[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

16 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Umm....  I just meant that it's not an issue in Research Bodies, so we could move any additional discussion to GitHub or the Strategia thread.  Not that we needed to scrub all history.

As I already openen an issue there and you replied to it I think it's allright.

18 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Note the test build is a test build. It's not a release. and no it doesn't work in 1.9.x. NOTE: it REQUIRES requires Contract Configurator  1.30.2. and that doesn't work in KSP 1.9.x either.

I have no intention of releasing a version for an old version of KSP. It's hard enough to support  one (latest) release of KSP.

Thanks for the response.  I guess I'll see this on my next restart in a couple years.  Hopefully I'll manage to start on a version that has not been skipped. I wish there were a way to make it easier for backward compatibility, but I know that's probably a limitation of .NET and/or Unity and their build system. After all, if everything worked forward, I'd not be on an old version, which I am due to a bunch of mods being 1.8.x-1.9.1 (and one that's even 1.7.3!), especially Kopernicus (+OPM in my case) and many other things like EPL not officially being 1.10.1.  Thanks for the mod, I did enjoy it.  I'll be back :)

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 weeks later...

When there are additional configs provided by planet packs like OPM which include for example

IGNORE
	{
		body = Sarnus
	}

IGNORELEVELS
	{
		// body = easy normal medium hard
		Sarnus = true true true true

and I start a new career, should the planet "Sarnus" not be shown as already discovered under the slider for the difficulty setting?

Or does RB only read the values from the main node RESEARCHBODIES?
But, if yes, how come?

The patches of the planet packs do not work with @RESEARCHBODIES but with creating a new node named RESEARCHBODIES and having

RESEARCHBODIES
{
	loadAs = mod
	name = OPM

So I assume that RB is capable of parsing multiple nodes of the same name, where only one is the main node and all the others should contain loadAs and name.
It knows then how to handle them.

But actually - with the test build 1.12a - it does not look like that.

• Was it like that before? So did it never work as intended?
  • Was it working as intended before? Has it accidentally been patched away?

Edit:

I'm doing a test, I changed the patches for OPM and MPE that they do @ on all nodes and do not add loadAs and name into the main nod

Edit:

This did not change the behaviour in the game settings screen under the slider.

So i assume the shown text is hardcoded and does not take the configs into account.
This could™ be fixed.

Edit:

Yes, indeed, as the stock config says

IGNORELEVELS
		{
			Sun = true true true true
			Kerbin = true true true true
			Mun = true true true true
			Minmus = true true true false

Look for Minmus, in the highest difficulty setting it should not be already discovered, but under the slider it says
gneNtCL.png

This fact assures my assumption that the values under the slider are hardcoded and are not parsed out of the configs.

Edited by Gordon Dry

3 hours ago, Relonsk said:

Anyone knows if this works with 1.9?

Read back a page or two.  The only version guaranteed to work after 1.8.x will be 1.10.x, per the author he does not have time to maintain a variety of back-versions (remember its volunteer work)

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, Relonsk said:

Anyone knows if this works with 1.9?

It isn't a guarantee, and BIG asterisk because I have a ton of mods, but My saves worked in 1.9 and this never seemed to be the source of any of my crashes or glitches.

Alright -

Lets see if I am missing something here, or a little hiccup has been revealed?

I targeted eve [have not done any research via the observatory] and when I attempt to "track bodies" I get "void" as a result
I targeted gilly [have not done any research via the observatory] , but there is a 10% on it and when I attempt to "track bodies" I get "oops there is nothing new here" as a result

I accepted and completed several of the "search the skies" and those do work, means I do discover new 'bodies" but nothing appears to be increasing the percentage of "knowing" more about the :bodies."

Also, the telescope has mono, but I can only maneuver with the "H" key, is that correct?

@JPLRepo

I'm wondering if this mod might be interacting in some way to cause problems with the CometVFXController? 

I'm wondering what it does if a comet hasn't been found yet.  CometVFXController is a mystery, I'm not sure what it does, and I'm getting error from it, the following error repeats continuously:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CometVFXController.LateUpdate () [0x00156] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

What's even odder is that I just noticed that it continues to happen even while the game is paused:

lename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

at CometVFXController.LateUpdate () [0x00156] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670> Line: 0)

Game Paused!

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Game Paused!

It's not common, but I did see a few other people having this issue.  I have no idea what to even begin to look at.  I've cloned the entire install, and have been trying to remove mods, but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@JPLRepo

I'm wondering if this mod might be interacting in some way to cause problems with the CometVFXController? 

