[KSP V1.4.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.20

New beta, 2.21.1

• Fixed InstallChecker to look for mod in PluginData directory
  • Fixed UI opening by default
  • Made the option to not show the Dump option only apply to the popup menu
  • Made the positioning of the toggles configurable and display optional of each
  • Made the pop-up menu optional
  • Added option to not show non-transferable resources
  • Changed location of saved config file from 
    • TacFuelBalancer\Plugins/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer\FuelBalancer.cfg to TacFuelBalancer\PluginData\FuelBalancer.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9idfh7l5wvr6wew/TacFuelBalancer-2.21.1.zip?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer I've downloaded the 2.21.1 beta version and don't see most of the new features. The first two bug fixes seem to be the only thing working.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Made the option to not show the Dump option only apply to the popup menu

Late night? You implemented this backwards from what I think everyone asked for and even opposite of your last post. You have the Dump option always on as a toggle and configurable for the popup menu. It should be always on in the popup menu and configurable as a toggle.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Made the option to not show the Dump option only apply to the popup menu
  • Made the positioning of the toggles configurable and display optional of each
  • Made the pop-up menu optional
  • Added option to not show non-transferable resources

How? I could not find anything relevant in the mod gui or it's various popup menus. There is no documentation of new features and no default settings file to use as a guide. The Readme.md could be updated to describe these options. There is no setting for any of this I can find in the Settings popup. The help menu [?] button has outdated information for alt-click and ctrl-click features that no longer work. I didn't know these functions existed prior to today, so for me just updating the help screen to match current behavior is enough.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Changed location of saved config file from 

• TacFuelBalancer\Plugins/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer\FuelBalancer.cfg to TacFuelBalancer\PluginData\FuelBalancer.cfg

Your zip file still has the old path included. Without creating the new path manually the settings file doesn't get created. Once the settings file is created there are no options for the new features.

When I'm doing installs of this for testing I'm deleting the contents of the old install before installing the new one. If there are files or directories that are needed, but not included in each .zip file I'm not going to see them. 

FuelBalancer.cfg created from the 1.21.1 version. This matches the options I have in the settings popup, but there is no hint of any of the new config options. The settings popup does say v2.21.1.0 at the bottom.

Spoiler

MaxFuelFlow = 10
RateMultiplier = 100
FuelWarningLevel = 25
FuelCriticalLevel = 0
OneTabOnly = True
ShowShipNumber = True
ShowStageNumber = True
ShowMaxAmount = True
ShowCurrentAmount = True
ShowPercentFull = True
ShowDump = True
BalanceIn = False
BalanceOut = False
Debug = False
TACFuelBalancer
{
	visible = True
	x = 710
	y = 290
	width = 1028
	height = 534
}
TACFuelBalancerSettings
{
	visible = False
	x = 840
	y = 360
	width = 240
	height = 478
}
TACFuelBalancerHelp
{
	visible = True
	x = 710
	y = 135
	width = 500
	height = 810
}

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Late night? You implemented this backwards from what I think everyone asked for and even opposite of your last post. You have the Dump option always on as a toggle and configurable for the popup menu. It should be always on in the popup menu and configurable as a toggle.

No.  If you don't want the dump toggle, you set it to 0 in the settings screen.  I reverted the option to disable it on the popup menu as it was originally.

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Did you try looking at the new stock settings window?  I thought I was clear that was the direction I was moving towards, I've left the old settings window for now, but will probably get rid of it.

No, I haven't touched the help windows yet.

Everything is configurable in the stock settings page.  See the following image, and it's still a WIP:

The new stuff is in the third column labeled Misc.  There are tooltips for most items, and I put some minimal instructions at the bottom of the middle column.

In the image below, the Locked toggle is disabled (by having the position be 0), and the rest are shown in order.

lj0eTca.png

I haven't touched any of the functionality of the keys (click, shift-click, shift-alt-click, etc), so if something isn't working, please check to see if it was working in the last release from @Z-Key Aerospace

I'm running some tests of the click functionality as documented in the current help screen (all clicks are on a line in the window):

• Click  - Part is selected or deselected
  • Shift-click  - Selects a contiguous range of parts from the last part clicked
  • Shift-alt - Selects all of the same type of part 
  • Combining with the Ctrl will modify the current selection

Regarding the directories, I was having issues with my automated builds, and was having to build the betas by hand. I didn't realize that the PluginData directory wasn't being created, sorry.

I got it fixed earlier today, and will get another beta out when I'm done with a first-pass at updating the help screen

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you try looking at the new stock settings window?  I thought I was clear that was the direction I was moving towards, I've left the old settings window for now, but will probably get rid of it.

I missed this is the discussion above.

