tomek.piotrowski

[1.5.1, 1.4.5, 1.3.1] RemoteTech v1.9.0 [2018-10-29]

Recommended Posts

Am I missing something to get the pre-requisite for this mission?

6PyBARQ.png

I've covered Kerbin and the Mun with a 3 sat network each. I also have a ScanSat orbiting Minmus with a link back to Kerbin, and an omni attached that covers whatever side on Minmus it's facing. I even launched another relay in orbit of Kerbin with a relay dish pointed directly at Minmus, just in case that's what I needed to cover the requirement. What am I missing?

Edited by Rohaq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rohaq said:

I also have a ScanSat orbiting Minmus with a link back to Kerbin, and an omni attached that covers whatever side on Minmus it's facing.

I'm sorry if I missunderstood anything here but the way you write, it sounds like you only have 1 sat over at minmus?

I think you need at least 3 to cover a planet/moon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schmelge said:

I'm sorry if I missunderstood anything here but the way you write, it sounds like you only have 1 sat over at minmus?

I think you need at least 3 to cover a planet/moon :)

That's what the contract is meant to be - I can't even accept the contract without fulfilling the pre-requisite though.

So... I'd need to set up a Minmus network in order to accept the contract to set up a Minmus network? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rohaq said:

That's what the contract is meant to be - I can't even accept the contract without fulfilling the pre-requisite though.

So... I'd need to set up a Minmus network in order to accept the contract to set up a Minmus network? :)

well the contract if I have understood it correctly will check all the pre reqs first to see if you've done them to give you the correct info about what you have left to do in order to complete the contract. If the contract would say "no you have not done a comsat network around kerbin yet" that would be kind of strange if you actually already did :)

So before you have accepted the contract you get to see what you have left to do in order to complete it. In this case it's basically nothing left to do except for a commsat network around minmus :)

and no you should not have to do the network first and then accept the contract. you are supposed to be able to accept the contract anyways. ofcourse that depends on how many contracts you actually can accept. check your mission control to see if you can accept it. you can have different amounts of contracts depending on amount of stars of the contract, until you have fully upgraded. After fully upgraded you can have unlimited contracts :)

Edited by Schmelge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just from a short glimps i'd say you have too much coverage over minmus already, with this one satelite + the dish from kerbin.    The one Prequisite that is unmet clearly states that you MUST have LESS than 70% coverage of minmus for this contract to be available.

 

so, probably just turn off the dish antennas pointet at Minmus, and timewarp until you are 100% guaranteed mission control has not line of sight towards minmus, then this contract should pop up.

Note that if increased your base antenna range, and/or the multiplier for multiple antannas on one craft, in the RT settings high enough, you migt cover  Minmus with Omni antennas from Mun if it is close enough, or even Kerbin. 

Edited by Filigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2018 at 11:30 AM, TaxiService said:

What's New?
===========

* Add modder API for radio blackout on a target RemoteTech vessel

Which mod needs this? Is it possible to allow stock KSP to designate blackout during re-entry?

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Filigan said:

Just from a short glimps i'd say you have too much coverage over minmus already, with this one satelite + the dish from kerbin.    The one Prequisite that is unmet clearly states that you MUST have LESS than 70% coverage of minmus for this contract to be available.

 

so, probably just turn off the dish antennas pointet at Minmus, and timewarp until you are 100% guaranteed mission control has not line of sight towards minmus, then this contract should pop up.

Note that if increased your base antenna range, and/or the multiplier for multiple antannas on one craft, in the RT settings high enough, you migt cover  Minmus with Omni antennas from Mun if it is close enough, or even Kerbin. 

My base antenna is fully upgraded, but that still needs line of sight, and would still only cover 50% of Minmus at any one time, right?

I had nothing explicitly pointing at Minmus, nor with enough range to reach it, with only 20Mm dishes on my Kerbin network, and 5.00Mm omnis on my Mun network with a 20Mm dish pointed back at Kerbin. The only dish with enough power to reach Minmus were the large dishes with "Active Vessel" set as their target, which are another mission pre-requisite.

The only time this changed was when I sent my ScanSAT out there, and the desperate relay I sent up when the mission still wasn't activating - but the mission didn't activate before either of these, either.

Is there any way to view my current RemoteTech coverage of a body, so I can experiment with switching off dishes on my network?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Errol said:

Which mod needs this? Is it possible to allow stock KSP to designate blackout during re-entry?

