JPLRepo

[1.3.1] ResearchBodies V1.9.6 (8th Oct 2017)

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Like @TheRagingIrishman Stated above, OPM and GPP are good to go, however, RB makes changes to the textures, causing them to be "glossy". This is a game breaker for me personally, but if you don't mind it, go for it. I don't know of any other planet packs that are fully compatible with the latest RB

Yeah. and RB does change the gloss/shininess. I have to find a few hours to tinker with these settings to fix...
Just struggling with the 1.3.1 prerelease and all. It's on my list. Hopefully in the next week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Yeah. and RB does change the gloss/shininess. I have to find a few hours to tinker with these settings to fix...
Just struggling with the 1.3.1 prerelease and all. It's on my list. Hopefully in the next week or so.

No rush! You have enough spinning plates above your head I can imagine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, flashfire2205 said:

Does this version work with 1.2.2.

The latest is for 1.3.0
There was a develop version for 1.2.2 - but it was not complete. Note it's requirement for version of Contract Configurator mod. Also, I don't support older versions. So use at your own risk.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/ResearchBodies/releases/tag/V1.9.1-Develop
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love the obserbatory UI

its a realy good mod to have:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to this mod and I was wondering if it is normal for it to take 10 scans to get minmus to 100%. It seems far to long. On hard that is something like 5 years. Is there a way to shorten that and decrease the amount of scans it takes?

Edit: with TarsierSpaceTech im able to speed the process up by taking photos so that will do the job for me :))

These 2 mods work nice together :)

Edited by dave1904

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To follow up on my previous issue - Ignore it. LOL

It must have been a save issue, though I did go way way back in saves testing it, I've got past two or more years twice now without the countdowns stopping in new games. It could be an issue with another mod as I'm playing a slimmed down version of what I used previously. I'm reveling my age here but remember when 6GB of RAM seemed like a lot? LOL

 

I've been playing and testing this a lot (both mods), because I love it so much, and am wondering if Galaxies and servos for fine tuning still exist.  I haven't played with the chemcam at all yet. So little time.

I read that servos, buttons j.k.i.l, are used to zero in on the object but none of the buttons I have mapped for direction work. Yet, there is a button for disabling the servos. Some small distant moons are near impossible to take a pic of without it and my deep space telescope is way out past Mun.

I've yet to discover a Galaxy and I see no such images in my starry sky no matter how magnified the image is. I've found all the bodies and mapped half the orbits (8 years into a career) and I occasionally see a "faint signal" saying we need a more powerful telescope but my research tree is full (except warp drive) and as far as I can tell I'm using the most powerful telescope available.

 

I'm on the fence about dave1904's comment myself. For a game it does seem to take a long time to finish all the research but I remind myself that telescopes have been around for hundreds of years. The Hubble wasn't the first. LOL

Part of the appeal is it adds realism but I do find myself getting impatient to map the solar system. With OPM and NH together there is a lot to map but what must it be like with GPP? And, I expect they will keep getting bigger. I'm a patent man but a shorter research option might work better for a lot of people. And, yes, I have been taking pix to speed the process up. I make a lot of science relatively early that way and even more again when the contract for a pic comes up.

Now that I think about it one reason I love this mod is that I no longer have to get a lab to Jool to fill out my Tech Tree. I sit at home and play with telescopes like RL. LOL

 

I can confirm that we do have to go back to a telescope to collect science points and finish the "find one or more bodies" contracts. I was living at the scopes and didn't notice that before. LOL

 

Thanks again, great mod!

 

Edited by Capt. Kermit
Add Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I upgraded my OS from Vista to Win7 and that seems to have solved the no Galaxies issue. Still no servos though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP v1.3 64-bit, and RB v1.9.5 manually installed and otherwise working fine.

I've noticed a couple of minor issues with the observatory, based on this picture.  I had started the career save with all of the planets discovered (by mistake, but oh well) and only went into the observatory once I'd put a TST scope in orbit for the first time and took some holiday snaps :cool:.

  1. Even though I've selected Jool the text says that "The Sun is now fully researched..."  This applied to all the bodies (Kerbin said Sun, Mun/Minmus said Kerbin, all others said Sun, but the Sun was correct); and,
  2. There appears to be some click-through happening (the black box below the observatory text is from Kerbal Alarm Clock).

Unrelated, I noticed that, for some reason, Moho was still being researched but I couldn't advance the research past 10%, only cancel.  Not sure why if all the planets are supposed to be researched already.

Here's the Log of the game in progress.  I could certainly make it smaller if you need me to.

Edited by Brigadier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to start using this mod after starting a save? I still have the tracking station at level 1 so, from my previous experience with this mod, observatory should still be locked....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about detecting objects: Does detection take the radius of the objects into account? For example, a planet would be detected before one of that planet's moons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 6:12 PM, Brigadier said:

KSP v1.3 64-bit, and RB v1.9.5 manually installed and otherwise working fine.

I've noticed a couple of minor issues with the observatory, based on this picture.  I had started the career save with all of the planets discovered (by mistake, but oh well) and only went into the observatory once I'd put a TST scope in orbit for the first time and took some holiday snaps :cool:.

