[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

Having some issues with RemoteTech locking all my staging. The input lock stack from alt+f12 is showing:

RTLockStaging

RTLockSAS

RTLockRCS

RTLockActions

Weirdly, i can engage SAS and RCS, and stage 1 will activate (sometimes) but past that no other stages will fire. All my staging commands appear in the RemoteTech flight computer (checked and there is no signal delay).

Here's the output log.

It has made my game unplayable so any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Qwarkk

How come it no longer possible to change a dish target without taking direct control of the craft?

EDIT:

On 5/6/2016 at 1:42 AM, garthako said:

Again, since the other thread has been closed:

I experience an issue with the dish configuration button on the tracking station as well as in map view. I refer to the button for the dish configuration (the green button on the left).texButtonGreen.png

Its documentation says:

However, this does not happen. All of the other buttons are working. Also configuring the dish while I am flying the vehicle works (but of course this is an awful workaround once you got many satellites).

I tried this with several of the dev versions up to 537, also I uninstalled all other mods, even deleted all of the former RemoteTech folders before installing a newer version. Also tried it with x86 and x64 versions of ksp (1.1.2). Anyone encountering the same issues? There are no debug statements or anything else when pressing the button.

It seems others have noticed as well. Has a solution been found that I haven't noticed?

Edited by Sokar408

2 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

Weirdly, i can engage SAS and RCS, and stage 1 will activate (sometimes) but past that no other stages will fire. All my staging commands appear in the RemoteTech flight computer (checked and there is no signal delay).

Are you playing in career mode?

If you are playing in career mode, do you have an active antenna on your ship?

Does this happen with manned craft or only unmanned?

If the first stage activates, are you using launch clamps at that time?

So I'm trying to use Remote Tech with RSS. In the past I would change the range multiplier to 10 in Default_Settings.cfg to deal with the increased scale. In the current version there is the in game slider that only goes to 2, and changing the config files does not appear to do anything. Is there some new way to change the default range of the antennas without modifying each and every value?

4 hours ago, Gryphon said:

Are you playing in career mode?

If you are playing in career mode, do you have an active antenna on your ship?

Does this happen with manned craft or only unmanned?

If the first stage activates, are you using launch clamps at that time?

Have tested in both career and sandbox mode, same problems in both so its not save-specific as far as i can tell.

There are antennas on the ship and there is a connection established to the network.

The problem occurs with both manned and unmanned ships.

The first stage activates with and without launch clamps, but in both cases the second stage wont fire

Edit: Just uninstalled RemoteTech, and the problem still persists, even when the input lock is completely clear. Must be an issue with another mod.

Edit 2: Just to clarify the bug was with the FMRS mod. Ignore me :P

Edited by Qwarkk

is there any chance RT can go back to accessing/assigning the entire network's connections from within a connected flight? It's getting a bit too-man-clicks frustrating having to return to the tracking station or locate and switch to another vessel just to point one dish temporarily at something else. it was so much more elegant when you could just do it in flight, provided the vessel had a connection

Hi!  So I am trying to set up a comms network for Duna and When I put my Com sats in Orbit they kept fluctuating with RCS and ASAS off.  They fluctuate the Orbital period and altitudes.  It's not that bad as I can send several comsats into LDO for constant coms if need be.   Just wondering if there is a fix. 

1 hour ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Hi!  So I am trying to set up a comms network for Duna and When I put my Com sats in Orbit they kept fluctuating with RCS and ASAS off.  They fluctuate the Orbital period and altitudes.  It's not that bad as I can send several comsats into LDO for constant coms if need be.   Just wondering if there is a fix. 

Stock bug. Sorry. Maybe they'll fix it in the next update.

Spoiler

The target is in range, antenna actived, the polar 1 is well connected to KSC, then why it's show No Connection and cannot control it?

edit: it was active vessle thing upper the raido chain. :(

Edited by omelaw

Hello everyone, can somebody help me?
I'm trying to install RemoteTech on a 1.1.2 version of KSP but I can't get it to work.

• I downloaded the 1.7.0 version of RemoteTech and copied the contents of the GameData folder into the GameData of KSP.
  • I did not have any module manager prior to this.
  • When I open the game it shows me the settings menu like it's supposed to do, but I can't get a connection to Mission Control with antennas and when I right click on the parts added with RemoteTech the regular menu doesn't show up (the one where you can choose 'extend').
  • The only other mods I have are Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbal Engineer Redux.

Am I missing something with the installation?
@tomek.piotrowski

Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot.
I checked again and realized I had version 1.1 of KSP. I updated to 1.1.2 and it solved most of the problems.
I still have a problem, where I get a probe to orbit I can't control it, even when it says I have a connection to Mission Control.

Edit 2Solved it. It wasn't a problem with the mod, sorry to bother you.

Edited by SuperPudding

On 06/05/2016 at 1:42 AM, garthako said:

Again, since the other thread has been closed:

I experience an issue with the dish configuration button on the tracking station as well as in map view. I refer to the button for the dish configuration (the green button on the left).texButtonGreen.png

Its documentation says:

However, this does not happen. All of the other buttons are working. Also configuring the dish while I am flying the vehicle works (but of course this is an awful workaround once you got many satellites).

