[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

9 hours ago, paul23 said:

Hey I feel I am missing something, but I have a satellite network at geostationairy orbit - with 4 satellites connecting fine and having an extra antenna on "active vesssel". Now I launched a second vessel, however I am unable to connect with it - other than constantly switching to the correct satellite in the GEO orbit, it won't connect automatically to the closest.

Now I don't have an omni directional antenna on this satellite, since I didn't "need" it. - So how would I make this happen with the reflecton KR 7?

You answered it yourself. Even if those commsats automatically point their antenna at you (active vessel), you still need to target them as well. It's much easier to just have those commsats low enough and use omnidirectional antennas.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a contract mod for commsats that's 1.2 compatible yet?

2. How do the new stock antennas work with RT? I have CommNet disabled, but the new stock antennas display entirely different properties sich as packet size and bandwidth, and don't display range. Can they be used with RT and how do they work compared to RT antennas?

Edited by ROXunreal

1 hour ago, ROXunreal said:

I have two questions:

1. Is there a contract mod for commsats that's 1.2 compatible yet?

2. How do the new stock antennas work with RT? I have CommNet disabled, but the new stock antennas display entirely different properties sich as packet size and bandwidth, and don't display range. Can they be used with RT and how do they work compared to RT antennas?

1) Contract Configuration's latest release 1.20.3 now has "Added RemoteTech integration back in." though I haven't tried out it yet. You can give it a go and see if it matches to your request.

2) Sorry, the new stock antennas are left alone in the current RT release (1.8.0) with zero functionality. But cheer up, we have added this new trick for the stock ones in a next minor release (1.8.1 or something). TLDR: The stock antennas will be usable with a next release of RT.

Even, we have a plan that hides the stock antennas (via MM) when RT is enabled and CommNet is disabled. I dunno if the plan will be implemented or not, and need to discuss with RT members first.

Edited by TaxiService

I'm getting an issue with my very first career craft in 1.2; despite CommNet being disabled from the get go, my initial craft, which does lack an external antenna (but it has the RT integrated antenna in the probe core of course) cannot transmit science. Is this WAD? I'm not using any mods which might interfere with science transmission, except perhaps DMagic's Science Relay mod?

2 hours ago, gerishnakov said:

I'm getting an issue with my very first career craft in 1.2; despite CommNet being disabled from the get go, my initial craft, which does lack an external antenna (but it has the RT integrated antenna in the probe core of course) cannot transmit science. Is this WAD? I'm not using any mods which might interfere with science transmission, except perhaps DMagic's Science Relay mod?

I don't recall RT adding built-in antennas to any command parts (that's what the Reflectron DP-10 is for); I could be misremembering though.

[edit]
Ah, here we are:

After the player develops Unmanned Tech, all supported probe cores will receive a free, always-on, 3 km omnidirectional antenna.

Source: https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/parts/

So the question becomes, have you unlocked that tech node in R&D yet?

Edited by SilverlightPony

@gerishnakov 

You need to have unlocked at least the "Unmanned Tech" node to get the free 3km bonus for probe cores as written in the doc.

After the player develops Unmanned Tech, all supported probe cores will receive a free, always-on, 3 km omnidirectional antenna.

If anyone stumble on this issue: launch your vessel with a DP-10 antenna; you then have a 500 kms Omni antenna that doesn't break in atmosphere (must be line of sight to KSC Mission Control, and below 150 km altitude, but by the time you reach that altitude you should have already switched to a more capable antenna like the Communotron 16).

I think the issue is with SETI Rebalance, which adds a 160km internal antenna to anything with a moduleCommand. However this doesn't seem to be working, at least in my game. I'll go ask over in that thread for guidance.

Edited by gerishnakov

31 minutes ago, gerishnakov said:

I think the issue is with SETI Rebalance, which adds a 160km internal antenna to anything with a moduleCommand. However this doesn't seem to be working, at least in my game. I'll go ask over in that thread for guidance.

Do you have the SETIprobeControlEnabler mod installed? If I remember correctly, there were some RemoteTech limitations which forced me to remove the integrated omni antennas from probe cores, when that is installed. Can you right click on a probe core in vab/research and check whether the probe core lists a 160km omni antenna? If I remember correctly, cockpits and such were not affected, so they retained their integrated omnis with probeControlEnabler installed.

18 hours ago, Yemo said:

RemoteTech limitations which forced me to remove the integrated omni antennas from probe cores

@Yemo We'd be glad to work with you to fix any problem RT may have with SETI. If you think there's a problem on our side, please let us know.

18 hours ago, Yemo said:

Do you have the SETIprobeControlEnabler mod installed? If I remember correctly, there were some RemoteTech limitations which forced me to remove the integrated omni antennas from probe cores, when that is installed. Can you right click on a probe core in vab/research and check whether the probe core lists a 160km omni antenna? If I remember correctly, cockpits and such were not affected, so they retained their integrated omnis with probeControlEnabler installed.

I do not currently have the SETIprobeControlEnabler mod installed. I will nonetheless double check in the VAB whether the 160k antenna is listed.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:34 AM, DavidHunter said:

Howdy.

I'm still running KSP v1.1.3 and RT v1.7.1.

Not all the time, but perhaps a quarter of the time, the RT FC over-does any burns, e.g. if it's a 150m/s burn, it'll do the burn, slowly throttle down like normal when it is getting close to finishing the burn, but then it randomly goes full throttle, the FC becomes unresponsive, and the engines keep firing until the rocket is out of fuel.

This happens with stock parts and with spacecraft with parts from various mods (I haven't found a pattern over the last few months...).

