[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Running about 112 mods without EVE/Scatter and the hit on entering the tracking station wouldn't have been noticed if I didn't know to look for it (maybe 1-3 seconds tops). I really like the effect the fuzziness has. I have OPM and TransKeptunian planet packs installed, and the fuzz factor seems to not be on every planet. I'm on Easy difficulty, so that means I have views of local moons and Jool moons (and Jool maybe?), but the fuzz was not applied to Eeloo or Jool. Eeloo maybe because it gets moved by OPM (I think, or maybe that's a different mod), and Jool, because you've already discovered its moons, so presumably, Jool?. Eve looked weird, Duna cool (as always), and a lot of the planet pack rocks didn't have the fuzz either; I would say maybe 75% of them.

Here is an album taken with the usage of HayStacks Continued. I take it most users won't be able to do this (target/focus on Unknown Objects)?

Order is Eve, Duna, Jool, Eeloo, Slate, Orma. Only Eve, Duna, and Orma in the pictures show the fuzz.

Cheers.

<snip pics>

I'm not familiar with TransKeptunian. OPM I am familiar with. and OPM comes with a ResearchBodies config file.
I'm guessing the settings are not correct with the other planet pack installed.

The Progressive maps are applied based on three things.
1) The Ignore setting (which is based on the start setting you select) - not sure but TransKeptunian if it does not have a config for ResearchBodies should set those planets to false (IE: you don't know them). If this is set to true the planet is completely discovered and visible from start of game.
2) if the planet has been discovered or not. (if not maximum fuzziness) if it has been discovered then:-
3) the research percentage will set various stages of fuzziness up to research=100% where it is complete max visibility.

If you can PM me your save file I can look at the settings. Failing that I will have to install OPM and TransKeptunian to see for myself what is going on.

Edited by JPLRepo

23 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Shouldn't have anything to do with this mod. It doesn't do anything to the celestial bodies at the KSC screen. During flight, should not make much impact either.
If you remove the ProgressiveCBMaps folder does it fix the problem? I'd be surprised by this. I'd think you have something else going on.

EDIT: in flight it is only processing the local bodies. The tracking station is a problem because it processes ALL the bodies on load of the scene.

It's probably another mod that is hurting it as I have heaps installed.  I checked debug and the only thing it keeps outputting is that researchbodies is cancelling certain contracts every few seconds, oddly enough that's when it stutters.  

I might get rid of a few contract packs and re-try this mod, see if that makes any difference as those innocent looking contract mods have actually caused some grief in the past.

19 minutes ago, Maars said:

It's probably another mod that is hurting it as I have heaps installed.  I checked debug and the only thing it keeps outputting is that researchbodies is cancelling certain contracts every few seconds, oddly enough that's when it stutters.  

I might get rid of a few contract packs and re-try this mod, see if that makes any difference as those innocent looking contract mods have actually caused some grief in the past.

Can you post a link to your log? yes ResearchBodies checks EVERY contract that is generated and if that contract has something to do with a body you have yet to discovery it will withdraw the contract.
It does this check every time a contract is generated (to check the one just generated), so it does not do it regularly (only when one is generated) and it only checks the contract just generated.
But If you have lots of mod packs generating LOTS of contracts, then that could be a problem.

24 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Can you post a link to your log? yes ResearchBodies checks EVERY contract that is generated and if that contract has something to do with a body you have yet to discovery it will withdraw the contract.
It does this check every time a contract is generated (to check the one just generated), so it does not do it regularly (only when one is generated) and it only checks the contract just generated.
But If you have lots of mod packs generating LOTS of contracts, then that could be a problem.

Pesky little buggers these contracts. :)

Once I'm home later on this arvo I'll smash researchbodies back into my game then grab the log for you.  Thanks for the reply and thanks for taking care of this beautiful mod. 

btw, good to see another fellow Melbournian online.  Can't wait tilI I get back home myself.

2 minutes ago, Maars said:

Pesky little buggers these contracts.

Yeah I had the exact same issue recently.  For whatever reason that was never able to be tracked down, my contract system lost it's mind and started generating non-stop contracts of all kinds one after another and killing them immediately with a message of "Over the maximum limit" even though I was allowed unlimited contracts.  Re-installing Contract Configurator and all my packs did absolutely nothing.  What ended up solving the problem for me was removing and reinstalling Contract Reward Modifier.  It had lost its mind apparently and just refused to allow any new contracts other than those being offered by a single pack - the first in the list, Anomaly Surveyor.  If you're having this kind of problem and have the Modifier installed I'd recommend starting there.

15 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Yeah I had the exact same issue recently.  For whatever reason that was never able to be tracked down, my contract system lost it's mind and started generating non-stop contracts of all kinds one after another and killing them immediately with a message of "Over the maximum limit" even though I was allowed unlimited contracts.  Re-installing Contract Configurator and all my packs did absolutely nothing.  What ended up solving the problem for me was removing and reinstalling Contract Reward Modifier.  It had lost its mind apparently and just refused to allow any new contracts other than those being offered by a single pack - the first in the list, Anomaly Surveyor.  If you're having this kind of problem and have the Modifier installed I'd recommend starting there.

Reward modifier gave me problems also.  I only use it to set my science rewards to 0 but i'm sure there's another way, config file modification perhaps?  

Anyways, sorry to go off topic from the thread.

2 minutes ago, Maars said:

Reward modifier gave me problems also.  I only use it to set my science rewards to 0 but i'm sure there's another way, config file modification perhaps?  

Anyways, sorry to go off topic from the thread.

