[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

15 hours ago, crapstar said:

Yup, it is an odd quirk of Flight Computer, even existing before the rewriting of PID unit. It has to do with the target roll of a kill rotation and Quaternion math, that I hesitate to resolve I don't understand fully. If you check the video you posted, you would observe the vessel's roll coming to a stop at the end after overshooting the target roll twice.

12 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Hello again :) 

Why do I not have a signal as seen in this screenshot?

• I have the Antenna Range Multiplier set to 2 
  • The Multiple Antenna Range Multiplier is set to 1
  • I have 8 Communotron 16's
  • The range of each Communotron is 5Mm, so with 8 antennas My range should be 40Mm.
  • The altitude of the Mun in my game is 34.684Mm
  • My satellite's Ap of the Mun is 2Mm. 
  • I have 100% electrical charge
  • There are 3 Tracking Stations on each 1/3 side of Kerbin (using KerbinSide) and they are working flawlessly
  • There are 3 communication satellites in an equatorial geostationary orbit, each with an omni-directional range of 40Mm (8 Communotron 16s)

Given the facts stated above, my satellite's furthest distance from Kerbin should be no more than 37Mm. I have line of site to both a tracking station and a communication sat around Kerbin. Why still no signal?

Hi, I need few more details about your situation:

1. What is the current range of each tracking station? 75Mm?
  2. Can you provide the map view of Kerbin and Mun (with the omni visual)? Your satellite is 3Mm (6.5%) away from max range 40Mm.

I suspect your network (3 geo sats and 3 tracking stations) around Kerbin is spreading too thin, resulting in coverage gaps.

3 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Yup, it is an odd quirk of Flight Computer, even existing before the rewriting of PID unit. It has to do with the target roll of a kill rotation and Quaternion math, that I hesitate to resolve I don't understand fully. If you check the video you posted, you would observe the vessel's roll coming to a stop at the end after overshooting the target roll twice.

It does stop indeed. Its worse on crafts with solar panels or antennas that extend out. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Agustin said:

In what way is this mod different that stock commnet?

Check out the RT guide

http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/

RT is great because it has a lot of settings that can be adjusted, you have two different range models to play with, and good tools to visualize your comms network in the map view.

One of the big differences is that there is no signal quality, you either have a connection or you don't, if you don't have a connection then you have no control over your probe. However you have a flight computer that allows you to program in commands that will be executed regardless of connection status. 

5 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Hi, I need few more details about your situation:

1. What is the current range of each tracking station? 75Mm?
  2. Can you provide the map view of Kerbin and Mun (with the omni visual)? Your satellite is 3Mm (6.5%) away from max range 40Mm.

I suspect your network (3 geo sats and 3 tracking stations) around Kerbin is spreading too thin, resulting in coverage gaps.

Thanks for the reply, I have figured out the problem and realized that I am a very stupid individual.

Two things: #1, it turns out that the KSC's tracking station has a range of only 30Mm. The other two tracking stations (from KerbinSide have a range of 80Gm so when my Mun sat has LOS to the KerbinSide tracking stations I DO have a connection.

#2, My geo sats have only 4 Communotron 16s :/... My bad. :blush:.... I thought they had eight for some stupid reason. 

My satellites don't trasmit telemetry reports anymore. They used to, but they suddenly stopped such feature. Right clicking on the probodobothing I don't get the telemetry report option.
RT version is 1.8.8 beta, as on top of this page, KSP 1.31

