[KSP 1.1.3] RSS DateTime Formatter v1.0

Agathorn

If I had the least idea of coding in any way shape or form, I'd likely take you up on that. Unfortunately, I'm old, almost retired from my first career, and simply don't have enough time to learn all the stuff I'd like to learn. I appreciate the offer though, Kell - and all the work and effort you put in to pretty much everything here.

@Agathorn

There is currently an incompatibility with this mod and CapCom/Contract Window +. I contacted the author of that mod when I first encounter it and he stated it was likely due to using this mod. I was wondering if you would be willing to help add compatibility when using this mod with either of those 2 mods. Details here. Not trying to speak for anyone just an end user proactively trying to quell incompatibilities. Thanks!

On 5/15/2016 at 6:21 PM, Svm420 said:

@Agathorn

There is currently an incompatibility with this mod and CapCom/Contract Window +. I contacted the author of that mod when I first encounter it and he stated it was likely due to using this mod. I was wondering if you would be willing to help add compatibility when using this mod with either of those 2 mods. Details here. Not trying to speak for anyone just an end user proactively trying to quell incompatibilities. Thanks!

18 hours ago, Agathorn said:

It is being looked at.  Just working to find the best overall way to deal with the issue rather than hacky hack.

I added an issue here to help track this against: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter/issues/1

• 5 weeks later...
On May 18, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Agathorn said:

It is being looked at.  Just working to find the best overall way to deal with the issue rather than hacky hack.

Any news? Can the incompatibility be fixed? Just curious as not much as been said or done since, and I wasn't sure where the fix was needed/coming from. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Any news? Can the incompatibility be fixed? Just curious as not much as been said or done since, and I wasn't sure where the fix was needed/coming from. Thanks!

Sorry.  The hope was KSP 1.1.3 was going to fix it, but alas that isn't going to be the case :(

I need to talk with @DMagic , as I thought he already had implemented a work around but if that isn't the case then i'll figure something out.

I hear the time format is set by the localization which mono uses, correct? Then I think I'm looking in the wrong place since my OS (win7) follows the normal time format everywhere (time settings and all) but this mod in KSP. Would someone care to point me in the right direction?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 6:51 AM, Ixenzo said:

I hear the time format is set by the localization which mono uses, correct? Then I think I'm looking in the wrong place since my OS (win7) follows the normal time format everywhere (time settings and all) but this mod in KSP. Would someone care to point me in the right direction?

It should indeed be using whatever your locale dictates as the date format.   I'm not exactly sure where that is set though.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:49 AM, rsparkyc said:

Should this thread now be updated to say 1.1.3, or are you waiting for RO?

The existing version continues to work fine in KSP 1.1.3, but to avoid confusion I have updated the metadata and released a new version.

• 3 weeks later...

@Agathorn

Hello there. I've just noticed a minor issue. The latest version of Time Control seems to conflict with your mod. With Time Control installed, the date/time bar shows the default "Year X, Day X," and not the real time and date your mod is supposed to deliver. After removing Time Control and testing, your mod once again works. Anyway, reproduction steps is to just simply install this mod and Time Control. If the reproduction steps doesn't seem to work, leave me a message and I shall test again.

Not really a big problem but it is nice to know exactly what "real" time I'm in during a RP-0 career. Hope you can take a look at it or consult with the developer of Time Control for a fix. Thanks you. :)

Edited by SyzygyΣE

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.07.2016 at 10:23 AM, SyzygyΣE said:

@Agathorn

Hello there. I've just noticed a minor issue. The latest version of Time Control seems to conflict with your mod. With Time Control installed, the date/time bar shows the default "Year X, Day X," and not the real time and date your mod is supposed to deliver. After removing Time Control and testing, your mod once again works. Anyway, reproduction steps is to just simply install this mod and Time Control. If the reproduction steps doesn't seem to work, leave me a message and I shall test again.

Not really a big problem but it is nice to know exactly what "real" time I'm in during a RP-0 career. Hope you can take a look at it or consult with the developer of Time Control for a fix. Thanks you. :)

I can confirm - it's not one off specific to @SyzygyΣE . I see the same in mine KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.5.2016 at 6:28 AM, NathanKell said:

It uses localization settings, since it uses base mono methods. Enjoy whatever format floats your boat.

Really? I have no idea whatever the format is it uses, it certainly has nothing to with my localization settings.

On 5.7.2016 at 11:52 PM, Agathorn said:

On 24.6.2016 at 3:51 PM, Ixenzo said:

It should indeed be using whatever your locale dictates as the date format.   I'm not exactly sure where that is set though.

Apparently I'm not the only one with this behavior, and I too use Win7 64-bit. Would be nice if there was a config file or so, to manually choose and potentially overwrite the time and date format.

Other than that - it works. Brilliant and thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Agathorn I've just started using RSS and I'm a bit confused I've seen you earlier in the thread say 'epoch' is 1950 and in other places I've seen @NathanKell say RSS Y1D1 is 1951/01/01 - is that consistent? maybe epoch means year 0?

I have a problem also with time display re a maneuver node on map view RSSDateTime formatted UT in the GUI "2023-1" - a mismatch to Precise Node Time display (Y73 Day 19) - there is a 18 day discrepancy. I checked with RSSDT taken out and it looks like both times are displayed from the same start + seconds but KSP doesn't use leap years and RSS DateTime does (the extra 18 days are distributed through the leap years) - is that right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I wanted to change the epoch/starting date (for instance, to start on 1946-01-01, to start near the beginning of the sounding rocket era), what .cfg file would I need to find and edit?  I looked for a .cfg in my (KSP 1.3.1) installed RSSDateTime folder, and didn't find one.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, b0ss said:

Do these have correct planet positions or is it just a display thing?

If you have RSS installed, especially RSS with Principia, you should have correct positions for all the supported bodies in the Solar System through at least several decades.

• 6 months later...

Recently I noticed this mod is still being maintained, and was updated to work with 1.5.1 in the github.

I love its ability to replace the game clock and time with Earth Dates. Thus Contracts also reflect this dates system. 

It is designed to be used with RSS, so with Earth in RSS keeps perfect time. (24hr day and 365 day year)

I wonder if its possible to make a version that will work in the Kerbal system?

Currently if you use this mod in the base Kerbal system, 4 days pass in 24 hours of the game clock, and Kerbin completes an orbit around Kerbal in a little over 3 months.

Can a fork of this mod be made that will work in the Kerbal system? With 6 hour days and 426 day years? Adding 2 more 30 day months to the year, (well 1 of 30 and 1 of 31)

I would love to be able to set a nice year and date system in the game clock, instead of Year 1 day 389. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.