[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

17 minutes ago, Lunairs said:
I think that I must have a bug, with an omnidirectional antenna on my pod and my satellite, several pilots on the pod, control is impossible.
I am well tutorials that I find however, I even tried many different types of antennas, it never works.

Do you have a pod or onla a crew-modul (laboratory...)? With a pod and a pilot on board you don`t need any antenna or connection. With only an uncontrolled crew-modul you need to have a remote control unit with an working connection.
Can you send us an pic of your vessel and of the mapsight?

Edited by Cheesecake

No it's pod  place. I have 3 pilots.

sorry for the dual screen ^^ I translate at the same time

cntx.png

I made a second attempt, the ship on it I had omnidirectional antennas. This one below I have a relay antenna on the pod and an antenna type DTS-M1 on the satellite, I point them one on the other and it gives me that:
(the satellite and still not controllable).

2sfk.png

Edited by Lunairs

On 7/2/2019 at 2:18 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi, just a quick update on new RT version for Breaking Ground expansion. I gonna to wait until 1.7.3 with bunch of fixes and changes to see if the robotic and science station issues are resolved.

Does the current version work with Breaking Ground at all? Or it's 100% not going to work? I run on 1.7.2 with both DLCs and want to run RemoteTech but I'm happy to wait for 1.7.3 if that's what I need to do. 

After each programmed maneuver, the flight computer automatically reverts to Kill Rotation, but I want it to return control to MJ to keep the vessel orientated towards the sun. Now, i kill the kill rotation command manually. How could I avoid the creation of this kill rotation command?

Thx.

5 hours ago, madindehead said:

Does the current version work with Breaking Ground at all? Or it's 100% not going to work? I run on 1.7.2 with both DLCs and want to run RemoteTech but I'm happy to wait for 1.7.3 if that's what I need to do. 

Yes, RT 1.9.2 is working fine with Breaking Ground, included robotic parts, except for non-response ground station parts and remote-controlling hydraulic parts. The next version will be mostly robotic fixes and support for the stations.

3 hours ago, Tacombel said:

After each programmed maneuver, the flight computer automatically reverts to Kill Rotation, but I want it to return control to MJ to keep the vessel orientated towards the sun. Now, i kill the kill rotation command manually. How could I avoid the creation of this kill rotation command?

Thx.

You need to toggle this setting in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder.

FCOffAfterExecute = False

What it will do is to turn off Flight Computer after executing a maneuver command.

I’d line to add a check to some of my mods to tell if a remote vessel had a signal or not (ie: is controllable).  Is there an API to do that?

Preferably without having to make RT a compile dependency

Edited by linuxgurugamer

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I’d line to add a check to some of my mods to tell if a remote vessel had a signal or not (ie: is controllable).  Is there an API to do that?

Preferably without having to make RT a compile dependency

Hi, if I read your non-dependency statement right, you only need to check if RemoteTech's API class is available to call (linky). Within this API, you can use two methods, HasAnyConnection to check if the vessel has working signal, and HasLocalControl to skip manned-crewed vessels.

Hi, 

would it be possible to add in a future release an option to disable auto targeting for dish antennas not ball mounted on a mast (so basically all but HG-5 in the stock game). This would add a fun challenge for kOS users and would make HG-5 an interesting option even in the late game. This would require constant antenna tracking in the 3D space, so I guess it would be much more complicated than how it works now, but maybe it's doable? 

Getting some logspam in the space centre:

[EXC 20:10:36.490] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RemoteTech.UI.NetworkLine.UpdateMesh (RemoteTech.SimpleTypes.BidirectionalEdge`1 edge)
	RemoteTech.UI.NetworkLine.set_Edge (RemoteTech.SimpleTypes.BidirectionalEdge`1 value)
	RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.UpdateNetworkEdges ()
	RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.OnPreCull ()

Any idea what it means/if it's important?

On 7/18/2019 at 2:33 AM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hi, 

would it be possible to add in a future release an option to disable auto targeting for dish antennas not ball mounted on a mast (so basically all but HG-5 in the stock game). This would add a fun challenge for kOS users and would make HG-5 an interesting option even in the late game. This would require constant antenna tracking in the 3D space, so I guess it would be much more complicated than how it works now, but maybe it's doable? 

This is one of the common discussion points, which we conclude it would be eventually discouraging because of the tedious management and recovery. It is doable but I haven't seen much enthusiasm on this feature over time.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, baldamundo said:

Getting some logspam in the space centre:

[EXC 20:10:36.490] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RemoteTech.UI.NetworkLine.UpdateMesh (RemoteTech.SimpleTypes.BidirectionalEdge`1 edge)
	RemoteTech.UI.NetworkLine.set_Edge (RemoteTech.SimpleTypes.BidirectionalEdge`1 value)
	RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.UpdateNetworkEdges ()
	RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.OnPreCull ()

Any idea what it means/if it's important?

