[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

tac-splash.jpg

TAC Fuel Balancer

• Easily refuel from space stations.
  • Keep your spaceplane or VTOL balanced.
  • Dump spare fuel before re-entry.
  • Lock and unlock tanks

This mod can transfer fuel, or other resources, between parts on the same vessel (including docked vehicles) from a simple GUI.

Features

• Transfer a resource into a part, drawing an equal amount from each other part.
  • Transfer a resource out of a part, transferring an equal amount into each other part.
  • Enable balance mode to transfer a resource such that all parts are the same percentage full.
  • Dump a resource out of a part. Note that the resource is lost, never to be found.
  • Lock a part, so that none of the resource will be transferred into or out of the part.
  • When still Pre launch (or Landed): edit the amount of a resource loaded in a part. Works on all resources, even solid rocket fuel.

Useful when you are flying along and need to quickly, and easily, transfer fuel from one tank to another. Or re-balance your fuel distribution to keep your centre of mass from getting too far out of whack.

Downloads

Get it from CKAN!

Space Dock: http://spacedock.info/mod/640/TacFuelBalancer

Current version: https://themoose.co.uk/ksp/TacFuelBalancer2.20.zip

Previous versions: https://themoose.co.uk/ksp/downloads.html

Change Log

Spoiler

----
06-Aug-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.5
* Rebuilt for new version of KSP

----
06-July-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.4

----
30-Apr-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.3

----
3-Apr-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.2

----
16-Mar-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.1

----
07-Mar-2018 Built against KSP V1.4.0

----
07-Oct-2017 Built against KSP V1.3.1

------
26-May-2017 Built against KSP V1.3.0

------
07-Dec-2016 Built against KSP V1.2.2

------
03-Nov-2016 Built against KSP V1.2.1

------
24-Oct-2016 Built against KSP V1.2

* Fix for Contract Configurator/Toolbar bug

---
15-Oct-2016 Built against KSP V1.2

---
22-June-2016 Built against KSP V1.1.3

* Resource buttons act like tabs by default
* Help and settings buttons toggle visibility
* ToolTips

---
14-June-2016 Built against KSP V1.1.2

* Stock toolbar "Launcher" button
* New icon set
* F2 support
* Reset button
* Support for mods that change tank contents

---
10-May-2016 Built against KSP V1.1.2

* Added changes by AdamMil

-----
3-May-2016 Built against KSP V1.1.1

* Rebuilt for KSP V1.1.1

-----
29-April-2016 Built against KSP V1.1.0

* Rebuilt for KSP V1.1.0

Release v2.5.1

- Updated for KSP 1.0.2.

Release v2.4.1

- See the release announcement.

Release v2.4

- See the release announcement.

Release v2.3

- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25823?p=863104&viewfull=1#post863104

Release v2.2

- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25823?p=858321&viewfull=1#post858321

Release v2.1

- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25823-0-21-1-TAC-Fuel-Balancer-25Jul?p=789484&viewfull=1#post789484

Release v2.0

- All windows are now resizable and feature scroll bars.

- Can now edit the fuel amount before launch -- for launching empty tanks or reducing the amount of solid fuel in boosters. Can also fill a Kethane tank with Kethane on the launch pad for testing purposes.

- Can dump fuel -- this can be disabled through settings if you do not want it or are afraid of accidentally clicking it.

- The Lock feature is now linked with the flow state on the part (in the part's right click menu).

- Disabled if out of power or the vessel is not "controllable". (Sorry, no integration with RemoteTech. I will have to look at that later.)

- No parts are needed! There is now an icon at the screen edge (default to top right) that is used for showing and hiding the main window. The icon can be re-positioned to anywhere along the screen edge.

Release V1.1.1

- the previous upload was missing the Readme and License files. That is the only difference.

Release V1.1

- created a new 3D model

Release V1.0

- fully functional, and tested with 0.19

- uses the same model as the Double-C Accelerometer -- new model coming soon!

Source: https://github.com/thewebbooth/TacFuelBalancer

License: This code is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)  creative commons license. See <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode> for full details.  Also see this.

KSP-AVC Support: "This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the Internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the Internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin."

Attribution: This build is fixed by me, Z-Key Aerospace. All bugs are my responsibility.  Previously by TaranisElsu. Great design and coding is entirely due to TaranisElsu.  Many thanks to AdamMil for his amazing contributions to this mod.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace
Publishing 2.20

Are you going to adapt AdamMil work to this TAC Fuel balancer version?

He did a great job! You can select many tanks together to "lock", "dump", "transfer";and so on...

You don't have to select them one by one any more and it's a great improvement on large ships..!

I know I need to sort out the OP.  It will be done.

At the moment I'm trying to get AdamMil's changes integrated.  The news is that I have got a version compiling and running.

Need to test it still.  I'm in a rush, more later.  Just wanted to let you know things are happening.

User AdamMil made a version of TAC Fuel Balancer that tries to figure out which tanks belong to which docked craft.  It also has a better highlighting system, multiselect of tanks and list sorting.  I have added his changes and bumped the version to V2.6.

