[1.1.2] Real Solar System Expanded (0.14.0)

ImkSushi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 3:38 PM, basila said:

Great mod. But it breaks the initial positions on the planets, and because of that replicas of historical missions are impossible. Is it possible to correct somehow?

I am using the unofficial patch from August 2016 (from this thread -- using 1.1.3 for RSS) and I'm able to replicate Pioneer and Voyager missions.

Edited by antilochus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2016 at 1:07 PM, Guswut said:

Download #4 (now ALL bodies have an orbit color which I made via a half-in-the-sun screenshot of each body, and then a bit of estimating what'll look alright in map view, as well as an updated DOE (Distant Object Enhancement) color based upon the orbital color): http://guswut.com/KSP/RSSExpansion_UnofficialPatch_2016-08-06--18-59-37.zip

@cantab I just downloaded this successfully, the link still works. I'm having possible problems on my side (perpetual loading when starting a game), but it's not the lack of download link, and I'm not ready yet to break down and ask for help.

EDIT: I'm close though. Darn perpetual loading, any version, and just Kop.,Galac.Neigh., Sigma, RSS, and RSSE, but not if RSSE isn't added. Strange.

EDIT: TIL, that SigmaBinary is NOT the SAME mod as SigmaDimensions is... oops, my bad, let me try this again... Yep, disregard, I'm an idiot. You need BOTH SigmaBinary and SigmaDimensions.

Edited by YagiHige

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2017 at 5:48 PM, cantab said:

@Guswut 's site is offline. Does anyone else have his patches?

Sorry about that, I restored from a backup that was out of date and I didn't notice that it had wiped out the KSP directory. I've also gone ahead and uploaded the patch to SpaceDock as it doesn't look like it'll be integrated into the main version anytime soon (and I don't want to take over guardianship of this mod nor fork a copy (but if anyone else wants to use my code for either of those, feel free of course!)).

I'll update my older posts to reflect the SpaceDock link as well. Huge thanks to @AloE for shooting me a PM to bring this to my attention!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't installed Guswut's changes yet but they appear to be inclination related only; I'm having some really strange issues with everyone's favorite moon, Dactyl. It's extremely spiky and whenever I get close to it it becomes invisible. I'm running 0.14.0 along with much of Realism Overhaul on 1.1.3. Are the issues because the mod is for 1.1.2? Any way around it?

Thanks. Great mod.

On 21/01/2017 at 9:14 AM, MatttheCzar said:

I like the idea of adding Eros.

Considering at least one NASA brain penned a study to consider a manned flyby of Eros, it would be kinda cool to have it available as a target.

As resurfaced in Mr. David Portree's recap at Wired...

Edited by Wallygator

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Could the fact that the .cfg's do not contain a

finalizeOrbit = true

or better said, no finalizeOrbit at all, be a source for issues?

Unlikely. That is not needed, RSS uses it for a very particular reason but would be fine without it.

On 1/21/2017 at 4:14 AM, MatttheCzar said:

I like the idea of adding Eros.

Same, I got this mod specifically because I'm trying to recreate a lot of stuff from the universe of the expanse, notably, Ceres and Eros. Hope Eros makes it in soon! 

Edit: also, as someone pointed out earlier, is there a way to use this with the 1/10 scale RSS?

Edited by travtrigs

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all.

Thanks for this mod, it looks great.

I am getting confused (not hard for me) regarding exactly what mods are required, what patches, what version levels etc.

I would like to try this with KSP 1.2.2;

if possible could i get a link list or some helpful guidance to help with getting the right stuff.

Again, thanks for any and all help and for all of the work that has gone into this.

Cheers.

Hi, I've got this mod to work on my 1.2 installation, but when I click on some of the bodies in the tracking station nothing happens. This only happens to a few bodies, for example Sedna, but not for some other bodies such as halleys comet or ceres.

I found this stack trace, maybe someone can find out whats going wrong:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event OnCBIconClicked in class SpaceTracking:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(CelestialBody)
OrbitRenderer:objectNode_OnClick(MapNode, Buttons)
KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapNode:OnPointerUp(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerUpHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With some modifications, this mod can run with KSP 1.2.2.

I use exalosm's mod to replace the Pluto minor moons of RSS Ex, and this mod runs well.

(Please comment the GameData\RSSExpansion\000-RSSPatches.cfg Line 148~156!)

Here is the exalosm's Pluto moons:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L7tcgfuAt2Rk1TWGtBUHF0YUk/edit

And here is his Pluto mission vedio:

Edited by huangth

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's already 1.2.2 compatible. 

I am trying now it just goes decides to not load RSS at all, is their another download?

From the look of the Output log it has to do something with Kopernicus

a lot of errors of the type of this

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by flashfire2205

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.