Sorry, that mod author prefers to wait in shadow until everything is in order first.

The stock plasma blackout (and its toggle option) is unfortunately located in the CommNet area, which is currently disabled by RemoteTech due to conflict. It would require own codes & toggle option to calculate the flag, which may come later.

 

22 hours ago, Rohaq said:

My base antenna is fully upgraded, but that still needs line of sight, and would still only cover 50% of Minmus at any one time, right?

I had nothing explicitly pointing at Minmus, nor with enough range to reach it, with only 20Mm dishes on my Kerbin network, and 5.00Mm omnis on my Mun network with a 20Mm dish pointed back at Kerbin. The only dish with enough power to reach Minmus were the large dishes with "Active Vessel" set as their target, which are another mission pre-requisite.

The only time this changed was when I sent my ScanSAT out there, and the desperate relay I sent up when the mission still wasn't activating - but the mission didn't activate before either of these, either.

Is there any way to view my current RemoteTech coverage of a body, so I can experiment with switching off dishes on my network?

It seems you are using Contract Configurator and third-party Contract Pack for RemoteTech (not our own). Check out this post.

I am afraid there isn't a RemoteTech tool/interface to see the RemoteTech coverage of a body at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TaxiService said:

It seems you are using Contract Configurator and third-party Contract Pack for RemoteTech (not our own). Check out this post.

I am afraid there isn't a RemoteTech tool/interface to see the RemoteTech coverage of a body at this moment.

Ah, I thought the contract pack was an extra for RT from the RT maintainers - my mistake.

Thanks for the link!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not entirely sur eif this has been asked before, but figured I'd ask anyways~

So, i know stock commNet has remote probe control if you ar eusing certain command modules/pods, is there a way to make the Remote Tech command module system work in the same way? I enjoy RT's command station idea with a bunch of kerbals, but much prefer the versatility of the stock system's ability to control a probe with just 1 kerbal orbiting a planet, while sending down a module to the surface via remote.

Edit: To accomplish this, would changing the RTCommandMinCrew to 1 in the source and recompiling the dll be the sort of solution I'd need to do? Or would there need ot be more changes? I know there's a few other prerequisites for a vessel to be considered a Command Station, but i'm just not exactly sure all of what.

Edited by DracoSilverpath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Not entirely sur eif this has been asked before, but figured I'd ask anyways~

So, i know stock commNet has remote probe control if you ar eusing certain command modules/pods, is there a way to make the Remote Tech command module system work in the same way? I enjoy RT's command station idea with a bunch of kerbals, but much prefer the versatility of the stock system's ability to control a probe with just 1 kerbal orbiting a planet, while sending down a module to the surface via remote.

Edit: To accomplish this, would changing the RTCommandMinCrew to 1 in the source and recompiling the dll be the sort of solution I'd need to do? Or would there need ot be more changes? I know there's a few other prerequisites for a vessel to be considered a Command Station, but i'm just not exactly sure all of what.

Yes, updating the variable, RTCommandMinCrew, in ModuleSPU.cs and recompiling is all you need to do. But if you are applying your recompiled DLL on your existing save, edit your persistent.sfs to change the saved RTCommandMinCrew value in all ModuleSPU modules of your existing vessels.

Edited by TaxiService

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Yes, updating the variable, RTCommandMinCrew, in ModuleSPU.cs and recompiling is all you need to do. But if you are applying your recompiled DLL on your existing save, edit your persistent.sfs to change the saved RTCommandMinCrew value in all ModuleSPU modules of your existing vessels.

This is great to know, thank you! As a side note, do you think you could ever make a standalone version of the flight computer? I know there used to be one ages ago, but hasn't been updated for many years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

This is great to know, thank you! As a side note, do you think you could ever make a standalone version of the flight computer? I know there used to be one ages ago, but hasn't been updated for many years now.

Isn't it essentially MechJeb (with new beta feature of scriptable commands)?

Got any link or name to the said standalone Flight Computer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 4:13 PM, demibear said:

On the subject of ground stations, did the way the configs for adding ground stations change? I used something someone added here awhile ago and I cannot seem to get the ground stations to work anymore. Would rescaling to 3.2x have an effect?

