[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

On 11/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, AndresHdz said:

I have a problem, in the editor whenever i place an antenna it is deployed, even if I don't want to which is obviously unwanted for ascent, is this a know or fixable issue?

4 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

I was having the same thing happen.  Every deployable/extendable antenna was automatically deploying when placed on the craft and could not be retracted in the VAB or on the launchpad.  This was using RT v. 1.94 as downloaded from CKAN.  When remote tech was removed the problem went away.

Edited by Galland1998

18 minutes ago, Mr.DingALing said:

Got the same issue. Happens only to stock (Squad) antennae.

Stock or Re-Stock?

There seems to have been an incompatibility between RemoteTech and ReStock, fixed by Nertea and to be included in the next ReStock release:

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/798

16 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

Stock or Re-Stock?

There seems to have been an incompatibility between RemoteTech and ReStock, fixed by Nertea and to be included in the next ReStock release:

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/798

Yes, Re-Stock and Re-Stock+.

The patch helped out. Thank you very much kind sir.

I'm currently playing on KSP v1.7.1, pretty much all of my mods seem to be working fine right now but I just tried installing a ground station with a few experiments but it didn't want to connect to KSC even if there's a relay just beside my experiments... (The relay is connecting to KSC but the ground station stays unconnected.) I read on this forum this might be caused by Remote Tech. I also read that even if the ground station was connecting, it is so buggy on KSP 1.7.1, it's just better not using ground stations / experiments. (Apparently because of a huge spam of error messages?)

If I update KSP to 1.7.3, are the ground stations going to work properly?

I'm also wondering if it would be easy to create a mod to fix the error spam issue?

Thank you for you support.

PS. I didn't update KSP yet because I already had many problems to make everything work properly with version 1.7.1, I'm a bit tired of debugging and reading logs right now... lol

PPS. I'm using Remote Tech 1.9.3

Can anyone figure out what I've messed up here?  Using RemoteTech 1.9.4 on KSP 1.7.3

I have a lander in low Mun orbit with a DP-10 (500km range).  That was a a quality control issue, should have been the 16s but the 10 should just about do it.

I have 3 Kommsats at 120 degree intervals in 250km orbit equipped with KR7's  and Communicatron 32's (5000km range).

The Kommsats all have comms to Kerbin via a similar network of 4 satellites in Kerbin orbit.   

The nearest Kommsat is 340km away from the lander, but the lander is showing no comms back to Kerbin.

I've tried upping the Range Multiplier in the RemoteTech_Settings file to 10, and the antennas are reporting 5Mm and 50Mm range respectively in case there was something odd going on with the range but no joy.

I've checked my save file and the connectivityHandler is set to RemoteTechConnectivityManager.

I've just overflown my Mun base at an altitude of 12km, the base has connectivity, the lander still didn't.

what is going wrong?

Edited by RizzoTheRat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Due to KSP 1.8 and Unity 2019 largely, the amount of bug fixes and changes is quite big.

I would like to request for your assistance in playing the beta release (linky) of RemoteTech 1.9.5 and reporting any issue prior to an official 1.9.5 release for KSP 1.8.1.

Do make a save backup first before installing this beta release.

List of major changes:

• Localization (en-us and zh-cn) (all credits go to tinygrox)
  • Hide interface of signal delay & control indicator when opening in-flight Action Group Editor
  • Fix issue of ReStock antennas auto-expanding in Editor (HG-5, Comm 16, Comm HG-55 and Comm 88-88)
  • Introduce new Flight Computer interface of in-flight PID Controller
  • Fix issue Flight Computer commands not saved persistently
  • Fix issue of part configuration values duplicated every time saved or loaded
  • Fix issue of NullReferenceException thrown when dragging deployable science stations between 2 inventories)
  • Fix issue of science transmission button and packet information

Thanks!

Edited by TaxiService

On 12/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, TaxiService said:

Fix issue of part configuration values duplicated every time saved or loaded

I can confirm that this issue has been fixed!
It is a big deal because performance sank as modules were duplicated.
Thank you!

On 12/22/2019 at 3:19 AM, TaxiService said:

Hi @David H,

Please provide both "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" of your save and output_log.txt at "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program" for further investigation. I need to see what your KSP was doing in background.

How insert a file and I have no output log.
RT folder.
Default settings. Never showed up to change them
https://prnt.sc/qezygs
https://prnt.sc/qezyjf
ksp folder
https://prnt.sc/qezz1u

I bet it's simpler than that.
What about not installed correctly.
I installed the mods and loaded the game. Nothing worked.
New clean install. Haven't played in 2 yrs.

Edited by David H

Hi @David H,

Without the output log, I can't help to fix your problem. It is important to find this log because it contains what KSP did in background. The screenshots you provided so far don't really tell what caused.

Please look for the log again at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal space Program\output_log.txt

If you manage to find it, use any free upload site like https://pastebin.com/

Edited by TaxiService

RemoteTech 1.9.5 for KSP 1.8.1 released

This release contains a large number of bug fixes due to the new Unity engine and KSP 1.8.x.

