Wraithforge (BD Armory addon)

Wraith977

Addon for BD Armory currently containing several weapons made by various divisions of Denel in South Africa.

e3Xddkf.png

eRXI7xs.png

Download: 

fsbUaE5.png

HNR4NHC.png

Pack currently contains fourteen parts (five turrets, one missile launcher one bomb and seven missiles,) more are planned and in the process of being made but this is what I've done so far.

Missiles

• Denel A-Darter.
  • Denel Al-Tariq.
  • Denel Mokopa.
  • Denel R-Darter.
  • Denel ZT3-Ingwe - Fires from ZT3-Ingwe launcher (it no longer fits in the TOW launcher :c)
  • Denel Umkhonto-IR.
  • Denel Umkhonto-R.

Turrets / Launchers

• Denel 35mm Dual Purpose Gun.
  • Denel G6 Howitzer.
  • Denel LMT-105.
  • Denel LMT-105 Canister.
  • Denel GI-2 Helicopter Autocannon.
  • Denel ZT3-Ingwe Fixed Launcher.

Bombs

• Denel CB-470 Cluster Bomb

Current version: 0.2

Changelog

• Added new models for Al-Tariq and G-6.
  • Removed desert camo textures and BDAnimation Modules texture switching code in cfgs.
  • Minor changes to several cfgs.

• Re-added G-6 and Al-tariq parts I had accidentally left out.

• Updated cfgs to work with the latest BDA pre-release version (V1.1.0)
  • Deleted BDAnimation Modules due to lack of texture switching feature and causing crashes

• Added redone models for missiles and some turrets.
  • Changed some stats.
  • New cluster bomb, the CB-470.
  • Texture switching for camouflage.
  • Packaged with BDAnimation Modules for texture switching.

NOTE: I may not have been as diligent as I should have in remaking some parts and the sizes of most of the parts have changed; This may break vehicles with these parts attached or make them look strange.

• Fixed model for GI-2 *sorry about that.
  • Changed name of Ingwe fixed launcher to make it easier to find.
  • Changed collision mesh for Ingwe fixed launcher, missiles placed inside can now be selected, should also put less strain on the game.

• Retextured most existing parts.
  • Remodeled ZT3-Ingwe and LMT-105 (slightly).
  • Fixed incorrect normal orientation in almost every muzzle brake.
  • Added LMT-105 Canister Varient.
  • Added ZT3-Ingwe Fixed Launcher (with the added booster the ZT3 no longer fits in the TOW launcher.
  • Added Mokopa ATGM.
  • Added Umkhonto-IR.
  • Revised particle effects (still needs some work...)
  • Usual cfg tweaks and fixes.
  • Added license as per form addon rules.

• Hotfix for name of A-Darter and GI-2 Helicopter Autocannon.
  • Minor tweaks to config files, mainly Al-tariq.

• Particle effect fixes (world to local velocities) and improvements.
  • All model textures changed to .dds format.
  • Added two new weapons. Denel Umkhonto-R and Denel GI-2 Helicopter Autocannon.
  • Minor tweaks to config files.

• Changed all textures to .pngs.
  • fixed paths in Agencies config.

• Initial release.

Upcoming stuff

Spoiler

OMT .50 Cal turret (wont be in next update, needs a lot more work)

fx0rWkz.png

Note that this is a work in progress, if something doesn't work (with the models, I can't fix the BD Armory modules if they are broken) tell me and I'll look into it. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Edited by Wraith977

12 hours ago, Acea said:

Looking forward to more weapons:)

For the DDS issue just don't convert normal maps and leave them in PNG format.

I'm very new to this, I followed @LORDPrometheus's tutorials as far as I could (massive thanks to him,) but I can't see a normal map anywhere, or how to generate one. what I could dois just make all textures .pngs like they are in the BD Armory main mod, this works fine and reduces the size to about a third of what is is as .MBM. This will also be a lot simpler than sorting out the whole dds issue, the size reduction from .png to .dds is pretty small for most of my textures.

