[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

2 hours ago, TaxiService said:

That issue of post-burn chasing maneuver node is resolved a few version ago. It is related to the detection logic not RCS torque glitch. I revised the logic to quit when it detects no "useful" burning delta left. You should be able to enjoy using RCS now.

I tested the RCS-Translate parts and some or most seem to use non-stock modules (eg RCSFX) that Flight Computer can't detect. So I think it definitely impacts how Flight Computer sees when doing RCS. You can always resort to stock SAS, which is very good at RCS, but like I said, stock SAS can't see non-stock RCS modules too.

Thanks for your files (a lot of mods though).

I replicate your RCS problem now but there are several different issues in this problem. First, few RCS parts, like Cross Arcjet RCS, don't even work under stock SAS (Key T) despite visual effects.  Second, something (nasty mod combination?) is nerfing/impacting RCS forces so much that Flight Computer & stock SAS is aggressively overblowing RCS thrust. Third, even stock SAS is suffering from the same agressive RCS thing. Stock SAS does the same slow rotation or no rotation, like Flight Computer, though it is doing better job at RCS.

Right now, my suggestion is to experiment with different RCS parts to see which are good for SAS/Flight Computer, or to use stock SAS for navball orientations.

I am not sure if I can find some ways to lessen/resolve this problem

Thank you very much for taking time investigating this!

I will see if I can find what mod is nerfing RCS and see if I can uninstall it.

It is quite wierd though that the reactionwheel doesn't do anything at all to help. Maybe it's nerfed to the bottom as well.

Anyways, I stayed up all night and after a while I managed to get my sats in orbit! In the right order too :P

I came around the problem by activating RCS so it started the slow rotation, gave it a manuall nudge in that direction, turned off RCS and when on the marker I stopped rotation with time warp.

Now all sats orbit at 1 h 30 min and between 001 to 003 seconds!! 

I'm so happy :D

One thing I found wierd though, the sats have contact with ksc but if I fly a normal plane in atmo and lose direct connect witj ksc, the signal isn't relayed.

I used the first omni antenna so it might be because of distance in case it's a two way communication, maybe it's not enough that the sats have the range to reach the plane, the plane must be able to reach the sats too? :)

Anyways! 

Super huge thanks for everything!

Cheers

// Schmelge

Trying my best to figure out which of the mods is causing this. I had my suspicion that SETI could have done something since I have the Meta mod pack, but the SETI Rebalance is not installed. I have gone through the descriptons of all the mods but non of them describe anything about nerfing RCS

1 hour ago, Munar pilot said:

I am about to download this, but what are the real differences between stock commnet and RemoteTech?

Stock CommNet is about launching and forgetting comm sats. In KSP 1.1 or earlier, you can control your vessels anywhere and anytime. Now, you need antennas and active connection from Mission Control or high-level Pilot for the same control task. That's it.

RemoteTech adds a difficulty layer to player's gameplay. Besides requiring connection to control vessels, it has signal delay (+16 sec between Kerbin and Eve), dish targeting, Flight Computer (less powerful version of MechJeb), and other bunch of things. Players like to play hard ball with this.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:02 PM, Schmelge said:

Trying my best to figure out which of the mods is causing this. I had my suspicion that SETI could have done something since I have the Meta mod pack, but the SETI Rebalance is not installed. I have gone through the descriptons of all the mods but non of them describe anything about nerfing RCS

Sometimes, I wonder if it is case of excessive CPU calculations. On my side, there were so many mod-related things running at same time and it was tanking my FPS rate.

Edited by TaxiService

20 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Sometimes, I wonder if it is case of excessive CPU calculations. On my side, there were so many mod-related things running at same time and it was tanking my FPS rate.

Yeah could be. But im pulling between 80 and 180 fps at all times except for when loading physics, like when game loads to launchpad.

Not sure :)

2 hours ago, demibear said:

Before I potentially waste my time trying to figure this out, has anyone written config files for Tantares?

No, I don't find any cfg in RemoteTech folder for Tantares

8 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Yeah could be. But im pulling between 80 and 180 fps at all times except for when loading physics, like when game loads to launchpad.

Not sure :)

Check this. I got hit by RCS misbehavior on my personal side too. I am figuring out what change was made to RCS orientation.

