[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

On 4/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, Stone Blue said:

Having the second small UI popup with the action options, is kind of a PIA to use in a hurry...
would be nice to see that reworked into the main UI somehow... vOv

I assume you are referring to the little menu which opens up with the 8 buttons to select?

What would you think about a row of toggles to the right of each tank?  Each column of toggles would replace the buttons.  So, for example:

FL-TX1800 Fuel Tank    1  2  810  809.5  99.9%  o  o  o  o  o  o  o

Where the toggles would be in the following order (the o's above):  

Highlight  Edit  Transfer In  Transfer Out  Balance  Dump  Lock

I would have them abbreviated, maybe with tooltips when hovering

I'm not sure about the Edit functionality, I'll have to see what's up with that.  Seems like a very cheaty thing.

Also, for all, I'm thinking about moving the settings from the custom settings window into a stock settings window.  I'd like to hear some feedback before I do (either pro or con)

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume you are referring to the little menu which opens up with the 8 buttons to select?

What would you think about a row of toggles to the right of each tank?  Each column of toggles would replace the buttons.  So, for example:

FL-TX1800 Fuel Tank    1  2  810  809.5  99.9%  o  o  o  o  o  o  o

Where the toggles would be in the following order (the o's above):  

Highlight  Edit  Transfer In  Transfer Out  Balance  Dump  Lock

I would have them abbreviated, maybe with tooltips when hovering

YES... abolutely this... that was my initial thought, to have buttons to the right exactly like that... wanted to think on it moar, before I suggested it or something like it...

Hmmm... just me, but I would like:
Lock, Transfer In, Transfer Out, Balance, Dump, Highlight, then maybe Edit...??
(thats basically closer to the order of most used to less used buttons, for me...) vOv

Maybe to keep the buttons small, just single letter would be enuff to label them since they're all unique? ie L, I, O B, D, H, E ... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

I took the order from the order in the menu, your suggestion makes sense

28 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Lock, Transfer In, Transfer Out, Balance, Dump, Highlight, then maybe Edit...??
(thats basically closer to the order of most used to less used buttons, for me...) vOv

Maybe to keep the buttons small, just single letter would be enuff to label them since they're all unique? ie L, I, O B, D, H, E

except that Edit will be available when in an advanced debug mode, to be specified in the settings page

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Last release, 2.2.0, was released on Aug 6, 2018.

It's been a long wait, but hopefully the results will be worth it.

Beta version 2.21 is now available

The beta is available for KSP 1.5.1, 1.6.1 and 1.7.2.

Changes

• Rebuilt for 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.0
  • Removed all old toolbar code, about 1500 lines
  • Added support for the ToolbarController
  • Added support for the ClickThroughBlocker
  • Added fast toggles to fuel balance window
  • Added new settings:
    • ShowToggles
    • ShowTooltips
  • Make text in menu button yellow
  • Added settings option to make tooltips optional
  • Made edit mode only available when in sandbox mode (beginning of integrating career modes)
  • Added a stock settings page, works alongside current settings page
  • Added option to not use the KSP skin
  • Added option to disable old settings window

Please download from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9t9qkewnm933xp/TacFuelBalancer-2.21.0.zip?dl=0

License remains the same.

My intent is to remove the current settings page, but for this, I've made them both work.  However, if you make changes on one, they may not reflect in the other until you exit the game (mainmenu) and reenter.

Edit:  I've updated the download link, there was a problem with the previous download.  This also fixed a small issue with the old settings window not updating the stock settings.  It now updates the stock settings when closing the window

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

I get the following on load. The message is formatted so that it's unreadable, but the mod seems to work fine anyway and there are no log error, warnings or exceptions related to TacFuelBalancer. Just the normal messages that the .dll has been loaded.

CLRRj0h.png

This is a comparison of the contents of your .zip file against my game install. Everything is where it should be located. FYI, you have a MiniAVC.dll,pruned in the zip file.

3YS1VVo.png

I would prefer that the D (Dump) toggle not appear, EVER, as an individual button with the rest. I rarely use it (maybe 3 or 4 times in a year) and accidentally toggling it could be bad. Since the popup menu is still a feature it should only appear there. The rationale is that it should only be triggered with some effort. The other option is the make the Show Dump setting toggle only the button of the main display and leave it always on in the popup menu. Currently Show Dump removes it in both places.

My preferrence would be to order the buttons: I O B L H -  This puts the buttons I use most often closest to the values of the tank contents. 

To reduce clutter, I would like a Setting to prevent creating tabs for resources that cannot be transferred. TAC Fuel Balancer is already aware that resources like Ablator, Solid Fuel, Depleted Fuel and Uranium cannot be transferred and only show the Highlight and Menu toggles in those tabs. I'd like to go the next step and just not have tabs for these resources. 

