[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

9 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

<<-- can anyone guide this noob guy? what is the difference between this mod and ship manifest? I mean, if i have ship manifest won't it do the same thing with extra features?

thanks

You can use either (or both), just like you can drink Coke or Pepsi or coffee or tea. :)  I don't think Ship Manifest will continuously balance or transfer, but I haven't tried it in a while.  I don't particularly like Ship Manifest's tiny windows, so I don't use it for fuel transfers.

There's also PWB Fuel Balancer which balances based on center of mass (useful for keeping the same CoM after you launch a payload), and GPOSpeedFuelPump which moves fuel around based on assigned "pump levels" (most useful for automatically refueling ships when they dock).

8 hours ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Doesn't the game already balance fuel in plane tanks now as it uses it? It is doing it for me anyway without the mod.

Yup it's a feature in 1.2. Just checked.

The stock fuel priority system doesn't move fuel between tanks, it just changes which tanks the engines draw from.  This will help balance things while your engines are burning, but it doesn't help you refuel one ship from another one.

Stock has a fuel transfer system, of course (alt-right-click on tanks), but TAC fuel balancer's fuel transfer system is nicer, faster, and less clicks which you have a lot of tanks.

1 minute ago, hab136 said:

You can use either (or both), just like you can drink Coke or Pepsi or coffee or tea. :)  I don't think Ship Manifest will continuously balance or transfer, but I haven't tried it in a while.  I don't particularly like Ship Manifest's tiny windows, so I don't use it for fuel transfers.

There's also PWB Fuel Balancer which balances based on center of mass (useful for keeping the same CoM after you launch a payload), and GPOSpeedFuelPump which moves fuel around based on assigned "pump levels" (most useful for automatically refueling ships when they dock).

The stock fuel priority system doesn't move fuel between tanks, it just changes which tanks the engines draw from.  This will help balance things while your engines are burning, but it doesn't help you refuel one ship from another one.

Stock has a fuel transfer system, of course (alt-right-click on tanks), but TAC fuel balancer's fuel transfer system is nicer, faster, and less clicks which you have a lot of tanks.

wow thanks for information sir, i was not aware of PWB at all, i think i will have three mods, or will they conflict with eachother ? (PWD and TAC)

Just now, Jiraiyah said:

wow thanks for information sir, i was not aware of PWB at all, i think i will have three mods, or will they conflict with eachother ? (PWD and TAC)

As long as you don't turn them on at the same time, it should be ok.  Note that PWB isn't updated for 1.2 yet, but if you read the last few pages Papa_Joe is working on it.

OK the new version of Contract Configurator has finally dropped onto CKAN so I need to get my finger out.  Please avoid it if you can 'cos it breaks everything.

TAC Fuel Balancer, [x] Science! and Protractor are all affected by Contract Configurator.  That's all three mods.

I'll do some testing but I really do need to go to bed at a sensible hour.  I don't take releasing a new version of a mod lightly so you'll have to wait for a little longer.  All three at once is kinda scary.

For you guys the good new is that TAC Fuel Balancer is the easiest fix so I'll try and get that one out first.

• 4 weeks later...

Feature request:

Make TAC auto-adjust table columns width.

And if possible, add a header and mouse-grabbable handles to allow manual column width adjustment. It can be used for example, when width conflict is inevitable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2016 at 2:55 PM, Daveroski said:

I Like the look of this mod.

Does it have any problems with Linux 64?

You mean x64? No. Everything look OK. At least under Mageia 5 x64.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Feature request:

I like to transfer resources between loaded vessels (2 km).

Mainly to avoid docking every time I land near of my mining vessels on a planet or to transfer resource between transport vessels and stations.

Edited by Kolago

• 1 month later...

Just going to give out some love for this mod, one of my standard mods for every install. 

Feature Request:  Remember craft settings.  I'll setup tanks flows/balances for various resources, namely Snacks and Soil, so the snack generators will not fill up.    So every time I load up a vessel, even if it hasn't had a docking, all the tanks are back to off.  It'd be nice to remember the tank settings between loadings.  I think resetting after a docking is a good thing, as it could cause annoying things to happen, but if it hasn't docked....

On 1/27/2018 at 4:58 PM, Kolago said:

Feature request:

I like to transfer resources between loaded vessels (2 km).

Mainly to avoid docking every time I land near of my mining vessels on a planet or to transfer resource between transport vessels and stations.

Use hyperedit to change the fuel levels in each craft.   What your asking goes beyond the intended scope of this mod I believe. 

17 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Use hyperedit to change the fuel levels in each craft.   What your asking goes beyond the intended scope of this mod I believe. 

I consider hyperedit to change the fuel levels as cheating. In TAC fuel balancer the UI is already done and to implement transfer resources between loaded vessels is not so much work imho.

1 hour ago, Kolago said:

I consider hyperedit to change the fuel levels as cheating. In TAC fuel balancer the UI is already done and to implement transfer resources between loaded vessels is not so much work imho.

How is using hyperedit cheating and this wouldn't be?  It's the same thing.  Identical.  You can justify it all you want, but it'd be the same. 

Just dock the ships and transfer the resources.  If you're within loaded range, you're 80% there.  Or if you can't dock, learn.  If you don't want to do that, use Hyperedit.  

I can't speak for the mod authors, but I'm pretty sure this would go against the spirit of the mod, and I would assume they have no intent on implementing this. 

On 4.3.2018 at 7:14 PM, Gargamel said:

How is using hyperedit cheating and this wouldn't be?  It's the same thing.  Identical.  You can justify it all you want, but it'd be the same. 

Just dock the ships and transfer the resources.  If you're within loaded range, you're 80% there.  Or if you can't dock, learn.  If you don't want to do that, use Hyperedit.  

I can't speak for the mod authors, but I'm pretty sure this would go against the spirit of the mod, and I would assume they have no intent on implementing this.

I know how to dock. But if I have big vessels (hundreds of tons) it gets rather annoying to dock and it takes a long time. What I have in mind is an operation like ship to ship refueling on open sea.

But, that's the same as docking.   There is a physical connection between them. 

If you want to directly emulate this, use KOS/KIS and connect a pipe between the two. 

If the ships are too big to rendezvous safely, then use a smaller tanker between them. 

Or use hyperedit. 

18 minutes ago, Kolago said:

I know how to dock. But if I have big vessels (hundreds of tons) it gets rather annoying to dock and it takes a long time. What I have in mind is an operation like ship to ship refueling on open sea.

What you are asking for is outside the scope of this mod, and is available in several other mods. See KAS, EVA Transfer, and Simple Logistics for a few.

45 minutes ago, TaranisElsu said:

What you are asking for is outside the scope of this mod, and is available in several other mods. See KAS, EVA Transfer, and Simple Logistics for a few.

Simple Logistics -> Vessel must be landed!

Any of the mentioned mods do not provide any advanced resource management options like TAC Fuel Balancer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.