Jump to content

[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)


JPLRepo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I downgraded Scatterer to 0.0831 to fix TST zoom

But here is a new problem, when I take pictures for a new celestial body and transmit the science the percentage stays at 0% no matter how many pictures I take and transmit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

It does not work with RP-1. I tried to get it to work but my knowledge of the coding is still in it's infancy. But I believe (Not sure tho) That it is a conflict between the mods with the barnyard kit mod. Since they both modify the ksc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Took a nice picture of Kerbin's horizon today but noticed that there's a mirror image that doesn't belong.  This occurs only in the large version of the shot.  The small version, which seems to be taken at the same time as the large one, doesn't have the artifact.

PFHEcnl.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, Juba said:

For me..

Taking pictures using TST scopes does not give Research progress.

Funny, mine does.  I open the ResearchBodies and telescope GUI dialogs from the telescope, zoom in as close as practical for a stable image, click Take Picture on the Space Telescope window and transmit.  The more often I do this, the higher the percentage becomes.  I return to the Observatory, and the numbers have changed there as well.

Perhaps you could post a log file for us to look at?

Edited by Brigadier
Missing a word.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Funny, mine does.  I open the ResearchBodies and telescope GUI dialogs from the telescope, zoom in as close as practical for a stable image, click Take Picture on the Space Telescope window and transmit.  The more often I do this, the higher the percentage becomes.  I return to the Observatory, and the numbers have changed there as well.

Perhaps you could post a log file for us to look at?

Just tried again still does not give research percentage.

 

KSP.LOG

Player.Log

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Juba said:

Just tried again still does not give research percentage.

Thanks for the logs.  Although not all are related to TST and RB, there are 2605 error lines in KSP log, mostly due to textures and shaders.   I'm not an expert and not a modder but I don't think you should be getting any errors with ToolbarController, for example.  Some of these are general exceptions and NREs, including by RB, but the biggest culprits appear to be Tantares and whatever "mk3galaxy" is from.

Sorry and i can't be of more help.  Some obvious questions that you many have already addressed:

  1. Are all of your mods up-to-date and compatible with KSP 1.12.3 (they look like they are but there are so many)?
  2. How are you installing your mods, manually or with CKAN?

You might consider duplicating the game and, on the copy, start removing mods a few at a time (least important first) until the problem goes away.  I think there are more issues with this install than just RB/TST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 10:31 PM, Brigadier said:

Thanks for the logs.  Although not all are related to TST and RB, there are 2605 error lines in KSP log, mostly due to textures and shaders.   I'm not an expert and not a modder but I don't think you should be getting any errors with ToolbarController, for example.  Some of these are general exceptions and NREs, including by RB, but the biggest culprits appear to be Tantares and whatever "mk3galaxy" is from.

Sorry and i can't be of more help.  Some obvious questions that you many have already addressed:

  1. Are all of your mods up-to-date and compatible with KSP 1.12.3 (they look like they are but there are so many)?
  2. How are you installing your mods, manually or with CKAN?

You might consider duplicating the game and, on the copy, start removing mods a few at a time (least important first) until the problem goes away.  I think there are more issues with this install than just RB/TST.

 

Thank you.

I Deleted all mods and indeed RB with TST is working again.
Took me the whole day adding all my mods back (I think) and still RB with TST is working fine... huh!

Maybe things got corrupted overtime while tons of mods get updated from CKAN, and its just time to have a clean install ? Maybe @JeyJeyKing is having a similar issue.

Still I get errors in loading screen, I don't think you can have a heavy modded KSP without getting errors? I mean if things working fine then error all the way, right ?

But still if its not trouble for you, could you check my new log for anything major please ?
Thanks again.
KSP.LOG

 

Edited by Juba
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Juba said:

I Deleted all mods and indeed RB with TST is working again.

Took me the whole day adding all my mods back (I think) and still RB with TST is working fine... huh!

Maybe things got corrupted overtime while tons of mods get updated from CKAN, and its just time to have a clean install ? Maybe @JeyJeyKing is having a similar issue.

Still I get errors in loading screen, I don't think you can have a heavy modded KSP without getting errors? I mean if things working fine then error all the way, right ?

But still if its not trouble for you, could you check my new log for anything major please ?
Thanks again.
KSP.LOG

Glad you've resolved one issue.

I suggest you load your KSP.log file into a decent text editor, such as Notepad+, or even Word if you have to (which might gag on the file size), and search for "[ERR " and "NullReferenceException" (what's called an 'NRE').  These searches will flag most of the error conditions.  Look through these and their associated text looking for clues about which mod is throwing them and ask in the appropriate forums.  For example, you have 1000+ errors, including NREs from Scatterer and ModuleManager.  Some of them may be of no consequence while others might suggest mod incompatibilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey is there anyway to integrate this into an existing world (I havent been to any bodies besides mun, minmus and the orbit of the sun) like a setting somewhere in the files that lets me hide all the bodies or do you need to start a new world completley?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

What are these "REPOSoftTech" orbits visible in the tracking station?  Research Bodies is the only mod that appears to use this name anywhere so it must be related but I cannot find any information about what these orbits are.  There's two of them here, this blue one and the green one closer in.  I tried putting a satellite matching the green one but it did nothing.  Help?

unknown.png

I can include my log if desired, but I search every ERR within it and it's just some texture things with Parallax, nothing showing up related to orbits or RB as far as I can tell.  I presume this is just some function of the mod I'm not understanding rather than an error.

 

Edit: I am also having a problem with not getting progress when looking at objects with the telescope either.  I can get thousands of science by repeatedly scanning them, but no progress on the object percentage in the observatory.

Edited by WIbigdog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WIbigdog said:

What are these "REPOSoftTech" orbits visible in the tracking station?  Research Bodies is the only mod that appears to use this name anywhere so it must be related but I cannot find any information about what these orbits are.  There's two of them here, this blue one and the green one closer in.  I tried putting a satellite matching the green one but it did nothing.  Help?

unknown.png

I can include my log if desired, but I search every ERR within it and it's just some texture things with Parallax, nothing showing up related to orbits or RB as far as I can tell.  I presume this is just some function of the mod I'm not understanding rather than an error.

 

Edit: I am also having a problem with not getting progress when looking at objects with the telescope either.  I can get thousands of science by repeatedly scanning them, but no progress on the object percentage in the observatory.

It seems that you are in career mode. If you get a contract to place a satellite in orbit, the orbit shows up even if you don't accept the contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

It seems that you are in career mode. If you get a contract to place a satellite in orbit, the orbit shows up even if you don't accept the contract.

I am, and I'm aware of those contracts, but there are none that match this orbit, nor that have that company name.  I went to a bone-stock version of KSP with just Research Bodies and Distant Object Enhancement and these seemingly random orbits are still showing up in the tracker.  They must mean something but there seems to be no documentation in the mod about what they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I looked through the files, I found the relevant thing in : CC_RB_TelescopeSearchSkiesContract.cfg  It just generates a random orbit while it's active...but there's no point as it's not a requirement to do anything with it to complete the search skies contract as far as I'm aware?  Unless you're supposed to move one of your telescopes there?  but it never says to do that and it doesn't prevent the contract from completing as it just autocompletes when the timer is done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...