1 hour ago, Tonka Crash said:

I would prefer that the D (Dump) toggle not appear, EVER, as an individual button with the rest. I rarely use it (maybe 3 or 4 times in a year) and accidentally toggling it could be bad. Since the popup menu is still a feature it should only appear there. The rationale is that it should only be triggered with some effort. The other option is the make the Show Dump setting toggle only the button of the main display and leave it always on in the popup menu. Currently Show Dump removes it in both places.

I would prefer it *is* there... I would prefer the "quick buttons" on the main UI, and just get rid of the original, secondary popup UI...
I *do* agree, it should have a 2nd user required "check", to eliminate accidental clicks... maybe a popup with a "Are you *SURE* you want to do this?" with yes/no buttons... vOv

I also, just nao see you *can* have it hidden from the main UI quick buttons... :thumbs_up:

My preferrence would be to order the buttons: I O B L H -  This puts the buttons I use most often closest to the values of the tank contents.

*My* preference is the exact order LGG showed in the screenie...
NOT to say that yours is wrong and mine is right... just that different people are gonna want/prefer different things...
Mebbe have the button order user-editable, in the settings? vOv

To reduce clutter, I would like a Setting to prevent creating tabs for resources that cannot be transferred. TAC Fuel Balancer is already aware that resources like Ablator, Solid Fuel, Depleted Fuel and Uranium cannot be transferred and only show the Highlight and Menu toggles in those tabs. I'd like to go the next step and just not have tabs for these resources.

On this we agree... Could easily get cluttered or over-full when using mods with lots of exotic resources...

I realise one person's preferences, are another person's aggravation... All we can do, is hope for either a consensus one way or another, or hope the dev/coder agrees to put in the extra work to implement ways to accomodate *many* preferences... :P

Also, one feature request, @linuxgurugamer , on my install at least, when launching and going to the flight scene, TACFB main UI is open by default... could that be changed, pleeze?
I havent fully investigated that, so going to reopen KSP and mess around some moar...

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

This is a comparison of the contents of your .zip file against my game install. Everything is where it should be located. FYI, you have a MiniAVC.dll,pruned in the zip file.

It's a beta build, by hand.  Won't be there in final.

Reasonable.

How about the option to hide the Dump button only apply to the new toggles, and it will always show on the popup menu>?

38 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Mebbe have the button order user-editable, in the settings? vOv

How much are you going to pay me for that?  :D

Making the button order configurable is a real PITA, and will also be a performance issue.

39 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Also, one feature request, @linuxgurugamer , on my install at least, when launching and going to the flight scene, TACFB main UI is open by default... could that be changed, pleeze?

Yes, that's a bug, introduced when I replaced the toolbar buttons.

Also reasonable

I get the following on load. The message is formatted so that it's unreadable, but the mod seems to work fine anyway and there are no log error, warnings or exceptions related to TacFuelBalancer. Just the normal messages that the .dll has been loaded.

Log file, please.  I haven't seen it in my testing.

@linuxgurugamer

CLRRj0h.png

This is a comparison of the contents of your .zip file against my game install. Everything is where it should be located.

Confirmed same here. I did also try to start fresh, and match the folder structure of my previously working version. This makes the above error go away, but the mod's features are gone and I cannot find any way to access it at all.

35 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Confirmed same here. I did also try to start fresh, and match the folder structure of my previously working version. This makes the above error go away, but the mod's features are gone and I cannot find any way to access it at all.

Log file, please, both before and after if you can

Also, can you all confirm you are using the file downloaded via Dropbox?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Also, can you all confirm you are using the file downloaded via Dropbox?

I used the dropbox link in this post about an hour before I posted my problem.

Old Tac Fuel Balancer Log

New Tac Fuel Balancer Log with installation error

Comparing the logs it looks like the new version moved the .dll to a \Plugins subdirectory that did not exist in the old version. Did the path for the install check get updated?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How about the option to hide the Dump button only apply to the new toggles, and it will always show on the popup menu>?

Yiss pleeze

How much are you going to pay me for that?  :D

Making the button order configurable is a real PITA, and will also be a performance issue.

Unfortunately.. *nothing*... :( ..I'm broke... :P
I *did* forget to put a disclaimer, that while i know just aboot anything *can* be coded, I *do* realise there are limits to what is reasonable... :D

Yes, that's a bug, introduced when I replaced the toolbar buttons.

:thumbs_up: ok

Log file, please.  I haven't seen it in my testing.

I forgot to mention that I got that warning right out of the gate, also

47 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I used the dropbox link in this post about an hour before I posted my problem.

Old Tac Fuel Balancer Log

New Tac Fuel Balancer Log with installation error

Comparing the logs it looks like the new version moved the .dll to a \Plugins subdirectory that did not exist in the old version. Did the path for the install check get updated?

Ah, thank  you.  

Yes, I put all my mods into a Plugins subdir.  I'll get this fixed soon

35 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Unfortunately.. *nothing*... :( ..I'm broke... :P
I *did* forget to put a disclaimer, that while i know just aboot anything *can* be coded, I *do* realise there are limits to what is reasonable...

Well, we'll just have to see what happens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.