  1. Even though I've selected Jool the text says that "The Sun is now fully researched..."  This applied to all the bodies (Kerbin said Sun, Mun/Minmus said Kerbin, all others said Sun, but the Sun was correct); and,
  2. There appears to be some click-through happening (the black box below the observatory text is from Kerbal Alarm Clock).

Unrelated, I noticed that, for some reason, Moho was still being researched but I couldn't advance the research past 10%, only cancel.  Not sure why if all the planets are supposed to be researched already.

Here's the Log of the game in progress.  I could certainly make it smaller if you need me to.

1. - Yep is a bug. Will be fixed in next version.

2. - Not a lot can do about that, it depends on the other mods.
3. Re research - Moho. Not sure what you mean. Need some more info. You are trying to research it how? Are you using the contracts?

On 10/2/2017 at 11:48 AM, seanth said:

Question about detecting objects: Does detection take the radius of the objects into account? For example, a planet would be detected before one of that planet's moons.

No it's random. based on what is in the field of view of the telescope/observatory.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:22 PM, notJebKerman said:

Is it possible to start using this mod after starting a save? I still have the tracking station at level 1 so, from my previous experience with this mod, observatory should still be locked....

Yes. You can now turn it on and off in an existing save. Read back a page or two for details.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:12 AM, Capt. Kermit said:

To follow up on my previous issue - Ignore it. LOL

It must have been a save issue, though I did go way way back in saves testing it, I've got past two or more years twice now without the countdowns stopping in new games. It could be an issue with another mod as I'm playing a slimmed down version of what I used previously. I'm reveling my age here but remember when 6GB of RAM seemed like a lot? LOL

 

I've been playing and testing this a lot (both mods), because I love it so much, and am wondering if Galaxies and servos for fine tuning still exist.  I haven't played with the chemcam at all yet. So little time.

I read that servos, buttons j.k.i.l, are used to zero in on the object but none of the buttons I have mapped for direction work. Yet, there is a button for disabling the servos. Some small distant moons are near impossible to take a pic of without it and my deep space telescope is way out past Mun.

I've yet to discover a Galaxy and I see no such images in my starry sky no matter how magnified the image is. I've found all the bodies and mapped half the orbits (8 years into a career) and I occasionally see a "faint signal" saying we need a more powerful telescope but my research tree is full (except warp drive) and as far as I can tell I'm using the most powerful telescope available.

 

I'm on the fence about dave1904's comment myself. For a game it does seem to take a long time to finish all the research but I remind myself that telescopes have been around for hundreds of years. The Hubble wasn't the first. LOL

Part of the appeal is it adds realism but I do find myself getting impatient to map the solar system. With OPM and NH together there is a lot to map but what must it be like with GPP? And, I expect they will keep getting bigger. I'm a patent man but a shorter research option might work better for a lot of people. And, yes, I have been taking pix to speed the process up. I make a lot of science relatively early that way and even more again when the contract for a pic comes up.

Now that I think about it one reason I love this mod is that I no longer have to get a lab to Jool to fill out my Tech Tree. I sit at home and play with telescopes like RL. LOL

 

I can confirm that we do have to go back to a telescope to collect science points and finish the "find one or more bodies" contracts. I was living at the scopes and didn't notice that before. LOL

 

Thanks again, great mod!

 

Not sure which mod you are talking about? chemcam - is Tarsier Space Tech, not this mod. servos buttons - are also Tarsier Space Tech, not this mod.

[edit] Showing my age. I remember when 64k  of RAM was a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should probably make the "few bodies" Eve, Moho, Duna, Ike, Jool, Sarnus (if OPM is installed), Mün, and Minmus.

The progression of discovery could go like this (with OPM and RevSSS): Tylo, Laythe, Vall, Slate, Eeloo, Tekto, Urlum, Dres, Neidon, Bop, Pol, Plock, Karen, Wal, Gilly, Gobe, Ameli, Kev, Rimos, Mix, Hale, Ovok, Polta, Priax, Thatmo, Nissee, Tal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

3. Re research - Moho. Not sure what you mean. Need some more info. You are trying to research it how? Are you using the contracts?

I meant that I could not determine the way towards 100% research of a planet listed in the Observatory, especially considering that I started the game with all the planets researched.  No contract.

However, I figured it out - take more pictures (duh!).  Thanks for a very intriguing mod.

Edited by Brigadier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I meant that I could not determine the way towards 100% research of a planet listed in the Observatory, especially considering that I started the game with all the planets researched.  No contract.

However, I figured it out - take more pictures (duh!).  Thanks for a very intriguing mod.

ah ok. Cool.
I'll be releasing a New version for KSP 1.3.1 in the coming couple of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JPLRepo said:

I'll be releasing a New version for KSP 1.3.1 in the coming couple of hours.

Thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I'll be releasing a New version for KSP 1.3.1 in the coming couple of hours.

