JPLRepo

[1.6.x] ResearchBodies V1.9.9 (17th Feb 2019)

This mod sounds great!!! Definitely trying it out!

To be fair, I think this should be stock

@JPLRepo I rebooted and it's working now. I don't know what's different. 

Windows 10, KSP 1.6.1 around 100 mods

This is the first time I'm using this mod in a new (this week) save with Snarkiverse planet pack. No new planets found yet.

I just launched the TB-75M Telescope. When I Click the Research Bodies button on the satellite menu I get a Research Bodies GUI window pop up with nothing in the window and the log is being spammed with NREs.

Spoiler

[EXC 16:10:33.136] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.GUI.Button (Rect position, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
	ResearchBodies.ModuleTrackBodies.DrawWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

[EXC 16:10:33.183] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.GUI.Button (Rect position, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

KSP.LOG

Edited by Tonka Crash

On 1/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, Tonka Crash said:

@JPLRepo I rebooted and it's working now. I don't know what's different. 

Windows 10, KSP 1.6.1 around 100 mods

This is the first time I'm using this mod in a new (this week) save with Snarkiverse planet pack. No new planets found yet.

I just launched the TB-75M Telescope. When I Click the Research Bodies button on the satellite menu I get a Research Bodies GUI window pop up with nothing in the window and the log is being spammed with NREs.

Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 16:10:33.136] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 16:10:33.183] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KSP.LOG

I encountered the same problem.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, DunaManiac said:

I encountered the same problem.

Same problem as well. The Research Bodies window shows up as blank. Haven't rebooted yet, I'll see if it helps later.

1 hour ago, DestinyPlayer said:

Same problem as well. The Research Bodies window shows up as blank. Haven't rebooted yet, I'll see if it helps later.

Same here. I tried reloading the save (not the game) two or three times and it finally worked.

Just had the same problem happen again. Same circumstance as last time. Try to open research bodies for the first time in a save after placing a telescope in orbit and get a blank menu.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Aodhan said:

Same here. I tried reloading the save (not the game) two or three times and it finally worked.

I have the same problem. What do you mean by reloading the save, going to main menu or just f5+f9 a couple times ?

EDIT : reloading the save or the game doesn't seem to do anything

Issue already referenced on github. Temporary fix is to visit the observatory before loading the craft with your space telescope.

Edited by lBoBl

5 hours ago, lBoBl said:

I have the same problem. What do you mean by reloading the save, going to main menu or just f5+f9 a couple times ?

Well, It mustn’t be it because it didn’t work this time ;)

I tried loading the game and got the usual blank ResearchBodies window.

What did work however, was going back to space center from my ship, opening the telescope building and returning to my ship. After that, everything worked fine with researchbodies.

Edit : saw you found the answer on GitHub...

Edited by Aodhan

I’ll try to make some of my free time available to update this in the next week.

• Like 2

In the latest release 1.9.9.0 error in file Version: still the maximum version of KSP1.5.99, and version of the release 1.9.8. Therefore, KSP-AVC continues to report the availability of a new version of this mod.

• Like 2

Hi,

Great Mod, love it. Having a hard time discovering the moons of Jupiter though. How can I discover them, and what telescope would i need.