Found someone who thinks KSP is part of a grand conspiracy

SmartS=true

Oh god the stupid...

He thinks that KSP is an evil plot by Elon Musk to get people to believe in the barge landings SpaceX is doing. And he has 800 subscribers. 

The video does contain some mildly offensive material, but the link starts the video after that. He is so misinformed that he thinks KSP is free and uses this as "evidence" that it is paid for by the government. I'm fairly sure this doesn't violate the rules, but please lock this if it does.

I'll link to this comic once again:

Beliefs

The only thing to do in this situation is calm down and move on. Eventually, we'll have our personal spaceships and someone will build a starship and a wormhole opening up the whole galaxy, and those people will be left in the dust while we fly in alien skies, watch the strange clouds of gas giants fill the sky, and point our telescopes toward the pale blue dot knowing one of the greatest dreams of humanity has come true. In twenty years, someone will watch a sunset turn the sky from orange into a dim blue. Then, as the sky dims, they will see Mercury, Venus, the Moon as a tiny speck, and Earth, from the surface of Mars. Think of that every time you hear these people.

Edited by cubinator

21 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

We should get him in here :P

Yeah, let's buy him a copy so he can see how much fun it is! Show him the friction mechanics, that'll give him a laugh!

I'm actually serious...(also: Woo! Look at me typing in small font on mobile! Thanks @KasperVld!)

Edited by cubinator

Wow.....  I made it about 2/3rds thru and couldn't do the rest, but I heard enough to get the idea.

So......  Forgive me, but I just can't resist...  :sticktongue:

According to this Youtube person, we "Kerbal Space Cadets" are actually being programmed by the intelligence agencies, apparently to believe space landings are true, or something to that extent.  OK, but now I feel I have to take this a step further.

For those of you that haven't read it, I am a fan-fiction author.  And according to this YouTube dude, because I'm a KSP "cadet", I'm also either programmed by, or work for, the intelligence community.  

But the problem is a main character in my fan-fiction story, which now has over 60,000 views and a bunch of followers, is an evil brain-in-a-jar named Thompberry Kerman!  

Why is this relevant?  
Because if this YouTube person is right, then that means the intelligence agency must be right now, at this moment, working on brain-in-a-jar technology, and I've already brain washed over 60,000 of you all to prepare for the inevitable moment!!!   :0.0:

Bwaahahahaha......   

yeah.....  again, I apologize.... sometimes it's just too easy....  :D

Edited by Just Jim

18 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Yeah, let's buy him a copy so he can see how much fun it is! Show him the friction mechanics, that'll give him a laugh!

I'm actually serious...(also: Woo! Look at me typing in small font on mobile! Thanks @KasperVld!)

It would be hilarious to see his reaction to it, but he probably wouldn't accept a copy if we gave it to him.

If we just give it to him for free, wouldn't he just believe in his conspiracy even more? 

Also... Anyone think this is an elaborate but convoluted plot to get free KSP?:D

>makes blatantly misinformed video about a product with ridiculous reaction

>gets some fan sends the product for free as a well intended way to dispel "misunderstanding"

>??????

>PROFIT!

1 hour ago, SmartS=true said:

(...) And he has 800 subscribers. (...)

One cannot wonder how many of those 800 are True Believers, and how many just subscribed out of utter fascination.

29 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

If we just give it to him for free, wouldn't he just believe in his conspiracy even more? 

Also... Anyone think this is an elaborate but convoluted plot to get free KSP?:D

>makes blatantly misinformed video about a product with ridiculous reaction

>gets some fan sends the product for free as a well intended way to dispel "misunderstanding"

>??????

>PROFIT!

I wish that was true. A list of some of the things he has done/said to date:

• Made a series talking about how the landings SpaceX has done to date are fake
  • Made a video about how rockets don't work in space
  • Invented two new "laws of motion"
  • Claimed that he has invented an extremely powerful battery (of course, he has provided no evidence of this)

If he didn't use computers on a regular basis, I would not be surprised if he thought they didn't exist.

Remember, these people have been around since the dawn of time, its just now the internet makes them loud.

Still can't help but wonder how far the fraction of a percent of people who are like this hold back humanity....

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner! This week's prize for most deranged idiot goes to.....That thing with the neckbeard. And also with a nomination for the minor award for Epic Mispronunciation. 

On 5/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, SmartS=true said:

Oh god the stupid...

He thinks that KSP is an evil plot by Elon Musk to get people to believe in the barge landings SpaceX is doing. And he has 800 subscribers. 

You mean.....it isn't...?   You mean Elon's not going to get the donations I've made to Squad.....?   OMG,  what have I done??

On 5/9/2016 at 6:42 PM, steve_v said:

Youtube, a more wretched hive of nonsense and misinformation you will not find.

I know.....and I've been trying so hard.........I really thought the Weekly World News was going to be it...

Edited by Crystal_Mace
Necessary format change . I messed up the quote.

On 5/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, Just Jim said:

Because if this YouTube person is right, then that means the intelligence agency must be right now, at this moment, working on brain-in-a-jar technology, and I've already brain washed over 60,000 of you all to prepare for the inevitable moment!!!   :0.0:

Bwaahahahaha......   

yeah.....  again, I apologize.... sometimes it's just too easy....  :D

Yes.....too easy.......ha-hah.....hah.....(-Ssshhhhh!-)