Found someone who thinks KSP is part of a grand conspiracy

SmartS=true

For whatever reason, Tumblr suggested a video with some of Hitler speeches translated into English.  An avid history buff, I watched it as I've seen very few of Hitler's speeches in English. They somewhat surprised me, just vague promises of grandiose things like any politician.  Didn't have me goosestepping.  Then (I swear I have a problem) read the comments.

After the shock, I went back and watched some other stuff and for whatever reason Tumblr suggested a video with the translated words of the Soviet Nation Anthem, a tune I always liked.  I more listened to it than read the translation.  Didn't have me painting everything read or reading Karl Marx (Which I actually read in college along with Engels).  Then I read the comments.

Should get the two comment threads to re-enact world war two...

I think I need a 12 step plan...

5 minutes ago, Riftmann said:

For whatever reason, Tumblr suggested a video with some of Hitler speeches translated into English.  An avid history buff, I watched it as I've seen very few of Hitler's speeches in English. They somewhat surprised me, just vague promises of grandiose things like any politician.  Didn't have me goosestepping.  Then (I swear I have a problem) read the comments.

After the shock, I went back and watched some other stuff and for whatever reason Tumblr suggested a video with the translated words of the Soviet Nation Anthem, a tune I always liked.  I more listened to it than read the translation.  Didn't have me painting everything read or reading Karl Marx (Which I actually read in college along with Engels).  Then I read the comments.

Should get the two comment threads to re-enact world war two...

I think I need a 12 step plan...

Everything sounds more grandiose in an angry german accent. (Or, alternatively, everything sounds drab and boring in English...)

"HELFEN SIE MIR MIT, MEINEM!!! EINKAUFS!!! HEIL!! HEIL!!!"

Spoiler

"Help me with my shopping. Safely. Safely."

39 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Everything sounds more grandiose in an angry german accent. (Or, alternatively, everything sounds drab and boring in English...)

"HELFEN SIE MIR MIT, MEINEM!!! EINKAUFS!!! HEIL!! HEIL!!!"

Hide contents

"Help me with my shopping. Safely. Safely."

Helfen Sie mir mit meinem Einkauf. Sicher, sicher.

But that makes no sense at all. Noone uses "heil" in germany these days as a means of calling someone. In that case "heil" means something like "hail", sounds very antique, an invocation, like greeting a roman cesar or so ... probably that's why it was used by the nazis. You probably used a translator and that gave you the adjective "heil" which means "healed" or "repared", someone/something is "heil" when it has healed / was repaired.

Just wanna keep up german language, which is that of Geothe, Schiller and Kant, the age of Aufklärung (elucidation ?). But nowadays we use many expressions from the language of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck ;-)

duck and cover :-)

Edit: Forgot the noun "das Heil" which is sth. like salvation/sanity ...

Editedit: Hail probe ! Heil Sonde ! ... sounds strange in german :-)

Hailprobev2.gif

Edited by Green Baron

On 5/28/2016 at 1:35 PM, Robotengineer said:

"Please talk to your doctor before reading youtube comments... youtube comments may cause depression, anger, frustration, homicidal thoughts and/or terror... youtube is not responsible for injuries relating to face-palming and/or face-dasking." 

Yoink!  Going in sig

On 5/9/2016 at 2:56 AM, RA3236 said:

I agree with the guy in the comments section of the video who is stating him down. This guy is delusional.

Or high.

Edit:

Double-post bug. Again.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:56 AM, RA3236 said:

Edited by TheKosanianMethod
The mess known as bugs.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:14 PM, SmartS=true said:

I wasn't trying to give him more attention, I was just surprised at how idiotic he was. Too bad there isn't a way to watch YouTube videos without it counting as a view.

I think there is. Go to ListenOnRepeat, type in the name of the video, and you can watch it without it being recorded as a view. I'm not sure, though. 

On 5/9/2016 at 10:27 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

I ironically made a video debunking lunar conspiracists, (...)

