[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

21 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

It's a stock dish bad thing when looking for stuff the name of the cfg is RA-5.cfg but the -----> title = #autoLOC_500944 //#autoLOC_500944 = RA-2 Relay Antenna   <------------  and the name of the part is ---> RelayAntenna5      <--  so guess they just cut it down to RA-5

It can get crazy looking for things :confused:

As I mentioned tho, the antenna I am talking about is not called RA-5 it is HG-5B... hence my subtle confusion with what you are pointing out.

13 minutes ago, zeineizoku said:

As I mentioned tho, the antenna I am talking about is not called RA-5 it is HG-5B... hence my subtle confusion with what you are pointing out.

Look in this folder ksp/gamedata/squad/parts/utility/relayantennas   and it show be the top cfg the first one look at it and see what the name is ?  I write a copy part cfg for what I see but that might not help you I will need to know that name

EDIT- Or take a stab in the dark and try if you know how to make a cfg if not can upload one for you

+PART[RelayAntenna5]
{
   %name = RelayAntenna5RT
   %title = #autoLOC_500944 //#autoLOC_500944 = 5RT Relay Antenna

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 200000000
		%EnergyCost = 1.15
		%DishAngle = 12.5

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Edited by Mecripp2

19 minutes ago, zeineizoku said:

any mod or even you could make a cfg that changes the title  name very easy to do

EDIT- and what mod do you know is that antenna just to the right of the one your looking for ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Okay @MeCripp I tried to lay out these images to help clarify what I am seeing. <Also I feel bad about blowing up the Remote Tech Forum when I am sure it is not RT doing it> So the images below proceed to the first Spoiler.

Spoiler

In this image I have ripped some of the Screens in my Photoshop, I did it to show what I was talking about with the 'Mouse Over Context' It specifically is calling this version a "HG-5B High Gain Antenna"(Please note the 'B' at the end of the Part Name).  On the Girder image, there is the Antenna as mentioned and then the HG-5 High Gain Antenna. Which in the description is says, verbatim "A short range dual purpose communications antenna that can handle either direct communications or short range relays. This version lacks the folding handle."

Spoiler

This image is of the R&D Tech Tree, which you can see this is the 'HG-5B' which is located in the 'Basic Science' tech node.

Spoiler

This is of the 'RA-2' Relay Antenna, the one mentioned, and as you can see it is of the 'Precision Engineering' Tech Node, of which is locked, it also shows the antennas stats that the 'HG-5B' lacks.

I am not trying to seem argumentative or diminutive I am just attempting to clarify. I do understand that the Model that the game is pathing too is the RA-2 Relay Antenna. However, I am currently unable to locate what mod would be pulling this Path for this Part. My primary want at this point is just to locate out of the 120+ mods I have, which one is adding this part. The issue is, the mod name is saying 'SQUAD' which is obviously a lie? when I search into the SQUAD folder I cannot find it and I do not see it within the RemoteTech Folder either.

Could you rename the model file (or whatever is referenced) and then look which mods throw a file not found error? Might work.

Also of note is that it looks like the B version is half the size of the regular one. Maybe a mod that provides smaller parts?

9 minutes ago, zeineizoku said:

Okay @MeCripp I tried to lay out these images to help clarify what I am seeing. <Also I feel bad about blowing up the Remote Tech Forum when I am sure it is not RT doing it> So the images below proceed to the first Spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

In this image I have ripped some of the Screens in my Photoshop, I did it to show what I was talking about with the 'Mouse Over Context' It specifically is calling this version a "HG-5B High Gain Antenna"(Please note the 'B' at the end of the Part Name).  On the Girder image, there is the Antenna as mentioned and then the HG-5 High Gain Antenna. Which in the description is says, verbatim "A short range dual purpose communications antenna that can handle either direct communications or short range relays. This version lacks the folding handle."

Reveal hidden contents

This image is of the R&D Tech Tree, which you can see this is the 'HG-5B' which is located in the 'Basic Science' tech node.

Reveal hidden contents

This is of the 'RA-2' Relay Antenna, the one mentioned, and as you can see it is of the 'Precision Engineering' Tech Node, of which is locked, it also shows the antennas stats that the 'HG-5B' lacks.

