Wraithforge (BD Armory addon)

Wraith977

@Wraith977 overall your mod is awesome but just some friendly ideas from me would be:

make the new turret taller and less wide/long, right now it is super thin and quite wide and long

the new cluster bomb weighs a lot. At .5 ton each dropping one from one side of a plane and not the one from the otherside throws off weight balance quite a lot

clarify the difference between the two older tank turets a bit, right now its not totally clear what the difference is between them

Other than that, keep being awesome!

2 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

@Wraith977 overall your mod is awesome but just some friendly ideas from me would be:

make the new turret taller and less wide/long, right now it is super thin and quite wide and long

the new cluster bomb weighs a lot. At .5 ton each dropping one from one side of a plane and not the one from the otherside throws off weight balance quite a lot

clarify the difference between the two older tank turets a bit, right now its not totally clear what the difference is between them

Other than that, keep being awesome!

Put an M1 Abrams turret on top of the Olifant Mk2 turret in the SPH, now tell me which one is super thin and quite wide and long :D. It really only seems that way because of the rather flat sides and the "wedge" angling of the front armour and it looks a lot better when on its chassis (still a WIP). That being said, setting the dimensions of the turret did entail a lot of guesswork and figuring the proportions between the turret and the only real values I had to work from which was the centurion chassis so I might make it a bit taller, making it any thinner or shorter makes it look silly on the chassis.

The CB-470 should weigh .45 tonnes, less than the CBU-87. The weight and dimensions of the bomb were taken from the SAAF's page on it here: http://www.saairforce.co.za/the-airforce/weapons/37/cb-470-cluster-bomb

I'm not sure what you mean, "the difference between the two older tank turrets." If you mean between the LMT-105 and the LMT-105 Canister... Well one shoots a solid exploding round and the other fires a canister shot, they're two separate parts because I couldn't find a way to change models (and cfgs) in a single part.

7 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

Put an M1 Abrams turret on top of the Olifant Mk2 turret in the SPH, now tell me which one is super thin and quite wide and long :D. It really only seems that way because of the rather flat sides and the "wedge" angling of the front armour and it looks a lot better when on its chassis (still a WIP). That being said, setting the dimensions of the turret did entail a lot of guesswork and figuring the proportions between the turret and the only real values I had to work from which was the centurion chassis so I might make it a bit taller, making it any thinner or shorter makes it look silly on the chassis.

The CB-470 should weigh .45 tonnes, less than the CBU-87. The weight and dimensions of the bomb were taken from the SAAF's page on it here: http://www.saairforce.co.za/the-airforce/weapons/37/cb-470-cluster-bomb

I'm not sure what you mean, "the difference between the two older tank turrets." If you mean between the LMT-105 and the LMT-105 Canister... Well one shoots a solid exploding round and the other fires a canister shot, they're two separate parts because I couldn't find a way to change models (and cfgs) in a single part.

well touche, Ill just go back to the back of the peanut gallery now lol

and yeah I get that, twas just advice on the practicallity of it. Its basically now usable at its current weight is all

that is what I meant. But does that mean any difference in game, i.e. more/less range or damage or what not. Might be helpful to throw that kind of info into the parts description

15 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

that is what I meant. But does that mean any difference in game, i.e. more/less range or damage or what not. Might be helpful to throw that kind of info into the parts description

The canister variant is weaker at pretty much everything in KSP; the rounds spread as they travel, they don't have the explosive element (anything that isn't directly hit isn't damaged) and the muzzle velocity is almost half that of the normal shot variant. I made it just to see if it could be done and then just sort of left it in there. It can be pretty fun to play around with though, try attacking a few set up on guard with an aircraft.as a somewhat different threat to have to avoid (or alternately try taking out attacking aircraft with it :P)...

• 10 months later...
18 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

@Wraith977 you still working on this man?

Haven't been for a long time, haven't even played KSP for a long time either... I keep planning on coming back and working on this but ultimately so far every time it seemed as though I would have some free time to work on this something else came up. I'll see if I can't make some time in the next few weeks though, get everything updated and see what needs fixing.

8 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Haven't been for a long time, haven't even played KSP for a long time either... I keep planning on coming back and working on this but ultimately so far every time it seemed as though I would have some free time to work on this something else came up. I'll see if I can't make some time in the next few weeks though, get everything updated and see what needs fixing.

Cool if you need any help feel free to message me. Alternatively I will gladly run the mod in your absence(with credit of course) if you would rather go that route?

• 1 month later...

I put some time on the weekend into finding what was wrong and getting as much working as possible and got every part save the G6 and the al-tariq working properly. The parts I did get working were all relatively simple cfg changes and removing the outdated BD Animation Modules (BahaSP) - the texture switcher module I was using doesn't seem to be in the updated BD Animation Modules so it's rather pointless keeping it in there anyways.

The parts I was not able to get working (the G6 and the al-tariq) are both new models and required fixing/completion in unity which has since updating it started acting strangely. If I can manage to get my unity in working order again I will fix the remaining parts and release an update with all parts when that's done. If I can't get my unity working again within the next few days or so I'll just release an update with what I have got working - I will be able to update the cfgs for the G6 and al-tariq so everything will work, there will just be no new models.

Due to the time it will likely take for me to finish the remaining parts I decided to just release what I had and update with the new models when they're done. My unity is working again but most of the parts within were by some means broken so it's going to take some time for me to get everything finished. Unless I messed up somewhere along the line everything in the latest update should work with BDA v1.1.0. If I did mess up somewhere please do the favour of informing me so I can fix it.

Update 0.2

• Added new models for Al-Tariq and G-6.
  • Removed desert camo textures and BDAnimation Modules texture switching code in cfgs.
  • Minor changes to several cfgs.

Only took me just over a year to get the new G-6 and Al-Tariq models finished and uploaded, that's not too long right... As usual with model updates, sizes and such have changed so vehicles with those parts installed on them might look (or actually be,) a bit broken.

• 1 month later...
On 24/02/2018 at 6:50 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

Would you consider making an anti radar missile like the harm but make it small enough to fit multiple of them in a mk2 cargo bay and have very long range?

This mod is specifically for South African weapons and as far I as I can tell South Africa doesn't have anything of the sort. If you're asking for something separate from this mod then I have to say that I just don't have the spare time. I barely have enough to keep working on this mod, let alone special other pieces right now, sorry.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:31 AM, Wraith977 said:

This mod is specifically for South African weapons and as far I as I can tell South Africa doesn't have anything of the sort. If you're asking for something separate from this mod then I have to say that I just don't have the spare time. I barely have enough to keep working on this mod, let alone special other pieces right now, sorry.

Oh i thought they were just something you made up not even realizing they were real life designs

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.