Science Labs in 1.1

I've placed my first space station in orbit on my new 1.1 career. I have a science lab crunching away at some data and I noticed that apparently in 1.1 once you put an experiment in the lab you don't get it back to be recovered or transmitted. My question is, once the lab finishes processing the data from these experiments, should I transmit it or recover the lab? What made me doubtful about this is the following note in the changelog: "Labs with science can now be recovered for science." So will i get the typical penalty if I transmit the generated science instead of recovering it, or does this just refer to recovering experiments that weren't processed? Thanks in advance.

No transmission penalty, because you're sending science points and not science data. The new thing in the changelog that you mentioned just means that if a lab has researched points, you have the option of recovering instead of transmitting. Previously if you recovered a lab that had researched science points in it, you wouldn't get those when you recovered. 

Definitely transmit. An MPL can only hold 500 science points at one time, so that's the most you can get if you recover the thing without transmitting. And they are very hard to land, of course.

As FullMetalMachinist said, there is no penalty on transmission of science, and you can transmit repeatedly. Keep in mind that it takes 6 points of electric charge to transmit 1 point of science, though -- make sure you have enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.