[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

7 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Ok, thanks. I read that part of the thread but it didn't make much sense to me and I didn't connect it with my observation.

Will I eventually get a RB/TST contract or has the CC update borked them all temporarily?

Sorry I just went back and read your post again.

What contract is this? " not yet received a contract to launch the the researched TB-76M scope into orbit "??
RB does not have contracts yet... I am working on that.. TST has contracts but not to launch anything.

The issue with CC that is known is CC offers contracts for celestial bodies that have yet been found/researched by RB.
That being said, RB is meant to be removing them. Which 'should' be working. in theory. having said that @nightingale as going to look at just not generating contracts at all if RB is installed and the body is not found/researched. But I don't believe that made it into his last release.
I can see that it is doing this in your log (eg:)
7/27/2016 12:04:47 PM,ResearchBodies,WithDrew contract "Altimetry Scan of Eve"

So really it comes down to:-
how that contract got offered for Duna? which I assume is not discovered? and why RB didn't remove it.
Why you think you should get a contract to launch the RB-76M - which isn't generated by RB or TST, and probably never will be generated?
Can you send me your save file? I'd like to take a look at that Duna contract.

Also for everyone's benefit. RB also creates it's own log file (in \GameData\REPOSoftTech\ResearchBodies\Plugins\PluginData\ResearchBodies.log) which is very handy when you have a log full of NRE spam like yours.
I'll update the OP to ask if people would be so kind as to supply BOTH logs in the future that would be terrific. (I'm also going to incorporate this extra logging file into all my mods I think).

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

The issue with CC that is known is CC offers contracts for celestial bodies that have yet been found/researched by RB.
That being said, RB is meant to be removing them. Which 'should' be working. in theory. having said that @nightingale as going to look at just not generating contracts at all if RB is installed and the body is not found/researched. But I don't believe that made it into his last release.
I can see that it is doing this in your log (eg:)
7/27/2016 12:04:47 PM,ResearchBodies,WithDrew contract "Altimetry Scan of Eve"

Yup, that would be ContractConfigurator#537.  I haven't had a chance to get it in yet with the latest rounds of updates causing more support headaches than expected.  However, I may need to move that from the "nice enhancements to do soon" to the "really needs to be fixed ASAP" pile, as Contract Configurator can now cause the contract generation to occur on the next frame if a contract is cancelled/withdrawn/declined.  Which can cause a contract to get offered within a couple frames.  So what used to be the possibility of fighting every 30 seconds could be fighting a couple times a second...  not good.

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

So really it comes down to:-
how that contract got offered for Duna? which I assume is not discovered? and why RB didn't remove it.
Why you think you should get a contract to launch the RB-76M - which isn't generated by RB or TST, and probably never will be generated?
Can you send me your save file? I'd like to take a look at that Duna contract.

Also for everyone's benefit. RB also creates it's own log file (in \GameData\REPOSoftTech\ResearchBodies\Plugins\PluginData\ResearchBodies.log) which is very handy when you have a log full of NRE spam like yours.

As requested, persistent.sfs and ResearchBodies.log.  I note, however, that the log file was contained in GameData\ResearchBodies\Plugins\PluginData, i.e. ResearchBodies was not under the REPOSoftTech folder which does exist. IIRC, RB was installed via CKAN.  If necessary, I'll raise the issue there if this path is incorrect.

Duna has not been discovered and I've not received any contract to search for anything.

Edited by Brigadier

7 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

As requested, persistent.sfs and ResearchBodies.log.  I note, however, that the log file was contained in GameData\ResearchBodies\Plugins\PluginData, i.e. ResearchBodies was not under the REPOSoftTech folder which does exist.

Hmm, I don't see that Duna contract from your screen shot in your save file. So it's possible it has expired between when you took the screen shot and your save file now.
If it recurs can you please capture your save file, output_log.txt and researchbodies.log and re-report the problem.
Now, the log file should definitely NOT be in the folder you describe... unless you have an OLD version of ResearchBodies installed.
If you have BOTH a \GameData\ResearchBodies and a \GameData\REPOSoftTech\ResearchBodies folder in your install than that means you did not follow the install instructions. V1.8 I moved the mod folder and the instructions clearly state to manually delete your old folder.
So I went back to your log earlier... and you have V1.8 installed and only one copy. But it's installed in the wrong folder? How did you install V1.8?

21 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

So I went back to your log earlier... and you have V1.8 installed and only one copy. But it's installed in the wrong folder? How did you install V1.8?

CKAN.  I'll remove it with CKAN and delete any ResearchBodies folders.  Should I try CKAN again or manually install?  I don't mind either way if it helps a) you and b) CKAN, in that order.

Edit 1: Removing it via CKAN removed both directories.

Edit 2: Adding it back using CKAN installed on the GameData\RB directory.

Back to a manual install, I guess.

Edited by Brigadier

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

CKAN.  I'll remove it with CKAN and delete any ResearchBodies folders.  Should I try CKAN again or manually install?  I don't mind either way if it helps a) you and b) CKAN, in that order.

See OP, Use of CKAN I do not support. Take that up with the CKAN guys.

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I knew that and I'll absolutely post on the CKAN topic.

I'm guessing their metadata doesn't know that I changed the location of the mod in the last version. Nor do I consider this to be my job.
I'd recommend installed manually in all cases. But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I'm guessing their metadata doesn't know that I changed the location of the mod in the last version. Nor do I consider this to be my job.
I'd recommend installed manually in all cases. But that's just me.