I am not trying to seem argumentative or diminutive I am just attempting to clarify. I do understand that the Model that the game is pathing too is the RA-2 Relay Antenna. However, I am currently unable to locate what mod would be pulling this Path for this Part. My primary want at this point is just to locate out of the 120+ mods I have, which one is adding this part. The issue is, the mod name is saying 'SQUAD' which is obviously a lie? when I search into the SQUAD folder I cannot find it and I do not see it within the RemoteTech Folder either.

If you don't know what mods is adding it or cfg you could hunt for it in your log file

8 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Could you rename the model file (or whatever is referenced) and then look which mods throw a file not found error? Might work.

So to do that, would I just use the RA-5 Relay cfg to find the model it pulls and see if it will throw the error?

8 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Also of note is that it looks like the B version is half the size of the regular one. Maybe a mod that provides smaller parts?

Maybe? I am not positive I can load up a Sandbox and check. I will try to see if things add Stock Alike Antennas.

Thanks for the incite @strudo76 and thanks for your time as well @MeCripp

EDIT: 

If you don't know what mods is adding it or cfg you could hunt for it in your log file

hmmmm. I did not think of that... let me see if I can search the log and see if I can pull the HG-5B

Edited by zeineizoku
adding a quote

I'd start here

ExtendedAntennaProgression

Has this in description, which matches the half size model.

As a bonus, I've included a half-scale version of the RA-2 antenna that has the stats of the HG-5. This alternate handle-free form factor for the HG-5 fits better on compact probe assemblies as small as 0.3125m. Also included for launching miniature relays is a 0.625m fairing; I recommend RLA Stockalike for 0.625m launch vehicles.

3 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

I'd start here

ExtendedAntennaProgression

Has this in description, which matches the half size model.

.... If I find it in there I could kiss you hahaha

EDIT: I hope you have kissed a man before... because things are about to get happy and awkward in here hahaha 

<Yes I found it>

Edited by zeineizoku

3 minutes ago, zeineizoku said:

.... If I find it in there I could kiss you hahaha

EDIT: I hope you have kissed a man before... because things are about to get happy and awkward in here hahaha 

<Yes I found it>

Lol, I'll take a rain check. Glad you found it though.

1 minute ago, strudo76 said:

Lol, I'll take a rain check. Glad you found it though.

HAHAHA yes thanks very much Mate <3

Now to kindly pull @MeCripp back into this for some help with the .cfg for it

ahem,

here is said "HG-5B" or as it is called... RelayAntennaMicro...

Spoiler

//Add mini fixed relay antenna
+PART[RelayAntenna5]{
  @name = RelayAntennaMicro
  @rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @TechRequired = basicScience
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @title = HG-5B High Gain Antenna
  @description = A short range dual purpose communications antenna that can handle either direct communications or short range relays. This version lacks the folding handle.
  @mass = 0.07
  @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{
    @packetSize = 2
    @packetResourceCost = 18.0
    @antennaPower = 5000000
  }
}

Care to lend a hand with what you said about messing with .cfg?

Spoiler
1 hour ago, MeCripp said:

EDIT- Or take a stab in the dark and try if you know how to make a cfg if not can upload one for you

+PART[RelayAntenna5]
{
   %name = RelayAntenna5RT
   %title = #autoLOC_500944 //#autoLOC_500944 = 5RT Relay Antenna

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%EnergyCost = 1.15
		%DishAngle = 12.5

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

Like you mentioned here. I would basically want to make it a HG-5 High Gain Antenna if you can help with that. :)

You need it in a cfg ? 

+PART[RelayAntenna5]{
  @rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @description = A short range dual purpose communications antenna that can handle either direct communications or short range relays. This version lacks the folding handle.
  @mass = 0.07

@packetSize = 2
    @antennaPower = 5000000

%Mode0DishRange = 0
	%EnergyCost = 1.15
	%DishAngle = 12.5

%TRANSMITTER {
		%PacketInterval = 0.3
		%PacketSize = 2
	}
  }
}

And 

16 minutes ago, zeineizoku said:

Man that was funny :kiss::kiss:  lol 

EDIT- whoops you can just copy that and paste over that over one but you might make a backup of that cfg first lol

Edited by Mecripp2

1 hour ago, MeCripp said:

You need it in a cfg ? 

