[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

Reposted from NearFuture Tech thread for more exposure

Hi all,

With NF Exploration 1.0.7 supporting RemoteTech, I am requesting your assistance to look over the proposed RemoteTech configs (dev build) for all the NFE antennas.

The main issue is there are so many NFE antennas that I can't unilaterally push RT-NFE configs without your feedback on how these antennas should be supported by RemoteTech.

Please take a look at the spreadsheet of NFE antenna properties (yellow color).

zM0PNYf.png

Spreadsheet link

Thanks!

On 6/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, Tokamak said:

Oh, so it _has_ to have that one specific part? I didn't realize that. There aren't a variety of parts with that functionality?

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

I've been experimenting, and I'm still a little bit confused. I'm not able to get the probe control point feature to work with anything but the "RC-25 Remote guidance Unit", even though there are a handful of other parts that do have the "probe control point" module, like the smaller RC-12.

In other words, a craft with 6 kerbals and an RC-25 can control probes just fine, but if the kerballed craft only has an RC-12 instead, no dice. But both probe cores list "probe control point" as modules in their part info. 

Sorry to ask so many questions, but am I still missing something?

On 6/13/2020 at 2:25 AM, Tokamak said:

I've been experimenting, and I'm still a little bit confused. I'm not able to get the probe control point feature to work with anything but the "RC-25 Remote guidance Unit", even though there are a handful of other parts that do have the "probe control point" module, like the smaller RC-12.

In other words, a craft with 6 kerbals and an RC-25 can control probes just fine, but if the kerballed craft only has an RC-12 instead, no dice. But both probe cores list "probe control point" as modules in their part info. 

Sorry to ask so many questions, but am I still missing something?

Hi, the "probe control point" function is belonged to stock CommNet that is disabled by RT. The only visual remote control feature of RemoteTech is the RC-25 Remote Guidance Unit part and its part info. Anything about remote control (eg remote pilot and probe control point) is belonged to disabled CommNet.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:25 AM, TaxiService said:

Hi, the "probe control point" function is belonged to stock CommNet that is disabled by RT. The only visual remote control feature of RemoteTech is the RC-25 Remote Guidance Unit part and its part info. Anything about remote control (eg remote pilot and probe control point) is belonged to disabled CommNet.

Tokamak is correct that only the 2.5m probe core (plus 6 kerbals, and it doesn't matter what job they have) can act as a probe control point.  It's been that way since... as far back as I can remember.  If you need a smaller part, tweakscale can shrink the RC-25 to a smaller size without sacrificing this functionality.

It was suggested that I post here to ask for help.

I am having crashes/hangs when I do certain things in the VAB. Specifically, when I place a large assembly onto a craft that already contains some specific parts, like the inflatable heat shield.. Sometimes KSP will come back after some minutes, sometimes not. In either case, the log file ends up being tens (or sometimes hundreds) of megabytes of stack overflow errors. But something else gets spammed many, many times just before a hang, and in between all of the stack traces:

[LOG 10:42:32.306] DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for orbital-engine-375
[LOG 10:42:33.133] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPU: OnDestroy: no vessel!
[LOG 10:42:33.133] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 10:42:33.413] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 10:42:33.414] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 10:42:33.414] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

This gets repeated tens to hundreds of times right before the stack traces. I suspect it is something to do with whatever is messing with the drag, but since RemoteTech is always in there, it seemed to make sense to ask here if this looks like anything known to happen with RT.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:54 AM, Tokamak said:

It was suggested that I post here to ask for help.

I am having crashes/hangs when I do certain things in the VAB. Specifically, when I place a large assembly onto a craft that already contains some specific parts, like the inflatable heat shield.. Sometimes KSP will come back after some minutes, sometimes not. In either case, the log file ends up being tens (or sometimes hundreds) of megabytes of stack overflow errors. But something else gets spammed many, many times just before a hang, and in between all of the stack traces:

[LOG 10:42:32.306] DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for orbital-engine-375
[LOG 10:42:33.133] [RemoteTech] ModuleSPU: OnDestroy: no vessel!
[LOG 10:42:33.133] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 10:42:33.413] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

This gets repeated tens to hundreds of times right before the stack traces. I suspect it is something to do with whatever is messing with the drag, but since RemoteTech is always in there, it seemed to make sense to ask here if this looks like anything known to happen with RT.

Hi, apologies for this late response.

May I have your output_log.txt for further investigation, please? I analyzed the KSP behaviour of adding a large assembly to a craft, and it seems the assembly is created or removed, as if it is in launch loading screen.

Although your KSP is hanging up when creating the assembly of large part count (I tested as many as 171 parts) in 1 go, I am not convinced that this is why it took some minutes and generates huge log chucks.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:03 AM, TaxiService said:

Reposted from NearFuture Tech thread for more exposure

Hi all,

With NF Exploration 1.0.7 supporting RemoteTech, I am requesting your assistance to look over the proposed RemoteTech configs (dev build) for all the NFE antennas.