Oh very nice...does it happen to have a fix for the alpha layer conundrum? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

V1.9.6 published for KSP 1.3.1.
Changelog:
 

Spoiler

*Re-Compile for KSP 1.3.1
*Fixed orbiting text in Observatory. The sun no longer orbits the sun.
*Fixed the research complete message always saying you can now send a vessel to the the bodies parent body. Now shows the correct one.
*Fixes to Tarsier Space Technology (TST) integration for researching Galaxies not showing up in the OBservatory or being persisted correctly.
*When finding TST galaxies they don't show the Found message twice any more and they show the actual localized Galaxy name instead of their internal name.
*Fix harmless NRE when leaving flight scene with the ResearchBodies UI window open.
*ResearchBodies Log files are now kept and timestamped in the \GameData\REPOSoftTech\ResearchBodies\Plugins\PluginData folder.
*You need Contract Configurator v1.23.3 with this version of Research Bodies.
*Removed shinyness changes from the celestial bodies - for the color and detail changing.

@Galileo - Shinyness factor removed as well. Sorry that took me a while. Let me know if that fixes your issue or not.

EDIT: Also please note you MUST have Contract configurator V1.23.3 or above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An error report that seems to be related to this mod.

This happens at launching a small vessel, tried a couple of times and it happened every time. Cleared up after uninstalling.

 

Spoiler


RemoteTech: AntennaManager: OnRegister(Reflectron DP-10)
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Register(ModuleSPUPassive(Untitled Space Craft, f9966aeb-a914-4d39-8ba3-abde8257cbd0))
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
 
(Filename:  Line: 386)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Attempting to Grab Progressive CB Maps Types...
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Progressive CB Maps Version:0.1.25.0
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Got Assembly Types, grabbing Instances
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Got Instance, Creating Wrapper Objects
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Getting CBVisualMapsInfo Object
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Success: True
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:48 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Arrggg: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

10/10/2017 9:30:52 PM,ResearchBodies-PCBMWrapper,Arrggg: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 44739248.
d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=5279 w=4096 h=2048 mips=13 d3dfmt=21 [out of memory]
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 44739248.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 44739248.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 44739248.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 44739248!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 44739248B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture
Allocation happend at: Line:383 in 
Memory overview

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Katten said:

An error report that seems to be related to this mod.

This happens at launching a small vessel, tried a couple of times and it happened every time. Cleared up after uninstalling.

 

<snip>

Full logs please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Full logs please.

Attempting to reproduce on another computer... so far no issues!

Mods for reference 
 

Spoiler

KSP 1.3.1 stock plus mods:
 * ResearchBodies 1:V1.9.6 (RB
 * Module Manager 2.8.1
 * Contract Configurator 1.23.3
 * REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.1.0
* Toolbar
* Orbital Science
* SCANsat
* Contract Configurator
 * Unmanned before Manned (SETI-UbM) 1.3.0.2
 * Community Tech Tree 1:3.2.1
 * KSP AVC 1.1.6.2
 * TakeCommandContinued 1.4.10.1
 * SETI-ProbeParts 1.3.0.2
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I have submitted and undertaken a challenge in a sort of a 1up to Scott Manley's Galileo Conquest. I have run into a bit of a wall in that I am uncertain how to further celestial research other than contracts. I have discovered quite a few bodies just randomly pointing about the elliptical plane and clicking track bodies over and over. I have initiated research on about half of the list in the observatory, but this is only at 10%. It doesn't seem to allow more other than the contracts to search the skies and celestial research at another 10% and MUCH time. Is it really going to take years to research one planet, let alone the full system? Am I doing something basic wrong? I read other posts about taking pictures, but only have Research Bodies installed and don't see any option for that even having upgraded the telescope in the tech tree. I am willing to provide whatever you need if you can help. Thank you @JPLRepo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zanie420 said:

Hello. I have submitted and undertaken a challenge in a sort of a 1up to Scott Manley's Galileo Conquest. I have run into a bit of a wall in that I am uncertain how to further celestial research other than contracts. I have discovered quite a few bodies just randomly pointing about the elliptical plane and clicking track bodies over and over. I have initiated research on about half of the list in the observatory, but this is only at 10%. It doesn't seem to allow more other than the contracts to search the skies and celestial research at another 10% and MUCH time. Is it really going to take years to research one planet, let alone the full system? Am I doing something basic wrong? I read other posts about taking pictures, but only have Research Bodies installed and don't see any option for that even having upgraded the telescope in the tech tree. I am willing to provide whatever you need if you can help. Thank you @JPLRepo

As they say... The Solar System wasn't discovered in a day.
Correct. With just this mod installed. You have to do the contracts.
You have to research the bodies you have initiated research on.
There are two different contracts. One is via the Observatory itself... and yes these take time.
The second is to do the same research but via the telescope. Which are faster.

This is a mild simulation of the effects of conducting this research from within the atmosphere as apposed to not in an atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JPLRepo thanks for the update! I forgot to ask though, where there any changes to the structure or syntax of the mod? I haven’t had a lot of time to look at the latest update just yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now