[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

@Benji13 What are the range on the omnis? The default settings use min(range1, range2) to determine connection range which means big dishes don't pair nicely with small omnidirectional antennas.

There's an alternative model that uses min(range1, range2) + sqrt(range1 * range2) - the root range model. For this model they recommend you half the power of all comms (as if you don't you basically get 2x range). With this model you'd be in range.

11 hours ago, TGApples said:

@Benji13 What are the range on the omnis? The default settings use min(range1, range2) to determine connection range which means big dishes don't pair nicely with small omnidirectional antennas.

There's an alternative model that uses min(range1, range2) + sqrt(range1 * range2) - the root range model. For this model they recommend you half the power of all comms (as if you don't you basically get 2x range). With this model you'd be in range.

Ok thanks.

8 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

I've read in some places people talking about RemoteTech 2.0... Is that out yet, or are the people I'm reading confused?

Sorry to tell you but it is far from being ready for release. RemoteTech layer onto CommNet infrastructure was done, basic antenna connection was done, signal delay calculation was done and placeholders UI was put up but that's it. Realistic comm model, rebuilt Flight Computer, complete UI and few extra features commonly requested for are still to go.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:15 AM, Battou said:

On 1.6.1 this mod brakes Part category selection.

I am able to replicate this error in 1.6.x if I click Filter by Cross-Section Profile. It doesn't happen in 1.5.x
EMLR69S.png

It seems the issue is local to Editor only. It is resolved by exiting and reentering Editor.

Time to update the RT ancient parts if I can figure out what is missing

:-/ 

19 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Is there a way to temporarily disable RemoteTech without uninstalling the mod? I screwed up some probe designs in Kerbol orbit, and rather than spend hours IRL fixing, I'd rather just disable the mod temporarily to make a correction burn. 

Sure, open RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder and toggle the first variable RemoteTechEnabled to False. Most of RT interfaces and processes will be shut down .

Edited by TaxiService

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:04 AM, TaxiService said:

Sorry to tell you but it is far from being ready for release. RemoteTech layer onto CommNet infrastructure was done, basic antenna connection was done, signal delay calculation was done and placeholders UI was put up but that's it. Realistic comm model, rebuilt Flight Computer, complete UI and few extra features commonly requested for are still to go.

Any plans for provisional pre-release testing? Say, once you get the comm model and UI rework done? 

Just curious, never used the flight computer and part of the reason I got burnt out playing was wrestling with commnet vs remotetech.  Admittedly a minor part, but non-ingorable nonetheless. 

I am having a problem, I'm hoping someone here can help me with. Sorry i don't have a lot of time as I am writing this (kid's boy scouts starts soon). I am working with a fresh copy of KSP 1.6.1 and RT 1.9.1. I am trying to use Bluedog Design Bureau probes. Every time I set a probe that has a built in antenna, the antenna does not show up to be activated. I have also noted a new tag in the probe info labeled "tech perk" that indicates the probe has an omni antenna that has a range of 35km (also i am working on a rescaled system of approximately 3.2x). Anyone have any idea why this has happened?

On 10/16/2018 at 5:44 PM, Cheesecake said:

I have a problem making configs. I made a config for coatl aerospace argo probe core because it is only in the dev-version and there are no config for this core.

My config:

I have a delay of 69 seconds but I can control (with the keyboard WASD and QE) the probe directly without an delay. Same problem with other probes. But if I activate SAS or RCS or an experiment I curiously have the delay. Whats wrong?

I'm having the same issue. Have you find any solution? 

I have a problem making configs. I made a config for coatl aerospace argo probe core because it is only in the dev-version and there are no config for this core.

My config:

I have a delay of 69 seconds but I can control (with the keyboard WASD and QE) the probe directly without an delay. Same problem with other probes. But if I activate SAS or RCS or an experiment I curiously have the delay. Whats wrong?

My config:

I have a problem that deals with the Remote Tech API as it is called from kOS.  Is this the right thread for it?

Do any of the maintainers of RT know of anything that might have caused this call to the RT API from kOS to now give a different answer than it used to?

var hasFlightComputer = Instance.HasFlightComputer(vesselId);

The specific difference is in what happens when the vessel being tested for is unloaded.  Now in order for HasFlightComputer to be able to return True, the vessel must be within load distance of the active vessel.  Any vessel more than about 2.5km away is always returning false for this API call.  I don't think it used to work that way back in 2016 when our code dealing with this in kOS was last touched.

The kOS github issue is this: https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/2457

If I'm wrong, and that API call always worked this way, then I guess I have to look elsewhere for the cause of this bug on our system.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, Danilo Coelho said:

I doubt these new antennas are compatible with RT unless MM patch is provided (sample for LackLuster Labs antennas).