I don't have any logs at the moment because I accidentally re-opened KSP without thinking (facepalm).

Is this a known issue? If so, has it been fixed in RT v1.8? If so, then I won't bother trying to replicate the error... I can't see any mention of it in the change log but just wanted to ask before I bother trying to get a log file for you...

Thanks in advance. :)

Ever since I mentioned it, the error hasn't happened. *facepalm*
Feel free to assume this issue has resolved itself, unless I bring it up in future...

Is there a bug with Remote tech regarding Sat contracts ? 
No matter how many antennas/solar panels/batteries and probe cores I put on , I still don't have the first part of the contract fulfilled " Build a new unmanned probe that has an antenna and can generate power"

Using ksp 1.2 x64 , using RT v1.8.0 with SETI config  v1.0.9.0 

Edited by ii_DyNaMiCs_ii

On 11/1/2016 at 6:38 PM, ii_DyNaMiCs_ii said:

Is there a bug with Remote tech regarding Sat contracts ? 
No matter how many antennas/solar panels/batteries and probe cores I put on , I still don't have the first part of the contract fulfilled " Build a new unmanned probe that has an antenna and can generate power"

Using ksp 1.2 x64 , using RT v1.8.0 with SETI config  v1.0.9.0 

I second this, it's a big problem. Not sure if the game requires one to have a stock antenna with a CommNet link in order for this contract point to be fulfilled.

On 30/10/2016 at 11:22 PM, Yemo said:

On 31/10/2016 at 5:32 PM, gerishnakov said:

I do not currently have the SETIprobeControlEnabler mod installed. I will nonetheless double check in the VAB whether the 160k antenna is listed.

Further to that brief discussion, @Yemo, I can confirm that the 160km antenna is listed in the VAB, but still when I go to transmit science, even from the launchpad, I'm given an error message stating that I have no antenna. I'm happy to move this particular discussion over to the SETI thread, or a private message conversation, by the way.

Edited by gerishnakov

12 hours ago, ii_DyNaMiCs_ii said:

@neitsa Also has the new update broken RT ? lol 
I tried launching a new craft with one of those 500km small antennas aswell as a 90Mm dish active (Set to target Kerbin)  .
And I got an instant "No Connection " when I release from the launch clamps

Are you using the stock 500km antenna? RT 1.8.0 is not using any of the stock antennas (the next release RT 1.8.1 will use those stock ones), and use the RT 500km antenna (looks like thinner longer wires with no white strips). Also, the 90Mm dish can't make connection at the launch pad (aimed downwards the center of Kerbin). The dish only works when it is sufficient far away (in space) and KCS is within its cone. Read up the RT wiki to understand more.

Also, the launch clamps have internal connectors to your rocket.

Edited by TaxiService

6 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Are you using the stock 500km antenna? RT 1.8.0 is not using any of the stock antennas (the next release RT 1.8.1 will use those stock ones), and use the RT 500km antenna (looks like thinner longer wires with no white strips). Also, the 90Mm dish can't make connection at the launch pad (aimed downwards the center of Kerbin). The dish only works when it is sufficient far away (in space) and KCS is within its cone. Read up the RT wiki to understand more.

Also, the launch clamps have internal connectors to your rocket.

Oh wow , I was using the stupid stock 500km antenna lol.
Thanks 

I'm playing a "new" RO/RSS/RP-0 game using KSP 1.1.3 and all of the required/recommended mods as well as a number of parts mods (such as FASA).  All my mods are the "latest" 1.1.3 versions (so none are built for 1.2).  That includes RemoteTech 1.7.1.  I'm having trouble succeeding in a number of RP-0 contracts.  The problem happens on contracts where I have to "return/transmit" data.  I'll gather the required science, then transmit it.  The game goes through the process of sending the data but once it reaches 100%, it basically just says done and removes the science from my ship.  But I get no credit for transmitting the science (available research points doesn't change) and the contract returns to a state requesting me to gather the science again.  This doesn't happen on all science contracts (First Spacewalk is an example where the bug happens), but on those where it does happen, the only option I have is to exit out of the game, remove my RemoteTech folder, then go back in the game, regather the science and transmit.  At which point the contract will progress properly.  I can then exit the game again, put RemoteTech back and start the game up again without issue, but that's a long process (takes about 5 minutes for KSP to start up because of all the mods).  Simply turning RemoteTech off doesn't allow the contract to complete.  I literally have to start KSP without RemoteTech installed.

I know we're up to 1.8.0 (or 1.8.1?) but I understand that isn't backward compatible with KSP 1.1.3 so I'm hoping something might have a fix for this problem.

@chrisl : It is very hard to do something with just the information that you provided (although your bug report is quite detailed). A complete bug report (logs, persistent save, etc.) would help, otherwise I'm afraid we can't do anything... This is probably related to issue #667 (which seems to be related to R0 or RP-0), but we don't have a complete bug report for it, so if you could do one, that would really help us to chase this bug down.

Thanks a lot :)

Note: feel free to post a new issue on our github (or maybe here, although keeping track of things on the forum is a nightmare) and not necessarily on issue #667.

Edited by neitsa

so, hi, i been playing the remote tech since ever, now i want to change to 1.2.1 and try to still play my old save, so few question (i hope they can be aswered whit yes and no) 1- All the remote tech antenas still there? 2-My craft in the save will have the increased range due the new mechanic of signals in 1.2.1?; 3- i have see in the Default Settings .cfg that this disable the commnet, how much it disable it?. i will realy apresiate the aswers , have a good flight :) 

PS: Sorry if this question have been already asked, but i didn't read all the pages.

Edited by crixtl