[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

@Z-Key Aerospace

I'm afraid you are going to have to change your code a bit.  There is a Unity bug where it compresses image files when it loads them into the game database, and if it isn't a power of two, messes it up.  So I had to put code into the Toolbar to manually load the button image from the file, bypassing the compression that Unity does.

This mod is inserting the button into the internal game database, the problem is that I have no way to know if a texture was inserted by a mod or loaded by Unity.  And Unity is messing up the textures so I had to write my own routines to load the buttons from the file, bypassing the database

Hold off on any changes, I may have come up with a way to detect this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

I have a bunch of little fuel tanks inside my service module that I moved inside as to not be visible. Will this mod see them all so I can transfer fuel to them or from them from another tank? Right now I'm having to clip inside to see and select each one which is tedious and kind of a pain.

Edited by MikeO89

10 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

I have a bunch of little fuel tanks inside my service module that I moved inside as to not be visible. Will this mod see them all so I can transfer fuel to them or from them from another tank? Right now I'm having to clip inside to see and select each one which is tedious and kind of a pain.

Yes, it sees all tanks regardless of positioning.

Tried this mod out and liked it a lot. You're right, it showed every single little fuel tank I had tucked inside my CM. Was a little learning curve at first to use but damn, I should have got this mod a long time ago. Another tool in the tool box is always a good thing.

Edited by MikeO89

So what's the trick to starting the gui?  Could another mod be stomping on TAC? I've got about 40 mods installed installed through ckan with mod manager.. Sometimes it's active when I first start the game, but once I close the gui I can't find a way to get it to open again. The one time I used it it worked wonderfully. I had a space station with 5 ships docked and a couple mouse clicks topped up everything from the supply shuttle I'd sent up. I've only been playing KPS for a couple weeks, but I've been through this thread and I can't find any hint of a keyboard shortcut to launch the gui and I don't see anything on the screen that starts it.

9 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

So what's the trick to starting the gui?  Could another mod be stomping on TAC? I've got about 40 mods installed installed through ckan with mod manager.. Sometimes it's active when I first start the game, but once I close the gui I can't find a way to get it to open again. The one time I used it it worked wonderfully. I had a space station with 5 ships docked and a couple mouse clicks topped up everything from the supply shuttle I'd sent up. I've only been playing KPS for a couple weeks, but I've been through this thread and I can't find any hint of a keyboard shortcut to launch the gui and I don't see anything on the screen that starts it.

Have you got Blizzy's toolbar installed? You might just need to make sure the button's visible on there if so. If not, I don't know... it should just be on the stock toolbar.

2 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Have you got Blizzy's toolbar installed? You might just need to make sure the button's visible on there if so. If not, I don't know... it should just be on the stock toolbar.

Thanks, you gave me someplace to look. If I understand everything (which is questionable). I have Blizzy's toolbar installed, but was only using the stock toolbar, blizzy's was autohiding against the screen edge and I'd forgotten about it. For some reason it's in Blizzy's toolbar, but the button doesn't show in the stock toolbar. 

16 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Thanks, you gave me someplace to look. If I understand everything (which is questionable). I have Blizzy's toolbar installed, but was only using the stock toolbar, blizzy's was autohiding against the screen edge and I'd forgotten about it. For some reason it's in Blizzy's toolbar, but the button doesn't show in the stock toolbar. 

This mod is not using the ToolbarController, so it will only be in the Blizzy toolbar

3 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Can you transfer LF and OX at the same time? I've only been able to do it one at a time.

Try the rocket button, it transfers both LF and OX at the same time, and in the correct ratios. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2018 at 8:56 PM, Embries said:

I am not seeing This in CKAN.  Am I missing something?

It (TAC) may not be marked as compatible for the literal version of KSP you're on. If you adjust your allowed versions, it'll show mods for 1.4.* (back to whatever you allow) and you can select it for installation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 6:08 AM, strudo76 said:

For me in CKAN, this mod is only showing version 2.19, even though 2.20 is available to download. Has been like that for several days.

I've got the same issue. AVC keeps telling me 2.20 is available but only 2.19 is installable from CKAN. I'm running KSP 1.45 and have my CKAN to accept versions 1.3.x - 1.4.x, so I guess I should be seeing that.

Assume it's maybe not updating in CKAN

After uninstalling v2.19 and downloading v2.20 to install manually, CKAN doesn't Autodetect the version (even after restarting CKAN) that is physically in the GameData folder. Maybe a CKAN issue? But thought I'd mention it here.

Edited by scottadges

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.