Hello.

So I've run into some issues with battery power during the latest build. I'll build a ship with a manned space pod, and I'll attach batteries to the fuel tanks to give it more power. But it seems that when it comes to prioritizing power usage, my ship prefers to draw power from the command module first, then the batteries themselves. When I separate my command pod from my fuel tanks preparing for reeentry, I find that I have no power left in my command modules. As a result, I cannot orient my ship so that the heat shield is pointing in the retrograde position, and my ship burns up in the atmosphere. Is this a bug, or am I doing somehting wrong?

Well, it's consistent behaviour with 1.0.5

QmNxRvfuXPUCK5NrnUyo2HtPJesfKTK7qDqbDcH9

EC using parts will drain from all EC sources equally, and as your pod usually has the least EC it'll be drained before any other.

There is a flow control on every EC containing part, exactly like with fuel, so you can turn EC usage on pods off until you need it.

Ugh. Forgive me, but that sounds hella frustrating.

Drawing battery power from all sources below the neck is one thing. If I have four batteries, I would expect them to drain equally. But from the Command Pod? Yes, I could manually transfer power. Or manually turn off power flow from the Command Pod. But should I really have to? Every single mission? It just seems to me that Command Pod power should always go last by default. I can't think of a scenario where anyone would plan it any other way. It just seems to me that this change puts more work on the player that doesn't need to be there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.