[1.1.2] Real Solar System Expanded (0.14.0)

ImkSushi

53 minutes ago, LeuZ said:

Thanks man. Finally it' s getting updated. 

Just downloaded it and it's working great!

Thanks. I am in the process of writing a proper todo list. 

Thanks. I have a question:

Which mods do I need extra stuff to make it compatible? I have already coded some stuff for distant object enhancement for 0.13.2. I have also decided for stuff to do for 0.14.0

4 minutes ago, Table said:

Keep up the good work man, when Kopernicus Expansion updates, maybe you could some comets? (Halley, Hale-Bopp etc.)?

B/c Kopernicus Expansion has comet tail effects!

If it gets updated, I will use it.

5 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Any interest in adding 433 Eros?  Would be interesting to try and attempt the 1966 proposal covering a possible manned flyby in 1975.

Not begging, just curious.

Small_bodies_of_the_Solar_System.jpg

To the right of the Moon and Deimos, and below Ceres and Ida

@ImkSushi

I just wanted to let you know there is a RSS Extrasolar mod.  I want both mods to keep on playing nicely with each other since they are awesome mods.

RSS Extrasolar

P.S. Awesome mod, can't wait to see what you will add next.

Cheers,

c4fusion

Edited by c4fusion
Missing link

6 hours ago, ImkSushi said:

Small_bodies_of_the_Solar_System.jpg

To the right of the Moon and Deimos, and below Ceres and Ida

Thank you, and yes, I am well aware of it's size, etc. - just curious if you had plans to include it in your expansion mod (nice compilation pic though - very nice!)

What I would like to do ---> Manned Eros (433) proposal from 1966

Edited by Wallygator

45 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Thank you, and yes, I am well aware of it's size, etc. - just curious if you had plans to include it in your expansion mod (nice compilation pic though - very nice!)

What I would like to do ---> Manned Eros (433) proposal from 1966

My plan is to do everything on that map.

1 hour ago, ImkSushi said:

My plan is to do everything on that map.

Wow!!!  Best of luck!  This mod ranks as my absolute favorite. Well done!

EDIT: Apologies for not properly reading your initial thread post where you did say you were doing the entire chart. My mistake. 

Edited by Wallygator
My failure to read

36 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Wow!!!  Best of luck!  This mod ranks as my absolute favorite. Well done!

EDIT: Apologies for not properly reading your initial thread post where you did say you were doing the entire chart. My mistake. 

Thanks. I added it to the original post after you asked, so don't worry. 

8 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Was there any problem with the inclination values?

Yup, they were not lined up with the Ecliptic properly. The only asteroids that are meant to be at such high inclinations, is the Pallas family (of which there is only Pallas in RSS-Exp atm).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallas_family

The Pallas or Palladian family of asteroids is a grouping of B-type asteroids at very high inclinations in the intermediate asteroid belt (Cellino et al. (2002)). It was first noted byKiyotsugu Hirayama in 1928.

The namesake of the family is 2 Pallas, an extremely large asteroid with a mean diameter of about 550 km. The remaining bodies are far smaller; the largest is 5222 Ioffe with an estimated diameter of 22 km. This, along with the preponderance of the otherwise rare B spectral type among its members, indicates that this is likely a cratering family composed of ejecta from impacts on Pallas. Another suspected Palladian is 3200 Phaethon, the parent body of the Geminid meteor shower.

Question about extra textures. I noticed there are some things like Cheron and its' biome map included, as well as things like "jupiter clouds", though in the RSSPatch config I don't see them being implemented? Are they now just unused but still in the texture pack?

1 hour ago, shoe7ess said:

Question about extra textures. I noticed there are some things like Cheron and its' biome map included, as well as things like "jupiter clouds", though in the RSSPatch config I don't see them being implemented? Are they now just unused but still in the texture pack?

There is stuff that is not used, but in the future, they will be, e.g. The extra rings textures. 

2 minutes ago, Einkleinermensch said:

Hmmmm, asteroids in rings maybe? :)

I've found that you have changed inclination of Enceladus' orbit. Are you going to make moons of Saturn inclined relatively to Earth' simulated "axial tilt"?

No, I removed that 'axial tilt', because of this logic:

With that extra inclination, ALL bodies were extra inclined, and so all but one was rather wrong;
Without that extra inclination, NO bodies were extra inclined, and so all but one was almost right;

If you think about it, it is logical.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.