I tried this with several of the dev versions up to 537, also I uninstalled all other mods, even deleted all of the former RemoteTech folders before installing a newer version. Also tried it with x86 and x64 versions of ksp (1.1.2). Anyone encountering the same issues? There are no debug statements or anything else when pressing the button.

I have exactly the same issue. I can't switch dish pointing in map view.

Were you able to find the cause of the problem and a fix ?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have the following problem using the Flight Computer:

I am trying to land a probe on the Moon using RSS and RO. The signal delay is approx. 1.25 seconds. All I need is the Flight Computer to hold steady retrograde, but I couldn't achieve it through any means. I tried through RCS, engine gimbal, everything. It keeps wiggling about, increasing oscillations until it's completely out of control.

I am a RemoteTech newbie, please forgive me if this question was asked and answered already. Is it even possible to land probes remotely on bodies without athmosphere?

Edit: using RemoteTech 1.7 installed through CKAN. Tried disabling the delay and using regular SAS and it works fine. Even without delay the Flight Computer is not stable.

Edited by Omegaton

Could you add a "Start engine" and "Shut down engine" command?
I use the Supernova Fusion Engine and it always uses FusionPellets, also when idling, so a shutdown after maneuver burn and a startup before maneuver burn would be a nice feature.

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/8/2016 at 9:14 PM, salajander said:

I'm seeing this in a bad way - in Kill Rotation mode, the probe pitches up and down (it seems to be only pitch, not yaw) more and more wildly until it's swinging back and forth through 180 degrees.

Is no one else seeing this?

On 5/31/2016 at 10:07 PM, Omegaton said:

Hi,

I have the following problem using the Flight Computer:

I am trying to land a probe on the Moon using RSS and RO. The signal delay is approx. 1.25 seconds. All I need is the Flight Computer to hold steady retrograde, but I couldn't achieve it through any means. I tried through RCS, engine gimbal, everything. It keeps wiggling about, increasing oscillations until it's completely out of control.

I am a RemoteTech newbie, please forgive me if this question was asked and answered already. Is it even possible to land probes remotely on bodies without athmosphere?

Edit: using RemoteTech 1.7 installed through CKAN. Tried disabling the delay and using regular SAS and it works fine. Even without delay the Flight Computer is not stable.

Yes, this is the same problem I'm having.

MechJeb SmartASS is set to OFF by default when the maneuver is not executed with the MechJeb maneuver planner.

btw the pitch/jaw jiggling "only" occured when using a manual burn with the FlightComputer holding prograde, but not when executing a maneuver with it ...

Hoping I haven't missed something about this perhaps in the old RT thread.

I thought I remembered a link somewhere to an explanation for using the 'root' model, including something about changing (IIRC) the MultipleAntennaMultiplier to 0.5. Am I remembering this correctly? Honestly I can't remember the explanation for the adjustment, but I'm just starting my 1.1.2 career and setting it up for semi-realism/more challenging, so I'd like to configure RT to reflect that.

Even just a "yes change it to 0.5" or "no don't change it" would be good enough for me. Explain it further at your own volition.

Thanks either way!

Edit: After glancing at the settings configs I may be wrong about the which setting should be adjusted. I remember it changing the slider below the range model settings on the in-game RT settings window to 0.5, which normally starts at 1.0 as a base. I'll edit in the name of the setting I'm asking about ASAP.

Edited by RocketRyleigh

14 minutes ago, RocketRyleigh said:

I thought I remembered a link somewhere to an explanation for using the 'root' model, including something about changing (IIRC) the MultipleAntennaMultiplier to 0.5. Am I remembering this correctly? Honestly I can't remember the explanation for the adjustment, but I'm just starting my 1.1.2 career and setting it up for semi-realism/more challenging, so I'd like to configure RT to reflect that.

https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/settings/#alternative-rules

Hi!  This is a key mod for me, I've been a longtime user, RemoteTech is awesome and really enhances the game.  I've run into a couple of issues recently with the current build - one is a minor usability issue, the other... well, either I don't understand how the new configuration file system works, or it's not behaving as expected.

Usability: First off, I love the GUI for configuring RemoteTech - great job, well done.  There's one minor issue, though - when adjusting the Range Multiplier, dragging the slider left or right should change it in increments.  If I drag left from "1", usually it's because I set the Range Model to Root and I want the Multiplier to be 0.5 - instead I get 0.514010239 or something similar.  Rather than a pure positional slider, it's a better user experience if it could have increments - perhaps 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.33, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 20 or something like that.  Or common increments and an option to hand enter a value using the keyboard.

The other issue: In the GUI, on the Presets tab, there is a "Reload" button - which implies that if the config is overridden, you can restore the default settings.  How is the configuration load on RemoteTech instantiation supposed to work?  It looks like what's happening is on load the save game RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file is being overwritten by the Default_Settings.cfg file, but that shouldn't happen unless "Reload" has been pushed in the UI, should it?  Or am I misunderstanding how that feature is supposed to work?  I want to use a specific list of Tracking Stations in this save, but it keeps being overwritten each time I load the save by the list of Tracking Stations in the default configuration file.  How can/should I resolve that? Thanks for any help you can give!

Thanks!  The mod is brilliant, and I'm very thankful that as project members have dropped off, others have stepped up to maintain and enhance the mod - keep up the great work!