[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

I'm unable to click on UI buttons like SAS, RCS, the brakes, landing gears and lights action groups. In google searching I found an issue on RemoteTech github from 2016 (#639) which probably is the same bug. Can someone confirm this and whether it's going to be fixed or not?

If this indeed is a cause of RemoteTech, then there is a side effect of it too. The brakes key actually toggles my brakes instead of turning off when I release it. On KSP 1.3.1 btw, if that matters.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:31 AM, MissMolly said:

First off Id like to say I love your mod from day one and still do.

Anyways so I just updated to KSP 1.3.1 and did my mod installs but I've spent about the last 18hrs looking into why my KSC keeps being moved to South America.  As a result I have no Coms and my CMD is in the US.   I've pulled mods that I thought were the cause, i.e Rss, KSC switcher, and even Kopernicus but  to no avail.  I started to pull even more and it was getting to me so I pulled everything and started from scratch. I started with the mods I always played with this included Rss, MJ, Eng, PP (ProceduralParts), RT. Each one was put in one at a time RSS and the required files then MJ, ENG. then RT each time before I ran the game to see if KSC was moved and for connectivity. As soon as I got to RT my KSC moved and I lost connection to any probes that were not active and in orbit . So I pulled RT and ran he game once more and all worked just fine. I included the logs for each time I ran the game with and with out RT above.  If a mod list is needed let me know and ill write one up, I'm only posting here as I cant fine any other mod that is doing this. If I can id like to move KSC.

Hi,

It may be my imagination but your KCS location seems to correspond to the stock-Kerbin location i.e. its lat and lon coords are never updated to RSS coords. See if you can edit the coords in "GroundStations" block of your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder. See if you can update to NASA KSC's real-life lat and lon coords.

I think there are few RemoteTech groundstation configs for RSS/Kopernicus but I am not sure where.

18 hours ago, scimas said:

I'm unable to click on UI buttons like SAS, RCS, the brakes, landing gears and lights action groups. In google searching I found an issue on RemoteTech github from 2016 (#639) which probably is the same bug. Can someone confirm this and whether it's going to be fixed or not?

If this indeed is a cause of RemoteTech, then there is a side effect of it too. The brakes key actually toggles my brakes instead of turning off when I release it. On KSP 1.3.1 btw, if that matters.

Hi,

This is the current (doubt it is intended) behaviour of RemoteTech locking down the UI clickable buttons when your vessel is remotely controlled. The buttons are only clickable when your vessel has local control i.e. manned. You can see RemoteTech input locks in the console (Alt+F12), as shown below.

ucimI36.png

This issue is rather difficult because KSP does not provide mod mechanism to hook up the buttons. Use the keyboard shortcuts (eg T for SAS, R for RSC) as a workaround.

Edited by TaxiService

2 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Use the keyboard shortcuts (eg T for SAS, R for RSC) as a workaround.

Yes, the keyboard shortcuts are working, perhaps I should have mentioned that in my OP. What is really bothering me a little is the side effect I mentioned; the brakes toggling instead of turning on and off with the press and release of the B key.

Opening the console and trying to clear the input locks was the first thing I tried, but I hadn't realized that those 'RT...' were RemoteTech locks. Out of curiosity, why do those input locks exist when I do have control of the vessel? I mean, I don't know anything about how KSP works internally, but shouldn't the locks be placed only when connectivity is lost completely?

4 hours ago, TaliaKuznetsova said:

Fantastic mod although I do want to ask: Any plans to add plasma blackout? either by using the kerbnet function or your own system.

It is on the planned features list for RT 2.x, at least it was last I checked and now I can't find the page....... RT 2.x is still quite a ways out though.

21 hours ago, scimas said:

Yes, the keyboard shortcuts are working, perhaps I should have mentioned that in my OP. What is really bothering me a little is the side effect I mentioned; the brakes toggling instead of turning on and off with the press and release of the B key.

Opening the console and trying to clear the input locks was the first thing I tried, but I hadn't realized that those 'RT...' were RemoteTech locks. Out of curiosity, why do those input locks exist when I do have control of the vessel? I mean, I don't know anything about how KSP works internally, but shouldn't the locks be placed only when connectivity is lost completely?

This is due to this mod limitation: KSP does not provide a way (as far as I can tell in the codebase) to intercept the clicking of a UI button so that this clicking can be delayed. As a workaround, the input locks were engaged when the vessel is remotely controlled to force you to use keystrokes which can be intercepted and added with the delay. In the event of the connection loss, the locks are still engaged and the intercepted keystrokes were ignored conveniently.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Hey there

Is there a guide or something regarding how to add ground stations? I'd like to use Remotetech in Before Kerbin but I assume I'll need to add ground stations to Eden, which is the home planet (second out from sun). Once I've done that, I'd be happy to submit it here or in the Before Kerbin mod, assuming what I want doesn't already exist.