For reference this is the problem I get when the texture is a .dds ->

Spoiler

wQmdYpJ.png

Update 0.1.3

• Particle effect fixes (world to local velocities.)
  • All model textures changed to .dds for smaller sizes and better load time.
  • Added two more weapons, Denel Umkhonto-R and Denel GI-2 Helicopter Autocannon.
  • Minor tweaks to config files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 0.1.4

• Retextured most existing parts.
  • Remodeled ZT3-Ingwe and LMT-105 (slightly).
  • Fixed incorrect normal orientation in almost every muzzle brake.
  • Added LMT-105 Canister Varient.
  • Added ZT3-Ingwe Fixed Launcher (with the added booster the ZT3 no longer fits in the TOW launcher.
  • Added Mokopa ATGM.
  • Added Umkhonto-IR.
  • Revised particle effects (still needs some work...)
  • Usual cfg tweaks and fixes.
  • Added license as per form addon rules.

On 28/05/2016 at 3:07 PM, ckirky said:

quick suggestion for you, make an imgur album, may help interest all the newcomers to the mod and show them all of the parts, not just the 4 you show currently.

Thanks for the suggestion. Put together a quick collection of screenshots of parts that I don't intend to change for a while, the only problem is that I'm not happy with most of the turrets and so I'll probably be remodelling them soon. Since it can take quite a while to get some nice images for an album (especially with the constant crashes), I don't want to spend hours making images that will be outdated within a week, I'll add to it as I'm happy with the parts.

What I might end up doing (especially if people want it since it would take a long time to do) is to model the chassis of the vehicles that the turrets are meant to fit on, maybe even do some IVAs if I can teach myself how. This would make for very easily made combat vehicles to use.

• 1 month later...

Status update

BDArmory seems to work in 1.1.3 so I've been working a bit more on getting everything redone, so far I've finished modelling and texturing all missiles except the Al-Tariq - the wing kit is being an absolute nightmare to model correctly. I've also remodelled the LMT-105 and the 35mm DPG, the LMT is currently untextured and something went wrong with the DPG texture so I'm going to have to redo that as well. Anyhow, here's some pics of the new missiles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2016 at 0:01 AM, andreasblom said:

very high quality models and textures!

Thank you! Now if only I could stop finding new things to add so I can release everything I've redone... The only parts left really are the GI-2 and the G-6 but life has gotten in the way so it's taking a lot longer than I'd like.

On a separate note though should the parts be in the stock alike plain white colour or in a realistic desert camouflage? I should probably mention that I have started working on the chassis of at least the olifant tank for now so mismatching colours on vehicles shouldn't be a problem with the camo colour... All purely naval and aerial weapons would also retain their white colours.

Spoiler

7GFagKj.png

STTL78K.png

kKH86px.png

hV55kqN.png

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I like the dusty camo much more than the white, but then i have no fascination with the need to be "stock alike"

Well the tank panels are gray so it feng shui's better

On 9/3/2016 at 8:07 PM, Wraith977 said:

Thank you! Now if only I could stop finding new things to add so I can release everything I've redone... The only parts left really are the GI-2 and the G-6 but life has gotten in the way so it's taking a lot longer than I'd like.

On a separate note though should the parts be in the stock alike plain white colour or in a realistic desert camouflage? I should probably mention that I have started working on the chassis of at least the olifant tank for now so mismatching colours on vehicles shouldn't be a problem with the camo colour... All purely naval and aerial weapons would also retain their white colours.

Reveal hidden contents

7GFagKj.png

STTL78K.png

kKH86px.png

hV55kqN.png

Why not both? couldn't this work with the skinswitcher module of firespitter or just have two

On 05/09/2016 at 2:34 AM, andreasblom said:

Why not both? couldn't this work with the skinswitcher module of firespitter or just have two

May have found another solution to have both available, testing it now. The only problem with having more that one texture per part is the size grows very quickly, the size of textures usually being more twice the size of the models.

