[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

On 22/06/2016 at 6:55 PM, Marut said:

(edit: after reading some other threads on TimeWarp.SetRate related issues, recompiling alone might have worked as well.)

An actual fix. 

In FlightComputer.cs line 284:

I changed

TimeWarp.SetRate(TimeWarp.CurrentRateIndex - 1, true);

to

TimeWarp.SetRate(TimeWarp.CurrentRateIndex - 1, true, true);

and recompiled. I've tested it and I can take off again, so it seems to have done the trick.

Working great, but a LOT of log spam as well as the F12 button bringing up the debug menu. But for a temp fix, this is perfect

On 6/23/2016 at 2:08 AM, Marut said:

I've created a fixed RemoteTech DLL for your enjoyment here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/67h7ptm6uj4t7ge/RemoteTech.dll?dl=0 

Is this a fix for craft that are uncontrollable in KSP version 1.1.3 or for some other bug?

I have found since 1.1.3 I can steer my craft and throttle my engine, but I can't stage anything, or deploy satellites, solar panels, etc through the right-click function or hotkeys.  The Probe does have charge and a control link back to Kerbin.

Without rebuilding/new release, the mod won't work properly with 1.1.3.  So yah, can't control vessel.  The 2nd bool is optional according to functional signature and defaults to true.  So above change should not be needed, just recompiling with 1.1.3 binaries:

public static void SetRate(int rate_index, bool instant, bool postScreenMessage = true);

If there is a dev build already will there be an upgrade on CKAN soon aswell?

And since I only used CKAN sofar for mods... can I just copy/override that dev release into my Game Data folder or should i remove the ckan remote tech first?

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

If there is a dev build already will there be an upgrade on CKAN soon aswell?

And since I only used CKAN sofar for mods... can I just copy/override that dev release into my Game Data folder or should i remove the ckan remote tech first?

Expect a stable release within a few days if nobody catches any major problems with the dev build, and CKAN a day or two after the stable release is published.

If you're in a hurry, you can uninstall the CKAN-managed version and install the dev build manually. Don't try to manually overwrite CKAN-managed files.

Hello,

Release 554 installed and running smooth. I have recovered the full functionalities on all my vessels (manned, unmanned, manned with flight computer).

Win10, KSP 1.1.3 with +/- 70 mods

Thanks for the release.

Vive_moi

Edited by Vive_moi

I'm having a problem where I can't stage my probes anymore. I'm not sure what I did to break it, but with remotetech installed I'm no longer able to do space/staging or right click to manually activate engines. SAS and torque still works. Craft is "connected" in top left under the timewarp indicator.

Using the remotetech Reflectron DP-10  on the basic OCTO probe core, and an SRB, as my "test rig".
I use a parts mod or two (Tantares) which may be effecting it somehow, but hasn't in the past. 

Any insight as to how I might troubleshoot this?

Edited by tjsnh

30 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

I'm having a problem where I can't stage my probes anymore. I'm not sure what I did to break it, but with remotetech installed I'm no longer able to do space/staging or right click to manually activate engines. SAS and torque still works. Craft is "connected" in top left under the timewarp indicator.

Using the remotetech Reflectron DP-10  on the basic OCTO probe core, and an SRB, as my "test rig".
I use a parts mod or two (Tantares) which may be effecting it somehow, but hasn't in the past. 

Any insight as to how I might troubleshoot this?

do you read the comments above you? TL:DR Version here:

On 24/06/2016 at 5:37 PM, d4rksh4de said:

Latest dev build is recompiled with KSP 1.1.3:

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

On 17.6.2016 at 2:59 PM, Weywot8 said:

Seems to happen when there is more than 1 active antenna on the ship. Can be fixed by shutting down all but 1 antenna ( trial and error as to which one to leave active - it can differ by experiment, no idea why). Better yet, avoid by shutting down before send any science. 

Bit of a pain if the probe cores are involved though.

I still cannot get this to work...anybody got an idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

19 minutes ago, angrybold said:

I still cannot get this to work...anybody got an idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

What version of KSP are you running?

If 1.1.3 have you installed the Pre-release of RemoteTech?

What exactly is the issue?

At some point in time, did the behavior of dishes change so that dishes pointed directly at other targets, act as cones on that target?

When I have a dish pointed at another dish, they show a cone aimed at each target. I thought cones only happened if you aimed at an entire body, eg Kerbin or the Mun. 

9 minutes ago, ibanix said:

At some point in time, did the behavior of dishes change so that dishes pointed directly at other targets, act as cones on that target?

When I have a dish pointed at another dish, they show a cone aimed at each target. I thought cones only happened if you aimed at an entire body, eg Kerbin or the Mun. 

Pretty sure it has always shown a cone towards whatever your target is, regardless of target type.

At least since I have been using the mod on and off since 1.0 that has been my observation.

7 minutes ago, Kaervek said:

Pretty sure it has always shown a cone towards whatever your target is, regardless of target type.

At least since I have been using the mod on and off since 1.0 that has been my observation.

It's only working in single target mode, even if it shows a cone? Just trying to confirm.

1 minute ago, ibanix said:

It's only working in single target mode, even if it shows a cone? Just trying to confirm.

Correct, unless you point it at a body, like Kerbin. Then it should pick up all connections that are pointed towards it as well. 

So, I got a few comsats up, but now I'm trying to launch another one, and I keep losing connection a few seconds after liftoff.

Yes, I have active omnidirectional antennas on the craft.

Yes, I have power.

I even tried plunking down a small craft just outside the launch pad with more omni antennas on it to act as a relay, just to be sure I had coverage.  Still losing connection.

What gives?  :(

27 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

So, I got a few comsats up, but now I'm trying to launch another one, and I keep losing connection a few seconds after liftoff.

Yes, I have active omnidirectional antennas on the craft.

Yes, I have power.

I even tried plunking down a small craft just outside the launch pad with more omni antennas on it to act as a relay, just to be sure I had coverage.  Still losing connection.

What gives?  :(

Are you possibly out of line of sight of the KSC?

Just now, SilverlightPony said:

I'm literally maybe 100 meters directly above the launch pad.

Is the antenna snapping off due to aerodynamic pressure? Are you using the Reflectron, it is designed for launching.

41 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Is the antenna snapping off due to aerodynamic pressure? Are you using the Reflectron, it is designed for launching.

I'd forgotten about the Reflectron (I'll try that), but no, every time I've looked closely after losing connection, the antenna was still there.

[EDIT]

The Reflectron did the trick, apparently.  *shrug*

Edited by SilverlightPony