20 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Check this. I got hit by RCS misbehavior on my personal side too. I am figuring out what change was made to RCS orientation.

Wow! Nicely done m8!! So we may have found a pretty rcsgamebreaking bug!

Thanks alot for helping figure this out! :)

9 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Stock CommNet is about launching and forgetting comm sats. In KSP 1.1 or earlier, you can control your vessels anywhere and anytime. Now, you need antennas and active connection from Mission Control or high-level Pilot for the same control task. That's it.

RemoteTech adds a difficulty layer to player's gameplay. Besides requiring connection to control vessels, it has signal delay (+16 sec between Kerbin and Eve), dish targeting, Flight Computer (less powerful version of MechJeb), and other bunch of things. Players like to play hard ball with this.

Ok, thank you, I am off to download RemoteTech now. I used to use it pre-1.2

9 hours ago, TaxiService said:

No, I don't find any cfg in RemoteTech folder for Tantares

Thanks, well i should have something eventually. I just need to figure how to convert stock antennaPower to range. But I think bluedog design bureau parts might serve as a working example.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:32 PM, Bersagliere81 said:

Is there any advantage to add more antennas? Like for kerbalism mod, the more antennas you fit, the faster the transmission is

See this RT setting on multiple antenna multiplier (only applicable to omni antennas). The default value of 0.0 means no range boast from having extra omni antennas.

That's it, there isn't any other advantage.

Hi.

Very good mod you have here.

But I had a problem with deinstallation of your mod with ckan. I wanted a little more casual approch with stock communications.

I removed Remote Tech and now I can't find the stock relay buttons at the Comstation. And it seems that the need of Stockcomnet is removed from my save entirely.

9 hours ago, demibear said:

Is there a way to have the stock "power" with the remotetech limitations of signal delays/dish-omni/etc?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have this due to different designs of stock CommNet and RT.

4 hours ago, blspblackdeath said:

Hi.

Very good mod you have here.

But I had a problem with deinstallation of your mod with ckan. I wanted a little more casual approch with stock communications.

I removed Remote Tech and now I can't find the stock relay buttons at the Comstation. And it seems that the need of Stockcomnet is removed from my save entirely.

You need to manually enable CommNet in ksp settings. The installation of RT automatically disabled CommNet to avoid conflict.

I have a question on how the omni antenna additive mode works.

I get that 0 means it will use the largest omni antennas range.

I get that 1.0 means that it will add them all together.

I don't get exactly what .5 would do. There's two solutions that both make sense to me, and I'm leaning towards the first but I want to double check before I build satellites incorrectly.

Option 1: 0.5 setting means it's exactly halfway (average) between the largest omni and the total of the omnis. For example, I have 4x communotron 16s, the 2.5Mm range ones. If it was set to zero additive, then I'd have 2.5Mm omni range. If it was set to 1 additive, I'd have 10Mm omni range. But since it's set to .5, I would have 2.5 + (.5 * 7.5), which ends up being  6.25Mm. Essentially you get ALL of the first (biggest) omni antenna, and then 50% of each one added after that.

OR option 2. I don't think this is it, but it's possible, and it would change how I build my ships. This is where .5 additive means that you literally just take half of the sum of all the omnis. So in the example above, 4x of the 2.5Mm ones would be 5Mm range. 

Which method is actually how it works? Thanks.

16 hours ago, Crixomix said:

I have a question on how the omni antenna additive mode works.

I get that 0 means it will use the largest omni antennas range.

I get that 1.0 means that it will add them all together.

I don't get exactly what .5 would do. There's two solutions that both make sense to me, and I'm leaning towards the first but I want to double check before I build satellites incorrectly.

Option 1: 0.5 setting means it's exactly halfway (average) between the largest omni and the total of the omnis. For example, I have 4x communotron 16s, the 2.5Mm range ones. If it was set to zero additive, then I'd have 2.5Mm omni range. If it was set to 1 additive, I'd have 10Mm omni range. But since it's set to .5, I would have 2.5 + (.5 * 7.5), which ends up being  6.25Mm. Essentially you get ALL of the first (biggest) omni antenna, and then 50% of each one added after that.

