[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

Oh good, so would this be why clicking research bodies makes every KSC object unclickable/doesn't go to the telescope screen as of recent?

It's one of my few must have mods.  I could have sworn it was working for me a couple weeks ago, but recently I only get the aforementioned effects when trying to get to the observatory.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ski23 said:

I started a career with the beyond home planet pack. At first all other orbits were invisible but now all orbits are visible even with this mod installed. Do you have any advice of things to try to fix this?

Maybe give the instructions in this post a try:

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Kerdel said:

I'm waiting to start a career (1.12.2) and want to try this mod out with it, is it possible to add it midgame without problems when 1.12.2 is out? or should i wait for the release first

1.12.2 is already out https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history.

RB currently officially supports 1.10.9.  If you read back a few pages you'll see some issues raised by players in later versions.  That said, I'm currently playing it in a KSP 1.11.2 install and haven't encountered any major problems.

I wouldn't recommend adding it mid-game since part of the allure of this mod is that you have to discover the planets over time and research them.  If you've already made it to various bodies then part of the gameplay is gone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a weird problem. I'm using the outer-planets mod, and one of them (Sarnus) starts out as discovered, even though I've set the difficulty on the mod to high. I edit the save file to make it undiscovered, before even entering the tracking station, and find that as soon as I enter the tracking station it shows up, and furthermore updates the persistent save file to show it as discovered. In the distant past, i had that oddity with Sarnus starting out discovered, but was able to fix it via a save file edit.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:53 PM, Aardvark said:

I'm having a weird problem. I'm using the outer-planets mod, and one of them (Sarnus) starts out as discovered, even though I've set the difficulty on the mod to high. I edit the save file to make it undiscovered, before even entering the tracking station, and find that as soon as I enter the tracking station it shows up, and furthermore updates the persistent save file to show it as discovered. In the distant past, i had that oddity with Sarnus starting out discovered, but was able to fix it via a save file edit.

It is rather large. Perhaps the idea is that it's visible from Kerbin anyways, and so since they can see it, it's starting visible? IDK just trying to find a lore reason to help ya. Hope somebody answers that for ya. :)

Just sharing that this mod seem to work fine with 1.12 for me so far.

I have a large modlist, incl GPP... and everything seem to be ok. Still early career though...
Just wanted to share since it say "Max version 1.10.9" in CKAN.

Thought I had it working for me with 1.12 but every body is visible as others have mentioned. Altering save file doesn't fix it unfortunately. 

EDIT:  Maybe spoke too soon. Don't really want to start new game without this mod so I did a clean install and am working mod by mod to hopefully narrow down conflict. Will report back if / what I find.

Edited by Fihnakis

Narrowed it down to the mod created by @Angel-125 , Blueshift.  Here's 2 log files. First, before install of Blueshift and the second is after install. This error might mean something? I tried also disable anomalies and still makes every body visible.  Could removing / editing the configs for both anomalies and jump gates so it doesn't set the last planet for both Sun and Grannus system? I'm guessing that's what forcing bodies to become visible?

Spoiler

[ERR 19:53:20.099] Exception loading ScenarioModule ResearchBodies: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Eeloo
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at ResearchBodies.RBGameSettings.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x003a2] in <4bc8e47f29f64133a2b8c06daa020953>:0 
  at ResearchBodies.ResearchBodies.OnLoad (ConfigNode gameNode) [0x00011] in <4bc8e47f29f64133a2b8c06daa020953>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x0000e] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (ConfigNode node) [0x0005e] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

[LOG 19:53:20.103] [Blueshift] Last planet in the Sun system is: Nara
[LOG 19:53:20.103] [Blueshift] Last planet in the Grannus system is: Cernunnos

Edited by Fihnakis

Is there a way to force contracts to show up? The observatory doesn't seem to work without a contract, so I can't discover any bodies because no contracts for this are appearing. I've got Contract Configurator installed so I know they're possible because they're in the All section, they're just not showing in Available

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, AlexALX said:

any news about this?) thanks.

Yeah still on my list. But there’s some issues with contract configurator that I was hoping might get updated first. I’ll try to find some time over the next week to have another look at it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very strange bug happen to me and I want to know if this has happened to anyone else. I'm on 1.12 BTW. Everything was working fine until suddenly, I noticed that all bodies were discovered and that entering the observatory bricks the game. I don't know when exactly this happened, but some things that I think might have been the culprit are:

• Accepting a contract pertaining to Gilly (a body I hadn't discovered yet)
  • The "Search the Skies" contract
  • Upgrading my tracking station to level 3, which may have revealed asteroids orbiting an undiscovered body?

Uninstalling KabinKraziness (it's in the REPOSoftTech folder alongside ResearchBodies)

Now, I do understand that logfiles are normally needed for support, but I just don't know what log to give you here.

1 hour ago, Sirius628 said:

I had a very strange bug happen to me and I want to know if this has happened to anyone else. I'm on 1.12 BTW. Everything was working fine until suddenly, I noticed that all bodies were discovered and that entering the observatory bricks the game. I don't know when exactly this happened, but some things that I think might have been the culprit are:

• Accepting a contract pertaining to Gilly (a body I hadn't discovered yet)
  • The "Search the Skies" contract
  • Upgrading my tracking station to level 3, which may have revealed asteroids orbiting an undiscovered body?

Uninstalling KabinKraziness (it's in the REPOSoftTech folder alongside ResearchBodies)

Now, I do understand that logfiles are normally needed for support, but I just don't know what log to give you here.

Update, opening the observatory doesn't do anything bad if I open it immediately upon firing up the game. However, if I go to the tracking station or map view, and then the observatory, the game ends up in a bricked state of the KSC where I can look around but not click on anything.

EDIT: Okay, I've done some scrolling back and seen people having the same issue. Thing is, the culprit in those situations always seems to be entering the SOI of an undiscovered body. I have not done anything of the sort. In fact, I have only visited Kerbin, the Mün, and Minmus, all three of which I have configured to start discovered.

Edited by Sirius628