New beta, 2.21.2

• Fixed build issue with embedded icon resources
  • Added info to help screens
  • Moved settings around a little bit
  • Added code to create the PluginData directory if it doesn't exist
  • Fixed tooltip not hiding when showing the popup-menu
  • Builds now available for KSP 1.5.1 & 1.6.1

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TacFuelBalancer/releases/tag/2.21.2

There are three zip files in the release directory.  The format of the file name is:

TacFuelBalancer-KSPVersion-TFBversion.zip

Which ends up with the following:

• TacFuelBalancer-1.5.1-2.21.2.zip    is for KSP 1.5.1
  • TacFuelBalancer-1.6.1-2.21.2.zip    is for KSP 1.6.1
  • TacFuelBalancer-1.7.2-2.21.2.zip    is for KSP 1.7.1

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerNice, thanks for updating this and making it better. I probably will wait until you official release it, so I can get it on CKAN. I hope CKAN lets me know its updated to your version, since I am subbed to the old Z-Key version.

It will, but you will have to check the mod  settings

Hi, will you support version KSP 1.7.3? Saddly it updated yesterday and if I try to downgrade to 1.7.2 (with changing the version in save file) all my ships disappear. I have otherwise great career going now. I will try 2.21.3 version if it by chance works with KSP 1.7.3.
I hoped that any 1.7.x version will be suported but it isn't that easy probably.
The KSP updates are now very very fast :)
Thanks for this mod anyway I just updated in the time I downloaded your mod so didn't have chance to try it but ability to dump excess oxidizer is great and the stock refueling needed some tweaking.

Edited by petbse
Thanking for the mod

27 minutes ago, petbse said:

Hi, will you support version KSP 1.7.3? Saddly it updated yesterday and if I try to downgrade to 1.7.2

WHY do people play KSP from their Steam install? I was still playing 1.7.1 until a few days ago when Kopernicus was updated.

Make a full copy of  your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program, and play it from the copy.

Never play from the Steam install... that way you do not have to update until you want to.

Please do not bug the Mod owners/maintainers for updates... they will update it when they feel like it.

21 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

WHY do people play KSP from their Steam install? I was still playing 1.7.1 until a few days ago when Kopernicus was updated.

Make a full copy of  your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program, and play it from the copy.

Never play from the Steam install... that way you do not have to update until you want to.

Please do not bug the Mod owners/maintainers for updates... they will update it when they feel like it.

Didn't use much mods before I was playing full stock and was able to continue career over different version. Probably I was lucky. Thanks for info about the KSP copy. Also I used steam to see how much hours I have in it :) :) I will try disabling auto updates there should be a option in steam. I didn't try to bug linuxgurugamer I was just curious :)  He can support what he wants when he feels like it. Sorry that I appeared obnoxious.

1 hour ago, petbse said:

Sorry that I appeared obnoxious.

No, not obnoxious at all. 

Your question was very polite and respectful. 

Just a tip for the future, most all mod makers/maintainers do not like to be asked when/if they are going to release an update. 

Playing KSP from a copy does circumvent the "Time Played" thing, but there is a value in doing it this way.

The Steam copy of the game, if left untouched, will provide you with a permanent fresh clean install that you can re-copy if things go wrong with the one you are playing from.

Cheers.

Edited by TheKurgan

23 hours ago, petbse said:

Hi, will you support version KSP 1.7.3? Saddly it updated yesterday and if I try to downgrade to 1.7.2 (with changing the version in save file) all my ships disappear. I have otherwise great career going now. I will try 2.21.3 version if it by chance works with KSP 1.7.3.
I hoped that any 1.7.x version will be suported but it isn't that easy probably.
The KSP updates are now very very fast :)
Thanks for this mod anyway I just updated in the time I downloaded your mod so didn't have chance to try it but ability to dump excess oxidizer is great and the stock refueling needed some tweaking.

Please read what @TheKurgan said above regarding making a copy of the steam install.  It will save you lots of grief in the future.

The good news for you is that yes, it will be supported.  I just can' t update my build process that quickly, and for most of the mods out there no changes are necessary

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 10 months later...

@linuxgurugamer I've noticed a bug that seems to affect several mods. This mod being one of them.  MechJeb is another. If you have a PAW window open and mouse over an open GUI window from an affected, parts of the PAW window disappear. Some Mod GUI windows are affected and others aren't (KAC) so I'm curious if someone much more familiar with mod GUI windows could take a look and figure out what causes it. I'm asking you about it just because you've probably got more experience than just about anybody looking at GUI's from all sorts of different authors.

Maybe related, maybe not, maybe you've seen something similar. I've been having an issue for a while where PAW windows frequently open near the top of the display even when clicking on something near the bottom of my display.  Under where I have KER HUD displays.  Often the window disappears if I try to grab and move it, so I have to do gymastics to get the part in my view near where the PAW windows wants to spawn. The frustrating thing is I can't isolate what's a set of circumstances creates this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.