It is displaying of connections only. You can safely ignore this error if it does not impact your gameplay or network correctness.

RemoteTech 1.9.3 and 1.9.3.131 for KSP 1.7.3 and 1.3.1 released

This release is an update for Breaking Ground Expansion plus couple of quality-of-life improvements.

What are fixed/changed:

• Support for robotic parts and Custom Axis Groups introduced by Breaking Ground Expansion
  • Limited support for deployable ground parts (Omni 400km range to control station only)
  • Improved PID Controller on torque forces
  • Persistent position of Flight Computer window across play sessions

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.3.131
**Released July 21, 2019**

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled RemoteTech 1.9.3 for KSP 1.3.1

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

# Version 1.9.3

What's New?
===========

* Compiled for KSP 1.7.3
* Applied MissionControlRangeMultiplier to unused Mission Control Dish Antennas
* Fixed UpgradeableDish and UpgradeableCosAngle mistake
* Minor update for Restock and RestockPlus support
* Persistent position of Flight Computer window across play sessions
* Improved PID Controller on torque forces
* Added support for robotic parts and KSP Custom Axis Groups introduced by Breaking Ground expansion
* Added limited support for deployable ground parts (Omni 400km range to control station only)

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #792: Request: Save Flight Computer window position across sessions [requested by: Galenmacil]
* Issue #793: add whitelist for ReStock [requested by: Gordon-Dry]
* Issue #794: The new KSPAxisGroup controls are not suppported [requested by: ncanceill]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #789: Fix reading values for UpgradeableDish and UpgradeableCosAngle [PR by: ilmat192]
* PR #790: Apply MissionControlRangeMultiplier to dish mission control antennas [PR by: ilmat192]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Hi!

Now the pistons can move but the symmetry for all moving parts (not just the pistons) does not work as it should.
In the VAB or SPH, while assembling the rocket, it's ok but when you launch the symmetry it doesn't work.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, vagabond77 said:

Hi!

Now the pistons can move but the symmetry for all moving parts (not just the pistons) does not work as it should.
In the VAB or SPH, while assembling the rocket, it's ok but when you launch the symmetry it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Because of the remote-controlling nature, player inputs can be only intentionally passed to the target moving part while the stock action route is blocked. However, this limitation is only applicable to remote connections and the manned vessel (under local control) should not experience this limitation (I haven't checked yet).

I'm having issues with the tracking station range, I'm playing root mode with the range modifier set to 0.5 and yhe tracking station is level 3 so I'm guessing the range is 75,000km for that.

With a communotron 16 alone I was connecting straight to the KSC from the Mun when in sight.

I turned off the tracking station upgrade range in the remotetech settings but that didn't cut the connection either so what is going on? Either the range of an unupgraded station is also huge or that setting doesn't do what I thought it did?

Also what even is the range of the base tracking station?

On 7/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, TaxiService said:

RemoteTech 1.9.3 and 1.9.3.131 for KSP 1.7.3 and 1.3.1 released

This release is an update for Breaking Ground Expansion plus couple of quality-of-life improvements.

What are fixed/changed:

• Support for robotic parts and Custom Axis Groups introduced by Breaking Ground Expansion
  • Limited support for deployable ground parts (Omni 400km range to control station only)
  • Improved PID Controller on torque forces
  • Persistent position of Flight Computer window across play sessions

Complete changelog is below:

Reveal hidden contents

# Version 1.9.3.131

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled RemoteTech 1.9.3 for KSP 1.3.1

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

# Version 1.9.3

What's New?
===========

* Compiled for KSP 1.7.3
* Applied MissionControlRangeMultiplier to unused Mission Control Dish Antennas
* Fixed UpgradeableDish and UpgradeableCosAngle mistake
* Minor update for Restock and RestockPlus support
* Persistent position of Flight Computer window across play sessions
* Improved PID Controller on torque forces
* Added support for robotic parts and KSP Custom Axis Groups introduced by Breaking Ground expansion
* Added limited support for deployable ground parts (Omni 400km range to control station only)

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #792: Request: Save Flight Computer window position across sessions [requested by: Galenmacil]
* Issue #793: add whitelist for ReStock [requested by: Gordon-Dry]
* Issue #794: The new KSPAxisGroup controls are not suppported [requested by: ncanceill]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #789: Fix reading values for UpgradeableDish and UpgradeableCosAngle [PR by: ilmat192]
* PR #790: Apply MissionControlRangeMultiplier to dish mission control antennas [PR by: ilmat192]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

For 2.x it would be great if RemoteTech could use RCS properly for unmanned craft. Although not sure how difficult that is! 

Coming back to KSP after a long hiatus, glad to see RT still going strong. I have to admit however that I keep going back and forth with the current RT version and the stock CommNet with the constellation mod given the ability for spectrum allocations to differentiate the networks. Hoping RT2.x comes in the not too distant future.