OR option 2. I don't think this is it, but it's possible, and it would change how I build my ships. This is where .5 additive means that you literally just take half of the sum of all the omnis. So in the example above, 4x of the 2.5Mm ones would be 5Mm range. 

Which method is actually how it works? Thanks.

Correct, Method 1 is what RemoteTech calculates exactly. On given list of omni (or same-target dish) antennas, it takes the biggest Omni range and stacks up with 50% of each other antenna.

(@Bersagliere81 sorry, I didn't realize Multiple Antenna Multiplier is also applicable to dishes aimed at same target)

Is there any way for me to use this mod to modify the number and locations of Ground Stations (for RSS) while keeping the way vanilla comm net works? In other words, disabling all aspects of the mod except for the ability to modify the locations and names of Ground Stations.

Edited by VonFrank

7 hours ago, VonFrank said:

Is there any way for me to use this mod to modify the number and locations of Ground Stations (for RSS) while keeping the way vanilla comm net works? In other words, disabling all aspects of the mod except for the ability to modify the locations and names of Ground Stations.

Nope, not possible because RemoteTech disables whole vanilla Comm Net (and vanilla ground stations) due to conflicts and use its own (or player-supplied) ground stations.

12 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Nope, not possible because RemoteTech disables whole vanilla Comm Net (and vanilla ground stations) due to conflicts and use its own (or player-supplied) ground stations.

Fair enough.

Do you know if there is a way to modify the game's stock Ground Stations without Remote Tech?

And my apologies if this is too off-topic of a question. :P

11 hours ago, VonFrank said:

Fair enough.

Do you know if there is a way to modify the game's stock Ground Stations without Remote Tech?

Afraid not. Those stock ground stations are saved inside KSP's non-cfg Squad files.

21 hours ago, VonFrank said:

Fair enough.

In the Kerbinside thread, there are configurations for Remote Tech, only will have to wait to update Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside for use in 1.4.2

On the subject of ground stations, did the way the configs for adding ground stations change? I used something someone added here awhile ago and I cannot seem to get the ground stations to work anymore. Would rescaling to 3.2x have an effect?

Spoiler

@RemoteTechSettings
{
    !GroundStations,* {}
    GroundStations
    {
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = -0.13133150339126601
            Longitude = -74.594841003417997
            Height = 75
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 0.996078014,0,0,1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 75000000
                    Dish = 0
                    CosAngle = 1
                    UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
                    UpgradeableDish =
                    UpgradeableCosAngle =
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = c4020a3a-3725-4644-9185-e092ea000772
            Name = North Station One
            Latitude = 63.0959948383325
            Longitude = -90.0686195497409
            Height = 2864.02024834626
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = a48ebe2b-dd33-43cd-b6fc-0ff01d286a28
            Name = Baikerbanur
            Latitude = 20.6820169733268
            Longitude = -146.499776485631
            Height = 426.953797265305
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 1b85e542-f333-42c4-b947-63c68fa1c07e
            Name = Crater Rim
            Latitude = 9.44728971864159
            Longitude = -172.106644413907
            Height = 4115.64748514118
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 924a1f04-65fd-43b0-b5d9-92b42622b47a
            Name = Mesa South
            Latitude = -59.5861679042582
            Longitude = -25.8627095278566
            Height = 5455.44101071125
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5ff6a830-98a2-488f-bdd4-4322511222d6
            Name = Harvester Massif
            Latitude = -11.9503778337192
            Longitude = 33.7373248915106
            Height = 2701.44694075082
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 6de2d751-bbbc-4892-80d7-d3852ab99d9b
            Name = Nye Island
            Latitude = 5.36081966792828
            Longitude = 108.546677792524
            Height = 411.161351518473
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by demibear

RemoteTech 1.8.10.2 for KSP 1.4.2 released

This release 1.8.10.2 is recompiled for KSP 1.4.2.

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.4.2
* Changes to PID controller on the edge case of very low ratio of Torque to Moment of Inertia 

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

----

RemoteTech 1.8.10.3 for KSP 1.4.2 released

The change in this release 1.8.10.3 is very minor but critical to a third-party mod.

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Add modder API for radio blackout on a target RemoteTech vessel

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService