[1.1.2] Real Solar System Expanded (0.14.0)

ImkSushi

Download from Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/685/Real%20Solar%20System%20Expanded

This mod REQUIRES:
Real Solar System
Kopernicus
SigmaBinary

This is me taking over @pozine mod, seeing as he has been offline since February. Most credit goes to him.

(11/05/16) - Poll!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10183143

(20/05/16) - Poll!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10263601

This mod is the continuation of Pozine's RSS Planets & Moons Expanded Mod. It adds more stuff to RSS:In the current version (0.13.2):
Retextures Saturn;
Adds a heightmap for Iapetus;
Does something to Uranus;
Adds Asteroids (Asteroid Belt/Kuiper Belt/Elsewhere):
Vesta;
Juno;
Ceres;
Pallas;
Ida;
Dactyl;
67P (Where Rosetta went and Philae landed);
Lutetia;
Orcus;
Vanth (its moon);
Makemake;
Chariklo;
Halley;
Sedna;
Moons of Jupiter:
Metis;
Adrastea;
Amalthea;
Moons of Saturn:
Pan;
Daphnis;
Hyperion;
Pheobe;
Pandora;
Prometheus;
Epimetheus;
Janus;
Moons of Uranus:
Titania;
Miranda;
Ariel;
Umbriel;
Oberon;
Moon of Neptune:
Proetus;
Moons of PlutoCharon:
Styx;
Nix;
Kerberos;
Hydra;

All stuff I plan to do:

Small_bodies_of_the_Solar_System.jpg

Changelog:

Re released for ksp 1.1.2

Fixed Dactyl
Added Index numbers (internal)
Added back the RSS-Exp contracts

Added Distant Object Enhancement compatibility
Added better descriptions for some bodies

More to come in future updates.

DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU HAVE PROBES IN INTERPLANETARY SPACE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT, as planets have been moved around.
Orbits changed to be more accurate - most noticeably with Uranus Moons and the Asteroids inclinations (Pallas is meant to be inclined)
Saturn's Rings changed, will be finalised in 0.15.0

Credits:
Me (imkSushi) for doing something
pozine for making the mod in the first place
NathanKell for Real Solar System
ThomasP for Kopernicus (sorry about the axial tilt discussion)
Sigma88 for SigmaBinary
the ksp devs for KSP
anyone who downloaded the mod for supporting the mod

Old thread:

This mod is licensed by the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Edited by ImkSushi

50 minutes ago, ImkSushi said:

Download from Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/685/Real%20Solar%20System%20Expanded

This is me taking over @pozine mod, seeing as he has been offline since February. Most credit goes to him (I have written the descriptions).

This mod is the continuation of Pozine's RSS Planets & Moons Expanded Mod. It adds more stuff to RSS:
In the current version (0.13.0 pre1):
Retextures Saturn
Adds a heightmap for Iapetus
Does something to Uranus
Adds Asteroids:
Vesta
Juno
Ceres

More to come as I check it and write descriptions.

Credits:
Me (imkSushi) for doing something
pozine for making the mod in the first place
NathanKell for Real Solar System
the ksp devs for KSP
anyone who downloaded the mod for supporting the mod

Old thread (please have a look, as I haven't finished this thread):

Nice, are you planning to update it?

Just now, Table said:

Nice, are you planning to update it?

Yup. Gotta get all the descriptions and stuff done first. If someone could get it on CKAN, that would be brilliant. My computer won't run netkan.exe

I plan to add as much as I can in.

Just now, ImkSushi said:

Yup. Gotta get all the descriptions and stuff done first. If someone could get it on CKAN, that would be brilliant. My computer won't run netkan.exe

I plan to add as much as I can in.

This is great, you should ask the CKAN people, also you're gonna need a license I think.

21 minutes ago, Table said:

This is great, you should ask the CKAN people, also you're gonna need a license I think.

There is a tutorial on it on the CKAN website.

I have also found out that in April, they found a moon of Makemake, so I'll have to do that.

Oh, and something else.

This mod needs Kopernicus to function, and also RSS. I reccomend you bundle this with Kopernicus, and put a link of Kopernicus in the desc, and give credit to the Kopernicus author!

Keep up the progress man!

1 minute ago, Table said:

Oh, and something else.

This mod needs Kopernicus to function, and also RSS. I reccomend you bundle this with Kopernicus, and put a link of Kopernicus in the desc, and give credit to the Kopernicus author!

Keep up the progress man!

It also requires SigmaBinary. I don't want to do that, because people may install Kopernicus et al twice by mistake.

Update 0.13.0 is out!

Get it now!

Finishes porting the mod over to ksp 1.1.2

1 hour ago, ImkSushi said:

It also requires SigmaBinary. I don't want to do that, because people may install Kopernicus et al twice by mistake.

Update 0.13.0 is out!

Get it now!

Finishes porting the mod over to ksp 1.1.2

great!, now for some pics!

@ImkSushinice to see a re - release of this mod! Two points of interest:

• It would be a nice idea to add indexes for the new bodies for the bodies to have a consistent ID (crafts around a body won't be teleported to another random one if on a Kopernicus update).
  • You can fix Dactyl by fixing the biome map name definition.

9 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@ImkSushinice to see a re - release of this mod! Two points of interest:

• It would be a nice idea to add indexes for the new bodies for the bodies to have a consistent ID (crafts around a body won't be teleported to another random one if on a Kopernicus update).
  • You can fix Dactyl by fixing the biome map name definition.

I fixed it for the next update.

FAB!

Was patiently and very quietly awaiting this mod to be updated.  I'll never get to all these places, but I like the idea of the possibility! And the beautiful Eye Candy.

Well done Sir!

Edited by Wallygator

1 hour ago, Wallygator said:

FAB!

Was patiently and very quietly awaiting this mod to be updated.  I'll never get to all these places, but I like the idea of the possibility! And the beautiful Eye Candy.

Well done Sir!

I'll release 0.13.1 tonight, and then I'll finish the thread. 

this is great @ImkSushi, great initiative from your part, I am very thankful !!!!!

one issue I had with pozine's version and that I think it was touched upon a couple of posts earlier is the indexing of bodies - this was clashing with Remote Tech Contract's Pack (and other RSS contract packs).

is there a way to leave the original RSS indexing numbers untouched and use new ones so this mod doesn't break the aforementioned contract packs? I am asking this as a complete noob and out of curiosity, I very much appreciate the work you have done to re-pack this to 1.1.2 :D:D:D

@hypervelocityRSS Expanded is required to have correct ID numbers for the bodies and not modify for any reason the original RSS IDs. Just use numbers higher than 25 (the number ID of Charon in RSS) and everything will be good.

Of course any other mod that would like to add/patch more bodies will have to conform to the already used indexes but that is another story.

1 hour ago, hypervelocity said:

this is great @ImkSushi, great initiative from your part, I am very thankful !!!!!

one issue I had with pozine's version and that I think it was touched upon a couple of posts earlier is the indexing of bodies - this was clashing with Remote Tech Contract's Pack (and other RSS contract packs).

is there a way to leave the original RSS indexing numbers untouched and use new ones so this mod doesn't break the aforementioned contract packs? I am asking this as a complete noob and out of curiosity, I very much appreciate the work you have done to re-pack this to 1.1.2 :D:D:D

Ok. That will also come in 0.13.1, along with contracts.

Edited by ImkSushi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.