+PART[RelayAntenna5]{
  @rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @mass = 0.07

@packetSize = 2
    @antennaPower = 5000000

%Mode0DishRange = 0
	%EnergyCost = 1.15
	%DishAngle = 12.5

%TRANSMITTER {
		%PacketInterval = 0.3
		%PacketSize = 2
	}
  }
}

And 

Man that was funny :kiss::kiss:  lol 

So I would assume I just copy that, paste it in and save and bingo bango I am good to go, load game and test? :)

and I am glad that I could give you a good laugh haha.

Both of you do not understand this has been driving me insane. hahaha, I have blundered 2 satellite missions because I am bad and I make my sats of balance because of the 'HG-5' and I felt if I used the 'HG-5B' as a lovely stand in on the top to keep all the stuff centered. I could make a better Sat with what I had available to me. I even sent a sat up with them... and realized after the fact... they didn't work -__- I hate saying that.

+PART[RelayAntenna5]{
  @rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @mass = 0.07

@	MODULE{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		antennaType = RELAY
		packetInterval = 0.35
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 18.0
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		DeployFxModules = 0
		antennaPower = 5000000
		antennaCombinable = True

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]{
			%Mode0DishRange = 0
			%Mode1DishRange = 20000000
			%EnergyCost = 0.55
			%MaxQ = 6000
			%DishAngle = 90

%DeployFxModules = 0
			%ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER{
					%PacketInterval = 0.15
					%PacketSize = 3
					%PacketResourceCost = 20.0
			}
		}
	}
}

@MeCripp does this look correct? I used your example that I quoted and exchanged the 'RA-2' antenna with the 'HG-5' antenna like it says it is supposed to be in the Part Description.

EDIT: didn't work... hmmmm

Edited by zeineizoku
changed the code a little more.

Hello

On my Scansat Mision to duna, I noticed that the Thrust for the Engine (shift & Ctrl keys) reacted with no delay :( the other controls rotate... dont work i controlled the Vessel with the Flight Computer to move Prograde/Retrograde.

All Flight computer Options have the Signal delay (Kerbin -> Duna) the other keys for Rotate/Translate (WASD and IJKL) have no reaction, is it possible to block the Engine throtlle control like the other controls. So that i need to use The flight computer for Burns with Signal Delay.

18 hours ago, zeineizoku said:

So I would assume I just copy that, paste it in and save and bingo bango I am good to go, load game and test? :)

and I am glad that I could give you a good laugh haha.

Both of you do not understand this has been driving me insane. hahaha, I have blundered 2 satellite missions because I am bad and I make my sats of balance because of the 'HG-5' and I felt if I used the 'HG-5B' as a lovely stand in on the top to keep all the stuff centered. I could make a better Sat with what I had available to me. I even sent a sat up with them... and realized after the fact... they didn't work -__- I hate saying that.

+PART[RelayAntenna5]{
  @rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @mass = 0.07

@	MODULE{
		antennaType = RELAY
		packetInterval = 0.35
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 18.0
		DeployFxModules = 0
		antennaPower = 5000000
		antennaCombinable = True

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]{
			%Mode0DishRange = 0
			%Mode1DishRange = 20000000
			%EnergyCost = 0.55
			%MaxQ = 6000
			%DishAngle = 90

%DeployFxModules = 0
			%ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER{
					%PacketInterval = 0.15
					%PacketSize = 3
					%PacketResourceCost = 20.0
			}
		}
	}
}

@MeCripp does this look correct? I used your example that I quoted and exchanged the 'RA-2' antenna with the 'HG-5' antenna like it says it is supposed to be in the Part Description.

EDIT: didn't work... hmmmm

Sorry try this 

+PART[RelayAntenna5]
{

@rescaleFactor = 0.5
  @entryCost = 1500
  @cost = 600
  @mass = 0.07

%MODULE
   {
        name = ModuleRTAntenna
        Mode0DishRange = 0
	Mode1DishRange = 20000000
	EnergyCost = 0.55
	MaxQ = 6000
	DishAngle = 90

DeployFxModules = 0
	ProgressFxModules = 1

TRANSMITTER
     {
	PacketInterval = 0.15
	PacketSize = 3
	PacketResourceCost = 20.0
     }

}
}

• 3 weeks later...

RemoteTech 1.8.8 (Independent-compiled) is available on GitHub

Until the master builder returns from his business work, a manual-compiled RT version 1.8.8 is available to download. This version will be pulled out when an official build is generated and uploaded to both GitHub and SpaceDock.