Yeah same here but I just wanted to make sure that @JPLRepo doesn't start trying to track down something unrelated to RB.  As for another way to do it?  Pretty sure it could be done with an MM patch but I've never bothered to try since there was a mod doing it and more already.  If it keeps acting up though I can see myself digging into it...

@Maars, @rasta013 That's interesting. I don't use Contract Reward Modifier but my own science modifier. So it could be that ResearchBodies deals with contracts in some merciless way and that highly interferes with contract-touching mods. Need to check that.

3 hours ago, Ser said:

@Maars, @rasta013 That's interesting. I don't use Contract Reward Modifier but my own science modifier. So it could be that ResearchBodies deals with contracts in some merciless way and that highly interferes with contract-touching mods. Need to check that.

I'll check something when I see a log.

I think I've got it. Haven't notice any troubles with contracts, but the memory issues are caused by the presence of Stock Visual Enhancements, in particular its TextureReplacer highres planet textures, I guess (for Medium Res version they are 400+ Mb). So removing either TextureReplacer or ProgressiveCBMaps solves the problem. The trouble is it would nice to have both :) And I think troubles with highres planet packs are also possible.

13 minutes ago, Ser said:

I think I've got it. Haven't notice any troubles with contracts, but the memory issues are caused by the presence of Stock Visual Enhancements, in particular its TextureReplacer highres planet textures, I guess (for Medium Res version they are 400+ Mb). So removing either TextureReplacer or ProgressiveCBMaps solves the problem. The trouble is it would nice to have both :) And I think troubles with highres planet packs are also possible.

There's not a lot I can do about that. I toyed with the idea of generating an overlay mesh instead of how ProgressiveCBMaps works. But I didn't like it.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

There's not a lot I can do about that. I toyed with the idea of generating an overlay mesh instead of how ProgressiveCBMaps works. But I didn't like it.

Don't shaders fit well for what it does? I guess they would require much less RAM.

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Hmmm...  we should talk.  I've got a pending change for Contract Configurator 1.15.x that will break this.  For Contract Configurator contracts, generation now happens into an internal list instead of in the main ContractSystem list.  So you won't see the Contract Configurator contracts, unless you're triggerring it your logic off the Contract.OnOffered GameEvent (in which case you would still see them).

In any case, I think I'd rather flip this and have Contract Configurator support Research Bodies.  I can have it use your reflection API and check whether a contract can be offered for the given body (I assume the check would just be CelestialBodyInfo.isResearch?)

17 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Hmmm...  we should talk.  I've got a pending change for Contract Configurator 1.15.x that will break this.  For Contract Configurator contracts, generation now happens into an internal list instead of in the main ContractSystem list.  So you won't see the Contract Configurator contracts, unless you're triggerring it your logic off the Contract.OnOffered GameEvent (in which case you would still see them).

In any case, I think I'd rather flip this and have Contract Configurator support Research Bodies.  I can have it use your reflection API and check whether a contract can be offered for the given body (I assume the check would just be CelestialBodyInfo.isResearch?)

Yes I am using the GameEvent GameEvents.Contract.onOffered. and will have to keep that for other mods.
But yes, by all means you can use my reflection API to check first, that would be ace.
CelestialBodyInfo.IsResearched (I fixed the WIKI that said IsResearch) is true when a Body is known. But you should also check CelestialBodyInfo.researchState == 100 (completely discovered/researched and ready for contracts! :D).

Edited by JPLRepo

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes I am using the GameEvent GameEvents.Contract.onOffered. and will have to keep that for other mods.
But yes, by all means you can use my reflection API to check first, that would be ace.
CelestialBodyInfo.IsResearched (I fixed the WIKI that said IsResearch) is true when a Body is known. But you should also check CelestialBodyInfo.researchState == 100 (completely discovered/researched and ready for contracts! :D).

Great stuff.  Raised jrossignol/ContractConfigurator#537.

On 22/07/2016 at 8:31 AM, Shade Mourning said:

The Quick description makes it sound like you're hunting corpses not celestial bodies, kinda funny but might want to change that

Lol. Thanks. Hadn't picked up on that. changed it.

17 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Sneak peek: Progress on adding the Observatory Facility to the SpaceCenter. this is by no means complete. It's a W.I.P.

Cool, despite its being a WIP.  Looking forward to seeing this in production.  Well done.

KSP 1.1.3 (64-bit), Research Bodies v1.8, Contract Configurator 1.15.5, Win10 64-bit, SCANSat and Unmanned contract packs

I'm not sure if this is a RB issue or not.  I'm playing a medium difficultly career mode save with the initial pre-discovered bodies of Kerbol, Kerbin, Mun and Minmus.  However, I occasionally get contracts for bodies I have not yet discovered and have not yet received a contract to launch the the researched TB-76M scope into orbit.  I have the output_log for this session (I know it's full of NREs).

tp4sVp2kEG5q.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.1.3 (64-bit), Research Bodies v1.8, Contract Configurator 1.15.5, Win10 64-bit, SCANSat and Unmanned contract packs

I'm not sure if this is a RB issue or not.  I'm playing a medium difficultly career mode save with the initial pre-discovered bodies of Kerbol, Kerbin, Mun and Minmus.  However, I occasionally get contracts for bodies I have not yet discovered and have not yet received a contract to launch the the researched TB-76M scope into orbit.  I have the output_log for this session (I know it's full of NREs).

tp4sV<snip pic>

Yep know issue with contract configurator. See this post just a few posts up.

22 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yep know issue with contract configurator. See this post just a few posts up.

Ok, thanks. I read that part of the thread but it didn't make much sense to me and I didn't connect it with my observation.

Will I eventually get a RB/TST contract or has the CC update borked them all temporarily?