[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

4 hours ago, Tailhook said:

How does one add a Signal Processor to a probe core?  I'm using RLA Stockalike and it features some modified stock probe cores but they don't have Signal Processing capabilities.

Actually those aren't modified stock cores, those are unique to RLA, they just look really close to stock. Isn't there a remote tech patch included? I've customized my RLA probes, so I forget what was included. The link below goes to the relevant section on the remote tech wiki (which is quite good). RemoteTech comes bundled with a number of patches you can use as an example.

Wiki page Check the link for the module info.

9 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Actually those aren't modified stock cores, those are unique to RLA, they just look really close to stock. Isn't there a remote tech patch included? I've customized my RLA probes, so I forget what was included. The link below goes to the relevant section on the remote tech wiki (which is quite good). RemoteTech comes bundled with a number of patches you can use as an example.

Wiki page Check the link for the module info.

Right, I meant they are unique to RLA but like the mod says, stockalike (just better, except lacking a Signal Processor).  They do not have a remotetech patch as far as I can see, and don't have any signal processing abilities.  Thanks for the link.  What exactly do I need to add to the part .cfg file to make it work as a signal processor?  It looks like "ModuleSPU" but I'm not sure on the syntax needed, exactly.  I'm pretty clueless in terms of coding beyond "copy this into your file and you're good".  I have notepad++

Edited by Tailhook

So I've got an odd problem with the latest Dev version. I can't get two satellites to connect to each other if they aren't in the same sphere of influence. I didn't notice this until I sent a probe out towards Duna with a KR-14. As soon as I left Kerbin's sphere of influence, I got 'no connection'. At first I thought I might've just forgotten to put up some comsats with KR-14's of their own in Kerbin's orbit, but no, I had several. When I checked the map view, I could clearly see the cones extending all the way out to my probe, and the probe's cone extending all the way to Kerbin, and yet it wouldn't create a connection.

I should note that my Comsats were built and launched in 1.1.2 using RemoteTech 1.7.0, while my Dunar Probe was launched in 1.1.3 using the latest dev build of RemoteTech. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, is this happening to anyone else?

Edited by JohnWittle

6 hours ago, Tailhook said:

Right, I meant they are unique to RLA but like the mod says, stockalike (just better, except lacking a Signal Processor).  They do not have a remotetech patch as far as I can see, and don't have any signal processing abilities.  Thanks for the link.  What exactly do I need to add to the part .cfg file to make it work as a signal processor?  It looks like "ModuleSPU" but I'm not sure on the syntax needed, exactly.  I'm pretty clueless in terms of coding beyond "copy this into your file and you're good".  I have notepad++

I decided to write the patch for you which you can find here. It follows the stock model of adding an SPU to all RLA probes, and unlocked at UnmannedTech, a small omni antenna (3000m ranged), same as stock probes get.

Special note: Place the patch inside your RemoteTech folder with the other patches (just remember it's there when you update RT). If you'd like to keep it else where, change the :FOR[RemoteTech] to a :NEEDS[RemoteTech] or "bad things" might happen.

In case I clean out my dropbox and delete the patch, below is the contents of the patch, in full.

Cheers.:)

@tomek.piotrowski sent a PR.

Spoiler

//IKOTET & IKOTET-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_24sides_gold|RLA_small_probe_24sides]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
  {
		%TechRequired = unmannedTech
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}
}

//TET & TET-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_4sides_gold|RLA_small_probe_4sides]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//HECS-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_6sides_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//OKTO-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_8sides_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//QBE-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_QBE_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

Edited by Deimos Rast

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong....

Okay, I built a Satellite and rocket to launch it. Used a Probodbodyne OKTO as the core. 

I go to launch and can't. Hit the stage button, nothing happens. When I use the flight controls the flaps and stuff move. Just can't stage? (All manned ships work fine...) I do have a connection.

Also using mechjeb2 

Also running in sandbox mod

Versions

• KSP 1.1.3
  • RemoteTech 1.7.0
  • All other mods built for 1.1.3 and seem to work fine.

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I decided to write the patch for you which you can find here. It follows the stock model of adding an SPU to all RLA probes, and unlocked at UnmannedTech, a small omni antenna (3000m ranged), same as stock probes get.

Special note: Place the patch inside your RemoteTech folder with the other patches (just remember it's there when you update RT). If you'd like to keep it else where, change the :FOR[RemoteTech] to a :NEEDS[RemoteTech] or "bad things" might happen.

In case I clean out my dropbox and delete the patch, below is the contents of the patch, in full.

Cheers.:)

@tomek.piotrowski sent a PR.

