regarding this in preparation in my next play through.

Firstly, is the RCS torque thing you mention the reason that a craft will sometimes infinitely chase the manoeuvre node at the end of a burn? I find that especially annoying when it happens during an out of comms action. Generally I play with reaction wheels severely nerfed, or without them at all. Would it be better to just use them as intended? I always feel that using RCS rather than reaction wheels seems a more realistic experience, but I'd probably sacrifice that method to get better gameplay.

Secondly, on this following post, there is an item marked as RCS to Translate Only. Would using that have any effect on the way the flight computer handles RCS, and if so would that be better or worse?

Thanks for any info you might provide.

3 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Definitely not expected behaviour. Please help to give (1) .ckan to install your mods on my side and (2) output_log.txt  in c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program.

Thanks.

Yeah absolutely! I have uploaded both the ckan and the output in a rarfile on filedropper. I hope that is ok http://www.filedropper.com/folderfortaxiservice

I tried using dropbox but it needed your email to share the folder :)

//
Schmelge

13 hours ago, strudo76 said:

I'm not currently playing until the mods I want to use are 1.4.1 ready, but I do have a couple of questions regarding this in preparation in my next play through.

Firstly, is the RCS torque thing you mention the reason that a craft will sometimes infinitely chase the manoeuvre node at the end of a burn? I find that especially annoying when it happens during an out of comms action. Generally I play with reaction wheels severely nerfed, or without them at all. Would it be better to just use them as intended? I always feel that using RCS rather than reaction wheels seems a more realistic experience, but I'd probably sacrifice that method to get better gameplay.

Secondly, on this following post, there is an item marked as RCS to Translate Only. Would using that have any effect on the way the flight computer handles RCS, and if so would that be better or worse?

Thanks for any info you might provide.

That issue of post-burn chasing maneuver node is resolved a few version ago. It is related to the detection logic not RCS torque glitch. I revised the logic to quit when it detects no "useful" burning delta left. You should be able to enjoy using RCS now.

I tested the RCS-Translate parts and some or most seem to use non-stock modules (eg RCSFX) that Flight Computer can't detect. So I think it definitely impacts how Flight Computer sees when doing RCS. You can always resort to stock SAS, which is very good at RCS, but like I said, stock SAS can't see non-stock RCS modules too.

11 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Yeah absolutely! I have uploaded both the ckan and the output in a rarfile on filedropper. I hope that is ok http://www.filedropper.com/folderfortaxiservice

I tried using dropbox but it needed your email to share the folder :)

//
Schmelge

Thanks for your files (a lot of mods though).

I replicate your RCS problem now but there are several different issues in this problem. First, few RCS parts, like Cross Arcjet RCS, don't even work under stock SAS (Key T) despite visual effects.  Second, something (nasty mod combination?) is nerfing/impacting RCS forces so much that Flight Computer & stock SAS is aggressively overblowing RCS thrust. Third, even stock SAS is suffering from the same agressive RCS thing. Stock SAS does the same slow rotation or no rotation, like Flight Computer, though it is doing better job at RCS.

Right now, my suggestion is to experiment with different RCS parts to see which are good for SAS/Flight Computer, or to use stock SAS for navball orientations.

I am not sure if I can find some ways to lessen/resolve this problem

Edited by TaxiService