tomek.piotrowski

[1.7, 1.3.1] RemoteTech v1.9.2 [2019-04-14]

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, IceCube said:

Yeah that's what I was looking for but I only see "save link as" and no "save as", hence not helping. Probably just need to sleep over it and I'll see the light in the morning

ZLDlZeY.png

That works! Shows me saving the file as a .cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on mac but I don't think it should matter.

Do you mind showing me where you did your right click on the github page please? Thanks for holding my hand on this and apologies for the waste of time. ;.;

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IceCube said:

I'm on mac but I don't think it should matter.

Do you mind showing me where you did your right click on the github page please? Thanks for holding my hand on this and apologies for the waste of time. ;.;

 

 

 

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/tree/develop/GameData/RemoteTech

CK2SqOR.png

 

Make sure you get RestockPlus too(if you've installed the additional Restock parts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have an issue where remote probe control points arent working 

 

Spoiler

PcZYvV.pngU2LN70.pngxuqONq.pnghYaxH5.pngChBBvx.jpg

the orca vessel is manned by 1 pilot and has a omni range antenna of 12million meter. the probe vessel has a 1.5million meter antenna, and is within 350 ish kilometers with the probe control point vessel. yet, it is not available too be controlled. there is no errors in log.

https://gist.github.com/5125852d9d0563c10504d8e6c9e7c4b9 log

when i first switch too the probe, it shows a conenction for like a half second as its loading in but then it shows no connection again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 123nick said:

i have an issue where remote probe control points arent working 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

PcZYvV.pngU2LN70.pngxuqONq.pnghYaxH5.pngChBBvx.jpg

the orca vessel is manned by 1 pilot and has a omni range antenna of 12million meter. the probe vessel has a 1.5million meter antenna, and is within 350 ish kilometers with the probe control point vessel. yet, it is not available too be controlled. there is no errors in log.

https://gist.github.com/5125852d9d0563c10504d8e6c9e7c4b9 log

when i first switch too the probe, it shows a conenction for like a half second as its loading in but then it shows no connection again. 

Sorry but what you see in your fifth picture is stock CommNet's remote pilot feature. This is what RemoteTech remote command feature looks like.

prTNrNn.png

Also, RemoteTech does not have any support patch for USI parts. Anyone or us will need to provide such patch for the USI parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize 1.7 was just released, but I’m wondering if there’s any news on when RemoteTech will support the new version of KSP? I’m interested in having a reason to put satellites in orbit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RemoteTech 1.9.2 for KSP 1.7 released

This release is a standard maintenance.

What are fixed/changed:

  • Recompiled for KSP 1.7
  • Support for Restock and RestockPlus Antennas

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.2
**Released April 14, 2019**

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.7
* Updated ModuleManager to 4.0.2
* Support for Restock and RestockPlus Antennas
* Fixed Editor error of cross-section profiles on RemoteTech antennas

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #788: RestockPlus Antenna Support [PR by: xdreaper15]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnTomato said:

Is KSP 1.6.1 compatible with RT 1.9.2? And was it compatible with 1.9.1?

The SpaceDock listing (linked in OP), for RT will show past versions and KSP version compatability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The SpaceDock listing (linked in OP), for RT will show past versions and KSP version compatability.

Thank you! But there's no information about KSP 1.6.1, only 1.6 or 1.7 at SpaceDock (or I couldn't find it). Nevertheless, I've had no issues using RT 1.9.2 on KSP 1.6.1 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 12:33 AM, JohnTomato said:

Thank you! But there's no information about KSP 1.6.1, only 1.6 or 1.7 at SpaceDock (or I couldn't find it). Nevertheless, I've had no issues using RT 1.9.2 on KSP 1.6.1 so far.

No version shows up in CKAN for 1.6.1 either. Only if 1.6 is manually specified does it appear. Is this expected behaviour within CKAN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello, my flight computer is not executing nodes 50% of the burn time ahead of the maneuver node but exactly on the maneuver node (T- 0s), how can I change this so it does half the burn before and half the burn after?

It suddenly works and I changed nothing, nvm I guess

Edited by iGGnitE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all, Its been about a year+ since I asked this question and my intention is to not nag - I was wondering about the status of Remotech2? It looks like the KSP-RO group is looking to ditch Remotetech for something built on top Commnet. 

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/1969

https://github.com/DRVeyl/RealAntennas

Thanks

Edited by crapstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crapstar said:

Hi all, Its been about a year+ since I asked this question and my intention is to not nag - I was wondering about the status of Remotech2? It looks like the KSP-RO group is looking to ditch Remotetech for something built on top Commnet. 