  Reveal hidden contents

@RemoteTechSettings
{
    !GroundStations,* {}
    GroundStations
    {
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = -0.13133150339126601
            Longitude = -74.594841003417997
            Height = 75
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 0.996078014,0,0,1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 75000000
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = c4020a3a-3725-4644-9185-e092ea000772
            Name = North Station One
            Latitude = 63.0959948383325
            Longitude = -90.0686195497409
            Height = 2864.02024834626
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = a48ebe2b-dd33-43cd-b6fc-0ff01d286a28
            Name = Baikerbanur
            Latitude = 20.6820169733268
            Longitude = -146.499776485631
            Height = 426.953797265305
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 1b85e542-f333-42c4-b947-63c68fa1c07e
            Name = Crater Rim
            Latitude = 9.44728971864159
            Longitude = -172.106644413907
            Height = 4115.64748514118
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 924a1f04-65fd-43b0-b5d9-92b42622b47a
            Name = Mesa South
            Latitude = -59.5861679042582
            Longitude = -25.8627095278566
            Height = 5455.44101071125
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5ff6a830-98a2-488f-bdd4-4322511222d6
            Name = Harvester Massif
            Latitude = -11.9503778337192
            Longitude = 33.7373248915106
            Height = 2701.44694075082
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 6de2d751-bbbc-4892-80d7-d3852ab99d9b
            Name = Nye Island
            Latitude = 5.36081966792828
            Longitude = 108.546677792524
            Height = 411.161351518473
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

 

 

Self-bumping myself since I think it got lost in the update news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 8:12 AM, TaxiService said:

Isn't it essentially MechJeb (with new beta feature of scriptable commands)?

Got any link or name to the said standalone Flight Computer?

The really old FC mod is here:

As far as I'm aware, MechJeb doesn't have a commnd queue, correct? Being able to have a set of commands setup before-time really is what i'm after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

The really old FC mod is here:

As far as I'm aware, MechJeb doesn't have a commnd queue, correct? Being able to have a set of commands setup before-time really is what i'm after.

Oh, I see how my RT colleague came to know during RT redevelopment discussion on modular Flight Computer.

I cannot separate current RemoteTech Flight Computer because of its deep dependencies to underlying RT workings. Only a completely rebuilt Flight Computer during RT redev is feasible.

4 hours ago, demibear said:

Self-bumping myself since I think it got lost in the update news.

The way of adding ground stations should be still unchanged.

Please try to click 'Reload' button in 'Presets' tab of RT Options window in KSC scene. It should reload the latest settings (constructed from your installed mods) into your save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to make a comsat network but none of the dishes are working, even if activated. If the rocket gets out of the 15km range, all signal cuts out. Only the short range (communotrons) are working. But these doesn't have a significant range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem with RT 1.8.10.3 in KSP 1.4.2 in sandbox mode, build my ship and went to launch. After i return to KSC i cannot access VAB or other buildings except astronauts complex (even then i can not exit). I can not quit game or anything. New sandbox game same problem. I tested without RT and had no problem.

Mods installed:

Spoiler

ToolbarControl
Chatterer
ClickThroughBlocker
CommNetVisualisation
CommunityTraitIcons
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FuseboxContinued
GPOSpeedFuelPump
HotSpot
HullCameraVDS
JSI
KerbalEngineer
Kopernicus
MagiCore
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
NavyFish
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
PreciseManeuver
RealPlume
RealTimeClock2
RemoteTech
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipEffectsContinued
SmokeScreen
Strategia
Trajectories
TriggerTech
WaypointManager
[x] Science!

Log:

output_log.txt -  2.4 MB

 

edit: same attitude with 1.8.9 in ksp 1.3.1 but not in 1.4.2 with only RT installed. must be a conflict with another mod. And here starts the try and error approach.

edit 2: I know that there is no reason to put RT with CommNetVisualisation but when you have many mods installed you forget them. I am 99% confident that there is a conflict with those two. I have no issues when using only one of the two. Installing both and the problem appears.

Edited by Nik kal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nik kal said:

I have a problem with RT 1.8.10.3 in KSP 1.4.2 in sandbox mode, build my ship and went to launch. After i return to KSC i cannot access VAB or other buildings except astronauts complex (even then i can not exit). I can not quit game or anything. New sandbox game same problem. I tested without RT and had no problem.

