Found someone who thinks KSP is part of a grand conspiracy

SmartS=true

On 5/9/2016 at 8:23 PM, SmartS=true said:

I wish that was true. A list of some of the things he has done/said to date:

• Made a series talking about how the landings SpaceX has done to date are fake
  • Made a video about how rockets don't work in space
  • Invented two new "laws of motion"
  • Claimed that he has invented an extremely powerful battery (of course, he has provided no evidence of this)

If he didn't use computers on a regular basis, I would not be surprised if he thought they didn't exist.

But I don't!   Umm...I mean we don't....THEY don't!  I meant THEY don't!  Computers.....the very idea is absurd!   He should sit down...take a stress pill.....and think things over.

1 hour ago, EliasDanger said:

KSP is obviously part of the conspiracy that brainwashes people into believeing the Earth is a sphere and not a flat disk. Dont believe NASAs lies! Dres is just a mop!

God not another "disker". The Earth is *square* sheeple.

5 minutes ago, stratvox said:

You fools, the Earth is on the back of a turtle. And the turtle stands on the back of another turtle. In fact, it's turtles all the way down.

And then the goo ate everything (Tasty Planet: Back For Seconds reference)

On 5/9/2016 at 9:56 PM, Spaceception said:

We should get him in here :P

I am going to leave a comment on his video (he seems to be replying or at least reading most of them) directing him here. I wonder if Scott Manley would be interested in this? :wink:

On 5/11/2016 at 2:43 AM, EliasDanger said:

KSP is obviously part of the conspiracy that brainwashes people into believeing the Earth is a sphere and not a flat disk. Dont believe NASAs lies! Dres is just a mop!

#DresAwareness

8 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

He should change his channel name to "Inventing Nonsensical Conspiracies for Fun and ProfitTM".

... and Attention

Also, look at the time you posted this. Is it purposeful?  Maybe...it's ALIENS!:cool:

On 5/9/2016 at 10:22 PM, Just Jim said:

Wow.....  I made it about 2/3rds thru and couldn't do the rest, but I heard enough to get the idea.

So......  Forgive me, but I just can't resist...  :sticktongue:

According to this Youtube person, we "Kerbal Space Cadets" are actually being programmed by the intelligence agencies, apparently to believe space landings are true, or something to that extent.  OK, but now I feel I have to take this a step further.

For those of you that haven't read it, I am a fan-fiction author.  And according to this YouTube dude, because I'm a KSP "cadet", I'm also either programmed by, or work for, the intelligence community.  

But the problem is a main character in my fan-fiction story, which now has over 60,000 views and a bunch of followers, is an evil brain-in-a-jar named Thompberry Kerman!  

Why is this relevant?  
Because if this YouTube person is right, then that means the intelligence agency must be right now, at this moment, working on brain-in-a-jar technology, and I've already brain washed over 60,000 of you all to prepare for the inevitable moment!!!   :0.0:

Bwaahahahaha......   

yeah.....  again, I apologize.... sometimes it's just too easy....  :D

He didn't do much research on Kerbal before he made this

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. Unless you're this guy. He made himself look stupid. He just needs to try and fly an SSTO into LKO, 'cause that's SO hard. The physics in KSP probably make us dumber. If I flew a real plane,  I'd try and take off at 50 m/s and stall and die. More like phy-sucks.

On 5/9/2016 at 10:17 PM, cubinator said:

Yeah, let's buy him a copy so he can see how much fun it is! Show him the friction mechanics, that'll give him a laugh!

I'm actually serious...(also: Woo! Look at me typing in small font on mobile! Thanks @KasperVld!)

How in Kraken are you typing in small font in mobile? I must know of this magic!

9 minutes ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

How in Kraken are you typing in small font in mobile? I must know of this magic!

What, you mean you don't have the "Size" menu too? It should be right there with the other ones after the discussion in this thread:

Large text

Small text

Works fine for me :P

Edited by cubinator

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

What, you mean you don't have the "Size" menu too? It should be right there with the other ones after the discussion in this thread:

Large text

Small text

Works fine for me :P

Oh, that's what that thing is... And this guy says people who play ksp are smart.:D Imastupid.

10 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Wait, did he (in the video) just generalize and say that every KSP player is atheist? I know that's not true, and it's offensive to boot.

Oh, the whole thing is rather offensive, IMO, but also so unbelievably inaccurate it's somewhat comical.  
If I didn't know better, I would think the whole thing was just a KSP spoof....  But sadly, I think this guy actually believes what he is ranting.

:confused:

1 hour ago, Andem said:

People make feel ashamed to be human sometimes. Honestly.

No need to feel ashamed.  Its great that we can choose to a large degree what we do in life.  Too bad some people just love to goad other people into watching their "conspiracy" videos.  Its all about giving them attention.  That is exactly what I deprive them of, because I don't watch their videos.

20 hours ago, Dispatcher said:

No need to feel ashamed.  Its great that we can choose to a large degree what we do in life.  Too bad some people just love to goad other people into watching their "conspiracy" videos.  Its all about giving them attention.  That is exactly what I deprive them of, because I don't watch their videos.

I wasn't trying to give him more attention, I was just surprised at how idiotic he was. Too bad there isn't a way to watch YouTube videos without it counting as a view.

27 minutes ago, astrokerb said:

I wonder what people like that guy will say when city lights are visible on the Moon. 

Are there any people in developed countries today that think airplanes are fake? That's how much stupider those people will seem, and they'll be (thankfully) that much rarer.

On 11/05/2016 at 7:36 PM, stratvox said:

You fools, the Earth is on the back of a turtle. And the turtle stands on the back of another turtle. In fact, it's turtles all the way down.

You have no idea how close you are... it's just the current interpretation is all wrong ...  :-) :-)

I think my new favorite conspiracy thing is when proponents of different conspiracy theories duke it out on the invisible battlegrounds of youtube and dingy websites filled with web 1.0 artifacts that haven't gotten new forum software since 1999

tumblr_o70ue8oyU51ujgi1qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o72g249Hfl1ujgi1qo1_250.jpg

and then there are the reconcilers

tumblr_o2ic61LfTE1qdyu41o1_540.png

Edited by Accelerando

On 5/15/2016 at 5:56 PM, Accelerando said:

I think my new favorite conspiracy thing is when proponents of different conspiracy theories duke it out on the invisible battlegrounds of youtube and dingy websites filled with web 1.0 artifacts that haven't gotten new forum software since 1999

tumblr_o70ue8oyU51ujgi1qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o72g249Hfl1ujgi1qo1_250.jpg

and then there are the reconcilers

tumblr_o2ic61LfTE1qdyu41o1_540.png

Oh, so Earth is concave? Awesome! So when I look up, I can see the other side of the world the same way you can see the other side of a stadium when you're inside it. Wow, that'd be beautiful...oh wait...that doesn't happen...yeah, this is why I stay in this little corner of the internet instead of having to deal with those people.

Edited by cubinator