[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Ive just got a quick question: if I want to modify the range values for some of the dishes, where or how do I go about that?

In /GameData/RemoteTech subfolder find the config file for the antenna pack you wish (" RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg" for RemoteTech ones, "RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg" for the stock ones, and so on). Find the antenna you wish to edit (by the name of the part, not the title that shows in the editor) and change the line "%Mode1OmniRange = ..." or "%Mode1DishRange = ...".

58 minutes ago, WildLynx said:

RT 1.8.3 is for KSP 1.2.X or 1.2.2 ? Happy Kerbal announces 1.2, but I want to be sure.

It was released for (and tested on) KSP 1.2.2 (although it should work on the whole KSP 1.2.x branch (from KSP 1.2.0 to KSP 1.2.2) but we haven't tested it on previous KSP versions)

3 hours ago, wqt0806 said:

upgraded my mods to 1.2.2 and had a problem. With RT installed, I can control probes when no connection.

can anyone tell me what is the cause

list of mods?

or screenshot of gamedata folder

and the KSP.log file

Edited by Yemo

3 hours ago, SpaceastronautX said:

Now for this version 1.2 is nothing necessary because KSP 1.2 has that of Comnet.

Gee, what a new and unique insight that has in no way been considered.

...I'm sorry, I appear to have left my sarcasm neurons engaged.  Let me try again.

Apart from other things Commnet provides neither signal delay nor the flight computer, both of which are major draws for RT players.

5 hours ago, SpaceastronautX said:

Now for this version 1.2 is nothing necessary because KSP 1.2 has that of Comnet.

Nice worthless, reactionary troll post (which is against forum rules, IIRC)... It seems to have worked, since youve gotten at least two answers :P

2 hours ago, Darael said:

Apart from other things Commnet provides neither signal delay nor the flight computer, both of which are major draws for RT players.

Also, more antennas, for aesthetics...

And yes, the introduction of CommNet may have lessened the need for RemoteTech, for KSP 1.2.x, however, the RT devs are working on possibly adding MUCH more stuff to the next version, that will set RT apart from CommNet even more.

10 hours ago, wqt0806 said:

Thank you for reply. I have difficulty on using imgur, so I uploaded mod list and .log to Onedrive

Mod list:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnM5Sk9GDwqMknCWeNyiqYGhh1gI

log file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnM5Sk9GDwqMknFzlMmwYFoiMuCU

Thanks. Going over your logs, I notice this RemoteTech setting:

ControlAntennaWithoutConnection = True

Can you check your settings in RT Option window in KSC scene (It is in the "cheat" tab)? This setting allows you to control probes in absence of connections. Oops, it only controls probes' antennas not whole vessels. See Yemo's response below

Edited by TaxiService

5 hours ago, wqt0806 said:

Thank you for reply. I have difficulty on using imgur, so I uploaded mod list and .log to Onedrive

Mod list:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnM5Sk9GDwqMknCWeNyiqYGhh1gI

log file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnM5Sk9GDwqMknFzlMmwYFoiMuCU

You have SETIprobeControlEnabler installed. The only purpose of that mini mod is to enable probe control regardless of remote tech connection, so that you only need a connection to transmit science.

Edited by Yemo

In case anyone is interested, I have an updated RemoteTech ground station config that matches the exact locations (and names!) of all the CommNet ground station locations in vanilla. I'm not sure the best way to share this but I have it on my drive account here if you're interested:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ueM3XtKbZ7azNLVjQteXQzV3c

Cheers!

On 12/16/2016 at 7:38 AM, Brainpop14 said:

I meant can the antennas in this mod be modified to work with the new stock signals?

No, the current RT 1.8.x is incompatible with CommNet's signal so it stays isolated. Our current development of integrating RT into CommNet is going on.

14 minutes ago, crapstar said:

That is great...is there anywhere we can keep up with the progress? Thanks 

The proposal of RT 2.x is here. We regularly update it when a system requirement becomes more concrete over time.

Here're the module-typle repos within RT's Github. You can see RemoteTech is the RT 1.8.x branch while the other four repos are belonged to our going-on development (repos for the remaining modules are not started yet). We are letting the veteran member setting up the infrastructure/scaffolding first before the less experienced members go and fill up.

Edited by TaxiService

3 hours ago, TaxiService said:

We have an open issue on this matter but the short words are: we don't have the permission to modify the existing art assets (antennas), only the distribution permission.

Modifying art assets are not needed - all the antenna aiming should be done by IR and structural parts that player uses normal way - mod, that I propose is pure module, it just need to be added to non-omni antenna configs via MM patch. Sadly, I'm completely ignorant in C-Dull, mono, Unity, KSP API ...

Spoiler

I was half-seriously considering using mod, that exposes KSP innards using RPM server, and making native-code module that does the aiming using RPM calls, but two things got in the way: first - I lost links to that mod (again!), second - health problems.