[1.1.2] KSPCasher: Cash Economy Rebalance [0.2.1] 22 May 2016

astat

@astat

Four ideas to really make this mod shine:

1.  Give the players the option to convert their science to funds directly (rather than it being the default option) - some players may want to simply retain their science currency.

2. Give players the option to convert their funds into science.

3. Give players the option to keep science as the currency for node research.

4. Allow players to optionally specify a conversion fee of 10% (or whatever they want) between science and funds, and vice versa. If you want to, by default you could tie the fee to the reputation of the player, where better reputation reduces the conversion fee, a 20% fee being the max conversion fee for a negative reputation.

Please see:

Edited by inigma

I would love to see this this mod split into these functions:

1. KSPCasherRep  (10 funds per rep point, daily).

2. KSPCasher (presents a simple GUI to convert science to funds, and funds to science)

3. KSPCasherFee (adds to KSPCasher the ability to charge a fee set by the player dependent on current reputation that is set by the player)

4. KSPCasherTech (allows a player who is lacking the science to acquire a certain node, to purchase on the fly the required science using the rates set in KSPCasher)

Thoughts?

23 hours ago, inigma said:

I would love to see this this mod split into these functions:

1. KSPCasherRep  (10 funds per rep point, daily).

2. KSPCasher (presents a simple GUI to convert science to funds, and funds to science)

3. KSPCasherFee (adds to KSPCasher the ability to charge a fee set by the player dependent on current reputation that is set by the player)

4. KSPCasherTech (allows a player who is lacking the science to acquire a certain node, to purchase on the fly the required science using the rates set in KSPCasher)

Thoughts?

I like a lot of what I am hearing; career mode needs some love and this mod has a lot of potential. Although I get the impression this mod already achieves what it sets out to do, further building on the conversion aspect would not be amiss, Cashing in rep would be another idea (call it "Shady Deals" or something) but might be outside the scope; but rep is another currency that doesn't do much outside of mods.

Would be nice to hear the author chime in.

• 3 weeks later...

@inigma I very much like your ideas - The way that I want to play I'd disconnect science entirely from nodes and funds - it would just be a number that increases as you play. I'd practically run a Sandbox save, but with science enabled (To keep a score and give me something to do) and a weekly budget to keep me from cranking out rockets within week one.

• 2 months later...

Since it's not happened, and I would love to see this mod continued - are there any plans for additional releases/features for this mod? It's working well enough w/ 1.1.3, but the ideas discussed back in June don't seem to have gone anywhere.

• 1 month later...

If anyone's interested, I've recompiled this for 1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxje50j0fi7imht/KSPCasher.dll?dl=0

Download the mod, then replace the dll with my one.

The old bug where it awards a budget on every scene change still exists, I've fixed it in the editor, but it will take a little more work to get it working elsewhere, which I may/may not do if @astat doesn't come back.

Edited by severedsolo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.