[1.12.x] ResearchBodies V1.13.0 (15th May 2022)

JPLRepo

2 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I wish I had the know-how to do that too. It's frustrating beyond belief to the point where I'm considering getting into C# (that's what I think it is?).

I had no experience with C# before I started playing KSP just over a year ago. I found tutorials on here about how to set up the Visual Studio environment for modding and now routinely download mods to change things I don't like. I think some tweaks to MechJeb's landing autopilot were the first thing I ever got working.

I've also managed to find a few bugs and provide enhancements to mods that I've submitted PRs. I could probably create my own mods at this point, but I have no desire to actually support a mod. It would probably drive me away from the game.

I would appreciate people not downloading and re-distributing my mod. Besides which part of this mod is ARR.

that said, I’ll look into getting it up to speed. Until now I had only had one problem reported to me about this mod in 1.7.x. Sorry I’ve been a bit tardy with updating mods, but my mods are maintained in my free time, and I’ve been short of that recently.

16 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I would appreciate people not downloading and re-distributing my mod. Besides which part of this mod is ARR.

I don't think anyone was discussing re-distribution. My comments about downloading and changing mods is for my own personal use. 

19 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I don't think anyone was discussing re-distribution. My comments about downloading and changing mods is for my own personal use. 

That's fine, except not sure that was clear. What people do themselves without re-distributing is up to them.

I'd reiterate part of this mod, including the source code (which unfortunately I have to make public for it to be on this forum) is All Rights Reserved.

• 3 weeks later...

Will it work with Kerbol Origins in conjunction with Tarsier Space Telescope?  I haven't been able to discover any planets using the earliest TST telescope. 

Edited by Sarxis

Hi there! As far as I know, this mod works with OPM. But do I need to alter anything in this mod to make it support Kerbol Origins, Outer Kerbin, Dwarf Planets or any other Kopernicus mod? If so, is it possible to do so with simple MM patch or something?

9 hours ago, Shawn Kerman said:

the mod maker themselves has to add a config for their own mod, you can make your own but not post it here is a example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583468843268046859/602356586429677576/ResearchBodies.cfg (this is from my own mod don't accuse me of stealin stuff.)

Thank you for this example! 
OPM config looks very different. It adds another upgrade level to Telescope so it can find distant planets and stuff.
Do you know what 'Ignore levels' are?

10 hours ago, Ryan_Coates said:

In the mission control building

I guess I should have asked for more specifics and will assume you mean a contract such as "Search the Skies"  This is normal for RB.  The contract requires you to pay funds to start the observing.  Success comes at the end of the contract when you discover something.  Note that:

1. Failure is a double negative, meaning that you would get some of your funding back in this case; and,
  2. The Objective states "All you have to do is start the contract, which will cost a significant investment of funds."

So I've had a rake about so I'll aoolagise if it turns out this question has been answered (many) times before:

How long does the research launched from the observatory take / what does it depend on? Not after anything too specific but can I expect after finding Minmus via orbital telescope the research to take a month/year/years? 

Will upgrading the facilty or launching a fleet of telescopes make it go faster? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, relatively new to KSP and have just installed this mod.  Unfortunately I seem to be doing something wrong as all the planets are still visible when I begin a new game.  I have followed through the install instructions to the dot as noted on the first page.  I'm also getting the parts in the VAB but once they are launched there is no options to activate or scan for bodies etc.    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Skarlinger said:

Hey all, relatively new to KSP and have just installed this mod.  Unfortunately I seem to be doing something wrong as all the planets are still visible when I begin a new game.  I have followed through the install instructions to the dot as noted on the first page.  I'm also getting the parts in the VAB but once they are launched there is no options to activate or scan for bodies etc.    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

To ask the daft, but easy, question: in setting up the new game did you check the difficulty options? 

50 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

An even more obvious question - it’s a career game right?

and you installed it to the correct folder?

1.7.x Career game, installed to gamedata file as per directions.

Have done a complete wipe of all other mods and installed to base game along with Contract Config Mod by there lonesome and same thing still happens.

Edited by Skarlinger

Is there a guide to using the mod? I have OPM installed and some random clicking has given me a long list of bodies about which I know 0% e.g. Nissee and a few about which I know 10% e.g. Neidon.

I have a TB-75M telescope in a high orbit and I have completed the search the skies mission twice.

What is the designed flow for discovering a new object and then learning enough about it to send probes there?