[KSP 1.1.3] RSS DateTime Formatter v1.0

Agathorn

RSS DateTime Formatter

This is a very basic mod with one function, to replace the stock KSP displays of times and dates with an approach better suited for RSS players.  This includes things like showing calendar dates rather than awkward formats like "Year 5, Day 200".

REmBTyq.png

License: CC-BY-NC-SA

Source Code: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter

Latest Release: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter/releases/latest

Edited by Agathorn

first! I approve!  My goal is to parallel a space program with the years matching up to the real ones and without  them going wacky due to time warping stuff!  Holy crapp that should be a reddit challenge :P  My starting year would be about 1942 and I would start the career mode with BD armoury and do all the WW2 tanks and fighter planes with bombers and stuff!

Edited by lextacy

It's the little things like this mod that make RSS more palatable for those on the fence (like me) as to whether to give it a full playthrough or not. So thankyou, Agathorn, you made my anticipation for RO to be fully updated to 1.1.2 even higher. :)

Edited by Stevie_D

Currently the date format uses whatever your defined 'locale' is in your operating system.  In the future I am considering building an options UI to allow for manual control over these things, but that probably won't come for a bit.

48 minutes ago, rsparkyc said:

Are there plans for this to be pushed to CKAN?

Eventually.  I need to get around to setting up the NETKAN stuff, which I will probably do at the same time I set up the automated release system.  Needs AVC as well.

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

For my own clarification - does this require RSS, or will this apply similar functionality to stock? I'm not really clear on that from your OP.

This has no dependancies.  It was written for RSS but can be used without if desired.  Bear in mind it does expect time to be in Earth time though, and dates are based on a epoch of 1/1/1950 at the moment, though that will probably be moved into a config later.

SO it'll still use 24 hours days vs the 6 hour Kerbin one? Unfortunate - I'd love to see something similar that still uses the stock timing. I have a hard enough time getting out to the Mun and Minmus, let alone outside the local neighborhood to even think about doing RSS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.