What are fixed/changed:

• Localization (en-us and zh-cn) (all credits go to tinygrox)
  • Fix issue of wobbling when holding Kill Rotation or Maneuver Node
  • Hide interface of signal delay & control indicator when opening in-flight Action Group Editor
  • Fix issue of ReStock antennas auto-expanding in Editor (HG-5, Comm 16, Comm HG-55 and Comm 88-88)
  • Introduce new flight computer interface of in-flight PID Controller
  • Fix issue of flight computer commands not saved persistently
  • Fix issue of part configuration values being duplicated when saving and loading
  • Fix issue of NullReferenceException when moving deployable science stations between 2 inventories
  • Fix issue of missing science transmission button and information on antennas

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.5
**Released December 25, 2019**

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.8.1
* Updated ModuleManager to 4.1.3
* Fixed issue of wobbling when holding Kill Rotation or Maneuver Node
* Fixed issue of signal delay and control indicator not hidden in in-flight action group editor
* Fixed issue of ReStocked-ed antennas auto-deploying in Editor
* Minor improvements to Rover Computer
* Introduced new flight computer interface of in-flight PID controller
* Fixed issue of flight computer commands not saved persistently
* Fixed issue of part configuration values being duplicated when saving and loading
* Localized to en-us and zh-cn languages
* Fixed issue of NullReferenceException when moving deployable science stations between 2 inventories
* Fixed issue of missing science transmission button and information on antennas

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #797: Missing science transmission options and information on antennae [requested by: mindset-tk]
* Issue #798: Antennas auto extend and can't retract [requested by: AndresHdzArv]
* Issue #799: Control indicator obscures in-flight action group editor [requested by: BTAxis]
* Issue #804: NullReferenceException when carrying deployable probodyne science in EVA [requested by: aidygus]
* Issue #805: RTUtil.GetBool causes the values and sub-nodes in ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.moduleValues to duplicate [requested by: allista]
* Issue #806: Flight computer command queue gets wiped unexpectedly [requested by: Ernesto-Alvarez]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #802: Localization [PR by: tinygrox]
* PR #807: Minor Chinese changes [PR by: tinygrox]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

• 2 weeks later...

I am not certain if this is a remotetech issue but the 3 icons in map mode for the different connection types appear to be low res. Its a minor issue but annoying. Bottom left of image. http://prntscr.com/ql9j44 The issue is both in tracking station and flight. 

Edit. Fullscreen screenshot. http://prntscr.com/ql9m2q 

Edited by dave1904

On 1/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, dave1904 said:

I am not certain if this is a remotetech issue but the 3 icons in map mode for the different connection types appear to be low res. Its a minor issue but annoying. Bottom left of image. http://prntscr.com/ql9j44 The issue is both in tracking station and flight. 

Edit. Fullscreen screenshot. http://prntscr.com/ql9m2q 

Hi,

Please check your setting of Texture Quality, as shown below. It controls the stock and mod interface quality for performance reason.

VWDk2pi.png

This is not a remote tech issue but an issue related to it. Why is it that when I use this cfg that robotic pistons stop working? They only work with action groups but not in action menu. Been using radio free kerbin and noticed it. Then I started to look into the matter. The pistons will work normally on every command pod except the shuttle cockpit patched. How does remote tech handle it? 

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]    {
        %TechRequired = unmannedTech
        %OmniRange = 300000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

• 3 weeks later...

G'day All. Is there anyone willing to help me out with (or... do,  without me...) a RemoteTech CFG for Nertea's recently released NF exploration part set?

In particular, the idea of AntennaFeed... Looking through the extant cfgs for other mods, I have no idea how to do that sort of thing.

Edited by SmarterThanMe

Question for the other RT lovers out there, is it worth just going with the KSP games comm-net now, if all I use RT for is the "connectivity" aspect? I don't use the signal delay or program flight maneuvers, I simply like RT because it forces me to have connection back to base via a satellite network. Is this do-able with the stock system as well? Or is it watered down?

12 hours ago, Crixomix said:

Question for the other RT lovers out there, is it worth just going with the KSP games comm-net now, if all I use RT for is the "connectivity" aspect? I don't use the signal delay or program flight maneuvers, I simply like RT because it forces me to have connection back to base via a satellite network. Is this do-able with the stock system as well? Or is it watered down?

I would like to know this as well, as I to only use it for the connection  via a satellite network.

@Crixomix and @MissMolly, current stock comm-network does that, but you have to choose option in difficulty settings - require connection to control and comm blackout on re-entry. It is more simple than RT, though. You don't need to specify connection to other crafts/relay stations, but you are still required to have optical visibility and enough power/range to establish connection on distant probes. It is not bad, in my opinion. You no longer need to micromanage each connection route, but it is still necessary to launch sattelites and establish proper comm network.

In my last few career games, I have also restrictred myself to only KSC as ground station. Using Unkerbaled strart tech tree as well, it provide good chalange in the game.
Still, RT have charm of it's own with more antennas and different way of calculating signal strengths.