[1.1.3] [Kopernicus] Kumar's Dwarf Stars v0.3 [25July16]

ProtoJeb21

you have an error in this file

KDS\99KorionisSystem\99d-1\99d-1.cfg

Properties
		{
            description = Like with 99b-1, the only known moon of 99d is not a binary companion to its host body. 99d-1 is 46% the size of 99d, but has less than 1% the mass of its parent planet. Wait, remind me where the barycenter of the system is? Oh, yeah, never mind. They are a binary system, but a compact one at that.
            radius = 284000
            geeASL = 0.33
			rotationPeriod = 73249.5612
			rotates = true
			tidallyLocked = true
			initialRotation = 0
			isHomeWorld = false
			timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 4000 7000 29000 59000 95000 186000 190000

{
			}				
			ScienceValues
			{
				landedDataValue = 24.3
				splashedDataValue = 22
				flyingLowDataValue = 21.6
				flyingHighDataValue = 20.6
				inSpaceLowDataValue = 19.5
				inSpaceHighDataValue = 18.5
				recoveryValue = 23.55
				flyingAltitudeThreshold = 80000
				spaceAltitudeThreshold = 190000
			}
		}

you need to remove the two brackets you included before ScienceValues

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

you have an error in this file

KDS\99KorionisSystem\99d-1\99d-1.cfg

Properties
		{
            description = Like with 99b-1, the only known moon of 99d is not a binary companion to its host body. 99d-1 is 46% the size of 99d, but has less than 1% the mass of its parent planet. Wait, remind me where the barycenter of the system is? Oh, yeah, never mind. They are a binary system, but a compact one at that.
            radius = 284000
            geeASL = 0.33
			rotationPeriod = 73249.5612
			rotates = true
			tidallyLocked = true
			initialRotation = 0
			isHomeWorld = false
			timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 4000 7000 29000 59000 95000 186000 190000

{
			}				
			ScienceValues
			{
				landedDataValue = 24.3
				splashedDataValue = 22
				flyingLowDataValue = 21.6
				flyingHighDataValue = 20.6
				inSpaceLowDataValue = 19.5
				inSpaceHighDataValue = 18.5
				recoveryValue = 23.55
				flyingAltitudeThreshold = 80000
				spaceAltitudeThreshold = 190000
			}
		}

you need to remove the two brackets you included before ScienceValues

6 minutes ago, sentania said:

@ProtoJeb21 following up the issue @Sigma88 pointed out.  WIth the cfg error the game refuses to load with sigma dimensions installed.  With those extra brackets removed, it behaves just like IA Revived does, errors when by itself, causes a hang when coupled with a working pack.

The double brackets are where the biome values would be. However, I have no biomes for those planets and I once found out that those brackets are the only way to keep biome-less planets working. I tried loading one up without brackets, but it failed. So I'll put biomes on a to-do list for KDS.

On July 10, 2016 at 11:19 AM, electricpants said:

You should add the other four "stars".

PLEASE. I just want seven solar systems, so Kerbol can be a septuple system! :D

I'm working on something you will really like. Stay tuned :wink: 

15 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

The double brackets are where the biome values would be. However, I have no biomes for those planets and I once found out that those brackets are the only way to keep biome-less planets working. I tried loading one up without brackets, but it failed. So I'll put biomes on a to-do list for KDS.

this is not true, drop the brackets. it's a bad bug and it's breaking modulemanager.

I was forced to open a modulemanager issue to account for people not being able to write modulemanager patches

if you don't believe me ask sarbian or blowfish

14 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Looks great! But a word of suggestion would be that you make the Brown Dwarf more purple-ish as that's how they appear IRL.

Not a bad idea! I just started to work on it, and it created some interesting but non-realistic results. The new star and dwarf colors will be in 0.2.1.

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

this is not true, drop the brackets. it's a bad bug and it's breaking modulemanager.

I was forced to open a modulemanager issue to account for people not being able to write modulemanager patches

if you don't believe me ask sarbian or blowfish

Don't worry, I've removed the double brackets for version 0.2.1, which I will release today.