That is, of course, entirely your decision and I respect that. I will continue to play with your mod since I believe it is a great addition to the way I play, so thanks for your work with RB and TST.  I've enjoyed the feel of realism it adds to my play style.

On 28/07/2016 at 1:32 PM, nightingale said:

Yup, that would be ContractConfigurator#537.  I haven't had a chance to get it in yet with the latest rounds of updates causing more support headaches than expected.  However, I may need to move that from the "nice enhancements to do soon" to the "really needs to be fixed ASAP" pile, as Contract Configurator can now cause the contract generation to occur on the next frame if a contract is cancelled/withdrawn/declined.  Which can cause a contract to get offered within a couple frames.  So what used to be the possibility of fighting every 30 seconds could be fighting a couple times a second...  not good.

So everyone, @nightingale has updated Contract Configurator to support ResearchBodies. My thanks to him for making that change.
So everything should be great. CC now knows when Bodies are not found or not finished research and will not offer contracts for them and text in Mission Control to tell the player that they need research.

Go get V1.16.0 of CC if you use it.

59 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Edit 1: Removing it via CKAN removed both directories.

Edit 2: Adding it back using CKAN installed on the GameData\RB directory.

Back to a manual install, I guess.

RB removed via CKAN and folders deleted and then manually installed. No RB folder directly under GameData but is under REPOSoftTech.  A flyby Duna contract is still in the Available queue.  The RB log file is completely empty and the output log is here.

Too soon after re-install to resolve the issue??

Can you supply the save file with this Duna contract in it? The one yesterday? I didn't see it. If the contract had been offered before you upgraded then yes. But like I said RB should be removing it. So I'd like to look at that contract more.

4 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Can you supply the save file with this Duna contract in it? The one yesterday? I didn't see it. If the contract had been offered before you upgraded then yes. But like I said RB should be removing it. So I'd like to look at that contract more.

I knew I was missing something, sorry.  Here.  Same game, just slightly further along so it's a new persistent file.

Edited by Brigadier

4 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I knew I was missing something, sorry.  Here.  Same game, just slightly further along so it's a new persistent file.

Thanks I'll look soon when I get home. As for the RB log being empty. I'll look at that to see if it's writing correctly, but I'm guessing it won't be empty by the time you shutdown KSP and it closes the file.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Thanks I'll look soon when I get home. As for the RB log being empty. I'll look at that to see if it's writing correctly, but I'm guessing it won't be empty by the time you shutdown KSP and it closes the file.

And...you are correct again (sigh, I feel like such a plug). Anyway, here's the new RB log file.

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Ok I think I know what is going on here.

bug report raised: https://github.com/JPLRepo/ResearchBodies/issues/14

V1.8.1 Released. See OP. Improves integration with Contract Configurator.
If you are not using Contract Configurator then there is nothing else to see in this small release, but I have HUGE plans for an upcoming update once KSP 1.2 drops.

@Brigadier - I could not find the problem of you Flyby World First contract and could not replicate it. I have left the bug open and on the OP. If anyone else has this problem or if you are able to reproduce it then please capture and send my your logs and save file  from the Game session when you get a World First Flyby contract for a Body that should be Un-discovered so I can investigate further.

On 2016-07-30 at 0:26 PM, JPLRepo said:

V1.8.1 Released. See OP. Improves integration with Contract Configurator.
If you are not using Contract Configurator then there is nothing else to see in this small release, but I have HUGE plans for an upcoming update once KSP 1.2 drops.

@Brigadier - I could not find the problem of you Flyby World First contract and could not replicate it. I have left the bug open and on the OP. If anyone else has this problem or if you are able to reproduce it then please capture and send my your logs and save file  from the Game session when you get a World First Flyby contract for a Body that should be Un-discovered so I can investigate further.

RB v1.8.1 (manually installed), CC v1.16.2

A Duna contract is still available and no further body research has been attempted since the last save. Haven't even put a scope into orbit yet.

Persistent, output_log and RB log in this directory.  Hopefully you can see the files.

Just now, Brigadier said:

RB v1.8.1 (manually installed), CC v1.16.2

A Duna contract is still available and no further body research has been attempted since the last save. Haven't even put a scope into orbit yet.

Persistent, output_log and RB log in this directory.  Hopefully you can see the files.

Yes but is this still the same save you sent me the other day? the Contract has already  been generated in older versions of CC and RB....
I need a new occurrence.

53 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes but is this still the same save you sent me the other day? the Contract has already  been generated in older versions of CC and RB....
I need a new occurrence.

Gotcha.  So, would that be another contract (e.g. another planet) in the same save or a completely new save?

10 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Gotcha.  So, would that be another contract (e.g. another planet) in the same save or a completely new save?

A new contract appears as a flyby world first. With the latest CC and RB. I don't think you will get another in that save until you complete the Duna one (or decline it)

Edited by JPLRepo

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

A new contract appears as a flyby world first. With the latest CC and RB. I don't think you will get another in that save until you complete the Duna one (or decline it)

I'll give it a shot, decline the contract to see what happens and get back to you.  Thanks for the help.

I suddenly became unable to research (research button on the lab screen didn't respond to clicks), so I went to debug and revealed input locks. It listed ResearchBodies_KeyBinder. Upon removing the mod, I could click research buttons.

Using a variety of mods, the only one related to research screen is Community Tech Tree.

Is this input lock necessary?

Edit: It seems I am mistaken; the issue persists. I can research about two times and then it locks up, regardless of ResearchBodies. After leaving the RnD and reentering it, I can research two more times before it locks up again. Apologies.

Now to find out what is causing this...

Edited by Mipe