The main issue is there are so many NFE antennas that I can't unilaterally push RT-NFE configs without your feedback on how these antennas should be supported by RemoteTech.

Please take a look at the spreadsheet of NFE antenna properties (yellow color).

zM0PNYf.png

Spreadsheet link

Thanks!

I dont mean to make your job harder, but on its face it seems like there is a bit  redundancy when it comes to the ranges.

1. The Ax-5 and the F-DA are so similar there does not need to be 2 of them.

2. The D-2 Spot and the RA-00-2 are also too similar. Only one is needed.

3. The RA-X2 at first glance seems overly powerful considering its massive angle and low relative power cost. Also i don't think you need such a large antenna angle considering the range is the nearest moon. It would be nice if the spread sheet showed mass of parts as it would make it easier to assess the trade offs. Overall this part isnt needed.

4. D-50 isnt necessary. There are 6 antenna that reach ksync range and this one doesnt fit any special role that would make you choose it over the other 5.

5. RA-0-8 isnt necessary, its bigger than the RA-100 and uses more power but provides less range, not worth it.

Hi @Shizen,

Thanks for your feedback. Please see the updated sheet and my comments below.

1. The Ax-5 and the F-DA are so similar there does not need to be 2 of them.
[TaxiService] AX-5 is demoted and made an attractive entry-level dish.

2. The D-2 Spot and the RA-00-2 are also too similar. Only one is needed.
[TaxiService] D-2 is made an attractive entry-level dish for ksync orbit

3. The RA-X2 at first glance seems overly powerful considering its massive angle and low relative power cost. Also i don't think you need such a large antenna angle considering the range is the nearest moon. It would be nice if the spread sheet showed mass of parts as it would make it easier to assess the trade offs. Overall this part isnt needed.
[TaxiService] I think this is my mistake in the first place. Given RA-X2 is the biggest phased antenna (a keyboard) and there is only two other dishes for Duna, RA-X2 is made a good choice for moderate power with awesome angle at higher power cost

4. D-50 isnt necessary. There are 6 antenna that reach ksync range and this one doesnt fit any special role that would make you choose it over the other 5.
[TaxiService] D-50 is moved to Minus orbit and has a decent moderate power

5. RA-0-8 isnt necessary, its bigger than the RA-100 and uses more power but provides less range, not worth it.
[TaxiService] RA-0-8 is made an attractive choice (lower power and higher dish angle) over RA-100

Thanks

RemoteTech 1.9.7 for KSP 1.10 released

This release is an update for KSP 1.10 Shared Hozrion.

What are fixed/changed:

• Support for NearFuture Exploration (min 1.0.7)
  • Support for 2 new probe core parts of KSP 1.10
  • Support for Universal Storage 2
  • You can set and save the target of a dish antenna in VAB or SPH prior to a launch

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.7
**Released July 20, 2020**

What's New?
===========

* Compiled for KSP 1.10
* Updated ModuleManager to 4.1.4
* Added support for 2 new probe core parts of KSP 1.10
* Added support for NearFuture Exploration (minimum 1.0.7)
* Added support for Universal Storage 2
* Supported pre-targeting of a dish antenna in VAB and SPH

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #257: Request: pre-target antennae in VAB/SPH [requested by: cerebrate]
* Issue #725: VAB/SPH dish target allocation (feature request) [requested by: Khormin]
* Issue #811: Set Antenna Tracking in VAB [requested by: dimitriye98]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #724: VAB and SPH target button [PR by: drunkeNNN]
* PR #815: Support for Universal Storage 2 [PR by: NullSnapshot]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

14 hours ago, Shizen said:

@TaxiServiceIs this not released on ckan yet? Or do i need to change settings.

Hi, it is available on CKAN, about 1 hour after the official release.

Please verify that your ckan has KSP version of 1.10.xxxxx ticked in the "Compatible KSP Versions" setting.

4emeC6Z.png

I'm using remote tech in KSP 1.9 w Kerbalism, and remote tech has worked perfectly until suddenly I've lost connection on all spacecraft, omni antennas have stopped creating connections etc. Heres a video showing the bug;

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the total vessels that remote tech can support, if so I'll delete some cause I have huge amounts of them.

EDIT:IM a certified dumbass. Its a kerbalism feature, solar storm!!!

Edited by rocketbuilder

Hi all, I'm having a problem and I can't figure it out.