A praiseworthy endeavor,  but with little return on the investment:

• Most viewers are likely not lunar conspiracists
  • Those that are, will have counter-arguments against yours. Most certainly wrong counter-arguments but that’s what they’ll think when watching the video: “ZooNamedGames is wrong! You CAN xyz and abc for jkl...”
  • In the rare cases where LC’s will not have a counter-argument ready they will simply conclude that you are part of them, and as a perpetrator of the Moon-scam you have likely used trick-photography,  falsified data and none of your work should be taken seriously as such

These are really not people you can reason with.

29 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

A praiseworthy endeavor,  but with little return on the investment:

• Most viewers are likely not lunar conspiracists
  • Those that are, will have counter-arguments against yours. Most certainly wrong counter-arguments but that’s what they’ll think when watching the video: “ZooNamedGames is wrong! You CAN xyz and abc for jkl...”
  • In the rare cases where LC’s will not have a counter-argument ready they will simply conclude that you are part of them, and as a perpetrator of the Moon-scam you have likely used trick-photography,  falsified data and none of your work should be taken seriously as such

These are really not people you can reason with.

Ofc I'm aware, I'm starting with the wrong audience, but as I can't just "pick", I made it anyway. Maybe someone else got better use of it.

Those who will always have a response is a Denialist as mentioned in the video. I provide instructions for what to do with them. If they have evidence, then they are in the rare category where simple information will likely cause their basis to collapse. It's possible for someone with logic to devolve into becoming, a Denialist.

They're belief of what I'm part of is not my concern, and again would put them as a irrational Denialist. You can attempt to explain but if they won't accept the information there is nothing more you can do. The information is there as an attempt to explain.

Depends on what kind of LC they are. I provided 3 examples.

A month or so ago I was watching an old Captain Disillusion video (He debunks fake videos with ghosts and ufos and stuff, you guys really ought to watch him, his output is low, he's been on YouTube for 8 years and only has 30 or so videos but his production values are phenomenal, I mean television, movie level, he runs his own digital production company. Oh an Captain Disillusion is a superhero that's mostly silver and wears a 80's track suit so don't be thrown.  His humor is incredibly funny.) and some joker says "Hey, Captain D,bet you can't debunk the flat earth theory (Theory my lilly white butt), didn't think so."  These loons are everywhere.  Ironically, Captain Disillusion mentioned the flat earthers very breifly in his latest video, and I didn't see any flat earth comments.  Of course he also mentioned the Vsauce Flat Earth video which destroys the flat earhers, so maybe that's why they aren't there...  But I wouldn't bet on it.  I'm trying to curb my YouTube comment reading.  (I know, I know, I KNOW!)

• 1 month later...

Turns out that this guy has actually been convinced that the SpaceX Falcon 9 landings are real after seeing two amateur videos of the CRS-9 landing!

(Just to be clear, I DID NOT TAKE THIS/THESE VIDEO(S) AND DO NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILIY FOR IT/THEM )

Links to the videos in question are in the description of the video above. They are just uncut versions of the embedded video.

53 minutes ago, OzEtkin said:

Turns out that this guy has actually been convinced that the SpaceX Falcon 9 landings are real after seeing two amateur videos of the CRS-9 landing!

(Just to be clear, I DID NOT TAKE THIS/THESE VIDEO(S) AND DO NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILIY FOR IT/THEM )

Links to the videos in question are in the description of the video above. They are just uncut versions of the embedded video.

Does he still believe the payloads are fake though? (didn't watch the video,would prefer to not be in a bad mood for the rest of the day). 

1 hour ago, Robotengineer said:

Does he still believe the payloads are fake though? (didn't watch the video,would prefer to not be in a bad mood for the rest of the day). 

I don't know. Probably, although he seemed pretty happy to have been convinced that the landings are real, at least :D.

By the way, the video is just footage of the CRS-9 launch and stage 1 landing. It wasn't made by any conspiracy theorists if that's what you thought. It's actually some of the best, if not the best amateur footage of a Falcon 9 landing I've seen so far, its pretty cool.