Reveal hidden contents

//IKOTET & IKOTET-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_24sides_gold|RLA_small_probe_24sides]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//TET & TET-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_4sides_gold|RLA_small_probe_4sides]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//HECS-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_6sides_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//OKTO-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_8sides_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

//QBE-Gold
@PART[RLA_small_probe_QBE_gold]:FOR[RemoteTech]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

{
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
    {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}
}

Thank you!

2 hours ago, krj7709 said:

Okay, I built a Satellite and rocket to launch it. Used a Probodbodyne OKTO as the core. 

I go to launch and can't. Hit the stage button, nothing happens. When I use the flight controls the flaps and stuff move. Just can't stage? (All manned ships work fine...) I do have a connection.

Also using mechjeb2 

Versions

• KSP 1.1.3
  • RemoteTech 1.7.0

Have you installed the developers release for RemoteTech?  Should be a link on page 9 in this forum.

15 hours ago, krj7709 said:

Also using mechjeb2 

Versions

• KSP 1.1.3
  • RemoteTech 1.7.0

I have exactly the same issue. And I have the latest developers release (build 554). Another mate of our forum has this issue too. The same thing happens when i start a Rover on the Runway. I can do experiments but can't move the rover. This issue is sporadically. Sometimes after reload KSP I can move Rovers or can stage launchers.

On 12.6.2016 at 1:17 AM, JohnWittle said:

I am getting a very strange problem where occasionally my transmitted science won't actually add a report and I won't receive any science, even though the actual transfer "Complete!"s (although I do not get the message stating "Report on x received. N science added".)

I am using RemoteTech as part of KSPI and using PartCommander to run the context menus and actually execute the experiments. I remember, long ago, there used to be a problem with using RemoteTech with Science Alert; I figured perhaps there's a similar issue with PartCommander, where RT actually checks if you truly did click the button to run the experiment yourself, or something? I'm also using [x] Science! to keep track of my experiments. I know it *looks* as though the problem isn't that I'm not receiving the data, just that [x] Science! isn't *displaying* the data, but I double-checked that by going back to the research building and manually looking to see if the report was there.

I haven't figured out why it only happens *sometimes* and not others, but the only reason I think it might have something to do with RemoteTech is that every once in a while I get a series of messages from RT claiming that had to reset an experiment to incomplete. Not sure, but I figured it'd be worth posting logs in here and seeing what you guys thought.

Here is an example of a *successful* science transmission:

Reveal hidden contents

setting new dominant body: Minmus
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

[6/11/2016 6:44:49 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0230145ms

[6/11/2016 6:44:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0180160ms

[6/11/2016 6:44:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - RefreshExperimentCache Done - 00:00:00.2541942ms

Unpacking Lander II shorter

[6/11/2016 6:45:00 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0200138ms

[Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...

[Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1

[6/11/2016 6:45:30 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.1910262ms

[6/11/2016 6:45:30 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0180174ms

Sending data to vessel comms. 1 devices to choose from. Will try to pick the best one

[Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 0...

[Experiments]: FX Modules set: 0

[6/11/2016 6:45:31 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.2056581ms

[6/11/2016 6:45:31 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0235165ms

RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3200684

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 29 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 28 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 27 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 26 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 25 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 24 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 23 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 22 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 21 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 20 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 19 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 18 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 17 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 16 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 15 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 14 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 13 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 12 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 11 - Files to Go: 0

[6/11/2016 6:45:41 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.7948611ms

[6/11/2016 6:45:42 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0300213ms

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 10 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 9 - Files to Go: 0

Sending data to vessel comms. 1 devices to choose from. Will try to pick the best one

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 8 - Files to Go: 1

[6/11/2016 6:45:43 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.2106654ms

[6/11/2016 6:45:43 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0235165ms

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 7 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 6 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 1

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 1

[Research & Development]: +60 data on Gravity Scan while in space high over Minmus's Lowlands. 45 Science added. Subject value is 0.18

[6/11/2016 6:45:48 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.1974951ms

[6/11/2016 6:45:48 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0235164ms

RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3199463

And here is an *unsuccessful* science transmission, attempted multiple times back-to-back without success:

Reveal hidden contents

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 31 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 30 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 29 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 28 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 27 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 26 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 25 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 24 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 23 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 22 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 21 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 20 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 19 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 18 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 17 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 16 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 15 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 14 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 13 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 12 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 11 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 10 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 9 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 8 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 7 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 6 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0

[6/11/2016 6:46:17 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.2081577ms

[6/11/2016 6:46:17 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0210186ms

Packing Lander II shorter for orbit

[6/11/2016 6:46:21 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.1910962ms

[6/11/2016 6:46:21 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0175127ms

RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3199463

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 31 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 30 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 29 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 28 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 27 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 26 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 25 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 24 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 23 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 22 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 21 - Files to Go: 0

[6/11/2016 6:46:28 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0175141ms

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 20 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 19 - Files to Go: 0

