[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

21 hours ago, Brigadier said:

我的第一个猜测是最好的起点是 mod 根目录中包含 autoLOC 条目的“Localization.cfg”文件。除此之外,我不知道如何建议如何实现额外的语言支持。但是,我注意到该文件中已经有很多语言部分,其中之一是 zh-cn。

Maybe I just didn't find it, after all, some mods have localization files in separate folders... Anyway, I will create a Pull Request on Github.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod has so many bugs: 

Can only research the top celestial object in the list; 

Contracts show up as if you landed on wherever you have only 0% research; 

Progression thinks you have completed exploration of an object when you only found it in the sky; 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 10:41 PM, JPLRepo said:

Actually I do recall having a file for RSS planets... Must have dropped off the radar.
I'll dig it up and fix it up and include in next version.

Did you ever dig this up? If you still have it can you please post it?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 5:03 AM, ZhaoFJx said:

Maybe I just didn't find it, after all, some mods have localization files in separate folders... Anyway, I will create a Pull Request on Github.

Since the author hasn't merge your pull request after more than a year, maybe you could just include the localization to the Chinese Mod Patches? (I just realized you are the maintainer of CMP ^^)

By the way, I just made a Chinese translation by myself before I found out you did the same thing a year ago. Now I'm literally crying...

On 4/13/2023 at 6:02 AM, JPLRepo said:

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

Will you please consider integrate the features of this mod to stock KSP2?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, KKKerman said:

Will you please consider integrate the features of this mod to stock KSP2?

That probably isn't up to JPLRepo, although he may have some influence.  A lot goes on in a game design studio that's above even a Senior Dev.  Your best place to advocate for feature inclusion is on the KSP2 forum, such as

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/120-ksp2-suggestions-and-development-discussion/

Edited by Brigadier

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've installed this mod on an existing save, I haven't even reached orbit yet and have a lvl 1 tracking station. My problem is that I see all the bodies, is there a way to clear the register so they're hidden again?

• 1 month later...

I've lately been trying this mod out with the Real Solar System mod, though it doesn't look like it was made for system replacement mods in general.

To fix this, I'd recommend replacing any instances with Kerbin with HomeWorld(), so that the mod would be able to better adapt towards any other mods that replace the Kerbals' homeworld of Kerbin with another world.

Alternatively, other modders could opt to replace any instances of Kerbin (or other celestial bodies) with other planet packs' homeworld via patching, but that's not as ideal as making the mod more flexible and adaptable.

Edit: After further digging, I've discovered a little file called database.cfg, which seems to possess the names of numerous bodies within the Kerbolar system. I reckon that the file was designed with patchability in mind, where modders could develop patches that add the names of various celestial bodies from other mods to be discovered at game start on various difficulties (such as Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon from the Outer Planets Mod), and in the case of system replacement mods, possibly remove Kerbin and the other planets and moons from the list in order to be replaced with the names of their mod's homeworld plus neighboring celestial bodies (such as Earth, the Moon, and their neighboring planets and moons from the Real Solar System mod).

Edit #2:

Oh, if anyone was curious as to how I managed to spot this issue, here's a small snippet of my .log file (while I had Real Solar System installed):

[LOG 19:01:00.092] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RB_ResearchBody'
[LOG 19:01:00.119] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Successfully loaded CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_ResearchBody'
[LOG 19:01:00.150] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RB_SearchSkies'
[LOG 19:01:00.157] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Successfully loaded CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_SearchSkies'
[LOG 19:01:00.161] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RB_TelescopeResearchBody'
[ERR 19:01:00.166] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_TelescopeResearchBody', PARAMETER 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.170] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_TelescopeResearchBody'
[LOG 19:01:00.175] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RB_TeleScopeSearchSkies'
[ERR 19:01:00.179] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_TeleScopeSearchSkies', PARAMETER 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.183] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'RB_TeleScopeSearchSkies'

It seems these bugged-out contracts were set to use Kerbin as a reference, which was why they bug out whenever Kerbin is removed and replaced with a different homeworld. I recommend replacing any instances of "Kerbin" with "HomeWorld()" to fix this issue, so that it wouldn't happen whenever Kerbin is replaced with a different homeworld through mods like Galileo Planets Pack or Real Solar System.

Edit: Replaced all instances of "Homeworld()" with "HomeWorld()", since in scripting, case matters. (Note the capitalization of the letter "W".) My mistake.:unsure:

Edited by Shadow Wolf TJC
Replaced all instances of "Homeworld()" with "HomeWorld()", since in scripting, case matters. (Note the capitalization of the letter "W".)

• 2 weeks later...