[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate to ask about the status of an update, but I've reached a point in my career playthrough where if I advance time at all, I'm hit with the bug where I go from the initial bodies being visible to all bodies being visible. I've been able to roll back to a backup made prior to the bug kicking in, but I'm basically stopped from playing now because advancing time at all reveals all of the bodies. I'm not trying to pressure for a quick update release, but rather trying to ascertain if said update is coming soon enough to justify setting KSP aside for a little while or if I should just accept that all CB's are now going to be visible and I should just press forward without being able to discover them gradually.

Sorry again, but thanks if you reply

Edited by SpacedInvader

Practically Research Bodies is broken on KSP 1.11.2.   There is a fix to it, but it's annoying.  Go to your save file, find "isResearched" without the quotes, then scroll down to  VESSELSINSOI { } and delete that section.  So if it looks like this:

VESSELSINSOI
            {
                CELESTIALBODY
                {
                    body = Neidon
                    VESSELINFO
                    {
                        vesselId = 1275415811
                        timeEnteredSOI = 8391677.239838738
                    }
                }
            }

Delete the whole VESSELSINSOI section.  Then scroll back up to isResearched for whatever bodies were in the VESSELSINSOI brackets, and change the researchState to 100.  So if it looks like this:

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 30
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

Change it to this:

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 100
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

It fixes the freeze-up issue on the Observatory and also fixes all bodies showing up in the Tracking Station.  But now, for example, Neidon is 100% researched.   I'm "researching" more bodies with this fix than with using the actual mod.

Edited by Kerbex

3 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Practically Research Bodies is broken on KSP 1.11.2.   There is a fix to it, but it's annoying.  Go to your save file, find "isResearched" without the quotes, then scroll down to  VESSELSINSOI { } and delete that section.  So if it looks like this:

VESSELSINSOI
            {
                CELESTIALBODY
                {
                    body = Neidon
                    VESSELINFO
                    {
                        vesselId = 1275415811
                    }
                }
            }

Delete the whole VESSELSINSOI section.  Then scroll back up to isResearched for whatever bodies were in the VESSELSINSOI brackets, and change the researchState to 100.  So if it looks like this:

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 30
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

Change it to this:

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 100
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

It fixes the freeze-up issue on the Observatory and also fixes all bodies showing up in the Tracking Station.  But now, for example, Neidon is 100% researched.   I'm "researching" more bodies with this fix than with using the actual mod.

It sounds from previous posts that JPLRepo has already solved this and other issues,  but the update is still in testing. The only reason I'd asked about its status is that its been nearly a month since the last communication.

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo The RCS module in the telescope in this mod is still the old ModuleRCS, which has the effects both reversed and extremely large . This patch fixes that.

For anyone trying to use the RCS thrusters on the telescope, this patch fixes the effects:

// This patch fixes the RCS thrusters in the part TrackBodiesTelescope  (TB-75M Telescope)
//
// Patch written by LinuxGuruGamer
//
@PART[TrackBodiesTelescope]
{

!MODULE[ModuleRCS]{}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCS
		thrusterPower = 1
		resourceName = MonoPropellant
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 240
			key = 1 100
			key = 8 0.001
		}

atmosphereCurve
		{
   		 	key = 0 280
  		 	key = 1 100
			key = 8 0.001
		}
	}
	EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCS
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.1
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.5
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCS
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 1.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}
	}
}

On 4/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, Kerbex said:

This does work temporarily for me, but it may be that I still have vessels in the SOI that causes the bug to just simply start again the minute I enter the tracking station.

I accidentally discovered Lua (Beyond Home, first home planet's moon) and it triggered the bug. Hopefully deleting all existing craft around it will fix the issue.

Edit: After extensive testing, no. Still only a temporary fix until the scene changes and then back to bugged.

Edited by IggyHitokage

Gonna keep an eye on this one.  Can you add it to a campaign game once you've started the game but haven't made it out to any other planets?

18 hours ago, Probus said:

Gonna keep an eye on this one.  Can you add it to a campaign game once you've started the game but haven't made it out to any other planets?