EDIT: And it works. Used the BDAnimation Modules texture switcher, technically I could even add more camouflage options as long as it doesn't get too big.

Spoiler

e3JrSVO.png

Q8bJXOF.png

Edited by Wraith977

4 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

EDIT: And it works. Used the BDAnimation Modules texture switcher, technically I could even add more camouflage options as long as it doesn't get too big.

Hide contents

That is a very nice alternative, and I didn't know that the BD animation module had a texture switcher feature, is it set up in a similar way to firespitters? if you know that is. :)

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That is a very nice alternative, and I didn't know that the BD animation module had a texture switcher feature, is it set up in a similar way to firespitters? if you know that is. :)

I don't know sadly, cfg setup for the A darter as shown looks like this ->

MODULE
    {
        name = BDTextureSwitch
        moduleID = 0
        objectNames = missileBody;missileScope
        textureRootFolder = Wraithforge/Parts/A-Darter/
        textureNames = A-DarterFinal;A-DarterFinalDesert
        textureDisplayNames = Default;Desert
        nextButtonText = Toggle Camouflage
        statusText = Camouflage
        switchableInFlight = false
        //showPreviousButton = false
    }

Got the idea when I randomly remembered that the adjustable landing gear had a texture switch option between heat shielded / unshielded and thought to try it out, version of BDAnimation Modules in the adjustable landing gear download didn't work but luckily PapaJoe recompiled it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDAnimationModules/releases

The adjustable landing gear also has its asset parameters set up differently but I'm not sure if it's actually needed, I changed mine to conform just in case...

// --- asset parameters ---
	MODEL
	{
		model = Wraithforge/Parts/A-Darter/model
		texture = texture, Wraithforge/Parts/A-Darter/A-DarterFinal
	}
	rescaleFactor = 1

Hi yes that's pretty much exactly as i expected and the change over should be easy, BD produced so much that it's almost impossible to know exactly what all of it does, thanks for the very useful find and info.
 I do most of my newer cfg's that way, it makes texture and folder sharing extremely straightforward and trouble free,  as well as opening  up the option for easily swappable textures..  There no reason to use that method if you don't intend to do any of those things though,  and the mesh=model mu is fine, though i hate the ambiguity (what the hell is model.mu in the log when there's 60 of them)

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, RushilP said:

Quick Question; Has this mod been updated to 1.2.1?

Yes, yes I know, I shouldn't be asking,, it's up to the mod devs to update as and when they wish.

But I was just wondering, since nothing has been said.

I honestly haven't checked it myself - I'm right in the middle of final exams so this is pretty low on my priority list right now - but it should work. That being said though I haven't gotten around to releasing the stuff I've reworked yet; depending on how long I think it'll take to finish everything though I might update the release with what I've done so far after I've tested it and just put in the rest when it's done...

• 1 month later...

Update 0.1.4.2

• Added redone models for missiles and some turrets.
  • Changed some stats.
  • New cluster bomb, the CB-470.
  • Texture switching for camouflage.
  • Packaged with BDAnimation Modules for texture switching.

NOTE: I may not have been as diligent as I should have in remaking some parts and the sizes of most of the parts have changed; This may break vehicles with these parts attached or make them look strange, I hope I haven't broken anything this time...

The model and textures for the G6 are done but there's a strange issue where the gun will recoil and consume shells in seconds but not fire any rounds so that's not included. The only other time I saw this was when a transform was missing from another part but that's not the case here so I'll have to look at that some more.

I'm still not happy with the Al-tariq wing kit, despite having "finished" it about seven times so that's also not in yet.

Once those two parts are done the next step is optimising UV maps and textures, especially with larger parts where it starts to look stretched. I'll then want to look at better ways of doing ammo belt-feeds to improve the GI-2 and in preparation for the next bunch of parts I want to add.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.