Scott Manley's greatest Kerbal Space Program series

KerbalCorgi

What is Scott Manley's best Kerbal Space Program series?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What is Scott Manley's best Kerbal Space Program series?

• The Interstellar Quest
    • Eve or Bust
    • Tylo or Bust
    • Serious Business- Realistic Kerbal Space Program
    • Kerbal Career Mode Tutorial
    • Reusable Space Program

Interstellar Quest definitely gets my vote. I like the other series as well, but his "serious business" series doesn't really do it for me. I'm all about realism in KSP and I play with all the RO recommended mods, but Scott's rockets in that series makes no sence and looks like 12 clowns threw up on them :P I mean come on, green, blue and orange tanks with engines from every country in the world on the same rocket with solid motors attached underneath the liquid engines. Would be a lot cooler if he either built replicas of real rockets or used actual replicas from Kartoffelkuchen, NecroBones or Shadowmage.

I vote Interstellar Quest as well.  There is 100+ episodes ready for bingewatching.  His latest one is now in Real Solar System is just starting to get good with him able to do more interesting missions.

20 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

I find all his series really boring sadly. His live steams are a bit more interesting though. 

Funny, I am just the opposite. The (recorded) live streams have so much jibber jabber about side topics and randomness.  He'll say hello to "SpaceRanger27" and various other people that say hello in a chat etc.  To me, I prefer the condensed videos of him talking about relevant things and accomplishing something in the video.  The livestreams where he makes silly things are indeed fun though.

I like the Serious Business series. :) Realism Overhaul, RSS, Realistic Progression, procedural fuel tanks, career mode... all things I never use.

(Just kidding, I've been really into a very stock career playthrough since 1.1.2 came out. :) )

I LOVED Tylo or Bust. It was a small series, but it was entertaining to watch. Great time killer. Interstellar Quest (And the Ending) really were great, but not the best forsay. Serious Business is fun to watch too, but I wished he uploaded faster. Eve or Bust was really boring to me, to be honest. Reusable Space Program was just refuelling and docking and that got boring. KSP Career Mode tutorials really helped me take off into KSP, so that was useful.

I liked interstellar quest the most, as I was playing on the same version at the time, I had a handfull of similar mods. However, with complex mods like that interstellar with the nuclear generators, and radio micro beaming energy accross the kerbol system its good to see how its done. It was inevitable that series had to end but an alright ending non the less. 

Since then, I havn't watched much but after his new series starts, later on bugs and problems start showing and that bugs me. I think its down to the mods not working with each other, i dont know. But if he starts talking about how he has to do this or that to make the game work again then i think its not worth it, not even worth watching .

The best part about the interstallar quest was that he didn't go too overboard with the mods and he was making massive complex intricate mother ships and I really felt for him as some single manuvers you know he would have spent all night on knowing the series wont go on without. So well played to him Mr. Scott Manley, to this day inspires my Space Kerbal project. 
And even though the NaN thing happened because the game was broken, he made a good joke/story out of it. Bit of a let down, but if i recall he got the big ship home. 

Edited by keeper

1 hour ago, heliobyte said:

Interstellar Quest definitely gets my vote. I like the other series as well, but his "serious business" series doesn't really do it for me. I'm all about realism in KSP and I play with all the RO recommended mods, but Scott's rockets in that series makes no sence and looks like 12 clowns threw up on them :P I mean come on, green, blue and orange tanks with engines from every country in the world on the same rocket with solid motors attached underneath the liquid engines. Would be a lot cooler if he either built replicas of real rockets or used actual replicas from Kartoffelkuchen, NecroBones or Shadowmage.

The power of KSP is creativity, my friend, and that usually affects the spacecraft we fly.

*Determination.  i voted interstellar quest

Interstellar quest was an epic that hit me at a particular place in my KSP career.  I didn't use the mod though I had hoped to someday, but that series was probably my favorite YouTube watching experience of all times.

Oh man, when the Duna megaship came apart on the livestream, which I happened to be watching live.  Gripping- almost an 'I remember where I was when..'  moment.

And I have never taken off in a plane from the alternate launchpad/easter egg since I saw his plane get destroyed by a mysterious 'Kerbin anamaly' soon after takeoff.  It wasn't until a recent re watch that I happened to notice a whack a kerbal ball bouncing through the scene, and I realized I'd been fooled, all those years ago.  Well played Mr. Manley..  well played.

Good times.  Interstellar quest gets my vote.

Edited by Aethon

Re-usable Space Program was my favorite. It was not too heavily modded and it showed off what we as humankind can hope to achieve: A regular day in space, with all of the excitement happening outside of LKO/LEO. It would be kind of interesting to see someone attempt a Reusable Real Solar System Space Program.

Personally, I prefer Danny2462's Messing Around in Kerbal Space Program...

But the Interstellar Quest had sheer scale behind it, and is not dissimilar to the Mission Reports... It's entertaining in the same way that 2001: A Space Odyssey is entertaining.

I prefer the format of the series. He talks about interesting things, but between the tedious maneuver node setups, waiting for things to happen, and the somewhat haphazard, stream-of-conciousness manner of the chat and discussion, the streams are difficult for me to watch, while the series videos are nicely packaged.

That said, I generally prefer the content in the streams. The "okay, let's do this kind of thing today" attitude and process is fun to see.

Serious Buisness.

Tutorials were well done, but I'd already been playing for a year when his career play-through hit.

Watched a bit of both Reusable and Interstellar quest. They were good, but not good enough for me to make the time commitment to watch every episode.

On 5/8/2016 at 8:40 PM, Scarecrow said:

I liked his tutorial vids when I was learning to play KSP,

^^This^^  Scotts tutorials are generally well put together and pretty informative. I've no reason to watch the whole series though.

Other than tutorials I don't really get video series, and really can't understand live streams.  Why would I want to watch someone else playing a video game rather than playing it myself? When I can't work out how to do something I'll turn to the internet and youtube is a great source of tutorial videos, and with Scotts stuff I know I'll get some useful information rather than some spanner who know less than I do bumbling around and failing to do something that I can already fail pretty well at.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Keep it clean, please.

Interstellar Quest is definitely my favorite, followed by Reusable Space Program. I watch his newest "series", and while I don't mind his mixing up of different engines and stuff, I wish he'd take more time doing it. It sometimes seems to me really slapped together in a hurry...

How did you miss "real life kerbal rocketry"?  There might only have been a few ones, but I think he's grouped it into its own play list.  Topics include:

Orion:  The most greatest rocket ever conceived (that can be built with existing tech).  Also the most kerbal.

Space cannon: even more Kerbal, but not terribly realistic.

Real life command chair.

Of the choices offered, I'd go with career mode tutorial.  The others tend to be "here's a ship" without how it was built.

I enjoyed the premise of the re-usable space program, but it's a bit old now and KSP has moved on so it's less relevant to current KSP. Serious business feels a bit too much like falling between the cracks of fun game and pure realism for my taste. For the pure realism I prefer Bob Fitch's Project Alexandria which recreates the real world space flight milestones (with more lights). If you're doing realism, then actually doing realism feels like a better approach to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.