I'm not entirely sure but logic would indicate that in a standard career game you start with all the planets discovered.  When you add this mod, I don't think it re-hides them.  Starting with RB from the beginning is better.

I might suggest you copy your KSP folder, add the RB mod to the copy and test the theory.  It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to verify at no risk.  If it works, continue playing on the copy.  If it doesn't return to the original.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, Kerbex said:

VESSELSINSOI
            {
                CELESTIALBODY
                {
                    body = Neidon
                    VESSELINFO
                    {
                        vesselId = 1275415811
                    }
                }
            }

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 30
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

Change it to this:

BODY
            {
                body = Neidon
                isResearched = True
                researchState = 100
                ignore = True
                ContractsWeight = 10
            }

So I attempted to do this. But anytime I change scenes the info I deleted reappears no matter what I tried. so any help here would be appreciated.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, Tez613 said:

So I attempted to do this. But anytime I change scenes the info I deleted reappears no matter what I tried. so any help here would be appreciated.

I tried to do it myself and nothing ever changed, so I said screw it and moved on. Strangely enough, when I couldn't research other bodies, I just forced it to unlock a new body and the entire bug... resolved itself.

I'm not sure if this is what caused it, but if you research an unrelated body via changing the research state to 100%, maybe it'll fix the bug.

So it appears that Research Bodies has completely broken my save. With it repeating this line

"ResearchBodies.ResearchBodiesController.SetIndividualBodyDiscoveryLevel (System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[TKey,TValue] cb) (at <4bc8e47f29f64133a2b8c06daa020953>:0)"

200,000 times in the log file when I go to load my save. With my save working apparently fine fine after removing the mod all together.

With the full log here https://www.dropbox.com/s/owckfxs5jwnqv07/KSP.7z?dl=0 let me know if I did something wrong with the upload

On 6/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, AlexALX said:

Any news about update? Can we at least have unstable github update - so who want can test?

Sorry, yeah real life. Work, deaths in the family, etc. It's been hectic.

With 1.12.0 about to release I think I'll hold off putting out a full release until then. It's less than 2 weeks.

15 hours ago, Tez613 said:

So it appears that Research Bodies has completely broken my save. With it repeating this line

"ResearchBodies.ResearchBodiesController.SetIndividualBodyDiscoveryLevel (System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[TKey,TValue] cb) (at <4bc8e47f29f64133a2b8c06daa020953>:0)"

200,000 times in the log file when I go to load my save. With my save working apparently fine fine after removing the mod all together.

With the full log here https://www.dropbox.com/s/owckfxs5jwnqv07/KSP.7z?dl=0 let me know if I did something wrong with the upload

I took a look at your log. there's lots of errors and not just this mod.
But I have no idea how you've managed to kill this mod. I can see it's broken. But for me to investigate I would have to spend hours installing all the mods you have installed to try and reproduce.

4 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry, yeah real life. Work, deaths in the family, etc. It's been hectic.

With 1.12.0 about to release I think I'll hold off putting out a full release until then. It's less than 2 weeks.

I took a look at your log. there's lots of errors and not just this mod.
But I have no idea how you've managed to kill this mod. I can see it's broken. But for me to investigate I would have to spend hours installing all the mods you have installed to try and reproduce.

Oh damn that's really unfortunate. I'm sorry for your loss. you take your time for the release. 

Yeah tbh I would not even have a hint at expecting you to debug my game or breaks, I though it might be helpful and could help me get it working again is all. I can live without it as my save still seems to be working lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Average joe thats not joe said:

how can I change or reset the research status of some planets as I had encountered some sort of bug which made me discover every planet and their orbits without me doing anything, as I dont wanna start a new save and wanna play around with this mod at the same time

pretty sure answered this plenty of times before but anyway.

Edit your persistent.sfs save file.

look for this:

SCENARIO
	{
		name = ResearchBodies
		scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
		lastTimeCheckedSOIs = 149.18000000000251
		RBGameSettings
		{
			BODY
			{
				body = Sun
				isResearched = True
				researchState = 100
				ignore = True
				ContractsWeight = 30
			}

there is a BODY section for each celestial body. change  isResearched to isResearched = False and researchState = 0 to reset them back to unknown/undiscovered.