One of the issues I'm currently having is when running MandatoryRCS. Instead of tweaking the PID's further, can you allow a user configurable value for inertia and RCS burn much like MechJeb? In the MechJeb attitude settings I have use inertia and stop time set to 0.2 to greatly reduce the RCS usage at the cost of slower slewing. The current version of the flight computer burns the RCS thrusters expecting a stockish torque wheel (I'm guessing) to slow it down and it blows right past the commanded position, and burns thru hydrazine freakishly fast. I guess I can always reduce the RCS thrust down to a minimal thrust limiter level, but I'd rather the system be smart enough to pulse the RCS to get the craft spinning, then pulse again to stop, thus minimizing the RCS usage when running MandatoryRCS even if I have to sit there and wait a minute or two.

Having some issues with freezes in the VAB, which I think is being caused by another mod, but I'm getting some RemoteTech related log-spam with it, so curious what it means and if it's normal.

[LOG 09:02:48.097] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 09:02:48.098] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPU: OnDestroy: no vessel!
[LOG 09:02:48.098] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 09:02:48.098] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

I'm getting the above continually firing repeatedly even whilst the game seems to be frozen. Can anyone tell me what it means and if it's meant to be happening? Goes on during freezes which seem to happen mainly on either part attachment or vessel loading.

Edited by baldamundo

On 7/27/2019 at 4:22 AM, Spagoose said:

I'm having issues with the tracking station range, I'm playing root mode with the range modifier set to 0.5 and yhe tracking station is level 3 so I'm guessing the range is 75,000km for that.

With a communotron 16 alone I was connecting straight to the KSC from the Mun when in sight.

I turned off the tracking station upgrade range in the remotetech settings but that didn't cut the connection either so what is going on? Either the range of an unupgraded station is also huge or that setting doesn't do what I thought it did?

Also what even is the range of the base tracking station?

The root range model is min(r1, r2) + sqrt(r1 * r2), where r1 and r2 are the ranges of 2 given antennas.

Since the ranges of Com 16 and Mission Control are 1,250,000 m (0.5 antenna range multiplier) and 75,000,000 m (1.0 mission control range multiplier), the max range under the root model is about 11,000,000 m. It is almost close to Mun's distance from Kerbin, 11.4 Mm.

The setting of tracking station upgradable range is only applicable when the tracking station is upgraded. So toggling the setting on max-leveled tracking station has no effect on current 75 Mm range of mission control.

Hope this clarifies.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:13 AM, Neil Kerman said:

Is there any way to only get the flight computer part of this mod?

Sorry, it is not possible to de-couple the flight computer as it is quite rooted in the underlying RemoteTech infrastructure. You may try out MechJeb2 as it is a more powerful tool.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, SmarterThanMe said:

Awesome. Is there a feature list for 2.x out there somewhere?

Here's the list. I am getting RT2 up to the current scope of RT1 first.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:00 AM, thunder175 said:

Coming back to KSP after a long hiatus, glad to see RT still going strong. I have to admit however that I keep going back and forth with the current RT version and the stock CommNet with the constellation mod given the ability for spectrum allocations to differentiate the networks. Hoping RT2.x comes in the not too distant future.

One of the issues I'm currently having is when running MandatoryRCS. Instead of tweaking the PID's further, can you allow a user configurable value for inertia and RCS burn much like MechJeb? In the MechJeb attitude settings I have use inertia and stop time set to 0.2 to greatly reduce the RCS usage at the cost of slower slewing. The current version of the flight computer burns the RCS thrusters expecting a stockish torque wheel (I'm guessing) to slow it down and it blows right past the commanded position, and burns thru hydrazine freakishly fast. I guess I can always reduce the RCS thrust down to a minimal thrust limiter level, but I'd rather the system be smart enough to pulse the RCS to get the craft spinning, then pulse again to stop, thus minimizing the RCS usage when running MandatoryRCS even if I have to sit there and wait a minute or two.

I will consider this new input fields of Flight Computer window for PID when I have found some time. Repeated PID tweaking is getting annoying, every time new KSP version is released.

Do you have any suggestion for the new input fields?

On 8/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, baldamundo said:

Having some issues with freezes in the VAB, which I think is being caused by another mod, but I'm getting some RemoteTech related log-spam with it, so curious what it means and if it's normal.

[LOG 09:02:48.097] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 09:02:48.098] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPU: OnDestroy: no vessel!

I'm getting the above continually firing repeatedly even whilst the game seems to be frozen. Can anyone tell me what it means and if it's meant to be happening? Goes on during freezes which seem to happen mainly on either part attachment or vessel loading.

May I have your full output_log file for further investigation, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Not getting a connection at KSC for some reason. Crafts in orbit are when in view of ground stations, but nothing at KSC... Also, having depleted batteries does not seem to affect connection.

KSP 1.6.1 / RP-1 / RO...

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkrbiavx1c3g8u0/AABvgUGRlOCNWEzt5vZUNJ_4a?dl=0

Thanks,