There are multiple fixes and improvements, mostly to Flight Computer. Enjoy!

nDARQcE.png

RemoteTech 1.8.8 for KSP 1.3 released

This release 1.8.8 is standard maintenance, contained several bug fixes and improvements

What are fixed/changed:

• Improved detection on the end of a ManeuverNode burning
  • Flight Computer can queue and execute a sequence of maneuver nodes at one go
  • Few fixes on RT support cfgs for FASA and Vens Stock Revamp mods
  • Data transmission obeys KSP's time wrap
  • Power consumption multiplier actually works now
  • The signal-delay loophole on stock engine throttling is closed

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Improve the ManeuverNode detection on rising remaining dV
* Enable Flight Computer to queue and execute a sequence of maneuver nodes at one go
* Fix the issue of Flight Computer deleting wrong maneuver executions [Issue #729]
* Add the missing right brace for the FASAMercruyCap2 part in RemoteTech_FAFA_Antennas.cfg [Issue #730]
* Fix the issue of a science data transmission ignoring KSP's time wrap [PR #731]
* Add the RT support for the Communotron 88-88-V of Vens Stock Revamp [PR #732]
* Correct the triggered-flag usage at the end of a data transmission [PR #733]
* Fix the issue of engine throttling ignoring the signal delay [Issue #734]
* Fix the issue of the power consumption multiplier having no effect [Issue #735]
* Fix the issue of Vens Stock Revamp antennas not working [PR #737]
* Update ModuleManager DLL to 2.8.1

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #729: Flight Computer deletes wrong maneuver executions [requested by: Alshain01]
* Issue #730: Missing Right Brace in RemoteTech_FASA_Antennas.cfg [requested by: CaesarVincens]
* Issue #734: Engine Throttle Control has no Delay [requested by: Domi1993]
* Issue #735: Power consumption multiplier setting doesn't change usage [requested by: DrTango]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #731: Better timing for transmitter [PR by: YamoriYuki]
* PR #732: Add RemoteTech config for the Communotron 88-88-V from Vens Stock Revamp [PR by: zmpeg]
* PR #733: Update to use triggered flag on science data [PR by: DMagic1]
* PR #737: Fix Ven's Stock Revamp Antennas [PR by: Fumblesneeze]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this  post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody help me with integrating RT module to the existing animated parts?

I'm trying to put RTAntenna to RaiderNick's soviet probes (i.e. Luna 9/13), which has antenna animation, linking it - so the "Activate" button could activate antenna and the animations trigger at once.

The problem is the probes has another animations too, so I'm stuck with it, beign not familiar enough with the module system.

Luna-13 config:

PART
{
name = luna13_als
module = Part
author = Raidernick

MODEL
    {
      model = RN_Soviet_Probes/luna9-10/luna13_als
          scale = 0.80, 0.80, 0.80
    }

scale = 0.80
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.27, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_ab1 = 0.0, 0.15099, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

TechRequired = generalRocketry
entryCost = 500
cost = 1100
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = Luna 13 ALS
manufacturer = RN Industries
description = Soviet Luna 13 ALS module. Self righting once unfolded! Airbag is now included in this module, do not use the old separate airbag part.
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

mass = 0.073
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.1
minimum_drag = 0.05
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 80
maxTemp = 2000
breakingForce = 2000
breakingTorque = 2000
stackSymmetry = 1
CrewCapacity = 0
breakingForce = 2000000
breakingTorque = 50000000
linearStrength = 22000000
angularStrength = 22000000
vesselType = Probe

MODULE
{
 name = ModuleCommand
 minimumCrew = 0
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        rate = 0.0006
    }
    hasHibernation = True
}
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 0.5
    YawTorque = 0.5
    RollTorque = 0.5

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        rate = 0.001
    }
}
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleSAS
    SASServiceLevel = 2
}

// --- Electric parameters ---
RESOURCE
{
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 250
    maxAmount = 250
}

MODULE
{
name = TankPriorityModule
Priority = 10
}

// --- Science ---
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Data
    storeActionName = Store Experiments    
    collectActionName = Take Data

evaOnlyStorage = False
    storageRange = 2

allowRepeatedSubjects = True
}
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleScienceExperiment    

experimentID = crewReport

experimentActionName = Probe Report
    resetActionName = Discard Probe Report
    reviewActionName = Review Report

useStaging = False    
    useActionGroups = True
    hideUIwhenUnavailable = True    
    rerunnable = True

xmitDataScalar = 1.0
}

// --- Antenna parameters ---
    MODULE
    {
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.18
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 0.1
        antennaPower = 500000
    }