Thanks.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:04 AM, strudo76 said:

Hey there

Is there a guide or something regarding how to add ground stations? I'd like to use Remotetech in Before Kerbin but I assume I'll need to add ground stations to Eden, which is the home planet (second out from sun). Once I've done that, I'd be happy to submit it here or in the Before Kerbin mod, assuming what I want doesn't already exist.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please see this guide on the attributes of a ground station, included the body ID corresponding to Eden. Below is the MM cfg of additional ground stations for RemoteTech and stock Kerbin. Name it as RTDSN.cfg and toss in your GameDara/RT folder (I can't remember if you have to reload your RT settings at KSC scene to take effect)

Accordingly, you can use this MM cfg as a template for your attempt for Before Kerbin. Enjoy!

Spoiler

@RemoteTechSettings
{
    !GroundStations,* {}
    GroundStations
    {
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = -0.13133150339126601
            Longitude = -74.594841003417997
            Height = 75
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 0.996078014,0,0,1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 75000000
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
                    UpgradeableDish = 
                    UpgradeableCosAngle = 
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = c4020a3a-3725-4644-9185-e092ea000772 
            Name = North Station One 
            Latitude = 63.0959948383325
            Longitude = -90.0686195497409
            Height = 2864.02024834626
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = a48ebe2b-dd33-43cd-b6fc-0ff01d286a28 
            Name = Baikerbanur 
            Latitude = 20.6820169733268
            Longitude = -146.499776485631
            Height = 426.953797265305
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 1b85e542-f333-42c4-b947-63c68fa1c07e 
            Name = Crater Rim 
            Latitude = 9.44728971864159
            Longitude = -172.106644413907
            Height = 4115.64748514118
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 924a1f04-65fd-43b0-b5d9-92b42622b47a 
            Name = Mesa South 
            Latitude = -59.5861679042582
            Longitude = -25.8627095278566
            Height = 5455.44101071125
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5ff6a830-98a2-488f-bdd4-4322511222d6 
            Name = Harvester Massif 
            Latitude = -11.9503778337192 
            Longitude = 33.7373248915106
            Height = 2701.44694075082
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 6de2d751-bbbc-4892-80d7-d3852ab99d9b 
            Name = Nye Island 
            Latitude = 5.36081966792828
            Longitude = 108.546677792524
            Height = 411.161351518473
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by TaxiService

Hello, not sure if this has been mentioned but I haven't found any reference.

I've created a mission which brings two astronauts to Duna, one pilot and one engineer. This mission has 4 deployable probes. 3 to create a reliable relay system around Duna, 1 probe to land on Duna before the manned landing.

So I set the main rocket in a high stationary orbit around Duna. I thought that when detaching the probes from the main rocket there wouldn't be signal delay, as if the pilot or the engineer were actually controlling the probes. But no, signal delay was present and about 80 seconds. So it was Mission Control who actually controlled the probes.

Is there a way that a manned mission could control his own probes? I'm thinking a way of transferring control from Mission Control to a manned mission and backwards.

In any case, this mod is great! ;-)

14 hours ago, LordCorwin said:

Hello, not sure if this has been mentioned but I haven't found any reference.

I've created a mission which brings two astronauts to Duna, one pilot and one engineer. This mission has 4 deployable probes. 3 to create a reliable relay system around Duna, 1 probe to land on Duna before the manned landing.

So I set the main rocket in a high stationary orbit around Duna. I thought that when detaching the probes from the main rocket there wouldn't be signal delay, as if the pilot or the engineer were actually controlling the probes. But no, signal delay was present and about 80 seconds. So it was Mission Control who actually controlled the probes.

Is there a way that a manned mission could control his own probes? I'm thinking a way of transferring control from Mission Control to a manned mission and backwards.

In any case, this mod is great! ;-)

You need 6 kerbals and 1 of the big adv. Probe cors

I am having an issue with RCS, and engines with RemoteTech. RCS, and engine throttle ignore the signal, both connection, and delay. I can control both without any signal to the probe.

When googling, I found an older issue from 2016, and not sure if the issue has been fixed yet or not?

I am using RT 1.8.6, on KSP 1.2.2, with RP-0 installed.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the original bug still present? if its me, what can I do to fix such issues?

Thanks!

On 1/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, X1machinemaker1X said:

Does mech jeb work with remote tech? By that I mean, are the commands given by mechjeb, delayed properly, or disabled if there is no signal.

I recall Mechjeb is not co-operating with RemoteTech on the signal delay. So the commands executed by Mechjeb may not be delayed by RemoteTech's signal delay. 

In addition, Mechjeb and RemoteTech will fight with each other over the vessel control.

5 hours ago, Ketatrypt said:

I am having an issue with RCS, and engines with RemoteTech. RCS, and engine throttle ignore the signal, both connection, and delay. I can control both without any signal to the probe.

When googling, I found an older issue from 2016, and not sure if the issue has been fixed yet or not?

I am using RT 1.8.6, on KSP 1.2.2, with RP-0 installed.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the original bug still present? if its me, what can I do to fix such issues?

