[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, Taki117 said:

Does this function in 1.6.1?

So far I've been using it in 1.6.1 and haven't seen any problems. Admittedly, I'm not using it constantly, but when I've needed it (transfering fuel, dumping, etc.) it has worked.

I noticed a comment above about localization strings not working, but I'm playing in English so I haven't seen any problems.

Would be great if someone could recompile this for 1.6.1 or something. It does throw an AVC warning, but I think you can just change the version numbering in the config file.

Edited by scottadges

• 5 weeks later...

I love the mod.  I have used it 1.4.x, 1.5.1, 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 without any issue.  I have 3 loads with 1.6.1 using various mods, the oldest dating to 1/26/2019 and its always been solid.  Works great.  One note I don't have any mods that add new resources.  I have two 1.6.1 loads which have a number of mods installed, and no issue. 

My top 3 mods I always load are TacFuelBalancer, Navball Docking Alignment Indicator, and MechJeb2.

Remember this mod excels at resource transferring.  Especially with quick transfers and hard to reach parts.  Not just balancing or transferring fuel.

Edited by histalonia

11 hours ago, histalonia said:

One note I don't have any mods that add new resources

I've used TAC-FB wth Kerbalism and KSP-IE and it works as expected, no issues that I saw in terms of tracking & transferring any resource. It gets a bit cluttered with the UI b/c it will show anything that's a resource on its own tab, but it's not hard to use that way.

Edited by scottadges

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm going to be adopting this mod.  Among some minor small changes will be adding support for the ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController.

I am aware of one bug regarding localization reported above by @Gordon Dry.  

I have a github repo set up here, where you can open issues:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TacFuelBalancer

Will probably take a few days, I've sent a message to @Z-Key Aerospace about using the current SpaceDock entry, which will make things easier.

When I release, I'll post a message here and also start a new thread.  Until then, post here and ping me if you think I need to see your message

On 4/5/2019 at 10:16 AM, scottadges said:

I've used TAC-FB wth Kerbalism and KSP-IE and it works as expected, no issues that I saw in terms of tracking & transferring any resource. It gets a bit cluttered with the UI b/c it will show anything that's a resource on its own tab, but it's not hard to use that way.

Do you think a config file with a list of fuels is reasonable, or do you think a dialog to select fuels be better?

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you think a config file with a list of fuels is reasonable, or do you think a dialog to select fuels be better?

I also use TAC-FB a fair bit and I think the current system works fine. It can be a bit cluttered though. Maybe a settings option to hide resources you don't want to see in there?

8 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

I also use TAC-FB a fair bit and I think the current system works fine. It can be a bit cluttered though. Maybe a settings option to hide resources you don't want to see in there?

Yes, but how do you expect to specify an unknown number of resources to hide?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, but how do you expect to specify an unknown number of resources to hide?

Take the in original resources and the CommunityResourcePack Mod resources, maybe add the AlternateResourcePanel Mod covert resources. Keep these in a cfg file, so we can add new ones easily.

4 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Surely it would just be a dialogue box with a list of all the resources that TAC-FB can list, with a checkbox next to each one to hide/unhide it as one wishes?

Making a dialog box like that is more work than reading a config file, which is why I asked the question.

Anyway, that will be for the future.  @Z-Key Aerospace just added me as a co-author on Spacedock, so when I get an update out, it will be available via the same channels as the current 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Localization strings inside the title are still not supported by this mod:

title = #kerbalism-container-inline-250_Part_title // #kerbalism-container-inline-250_Part_title = Big Supply Container 

It looks like this then:
NCWGCqM.png

Can you post what I need to do to be able to reproduce this? Specifically, what language pack you are using etc

@linuxgurugamer I would think a config file would be something like this:

TACFuelBalancerConfig 
{
	name = TACFuelBalancerConfig 
	Mulch = False // don't display - true = displayed
	Kibbel = False
	Ablator = False
}

Anything not specified in the file is assumed to be displayed. By default I think the file should turn off display of resources that cannot typically be transferred like ablator or solid rocket propellant. 

2 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@linuxgurugamer I would think a config file would be something like this:

TACFuelBalancerConfig 
{
	name = TACFuelBalancerConfig 
	Mulch = False // don't display - true = displayed
	Kibbel = False
	Ablator = False
}

Anything not specified in the file is assumed to be displayed. By default I think the file should turn off display of resources that cannot typically be transferred like ablator or solid rocket propellant. 

I'll probably set it up as a blacklist, with a dialog to be able to enable/disable transferrable resources while in the game

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Making a dialog box like that is more work than reading a config file, which is why I asked the question.

A config file would be great, I'm assuming you mean something that would be easily editable outside KSP, if I'm reading correctly?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll probably set it up as a blacklist, with a dialog to be able to enable/disable transferrable resources while in the game

Honestly, I'm sure you will find the best/appropriate solution. I'd be happy with anything that maybe helps the cluttered UI (but TBH, it's not even that huge a problem).

I would think maybe it reads a list of resources that you have in the game (like from other mods) and you can edit which ones you want in config/blacklist file (or something like that).

Thanks for looking at this!

Edited by scottadges

On 11/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Localization strings inside the title are still not supported by this mod:

title = #kerbalism-container-inline-250_Part_title // #kerbalism-container-inline-250_Part_title = Big Supply Container 

It looks like this then:
NCWGCqM.png

Please elaborate.  ALL of the stock parts use localization strings without any problem

40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please elaborate.  ALL of the stock parts use localization strings without any problem

@linuxgurugamer You may not be getting any more info. If you check Gordon's profile he hasn't visited this site since January. I noticed it sometime last week, he used to be pretty prolific and I hadn't seen him posting in a while.

18 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@linuxgurugamer You may not be getting any more info. If you check Gordon's profile he hasn't visited this site since January. I noticed it sometime last week, he used to be pretty prolific and I hadn't seen him posting in a while.

I've been in touch with him, he may be back soon

I love TAC FB, and have used it *forever*...

My main issue with it, is hurriedly trying to shift fuel, mostly remaining from stages I am about to discard, which usually has to be done quite quickly before a circularization burn or maneuver node...

Having the second small UI popup with the action options, is kind of a PIA to use in a hurry...
would be nice to see that reworked into the main UI somehow... vOv

22 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I love TAC FB, and have used it *forever*...

My main issue with it, is hurriedly trying to shift fuel, mostly remaining from stages I am about to discard, which usually has to be done quite quickly before a circularization burn or maneuver node...

Having the second small UI popup with the action options, is kind of a PIA to use in a hurry...
would be nice to see that reworked into the main UI somehow... vOv

curious, have you tried doing this with an action group (as mentioned in the previous post), or is that also unavailable for this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.