I'm wondering what it does if a comet hasn't been found yet.  CometVFXController is a mystery, I'm not sure what it does, and I'm getting error from it, the following error repeats continuously:

What's even odder is that I just noticed that it continues to happen even while the game is paused:

lename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Game Paused!

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

Game Paused!

It's not common, but I did see a few other people having this issue.  I have no idea what to even begin to look at.  I've cloned the entire install, and have been trying to remove mods, but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

I'm not sure what this has got to do with ResearchBodies mod?

Hi, i have problem with latest version. I have sun light on undiscovered shift by 90 degress by some reason, tried without all mods except required in new game - still same.

Here is few examples:

Without mods, gilly is undiscovered, but duna yes. look at planets day side.

Spoiler

dXGGDnG.png

And same with others mods already (both partially discovered only):

Spoiler

HuKOKST.png

0H6sv4d.png

Whats wrong? Really not sure why i have this glitch. If remove mod or discover planet - then everything become normal.

Edited by AlexALX

@Murdabenne Yeah i know about that i should provide logs, but as i'm developer i did already look into them there there is nothing (at all) what can help with that problem - there is simply no errors! Like i said its 100% time happens for me, fresh ksp, fresh installed ResearchBodies + CC +TST and new game started.

But anyway here is logs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/346ypscb0bv5jmn/logs_20_11_02.zip/file

EDIT: created issue on https://github.com/JPLRepo/ResearchBodies/issues/54

@JPLRepo

Edited by AlexALX

Hi there -

I have been playing a save for about about 14 days and all was working really really well, I just recently did research on EVE to 100%, but I think.. there might be an issue.  [I didn't notice right off the bat]  It seems, that I see all the other planets now.

I thought, that I would have to 'research the skies" get another "body" and then start doing those contracts.

Please let me know what I can do to help.

I'm in the middle of adopting the Cacti Optics mod.  What would I have to do to make it compatible and to work with Research Bodies?

I currently have the following:

Spoiler

//Adds the ResearchBodies Telescope capability to the Cacti telescope 
@PART[tele_body]:NEEDS[ResearchBodies]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTrackBodies
		scienceReward = 20
		difficulty = 4
		minAltitude = 200000
		maxTrackDistance = 40000000000
		electricChargeRequest = 10
		landed = false
		viewAngle = 12
		// requiresPart = true
		// requiredPart = ObservatoryBase
	}	
}
@PART[tele_body2]:NEEDS[ResearchBodies]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTrackBodies
		scienceReward = 20
		difficulty = 4
		minAltitude = 200000
		maxTrackDistance = 20000000000
		electricChargeRequest = 10
		landed = false
		viewAngle = 12
		// requiresPart = true
		// requiredPart = ObservatoryBase
	}	
}

Let me know if I need anything else

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 4/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, RainDreamer said:

So I have problem with research bodies: Telescope does nothing when clicking on research body button, and entering observatory cause hanging - the soundtrack of observatory continue but I cannot interact with anything else.

The weird thing is that earlier in my save I used it normally.

Edit: Also, apparently all planets that I haven't found appeared as well.

Here are my logs:

ResearchBodies.log - https://pastebin.com/gY1NwCS9

And below is the output_log.txt - too big for pastebin

[snip]

Sorry, but that log file is too big for here, too. Can someone suggest another sharing service? 

I did  some testing to see if I could recreate the same situation that I outlined above and I could not.  However; my initial save when I did the "research the skies" , this time I only saw "Eve" vs in my other save it was "Eve" and "Gilly".

During my test save, what I did was that I got into orbit, so that I could get the RB contracts, did the 'research the skies" , it found EVE and then I did 9 more "Research Bodies" contracts to unlock EVE and only EVE is visible.

So, I am curious .. if there a way that I can 'hide' what the observatory doesn't know and be able to continue?

Edited by gamerscircle

On 11/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, gamerscircle said:

I did  some testing to see if I could recreate the same situation that I outlined above and I could not.  However; my initial save when I did the "research the skies" , this time I only saw "Eve" vs in my other save it was "Eve" and "Gilly".

During my test save, what I did was that I got into orbit, so that I could get the RB contracts, did the 'research the skies" , it found EVE and then I did 9 more "Research Bodies" contracts to unlock EVE and only EVE is visible.

So, I am curious .. if there a way that I can 'hide' what the observatory doesn't know and be able to continue?

Hmm. interested in seeing what's in your save file tbh.
if you look at your persistent.sfs and find:

SCENARIO
	{
		name = ResearchBodies

you will see BODY nodes for each planet.

The two fields of interest are:
isResearched = True
researchState = 100

Setting isResearched = False and researchState = 0 will reset that planet to unknown.

(Create a backup of your save first).