Thanks!

I have a few question regarding this bug:

• Do you have SETI RemoteTechConfig/ProbeControlEnabler installed? This disables RemoteTech's signal delay/no-control if no signal.
  • Only RCS and engine throttle ignore control/signal delay? What about other commands like Part Action and orbital commands?
  • Can you link to the 2016 issue if possible? I would like to read this.
  • If this does not resolve so far, can you provide output_log.txt in KSP_x64_Data folder in order to investigate?

Thanks

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

I recall Mechjeb is not co-operating with RemoteTech on the signal delay. So the commands executed by Mechjeb may not be delayed by RemoteTech's signal delay. 

In addition, Mechjeb and RemoteTech will fight with each other over the vessel control.

I have a few question regarding this bug:

• Do you have SETI RemoteTechConfig/ProbeControlEnabler installed? This disables RemoteTech's signal delay/no-control if no signal.
  • Only RCS and engine throttle ignore control/signal delay? What about other commands like Part Action and orbital commands?
  • Can you link to the 2016 issue if possible? I would like to read this.
  • If this does not resolve so far, can you provide output_log.txt in KSP_x64_Data folder in order to investigate?

Thanks

I figured it out - it was mechjeb... dunno why I even had that installed.. Hope deleting mechjeb hasn't broken anything else lol :P

Edited by Ketatrypt

Yesterday RemoteTech stopped to work as intended about connections and signal delay and I cant figure out why, becouse I was playing already with no issues at all, and I did not change any mod in the while. I've noticed there were no signal delay and the connection was persistent even with a body blocking links.

I'll be grateful if someone can help me out, becouse without RT I'm not going to play the game. I suspect that antennas from Bluedog Design Bureau may have something to do with this issue, anyway here's my output_log.txt, and if something else is needed just tell me.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I've understood why mod wasnt working. It happens if I use certain types of probe core from BDB mod, I just have to avoid those parts.

Edited by Metanolo
Found the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug ? Or intended?

Hello folks, i´ve got a small issue with remote tech (removing RT solves the "problem"):

RO mod...

When i throttle up (hitting "Y") and activate engine on  an unmanned probe on the launchpad and hit space to release the clamps, the the engine turns off (guess for a fraction of a second) and the rocket drops to the ground with no ingnition remaining.

It seems as if switching from local control (launch clamps active) to remote control (launch clamps released), the engine throttles down for a short moment... so the engine is no more able to throttle up because of the

limited ignitions...

The only way to get around is...

Before releasing clamps, i open the flight computer turn throttle up to 100% give a 1h duration burn, activate engine and then release clamps...

So i´m asking is this intended?

Is there another way to start an unmanned rocket without using the flight computer right from the start?

beside that: thanx to all the modders who make ksp such an amazing experience...

6 hours ago, 5ardaukar said:

Bug ? Or intended?

Hello folks, i´ve got a small issue with remote tech (removing RT solves the "problem"):

RO mod...

When i throttle up (hitting "Y") and activate engine on  an unmanned probe on the launchpad and hit space to release the clamps, the the engine turns off (guess for a fraction of a second) and the rocket drops to the ground with no ingnition remaining.

It seems as if switching from local control (launch clamps active) to remote control (launch clamps released), the engine throttles down for a short moment... so the engine is no more able to throttle up because of the

limited ignitions...

The only way to get around is...

Before releasing clamps, i open the flight computer turn throttle up to 100% give a 1h duration burn, activate engine and then release clamps...

So i´m asking is this intended?

Is there another way to start an unmanned rocket without using the flight computer right from the start?

beside that: thanx to all the modders who make ksp such an amazing experience...

Hi,

Can I have some screenshots of your unmanned rocket, please? With RemoteTech, remotely controlling needs electric charge to power antenna and probe core so a battery is required to run. By your account, it sounds like the rocket has no electric charge left once the clamps are released.

In addition, can you provide your output_log.txt in KSP_x64_Data folder in case I can't identify the root cause in your screenshot?

Thanks

On 1/30/2018 at 11:28 PM, 5ardaukar said:

thanx for your fast response ...

here the infos/pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgfr3vg4i9j9e29/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://imgur.com/6nsb046

---> engine started

https://imgur.com/QWeLYsx

----> clamps released....

Thanks for your log and screenshots.

I unsuccessfully tried to reproduce this issue on my side with RT only. On launch clamps, the control is always remote control. In another scenario of a probe rocket with manned pod attached to get the local control in first place, my engine never got shut down upon releasing clamps  and then dropping pod.

Can you try again with a stock engine instead? I am wondering if another mod or modded part is messing with throttle control.

I'm sure this has been asked elsewhere, sorry for the double post.  What is the preferred setup for remote tech with regard to comnet?  Should you play with comnet selected on, or off?

If you change the various settings like there dsn percentage, does that affect remote tech at all?

Does remote tech use the comnet ground stations for kerbin?

Thx for maintaining this great mod.