Mods installed:

  Reveal hidden contents

ToolbarControl
Chatterer
ClickThroughBlocker
CommNetVisualisation
CommunityTraitIcons
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FuseboxContinued
GPOSpeedFuelPump
HotSpot
HullCameraVDS
JSI
KerbalEngineer
Kopernicus
MagiCore
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
NavyFish
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
PreciseManeuver
RealPlume
RealTimeClock2
RemoteTech
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipEffectsContinued
SmokeScreen
Strategia
Trajectories
TriggerTech
WaypointManager
[x] Science!

Log:

output_log.txt -  2.4 MB

 

edit: same attitude with 1.8.9 in ksp 1.3.1 but not in 1.4.2 with only RT installed. must be a conflict with another mod. And here starts the try and error approach.

edit 2: I know that there is no reason to put RT with CommNetVisualisation but when you have many mods installed you forget them. I am 99% confident that there is a conflict with those two. I have no issues when using only one of the two. Installing both and the problem appears.

:-/ I have few past reports from other players on this issue and I can't determine what caused this. It happened when your save got corrupted by something else when entering/exiting Editor scene. It does not happen with only RT installed. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RemoteTech 1.8.11 for KSP 1.4.3 released

This release is standard maintenance, contained bug fixes.

What are fixed/changed:

  • Eliminated the response delay in Part Action Menu buttons and sliders
  • Fixed the rare bug on symmetry parts' Part Action Menu in Editor
  • All vessels, included non-loaded vessels, have the full RT connectivity

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.4.3
* Eliminated the response delay in Part Action Menu buttons & sliders
* Fixed the rare bug on symmetry parts' Part Action Menu in Editor
* Resolved the inconsistent connectivity on non-loaded vessels

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #748: Tweakable sliders of parts are sluggish in vessels with connected probe cores even with signal delay disabled [requested by: ChippedChap]
* Issue #749: PartAction Menu issues [requested by: inkognito1100]

Pull Requests
-------------
 

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, what is more realistic: root mode or standard mode and what is the most realistic setting for the attena multiplyer?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Do you know how I could add default integrated antennas to all probes/command pod/modules as in RO/RP-0 ?

I'm playing know on stock 1.3.1, and I miss that so much..!

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, dlathro1 said:

Just out of curiosity, what is more realistic: root mode or standard mode and what is the most realistic setting for the attena multiplyer?

Thanks

It is the square root mode, which is modelled after the real-life radio physics (I think). It is up to you on how to select the antenna multiplier value. 0.0 is no range boost and 1.0 is the absolute sum of all antenna ranges.

3 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

Do you know how I could add default integrated antennas to all probes/command pod/modules as in RO/RP-0 ?

I'm playing know on stock 1.3.1, and I miss that so much..!

Thanks :)

I am pretty sure the default integrated antennas are automatically added to the stock parts but not unsupported third-party parts.

Can you check it again?

Edited by TaxiService

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Can you check it again?

 

Done, still no changes, but I justed noticed I'm using SETI RT configs that adds some extra ground stations, I checked the cfg file, and yeah It should no interact with the parts..  By the time, I changed the transmitting value of electric charge in remote tech antennas settings, that worked pretty fine, but I still prefer stable and official solutions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to set up an RO/RP-1/RSS career on 1.3.1, including Remote Tech.  The problem I'm having is that I never, ever have connection to send commands to my vessels.  I've been able to use MechJeb's autostage to stage the booster and get a homebrew sounding rocket to about 197 km, but I have no control over anything -- can't even "Analyze Telemetry".  Oddly (I presume due to a bug somewhere), if I build a bone-stock A-4, I can control it in pitch/yaw/roll until the batteries run out (within limits of air for the fins to work against).

I may have just spotted the problem -- something in either RP-1 or KSC Switcher has established Mission Control in eastern Colombia or in Brazil near the Colombian border (can't see political borders in the Tracking Station).  This is clearly out of range from the omni antennae, either the ones built into the Aerobee and procedural probe cores, or the stock-alike dipoles.

Unfortunately, there are no launch sites within omni range of this (interior South America) location; the nearest, Kourou (in what used to be French Guiana -- don't instantly recall the current name), is still multiple thousands of km away.  I'm also going to post in the KSC Switcher thread, if I can find it, but would I be correct in thinking this is probably the issue with my Remote Tech never having connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.