KSP 1.9.1, RemoteTech version 1.9.6, using the root range model. I have a satellite with a Communotron 32 (5 Mm range) in orbit above Eve, and a satellite with an HG-55 (25 Gm range) and an 88-88 in orbit at 80 Mm. The 88-88 is pointed back at Kerbin, and I get a green connection line in the map view. The HG-55 is pointed at the satellite with the Comm 32. According to the calculation for root range, the Comm 32 and the 55 should be able to communicate up to 358 Mm, but I get a "no connection" status. Everything is powered, turned on, LoS is established, but no connection. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

VRK

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, apparently I'm an idiot  :D

I had the relay satellite around Kerbin (with it's own 88-88) pointed at Eve itself. For the 88-88, the cone only covers out to an altitude of about 10 Mm above Eve's surface, meaning that the satellite in orbit at 80 Mm was not inside the cone. Once I aimed the Kerbin satellite directly at the satellite in the 80 Mm orbit, the Comm 32 satellite in low orbit became controllable.

Edited by VelRahnKoon

RemoteTech 1.9.8 for KSP 1.10.1 released

This release is a recompilation for KSP 1.10.1 Shared Hozrion with few changes

What are fixed/changed:

• Fixed PID issue of wobbling vessels with very low torque-mass ratio
  • New Flight Computer functionality of ignoring pitch/heading/rolling controls (eg an ascending rocket set to heading only)

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.8
**Released August 1, 2020**

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.10.1
* Fixed PID issue of wobbling vessel with very low ratio of torque to mass
* Added new Flight Computer command to ignore pitch/heading/roll flight controls

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #759: Request: possibility to only set roll / pitch / heading - not all at once [requested by: Gordon-Dry]

Pull Requests
-------------

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Edited by TaxiService

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, NateDaBeast said:

Is RemoteTech not compatible with BDB?

It should be. There are RT compatibility configs (/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatibiltiy/RemoteTech) included with BDB.

@TaxiService 

Kerbalism has dropped RT from it's recommendations due to  support issues.

Is there work on compatibility with Kerbalism?

54 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

It should be. There are RT compatibility configs (/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatibiltiy/RemoteTech) included with BDB.

@TaxiService 

Kerbalism has dropped RT from it's recommendations due to  support issues.

Is there work on compatibility with Kerbalism?

It's been so long since I've uninstalled RT so I've kind of forgotten what my issue was. But I do remember running it and something was not working (BDB and RT). I just assumed the compatibility between them was out of date

For whatever reason RemoteTech is glitched for me I'm assuming.

Spoiler

IjOZzls.png

YsYqjya.png

I have control over the craft, but its greyed out a little to appear like I don't. It also says it is connected but at the top left theres no connection. Using the RA-2 relay antenna. Ignore the other dish (from NFE which that part is not compatible with remotetech)

EDIT: Log file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k5ihn474vthi4z/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by NateDaBeast

8 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

I have control over the craft, but its greyed out a little to appear like I don't. It also says it is connected but at the top left theres no connection. Using the RA-2 relay antenna. Ignore the other dish (from NFE which that part is not compatible with remotetech)

KSP.log?

13 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

KSP.log?

Sorry did this late last night and completely forgot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k5ihn474vthi4z/Player.log?dl=0

EDIT: So I just noticed that I have the commnet stuff in that image and commnet is supposed to be disabled by default when running remotetech. So I'm not sure how exactly it's still running.

Mod list: https://pastebin.com/n3BF1mTu

Edited by NateDaBeast

hi, I've been  using RT for years, first time I've had an issue..

KSP version: 1.10.1

RT version: 1.9.8 (CKAN says compatible with 1.10.1)

Issue:  Went to place a GX-128 long range antenna on a brand new craft in VAB.  Instant crash to desktop.  Log excerpt is here.  This continues for a while with similar errors, until the logfile ends.

[LOG 16:03:56.546] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad
[LOG 16:03:56.546] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 16:03:56.546] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[ERR 16:03:56.547] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class VesselStatsManager:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) [0x00008] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (Vessel v) [0x00000] in <244475010c3f493a9679413f979fe15d>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (Vessel v) [0x00000] in <244475010c3f493a9679413f979fe15d>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 

[EXC 16:03:56.548] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (Vessel v) (at <244475010c3f493a9679413f979fe15d>:0)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (Vessel v) (at <244475010c3f493a9679413f979fe15d>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:AddTransmitter()
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:SetState(Boolean)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>d__298:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 16:03:56.548] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class ModuleIRServo_v3:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRMovedPart.InitializePart (Part part) [0x00009] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRServo_v3.OnVesselWasModified (Vessel v) [0x0009d] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 

[EXC 16:03:56.549] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRMovedPart.InitializePart (Part part) (at <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0)
	InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRServo_v3.OnVesselWasModified (Vessel v) (at <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:AddTransmitter()
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:SetState(Boolean)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>d__298:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 16:03:56.549] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class ModuleIRServo_v3:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRMovedPart.InitializePart (Part part) [0x00009] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRServo_v3.OnVesselWasModified (Vessel v) [0x0009d] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0