MODULE
{
    name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
    cameraName = Luna 9 ALS Phototelegraph
    cameraForward = 1, 0, 0
    cameraUp = 0, 0, 0
    cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.4, 0.0
    cameraFoVMax = 60
    cameraFoVMin = 20
}

MODULE
{
    name = HullCamera    
    cameraName = Luna 9 ALS Phototelegraph
    cameraForward = 1, 0, 0
    cameraUp = 0, 0, 0
    cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.4, 0.0
    cameraFoVMax = 60
    cameraFoVMin = 20

//This camera uses film resource to get science
    usesfilm = false

specialExperimentName = photo-

specialExperimentTitle = #Anon# Picture

experimentID = hullcampicture

experimentActionName = Snap Picture
    resetActionName = Delete Picture
    collectActionName = Take Photo

useStaging = False
    useActionGroups = True
    xmitDataScalar = 0.8

dataIsCollectable = True
    interactionRange = 1.2

rerunnable = True    
}
RESOURCE
{
    name = Resolution
    amount = 1
    maxAmount = 15
}

MODULE
{
name = BDFSanimateGeneric
animationName = Deploy
startEventGUIName = Open Panels
endEventGUIName = Close Panels
toggleActionName = Toggle Panels
startDeployed = False
layer = 1
playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = False
useActionEditorPopup = True
moduleID = 0
}
MODULE
{
animationName = Deploy1
startEventGUIName = Deploy Antennae
endEventGUIName = Close Antennae
toggleActionName = Toggle Antennae
startDeployed = False
layer = 2
moduleID = 1
}

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleScienceExperiment
    experimentID = surfaceSample

experimentActionName = Analyse Surface Sample
    resetActionName = Discard Surface Sample

useStaging = False
    useActionGroups = True
    resettable = True
    resettableOnEVA = True
    rerunnable = True

xmitDataScalar = 0.5

FxModules = 0 // Play animation

collectActionName = Take Data
    dataIsCollectable = True
    interactionRange = 3
}
MODULE
{
    name=ModuleAsteroidAnalysis
}

MODULE
{
    name=ModuleAnalysisResource
    resourceName = Ore
}
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleResourceScanner
    ScannerType = 0
    ResourceName = Ore
    MaxAbundanceAltitude = 1000
    RequiresUnlock = false
}

MODULE
{
animationName = Inflate
startEventGUIName = Inflate Airbag
endEventGUIName = Deflate Airbag
toggleActionName = Toggle Airbag
startDeployed = False
layer = 3
moduleID = 2
}

MODULE
    {
        name = ReflectiveShaderModule
        CubeMapSize = 16
        FarClipPlane = 500000000
        NearClipPlane = .1
        OneFacePerFrame = true
        ShaderName = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
        realTimeReflection = False   

ParallaxHeight = 0.01
        ReflectionStrength = 0.50
        MeshesToChange = cube01,cube02,cube05,cube06,cube09,cube10,cube13,cube14,cylinder01        Shininess = 1.0
        updateRate = 130
        SpecColorR = 0.8
        SpecColorG = 0.8
        SpecColorB = 0.8
        SpecColorA = 0.8
        rimFalloff = 5.0
        rimColor = 0.8242, 0.6445, 0.1914, 1.0
        ReflectionColor = 0.6242, 0.6445, 0.69, 1.0
   }  

}

The example of RTAntenna module I'm trying to add (replacing the RO one):

@PART[luna13_als]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    %RSSROConfig = True
    @MODEL
    {
        @scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
    }
    @scale = 1
    @rescaleFactor = 1
    @maxTemp = 773.15
    %skinMaxTemp = 873.15
    @mass = 0.092
    !MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel] {}
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{}
    %MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],*
    {
        %allowManualControl = false
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
    {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 75e7
        %EnergyCost = 0.035
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 15
        %DeployFxModules = 0
        %TRANSMITTER
        {
            PacketInterval = 0.1
            PacketSize = 1.0
            PacketResourceCost = 0.01
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSPU
        IsRTCommandStation = False
    }

}

I'm using RSS+RO+RT for 1.2.2

Edited by MaxP

22 hours ago, MaxP said:

Can somebody help me with integrating RT module to the existing animated parts?