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Vertex Colors/Alpha' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Vertex Colors/Alpha' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Vertex Colors/Alpha' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 18 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 17 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 16 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 15 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 14 - Files to Go: 0

[6/11/2016 6:46:32 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0290211ms

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 13 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 12 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 11 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 10 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 9 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 8 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 7 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 6 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 0

[6/11/2016 6:46:38 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.2399543ms

[6/11/2016 6:46:38 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0164196ms

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 0

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Analyse Magnetosphere while in space high over Minmus) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0

Unpacking Lander II shorter

[6/11/2016 6:46:44 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateExperiments Done - 00:00:00.1991621ms

[6/11/2016 6:46:44 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ExperimentFilter) - UpdateFilter Done - 00:00:00.0315273ms

As you can see, there is never any "Report on x received, N science added" message.

Needless to say this bug is really ruining my game experience! At first I thought it had something to do with certain science parts and not others, except then I finally got the gravity scanner to work after about 30 tries... Then the magnetosphere scanner worked on the fifth try, then I spent about ten minutes straight trying to transmit home a crew report and finally quit in frustration.

Anyone have any ideas, or perhaps proof that this isn't remotetech? I only came here first since RemoteTech handles the actual transmission itself, and the "report received" message gets generated by it, which makes it the most likely suspect I think

anyone can give me an update on this? has it been adreesed/noted?

hmm, I am using the latest ksp(64) build and a clean manual install of RT(latest build) however i dont seem to be getting any missions, im over a qtr way through the tech tree now (unmanned before manned).

does anyone know what i can do to find out why?

under Contract Configurator i dont see a custom header for RT either... isn't there usually?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by C04L
typo

6 hours ago, C04L said:

under Contract Configurator i dont see a custom header for RT either... isn't there usually?

I'm just guessing, but it's likely that Contract Configurator isn't yet updated for whatever API change the RT dev builds made since the 1.7.0 release. Same thing happened with the dev builds before 1.7.0.

I have a request for a feature; some way to transmit science data to a command station. The wiki says " Transmitting science back to KSC now requires you have a working connection to KSC. [...] A working connection to a command station does not count," so I am assuming there isn't a way to send it to command stations right now since nothing else about data transmission is mentioned anywhere else on the wiki.

An example of where this would be useful: I am planning a manned mission to the Jool system with probes to get science. The probes would be controlled by the manned ship, since it will have enough crew to act as a command station, but my communications network isn't the best. If the command station doesn't have a direct link to KSC during the probe descents, then I would loose the science. It would be great to be able to send it to the command station so they could forward it to KSC when they regain a connection later in the mission.

Edited by Micro753
typo

21 hours ago, C04L said:

hmm, I am using the latest ksp(64) build and a clean manual install of RT(latest build) however i dont seem to be getting any missions, im over a qtr way through the tech tree now (unmanned before manned).

does anyone know what i can do to find out why?

I'm pretty sure RemoteTech doesn't add contracts. HOWEVER, I am pretty sure the following mod does:

50 minutes ago, Draconomial said:

Cannot play career mode without RT

Me neither.  For me I can't make myself do a career mode without realism mods with clouds, remote tech,  KW rocketry,  Real Plume and I used to use real fuels until they added limited ignitions to some of the engines.  

Also is anyone else getting an issue with Remote techs Flight computer in 1.1.3?  Whenever I take a Vehicle out to the launch pad and I press Spacebar to stage or T for SAS it goes into the flight computer and even though I don't have a delay it just runs infinitely on the delay.  

2 hours ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Me neither.  For me I can't make myself do a career mode without realism mods with clouds, remote tech,  KW rocketry,  Real Plume and I used to use real fuels until they added limited ignitions to some of the engines.  

Also is anyone else getting an issue with Remote techs Flight computer in 1.1.3?  Whenever I take a Vehicle out to the launch pad and I press Spacebar to stage or T for SAS it goes into the flight computer and even though I don't have a delay it just runs infinitely on the delay.  

This sounds quite familiar as I just updated to 1.1.3

1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

This sounds quite familiar as I just updated to 1.1.3

59 minutes ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Ok thanks Just reassuring to know that I am not the only one.

Are you using the latest vev build from githup, build 554? It is updated for 1.1.3 and will probably become the next release version.

I have it downloaded, about to boot up for the first time.  I'll report back.

Edit:  Seems to have fixed the TimeWarp.SetRate method error.  This seems golden in 1.1.3 even with the many, many mods I have installed.

Edited by Cornholio

i concur, i have been playing for a whole day and not found anything to complain about.

on my other note, i thought RT had missions build in . the missions to relay kerbin [3] or [4] sats and the other muns/planets. i dont rem' installing a pack - then again im a sucker to be lazy using ckan