Version 0.2.1 of Kumar's Dwarf stars is out! The bugs have finally been fixed, so now I can work on the next solar system. It should be released in a few days if I can ever stop going through light curves on Planet Hunters...

@Red Iron Crown I forgot that Kumar's Dwarf Stars was still on Add-on Development; can you move it to Add-on Releases?

Edited by ProtoJeb21

KDS UPDATE: Version 0.3 is coming within 2 days, as soon as I get Kopernicus to load up my planet packs and when I stop getting severe thunderstorms twice or thrice a week. The new solar system being added, Keplar, will be the FIRST to use Kittopia-made textures for its terrestrial planets and moons. The gas giants for every system are getting the new and really detailed gas planet textures from Space Engine 0.9.7.4 patch 9. I plan on making new textures with Kittopia for the other terrestrial bodies in the mod. Also, I got Sigma Binary to work on the members of the Keplar system, along with 99d and 99d-1. Thanks, @Sigma88!

Also, for a later version of Kumar's Dwarf Stars, should I add an analog system to K2-72?

Edited by ProtoJeb21

KUMAR'S DWARF STARS

v0.3

Also, new update layout!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

-Retextured 99e.

-Increased the mass of 99 Korionis.

-Slightly decreased the radius of 99 Korionis.

-Increased the semi-major axes of the planets around 99 Korionis.

-Made 99d and 99d-1 into a binary system with Sigma Binary.

-Added the Keplar System.

-Used Sigma Binary on the Keplar System.

-Added the planets KeplarAb, KeplarAc, KeplarAd, and KeplarAe to KeplarA.

-Added the forming planet KeplarBb to KeplarB.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Is this mod dead?

Quack no! I just haven't had the time these last few weeks with school starting up and stuff like that. I also haven't been able to finish version 1.0 of IA-Revived yet, but I'm very close!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 7:16 PM, Nigel☆Hans said:

Im freezing up at 99b texture image files

Maybe you have a bad computer/laptop, or a computer/laptop that can't run KSP very well, especially with mods?

Wait, actually I think it might be that the current version is incompatible with KSP 1.2/1.2.1.

I'm not sure though.

Hey ! electricpants ! nice work dude ! i'm just playing now the new planets system.. i have tweaked almost all mods with graphic content in the past (not a moder maker) i have some quite big experience in finding isues's of mods, and in this mod i find a bug related to fps.. and is very important. i have a powerfull pc POWERFULL its working well all fine until... lets give you a exemple.. in space 100000 above kerbin (orbit) i have 85 fps CONSTANT (85 fps forced cap for 85 hz monitor vsync enable).. if you stay there for about 2-3 minutes  , the frames start to drop a litlle by little..and in the end , after about 4-5 minutes fps goes down to a medium 55-60 fps.. and stay all the time at 50-60..so it's a bug somewhere... becouse when i delete the mod is working fine stay 85 fps even half hour (same setings graphic. Let's resolve together this isue (big for me) couse i want to play with your planets ! .. i will continue investigation tomorow in cfg-s, or maybe is somehow related to specific kopernicus.dll.. becouse when ksp 1.1.3 was pop-out the same problem was with this (or maybe another mod with planets?), and all have i done was to replace the kopernicus 1.0.5 with 1.0.4 and bug was disapear. here is exemple of that bug in -  minute - 14:00 . And oh.. was from ksprc..

Yes is almost done.. i almost find what cause this issue with fps.. so the mod himself is not the problem... compability with sve/eve is the problem. ok i go to understand exactly what cause this issue. BRB... EDIT : - i manage to understand that this mod is somehow causing problems fps with combination of scatterer,but i cant manage to understand exactly why..so.. this mod with any mod is fine, but only with the scatterer is causing the fps to drop little by little.. and without a scatterer the graphics is low... SOLVED temporarly is to quick save and quick load or faster just escape/options/and change texture to high or medium etc, and you will have again constant 85 fps another 2-3 minutes, and repeeat the same procedure.. but if i had a 60 hz and 60 fps monitor, this problem wouldnt be a problem anymore.. The end for the moment.. 

Edited by Istrati
more chat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.