I'm trying to put RTAntenna to RaiderNick's soviet probes (i.e. Luna 9/13), which has antenna animation, linking it - so the "Activate" button could activate antenna and the animations trigger at once.

The problem is the probes has another animations too, so I'm stuck with it, beign not familiar enough with the module system.

Luna-13 config:

The example of RTAntenna module I'm trying to add (replacing the RO one):

I'm using RSS+RO+RT for 1.2.2

Here, try this. I see few errors in your cfg. ModuleSPU is for probe cores/command modules and ModuleSPUPassive is for antennas. I remove ,* from the "%MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]" line

Spoiler

@PART[luna13_als]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    %RSSROConfig = True
    @MODEL
    {
        @scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
    }
    @scale = 1
    @rescaleFactor = 1
    @maxTemp = 773.15
    %skinMaxTemp = 873.15
    @mass = 0.092
    !MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel] {}
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{}
    %MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
    {
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
    {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 750000000
        %EnergyCost = 0.035
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 15.0
        %DeployFxModules = 0
        %TRANSMITTER
        {
            PacketInterval = 0.1
            PacketSize = 1.0
            PacketResourceCost = 0.01
        }
    }

}

Edited by TaxiService

22 hours ago, MaxP said:

Thanks for correcting. But the antenna still not linked with probe deploy animation.

Maybe I have to use

module?

Looking at the antenna cfgs of RT, I suggest this to be added, given you mentioned the probe has deployable antenna. I dunno if the available tags are relevant. Can try delete them later to see if they matter

Spoiler

@MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna]
    {
        %name=ModuleAnimateGeneric //or BDFSanimateGeneric?
        %actionAvailable = false
        %eventAvailableFlight = false
        %eventAvailableEditor = false
        %eventAvailableEVA = false
    }

Hey,
love the mod,
is there any way the range of omnidirectional antennae could be displayed (and toggled) as a circle (disregarding LOS coverage ofc) on the map-view?  
Ideally it would be displayed as a sphere ofc, with sections missing where LOS is obstructed.
However, a 2D representation in a 3D space that ("simply") rotates with the viewpoint of the player,
would be a massive improvement.
I believe this is similar to how the cones of influence are displayed with non-omni-directional antennae.
Also, this cone is displayed with 2 lines, but might also benefit from displaying the radius of influence as a curved line between the two end-points?

I dnu, I'm just struggling to set up a perfect coverage network :)

Cheers

On 7/12/2017 at 8:27 AM, TaxiService said:

We have a branch on RT 2.0, which has this constellation/frequency idea in its proposal (eg #187). So it will be eventually included ;-).

I can not wait for this day.  =)  I wish I knew enough to contribute to the effort.  Still learning.  Thank you and the whole team for your work on this.  RT has been a go to mod for me for a very long time and I cant wait to see what you do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, but it causes my controls to lock up randomly. I can't click anything or control the vessel. Switching to the Tracking Station and back fixes it, so it's not because I run out of battery or signal or anything like that.

Edit: I found out that it is not a bug in this mod that is causing it. With more mods installed, the game just gets overwhelmed and sometimes forgets to turn off the input lock after warping.

Edited by Kerbal23

I don't suppose it's possible that in the next version we could get something simmlar to how you can control unmaned space craft with manned craft closer than KSC sometime, even if it requires a pretty heavy module in return it would be beneficial outside of the kerbal system so for example I can land my supply ship to Mars with only a probe controlling it with kerbals in orbit etc, or if you are not playing real scale solar system Duna.

Edited by etheoma

3 hours ago, etheoma said:

I don't suppose it's possible that in the next version we could get something simmlar to how you can control unmaned space craft with manned craft closer than KSC sometime, even if it requires a pretty heavy module in return it would be beneficial outside of the kerbal system so for example I can land my supply ship to Mars with only a probe controlling it with kerbals in orbit etc, or if you are not playing real scale solar system Duna.

I don't think they could implement a big feature like that in the next version, such a mod is quite a lot of work. But I see your point. I think it is on purpose though that you have to have a connection back to mission control. They need a room full of kerbals to control probes. I read somewhere about being able to control other vessels from mobile stations if there's at least six kerbals on board. But I don't remember where I read that, so I don't know whether it's actually an implemented feature or how exactly to do it.

Edited by Kerbal23