On 3/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, Steven Mading said:

I have a problem that deals with the Remote Tech API as it is called from kOS.  Is this the right thread for it?

Do any of the maintainers of RT know of anything that might have caused this call to the RT API from kOS to now give a different answer than it used to?

var hasFlightComputer = Instance.HasFlightComputer(vesselId);

The specific difference is in what happens when the vessel being tested for is unloaded.  Now in order for HasFlightComputer to be able to return True, the vessel must be within load distance of the active vessel.  Any vessel more than about 2.5km away is always returning false for this API call.  I don't think it used to work that way back in 2016 when our code dealing with this in kOS was last touched.

The kOS github issue is this: https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/2457

If I'm wrong, and that API call always worked this way, then I guess I have to look elsewhere for the cause of this bug on our system.

I replied in the kOS thread. Basically, it is configured this way since Jan 2015.

thanks for great mod. there is one item that is making my brain itch tho. Why for god sake are some mods putting button directly in game control gui that does really not serving any game play function but is basically mods advanced configuration and should be nicely sitting under options.  Its like having 5 buttons in game like  doom all the time on HUD with walking speed gun damage  configuration and various cheats.  My gui is like spaghetti after installing few mods + when I give same mods to my fried she always thinks all this buttons are part of the game play controls and messes up all mods config I carefully set.   

for my other comment I got suggestion for another mod that can hid buttons ... problem solved sort of. 

One question tho. I can stage and enable chutes without having connection. (normal stock   chutes but using real chute mod)  Is that intentional ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, TaxiService said:

I doubt these new antennas are compatible with RT unless MM patch is provided (sample for LackLuster Labs antennas).

I replied in the kOS thread. Basically, it is configured this way since Jan 2015.

I've started working on a MM config to patch the ReStock+ antenna to work with RT, but its been a very long time since I've done any modding and I'm running into an issue trying to figure out what the RT range should be based on the stock CommNet module's information. Is there an approximate conversion from antennaPower to RT range?

4 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

I've started working on a MM config to patch the ReStock+ antenna to work with RT, but its been a very long time since I've done any modding and I'm running into an issue trying to figure out what the RT range should be based on the stock CommNet module's information. Is there an approximate conversion from antennaPower to RT range?

Oops, someone already beat you to this. Linky

On 3/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, TaxiService said:

Hello TaxiService and KSP community.

I am very much interested for the restock patch. However I am not too sure how to integrate it to my game folder since when I click on the link provided I am not able to download any file.

I have copied the whole text found on github link and pasted it in a .cfg file (used one from a mod I am not using, B9 part in this case, removed content and pasted the text, then saved it under Remotetech_RestockPlus_antennas.cfg). Not sure if this is the right way to do it?

I am working on a new mod setup for my next career adventure and RT is on the top of my list. Restock looks like an amazing mod too so I thought I would give it a shot. I guess it's about time I'm having a ksp account :D

Thanks for keeping this mod going you rock!

Ice

On 3/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, TaxiService said:

That was me! Was my first time doing anything addon-related for KSP, way easier than i thought!

11 minutes ago, IceCube said:

Hello TaxiService and KSP community.

I am very much interested for the restock patch. However I am not too sure how to integrate it to my game folder since when I click on the link provided I am not able to download any file.

I have copied the whole text found on github link and pasted it in a .cfg file (used one from a mod I am not using, B9 part in this case, removed content and pasted the text, then saved it under Remotetech_RestockPlus_antennas.cfg). Not sure if this is the right way to do it?

I am working on a new mod setup for my next career adventure and RT is on the top of my list. Restock looks like an amazing mod too so I thought I would give it a shot. I guess it's about time I'm having a ksp account :D

Thanks for keeping this mod going you rock!

Ice

Just grab that .cfg file and put it in your base RemoteTech folder! There should be other RemoteTech_****.cfg files

9 minutes ago, xdreaper15 said:

Just grab that .cfg file and put it in your base RemoteTech folder! There should be other RemoteTech_****.cfg files

Hey Xdreaper,

Yep that's what I was looking for but when I click on the link I don't see any way to grab the .cfg file. I'm probably blind or it's just too easy and I am missing it. Hence why I went for the copy paste stuff :confused:

Thanks for the quick patch on this anyway!

12 minutes ago, IceCube said:

Hey Xdreaper,

Yep that's what I was looking for but when I click on the link I don't see any way to grab the .cfg file. I'm probably blind or it's just too easy and I am missing it. Hence why I went for the copy paste stuff :confused:

Thanks for the quick patch on this anyway!

Right click on the file name link on github and click save as...