I can't see any conflict with my mods, and I already try to reinstall everything

Mod List

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Toolbar - 1.7.15
USI Tools - 0.10.1
Ablative-Airbrake - 0.3
Animated Decouplers - 1.3.4
Astronomer's Visual Pack - 3.6.2
CactEye Telescopes - 1.3.1.14
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.5
Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.9
CryoTanks - 0.4.8
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.8.1
Progress Parser - 1.0.8
DockingCameraKURS - 1.3.2
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.8.1
Firespitter - 7.6
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.8
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.10.1
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.15
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.9
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.7.6468.41490
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
LoadingScreenManager - 1.2.1
MagiCore - 1.3
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.7
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.3
NearFutureProps - 0.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.5
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.7
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.4
NE-KEES - 0.3.5.16
NE-Kemini - 0.2.5.16
NE-KLS - 0.2.5.16
NE-MPP - 0.2.5.16
NE-Common - 0.2.5.16
NE-OMS - 0.7.5.16
PatchManager - 0.0.11
RCS Sounds - 5.2
RealFuels - 12.4.1
RealFuels Stockalike Configs - 3.2.3
RealPlume - Stock - 1.0
Real Time Clock 2 - 1.5
RemoteTech - 1.8.8
ResearchBodies - 1.9.5
SCANsat - 1.1.8.1
SETI-Contracts - 1.3
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.3.0.2
SolverEngines - 3.4
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.2
StationScienceContinued - 2.3
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.14
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 7.1
TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.1
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22.2
Trajectories - 1.7.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.2
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TweakScale - 2.3.7
USI Exploration Pack - 0.9
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
Unmanned before Manned - Challenge - 1.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.6
VOID - 1.1.6
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.16.1
[x] Science! - 5.11

Edited by Bersagliere81

27 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

My satellites don't trasmit telemetry reports anymore. They used to, but they suddenly stopped such feature. Right clicking on the probodobothing I don't get the telemetry report option.
RT version is 1.8.8 beta, as on top of this page, KSP 1.31

I can't see any conflict with my mods, and I already try to reinstall everything

Mod List

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Toolbar - 1.7.15
USI Tools - 0.10.1
Ablative-Airbrake - 0.3
Animated Decouplers - 1.3.4
Astronomer's Visual Pack - 3.6.2
CactEye Telescopes - 1.3.1.14
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.5
Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.9
CryoTanks - 0.4.8
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.8.1
Progress Parser - 1.0.8
DockingCameraKURS - 1.3.2
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.8.1
Firespitter - 7.6
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.8
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.10.1
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.15
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.9
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.7.6468.41490
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
LoadingScreenManager - 1.2.1
MagiCore - 1.3
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.7
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.3
NearFutureProps - 0.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.5
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.7
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.4
NE-KEES - 0.3.5.16
NE-Kemini - 0.2.5.16
NE-KLS - 0.2.5.16
NE-MPP - 0.2.5.16
NE-Common - 0.2.5.16
NE-OMS - 0.7.5.16
PatchManager - 0.0.11
RCS Sounds - 5.2
RealFuels - 12.4.1
RealFuels Stockalike Configs - 3.2.3
RealPlume - Stock - 1.0
Real Time Clock 2 - 1.5
RemoteTech - 1.8.8
ResearchBodies - 1.9.5
SCANsat - 1.1.8.1
SETI-Contracts - 1.3
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.3.0.2
SolverEngines - 3.4
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.2
StationScienceContinued - 2.3
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.14
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 7.1
TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.1
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22.2
Trajectories - 1.7.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.2
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TweakScale - 2.3.7
USI Exploration Pack - 0.9
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
Unmanned before Manned - Challenge - 1.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.6
VOID - 1.1.6
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.16.1
[x] Science! - 5.11

Not sure but maybe you had SETIrebalance installed last time, which introduces telemetry "experiments". Other mods might do this as well, but I dont remember which.

13 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Yup, if the vessel doesn't have any probe core (not crew pod) for remote control. Having a probe core will give you the local control status.

Thank you for the clarification. I was fearing RT was interfering with MechJeb, but having uninstalled RT revealed that MJ does not need other mods to mess with my craft controls.

3 hours ago, Yemo said:

Not sure but maybe you had SETIrebalance installed last time, which introduces telemetry "experiments". Other mods might do this as well, but I dont remember which.

That's correct I had that mod previously, but deleted everything and made a new clean install without it.

It could be that mod, but should not affect anything anymore

EDIT: solved, I needed the SETI Rebalance mod. But I was pretty sure it was an RT feature

Edited by Bersagliere81

I use RSS, SMURFF (without RO). (KSP v1.2.2)

Do I need to set "consumption multiplier" and "antenna range multiplier"?

"Root" simpler then "default" range model mode, but more IRL-like. what "multiple antenna multiplier" is IRL-like? (default = 0, stock = 0.75, RO = 1)

Do I need some other configs?

I think I asked this before, but I'll ask again: Can we get a more independent behaviour for Mechjeb-Equipped vessels without an active connection, like reduced functionality but not a complete shutdown? After all, Mechjeb IS described as a kinda-sorta autonomous system...

On 11/5/2017 at 6:08 PM, drdeath said:

I think I asked this before, but I'll ask again: Can we get a more independent behaviour for Mechjeb-Equipped vessels without an active connection, like reduced functionality but not a complete shutdown? After all, Mechjeb IS described as a kinda-sorta autonomous system...

I am not really warm to this request of reduced functionality. You could schedule a sequence of timed commands in advance for the period of no connection or intersect some RT commands with MJ commands in coordinated sequence. Somebody with more experience on using RT and MJ could chime in on this.

16 hours ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

Is there a way to change the min crew required to use the command station? Does changing the RTCommandMinCrew = 6 to 2 (or any other number) work?

@PART[probeStackLarge]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
		%IsRTCommandStation = true
		%RTCommandMinCrew = 2
	}

Yes, this change will work. There is only the single part with this command station function in RT.

4 hours ago, TaxiService said:

I am not really warm to this request of reduced functionality. You could schedule a sequence of timed commands in advance for the period of no connection or intersect some RT commands with MJ commands in coordinated sequence. Somebody with more experience on using RT and MJ could chime in on this.

<snip>

Using the flight computer you can schedule multiple commands. You can also use MJ to set up the maneuver nodes and then use the EXEC button in the flight computer to execute them in a linear fashion. I actually don't like doing this however, because my short term memory is crap and I forget which commands are already queued or alter them after they are set. (If I may make a suggestion, some form of graphical indicator showing what commands are in queue would be great. I don't know how hard that would be to do though.) Honestly, the flight computer is great for the initial set up of comms networks. It's very powerful, intimidating tool..... (Your experience will vary.)

Hope that helps.

A thought struck me right after I finished typing the above.  Right now, as things stand you need a crew of 6 and the large (2.5m--I think it's the RL101 core but my memory is failing me.....) probe core to be able to ultimately control other unmanned craft. May I suggest a change or at least an altered feature. Instead of having this one way of controlling other craft, may we get an option to use a smaller probe core and smaller crew to be able to control a more limited number of unmanned craft? Obviously there are other problems that me as a simpleton user can't see. (Again, I don't know how easy or difficult something like this would be, especially if it was an optional rule set within the mod that I think would be the best way of implementing it.)

Anyway, great work on keeping the mod around.   I just can't see playing KSP without this.

P.S.  I am assuming this works with 1.3.1

Edited by Fizwalker

1 hour ago, Fizwalker said:

*snip*

A thought struck me right after I finished typing the above.  Right now, as things stand you need a crew of 6 and the large (2.5m--I think it's the RL101 core but my memory is failing me.....) probe core to be able to ultimately control other unmanned craft. May I suggest a change or at least an altered feature. Instead of having this one way of controlling other craft, may we get an option to use a smaller probe core and smaller crew to be able to control a more limited number of unmanned craft? Obviously there are other problems that me as a simpleton user can't see. (Again, I don't know how easy or difficult something like this would be, especially if it was an optional rule set within the mod that I think would be the best way of implementing it.)

Unfortunately this is a lot harder than it sounds, as far as I am aware currently RT has no way of limiting or keeping track of how many things are connected to a specific craft, and trying to add such would likely add ridiculous bloat to your save file. You could try to limit the number of connections a single part could make, but then you have the problem of deciding how to handle situations like what happens when a connection is lost? Does it reconnect with something else? What if it looses the only connection that is allowing it to be controlled? And it's still going to add significant save file bloat.

And all of that I suspect would require a none trivial amount of additional code. But I'm no RT dev, I've simply poked around the source code on Git.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:25 AM, Fizwalker said:

<snipe>

<snipe>

Besides Akira_R's points on logic size, I have no idea how big the impact of this feature would have on the overall gameplay. Maybe it makes sense at early stage but it would reach the full scope of command station eventually.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:56 AM, TranceaddicT said:

What kind of movement has there been on the RT2 redevelopment and integration of  CommNet Constellation v1.1.1 features?

Pretty slow pace, I am afraid. I am shifting back to RT2 from RT1 maintenance, after resolving most of RT1 obstacles in way.

Most of the CommNet core features from CNC are already committed to the RT2 codebase, with some non-CommNet features to be incorporated at various stages of RT2 dev later. At least, the big question of third-party mods fighting over CommNet is close to an end so I don't have to wonder about potential mod conflicts now.

I can only advice you to keep the pace of development that is most comfortable for you, no matter how slow it is for others who keep watching to finish it. Do not let it feel like another job, do moding stuff when you have time and enjoy working on it. Oherwise you would quickly suffer from overburning effect.

Keeping this mod alive with just "small" fixing for current KSP release is already awesome work. I hope that once RT2 is done over stock network system it would be easier to maintain and would be less time sinked in moding and more into playing and enjoying game.

k1xvGRM.png

RemoteTech 1.8.9 for KSP 1.3.1 released

This release 1.8.9 is standard maintenance, contained few improvements.

What are fixed/changed:

• Flight Computer's modernised steering of a probe or rover
  • Support for the two probe/drone cores of Mark IV Spaceplane System and VDS Hullcam
  • 2 new power commands to hibernate and wake up (require care in scheduling to avoid eternal sleep)
  • Functionality for third-party mods on relaying signals through designated probe cores

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Functionality of relaying connection signals through a designated probe core (For third-party mods) [Issue #532]
* Modernised the PID controller in both orbital and rover modes [Issue #674]
* Added two new power commands to hibernate (probe hibernation and antenna shutdown) and wake up [Issue #739]
* Added support for VDS Hullcam's probe core [PR #531]
* Added support for the drone core of Mark IV Spaceplane System [PR #672]

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #532: Request: Non-Relay ModuleSPU [requested by: NathanKell]
* Issue #674: The rover steering and throttle PID's need work [requested by: mferrie]
* Issue #739: Feature Request: Resource locking control [requested by: AkiraR]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #531: VDS Hullcam Support [PR by: schnip]
* PR #672: RemoteTech Compatibility Patch For Mark IV Spaceplane System [PR by: Sandriell]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 12:11 PM, Blake101 said:

I have a question on Remote tech. The flight computer will delete the maneuver node when it is time to burn

Hi,

Can you elaborate on this? Did you delete the maneuver node after queuing a burn-node command, and then recreate a different maneuver node?

The Flight Computer will delete the current node if there is a mismatch between the node referred by the burn-node command and the current node.

If this is not in your case, please provide a screenshot of your node(s) and Flight Computer's command queue on map-view.

Does anyone know whats causing this error?

[EXC 16:17:15.717] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RemoteTech.UI.TimeWarpDecorator.get_mVessel ()
    RemoteTech.UI.TimeWarpDecorator.Draw ()
    RemoteTech.RTCore.OnGUI ()

KSP.log
output_log.txt

Edit:

Found the error. My fault. Sorry.

Edited by Cheesecake

First off Id like to say I love your mod from day one and still do.

Anyways so I just updated to KSP 1.3.1 and did my mod installs but I've spent about the last 18hrs looking into why my KSC keeps being moved to South America.  As a result I have no Coms and my CMD is in the US.   I've pulled mods that I thought were the cause, i.e Rss, KSC switcher, and even Kopernicus but  to no avail.  I started to pull even more and it was getting to me so I pulled everything and started from scratch. I started with the mods I always played with this included Rss, MJ, Eng, PP (ProceduralParts), RT. Each one was put in one at a time RSS and the required files then MJ, ENG. then RT each time before I ran the game to see if KSC was moved and for connectivity. As soon as I got to RT my KSC moved and I lost connection to any probes that were not active and in orbit . So I pulled RT and ran he game once more and all worked just fine. I included the logs for each time I ran the game with and with out RT above.  If a mod list is needed let me know and ill write one up, I'm only posting here as I cant fine any other mod that is doing this. If I can id like to move KSC.

Edited by MissMolly