6 hours ago, Z-Key Aerospace said:

User AdamMil made a version of TAC Fuel Balancer that tries to figure out which tanks belong to which docked craft.  It also has a better highlighting system, multiselect of tanks and list sorting.  I have added his changes and bumped the version to V2.6.

Great. :-)  I haven't tried it out, but I'll update my posts to point to this thread.

Here's the original post I made describing my changes. Here's a short summary of the features. (See the linked post for a more detailed description.)

1. You can select multiple parts and apply an operation to all of them at once. The selection is done by clicking on the name, and it supports using Ctrl to add or remove parts to/from the selection and Shift to select a range, as well as Ctrl+Shift to add or remove a range to/from the selection. Shift-selection only works within a single resource. (If you have throttle controls bound to left shift and ctrl, you can use the ones on the right side of the keyboard.) You can also click the "Select All" button to select or deselect all parts in a resource.

2. You can select parts by ship, so if you dock a ship with a station or a tanker, you can easily move fuel into or out of all of the ship's tanks at once. You do this by alt-clicking on a part, in which case it'll select all the parts on the same ship. This can combine with Ctrl as well, to add or remove those parts to/from the selection. The mod determines where ships start and end by looking for docking bays.

3. You can select all parts of the same type, for instance all FL-T200 tanks. You can do this by alt-shift-clicking on a part. As usual, this combines with Ctrl to modify rather than replace the current selection.

4. You can sort and group the part list. This may combine well with range selection (i.e. click, shift-click) to choose the biggest, smallest, emptiest, or fullest tanks, etc. For instance, if you want to group by ship and sort by name within each group, you first sort by name and then sort by ship. (Basically, if you want to sort by columns X and then Y, choose them in reverse order, i.e. Y and then X, from the menu.)

5. I added experimental support for remembering settings when you switch between ships. It doesn't remember after you quit the game, only in the same session. Also, changes (e.g. balancing) will only be processed for the current ship.

6. I added support for transferring liquid fuel and oxidizer in the correct 9:11 proportions. This is implemented as a pseudo-fuel type called "Rocket" fuel, which only shows parts that support both liquid fuel and oxidizer. It should work as expected as long as the liquid fuel and oxidizer are in the right 9:11 proportions already. If they aren't, just balance them individually first.

7. There were other miscellaneous fixes and changes not worth mentioning here.

Edited by AdamMil

I am posting this here as I cannot find the thread related to the mod you also maintain: [x] - Science

There is an error in the log file when exiting the game:

[WRN 17:28:55.303] [5/13/2016 5:28:55 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Removing Button
[WRN 17:28:55.303] [5/13/2016 5:28:55 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Removing Callbacks
[WRN 17:28:55.303] [5/13/2016 5:28:55 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Removing Coroutines
[EXC 17:28:55.304] NullReferenceException
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon.Unload ()
    EventVoid.Fire ()
    KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.OnDestroy ()

I always forget about this mod, until I get my base/station up and running and need to transfer a lot of resources. TAC FB has always been a life-saver with EL (and actually, I followed TaranisElsu's lead for EL's resource transfer code (but it's all internal, not usable directly by the user)).

The new feature/button "Rocket" (and of course "Sort") is so much incredible good.

Exactly what i missed in the past.

THANK YOU very much for that mod.

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

... need to transfer a lot of resources. TAC FB has always been a life-saver with EL.

Aha, for what else it is good :-) ?

Edited by Jansn67

Does it support only predefined resource types or all resources that are "transferable"?
I'm especially interested in DepletedFuel, EnrichedUranium and FusionPellets.

Edit:

I got it, the fuel types are NO_FLOW or something, so - NO

(but why the heck should an unmanned interplanetary (not mini) probe that got a reactor be maintained by a Kerbal?)

But whatever, I got a question about an issue with the "Supernova Fusion Engine" from

I just added TAC Fuel Balancer just to see IF I can transfer DepletedFuel etc.

Now I got this issue ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Does it support only predefined resource types or all resources that are "transferable"?

It's not limited to a predefined set of resource types, but as you discovered it doesn't let you transfer solid fuel around.

1 hour ago, AdamMil said:

It's not limited to a predefined set of resource types, but as you discovered it doesn't let you transfer solid fuel around.

Now it can.

Spoiler

I didn't fiddle around calculating how much FusionPellets I need to fulfill the needs of the dV burn time and attach that many tank capacity to not be able to use it.
So I changed 2 .cfg at all in my GameData to allow pumping of that stuff, but only stage-wide.

I had an issue, but only once.

I also use GPOSpeedFuelPump and have set everything up in VAB.

I didn't set up TAC Fuel Switch yet on the launchpad and launched the vessel.

There are boosters with the same mixture of KeroLox around the first stage, GPO pumping down from them so they empty first.

But now all was balanced - the game HUD stage symbols showed the same amount of fuel for all engines, but the context menus of the parts showed as it should be.

As the boosters' context menu showed "empty", I detached them, but they still got fuel in them and fired upwards.

Edit:

a screenshot to show what I mean

Spoiler

FZ69PGU.png

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.