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/1969

https://github.com/DRVeyl/RealAntennas

Thanks

Yah, I am aware of this KSP-RO group's CommNet plan because of deteriorating RemoteTech performance.

I recently enlisted help of KSP-RO group to do a sanity-check on RemoteTech 2's realistic comm model and to get suggestions/changes.

With this model worked out, I should be able to

  1. Finish the revision of the comm model paper based on latest feedback.
  2. Resume work on RemoteTech 2's comm implementation iteration in a similar manner of RealAntennas.

I have the (long) paper if you want to look over while I do the pending implementation work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all. I have been away from Kerbal for a long time. I decided it was time to have funa again making things explode.. :P

I love this mod and it´s on my essential list. I installed it (along with others) and I think it´s the root cause of an issue I am encountering.

When I launch a vessel that has a direct connection to KSC with a deployed antenna, the vesel loads into the launch site spinning incontrollably. When I uninstalled the mod the issue dissapeared.

My KSP version is 1.7.0 on windows 7.

Any thoughts?

 

Thanks in advance

Zeke

 

Edit: It seems that is something to do with antennae parts. I tested it researching UnmannedTech, so the probes will start with a connection to KSC on the launching pad and nothing happened. And I could deploy the antenna with no issues. So the root cause seems to be loading the vessel with any antenna already deployed.

Edited by ezequielandrush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that RemoteTech 2 is still under development but I dont know where else to ask this. Has there been any word if the features of ComNet Constilations will be implemented? I really want to like that mod I just feel like I have to have the features in RT more. I think my biggest problem with the stock system is antenna type (direct vs relay) and that 2 direct antennas cant connect with each other. Add to that dishes that act like omni and I just get frustrated to the point I want RT back. But I do really like the idea of frequencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3nwdjH.png

 

Hello? May I ask how can I show these icons with RemoteTech on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi am I correct in my understanding that RemoteTech does not work with the new DLC Experiment Control Station(centralStation)?

It shows as not having a connection and I don't see the science transmitted going up.  That is I assume NA means there is no connections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GrayTech said:

Hi am I correct in my understanding that RemoteTech does not work with the new DLC Experiment Control Station(centralStation)?

It shows as not having a connection and I don't see the science transmitted going up.  That is I assume NA means there is no connections.

No, it is not. The design choice of deployable science parts is strange and doesn't conform to a typical vessel design we modder are familiar with. Its power is just 0 or 1 and parts are not physically linked.

I am trying to get RemoteTech to work with the science stations but I am not optimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may seem as a dumb question but do really both of my dishes have to be pointed at each other (i.e A<->B) since i really want to make a mun to kerbin relay but when i point the dishes of my 4 mun satellites to my main one i don't have the signal since my main dish doesn't point at them. If that's the case can i turn it off somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hermann0000 said:

It may seem as a dumb question but do really both of my dishes have to be pointed at each other (i.e A<->B) since i really want to make a mun to kerbin relay but when i point the dishes of my 4 mun satellites to my main one i don't have the signal since my main dish doesn't point at them. If that's the case can i turn it off somehow?

Your main Kerbin network dish should target the Mun and its cone should capture your Mun satellites without any issue to establish a permanent network. If you do not have connection it is either because your dishes are not powerful enough (distance covered), or your Kerbin network is not working properly.

For the Mun network you only need HG-5 High gain antenna. Your Kerbin network needs to have either an omni antenna in range of KSC or a dish targetting KSC as well.

what type of dish are you using for both Kerbin and Mun network bud?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IceCube said:

Your main Kerbin network dish should target the Mun and its cone should capture your Mun satellites without any issue to establish a permanent network. If you do not have connection it is either because your dishes are not powerful enough (distance covered), or your Kerbin network is not working properly.

For the Mun network you only need HG-5 High gain antenna. Your Kerbin network needs to have either an omni antenna in range of KSC or a dish targetting KSC as well.

what type of dish are you using for both Kerbin and Mun network bud?

It's the one with 60Gm but i have only one and it's targeted at active vessel so it will never aim at these satellites unless i mark it. The issue is not the strength because i got that secured well the issue is that whether do i have to have both of the said satellites target each other or i can have let's say the Mun one to target my main and they will be connected. its seems like its not the case so im kinda liquided. And it would mean that i have remake my whole network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, TaxiService said:

No, it is not. The design choice of deployable science parts is strange and doesn't conform to a typical vessel design we modder are familiar with. Its power is just 0 or 1 and parts are not physically linked.

I am trying to get RemoteTech to work with the science stations but I am not optimal.

Wait, so I just bought the expansion for nothing? :P No way I'm playing KSP withour RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.